Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Cheatum the Evil Midget posted:

Shawarma is drat fine but banh mi is objectively the best of all possible sandwiches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvKTOHVGNbg

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Gwaihir posted:

Add a couple zeroes then we'll be talking.

I thought we are talking JPEGs not real cars.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
hi im a big mushy chewy sort of sweet and peppery mess, can I go out wit-h your daughter? :jerkoff: :jackoff: :eyeroll:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

EminusSleepus posted:

I thought we are talking JPEGs not real cars.

I was! If it was the real car you'd have to add yet another zero!

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Gwaihir posted:

I was! If it was the real car you'd have to add yet another zero!

this is the price we get for putting lifetime insurance on pixels

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

hmmm I can't say this jpg has convinced me to invest.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

A Neurotic Jew posted:

hmmm I can't say this jpg has convinced me to invest.

how about to ingest?

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
A little rye bread from Arthur Avenue in the Bronx. Two slices of prosciutto, so thinly sliced. One slice of apple, just as thin. And a nice chunk of New York Sharp Cheddar.

Grilled.

Add some Dijon mustard if you want - it brings the apple out.

Sadly, no pictures exist of this glory.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
for a second I thought that was paseyos but it still looks really familiar

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Ironically enough with this car, this is the most expensive jpeg ever posted in this thread.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

for god's sake everyone, ben lesnick is a human being too

some of you all go off the rails a bit

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Justin Tyme posted:

for god's sake everyone, ben lesnick is a human being too

some of you all go off the rails a bit

True. He's like 3 human beings. Probably 5 sandis.

E: seriously Ben. Get the band surgery. You won't make it past 50 at this rate.

Crash74
May 11, 2009
Please merge and , TIA.

E: will also shell out :tenbux: for a plat upgrade / av if its good.

Crash74 fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Nov 3, 2015

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

jaegerx posted:

:vince:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

jaegerx posted:

E: seriously Ben. Get the band surgery. You won't make it past 50 at this rate.

:drat:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

AP posted:

Yeah, each new day brings more stupid, the petition didn't seem to help, there's at least 2,592 of them out there.

[REDACTED]

I realized Karl/Raess20XX used their real facebook account to comment on this.

Runa fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 3, 2015

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

And I've edited my comment and quote to protect the identity of this complete idiot and also rear end in a top hat.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Derek I got an honest question for you. Why are you so forthcoming with your legal plans against CiG? Whenever a civil case is being drafted with my lawyers they've always said to keep quiet after initial contact due to saying something publicly afterwards that can bite you in the rear end during discovery. Granted the cases I've been a part of aren't game related it just seems odd to be so open about it all.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Nevermind that Raess20XX has been shown to act maliciously in attempting to get a VC's private investment stake seized while making spurious claims about them, among other people.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
How old is she? Given she claims she's 22 In this 2005 article. So was she born in 1980 (as she claims on imdb) or 1983?

Also that site isn't an official BMW page - it's for Z8 enthusiasts who go around taking scenic photos. So she charmed some photographer with exciting tales about being a bit player in Hollywood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYaXw8TZEvs

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:

flyboi posted:

Derek I got an honest question for you. Why are you so forthcoming with your legal plans against CiG? Whenever a civil case is being drafted with my lawyers they've always said to keep quiet after initial contact due to saying something publicly afterwards that can bite you in the rear end during discovery. Granted the cases I've been a part of aren't game related it just seems odd to be so open about it all.

It definitely couldn't be because he might be a hack fraud that is sending up all of his dickriders in this thread.

I believe he does this because his crusade is just and pure to bring down Croberts and his ilk.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
It honestly doesn't matter if Derek files or not, or if its disappointing. Star Citizen is still a crock of loving poo poo and you have to be deluded to think that something is not completely hosed with it right now.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Jegan Ace posted:

It definitely couldn't be because he might be a hack fraud that is sending up all of his dickriders in this thread.

I believe he does this because his crusade is just and pure to bring down Croberts and his ilk.

It's not that it's cool to hate on Fallout 4 it's just that everyone kind of already knows Bethesda's style of game, and since Witcher 3 just sort of strolled in and dunked on every other open world WRPG out there some people have higher standards now.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Ironically enough with this car, this is the most expensive jpeg ever posted in this thread.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Dapper Dan posted:

It honestly doesn't matter if Derek files or not, or if its disappointing. Star Citizen is still a crock of loving poo poo and you have to be deluded to think that something is not completely hosed with it right now.

But Croberts said Derek Smart threatens the project, it must be true!

BigMouthSingers
Oct 15, 2015

I still subscribe because the puzzlebox tells me to.

Star Citizen.... you're playing right now.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Derek wants to put 250 people out of work. So Chris did it for him. Rip Austin office.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:

T.G. Xarbala posted:

It's not that it's cool to hate on Fallout 4 it's just that everyone kind of already knows Bethesda's style of game, and since Witcher 3 just sort of strolled in and dunked on every other open world WRPG out there some people have higher standards now.

I liked the Witcher 3 (except the clunky, awful combat controls), but since nobody has played Fallout 4 yet, I believe Bethesda deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Dapper Dan posted:

Is there seriously anyone left in this thread that isn't on the "Star Citizen up in flames" bandwagon? I'm a backer and I share that sentiment.

I'm trying to highlight that dickriding Derek Smart's bag of hot air isn't any better than signing over your property and spouse to Croberts. They are both awful.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Do you wonder if the actual programmers / developers of the game ever get tired of everyone including Ben "I eat job" Lesnick describing themselves as developers?

Kind of reminds me of the people who wear Ferrari jackets, hats, socks, shoes, etc to goto the store.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

CrazyTolradi posted:

But Croberts said Derek Smart threatens the project, it must be true!

Technically he is a threat, because he has inspired people to look closer at it and garner refunds. And as time goes on and more and more poo poo he says comes true, more people will begin to look and refund their money or hold back on buying new poo poo. A Ponzi scheme needs constant income, it needs to be fed as much as possible the bigger it grows. It is a gigantic, all devouring cancer that eventually kills everyone. Tightening off possible sources of cash will kill it faster and basically that's what SC has become, a gigantic ponzi scheme that sells jpeg instead of stock. It has produced nothing tangible but buggy poo poo in 4 years and 90+ million dollars. The less eyes on that fact the better. If investors and whales start getting cold feet, that's even loving worse than people who weren't paying attention getting their $50 bucks out. CRoberts might not believe he is in a ponzi scheme that he is funding his 'vision', but that's pretty much how he is operating.

The lawsuit is small potatoes, if it even ever happens and I don't really care if Derek files or not (if he does, more entertainment. If not, oh well. It doesn't invalidate anything. Though he'll probably get endless amounts of poo poo for it). Even if it does get filed, it can get tied up in court for years or thrown out. Lawsuits take a long, long time. I don't doubt that if it is filed, CIG will attempt to delay it until Star Citizen is released with every promised feature. (IE: heat death of the universe).

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Jegan Ace posted:

I liked the Witcher 3 (except the clunky, awful combat controls), but since nobody has played Fallout 4 yet, I believe Bethesda deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Is there seriously anyone left in this thread that isn't on the "Star Citizen up in flames" bandwagon?
I'm a backer and I share that sentiment.

I'm trying to highlight that dickriding Derek Smart's bag of hot air isn't any better than signing over your property and spouse to Croberts. They are both awful.

there's a lawyer, a CS expert, an auditor, and investment advisor that vehemently defend CIG and Crobizzle at every oppurtunity. they also happen to be the two very highly qualified posters Octopode and Karl.

im sure they have a few other highly qualified credentials that i may have missed

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
D smart has produced one (1) letter on his behalf from a real law firm that exists in contrast with zero (0) from cig so it's a thin edge but one that goes to the good doctor.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Dapper Dan posted:

actually it matters lots because if he files (and especially if his filing is a dumpster fire) it will be Funny

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Agrajag posted:

there's a lawyer, a CS expert, an auditor, and investment advisor that vehemently defend CIG and Crobizzle at every oppurtunity. they also happen to be the two very highly qualified posters Octopode and Karl.

im sure they have a few other highly qualified credentials that i may have missed

Octopode is actually a really cool guy, despite popular opinions of his posting in the Star Citizen thread. I think it is wrong to compare him to Karl.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
You know how before posting, you spend a lot of time researching the subject and making sure you've got a grasp on it.

Well I didn't do any of that.

But I'm still posting.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
This here thread never fails to deliver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm not going to say I'm a fan of Derek Smart but, like a lot of people posting in the thread, I honestly just consider him to be just another guy poking fun at the shitshow.

That and he adds to the entertainment sometimes.

Jegan Ace posted:

I mean I'll probably give it a shot myself, but the recent gameplay video leak showed that I probably shouldn't expect much besides a slightly streamlined Fallout 3 plus a town editor. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's more than that, but Bethesda has a handful of mile-wide-inch-deep games under their belt so any bar they're trying to clear was one they set themselves.

That town editor stuff might be fun if it's sufficiently crunchy and with a nontrivial interaction with the rest of the game world. If it's just a tacked on mini-system like, say, every non-core gameplay element in any Assassin's Creed game then that'll be disappointing.

• Locked thread