Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Plankalkuel posted:

Just make a full game out of the Barman-in-a-Spaceship idea. You could have different alien species with different needs (and incompatibilities, like "no water"). Maybe get a bit of "Papers Please!" and lots of SciFi references in there. Nerds would love it.

The final boss is an awkward, mumbling human who says "no um I um it's not right yet can you um take it back and um make it greener and um with higher resolution" no matter what you bring him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

:psyduck:

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Mithranderp posted:

I'm reading Harry Potter in French; does that qualify me to run the marketing department of a game publisher?

Je m'appelle Tom Elvis Jedusor... JE SUIS VOLDEMORT!!!! :chanpop:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
When will 2.0 be out?

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Gwaihir posted:

Cryengine wasn't a completely ridiculous choice, it's just an odd thing to get hung up on.

It was.

You don't say "I'm going to make a game that's never been attempted before in size, scope and interactivity that will herald in a new golden age of PC gaming" *downloads cryengine_sdk.zip*

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

no_recall posted:

The changes in Fallout 4 are subtle and its not always about the graphics.This time round, the fact that you can do minecraft like base building, now that's new gameplay.

And also, Legal follows you around in the game.

Will everyone in this thread who plays FO4 name their dog Legal?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Jethro_E7 posted:

Alright, I've got one of those too. It's something they do in Australia when you do really well over a semester. If you are on track and get a high GPA for the subjects you did that term (Average a distinction), you get an award. At the end of your degree, if your GPA is high enough, you get one of those letters - at least that's how it worked in the Uni I attended.

Based on that, in my opinion, it does look likely she has a degree in something.

We have no reason to believe that she has a degree in anything or from anywhere.

As far back as 2012, she had a LinkedIn profile listing UCLA as her college. Here is a Reddit thread discussion just that.

Since my blogs hit, the 1st and 2nd LinkedIn profiles were removed.

And shortly before I was writing The Long Con blog back in Sept 22nd, we found out that she had a 3rd LinkedIn profile setup. That one now listed UNISA as the college.

Blog excerpt:

quote:

So imagine my surprise when it was revealed to me that him being married to Sandi Gardiner, the lady who went on the record (they have since removed the original article, then posted a new one three weeks ago, Sept 1st) saying “although I’m not sure about the title VP as it stands for Vice-President and there isn’t anyone above me in the Marketing Department“, was a closely kept secret – and which was never disclosed to any of the backers.

Have you seen the sheer volume of material that she’s been a part of in the community? To this day, most in that community either a) don’t believe that they are married or b) they discard it as being a personal matter. Completely disregarding the gravity and important of this single issue.

In fact, nobody even bothered to ask any questions when, out of the Blue, she was credited as the co-creator (!) of Star Citizen. An actress with zero ties to the gaming industry, zero experience in anything related to marketing of any kind and for which no record of such experience exists anywhere on planet Earth. The only tangible connection she has to the project, is being the wife of Chris Roberts. Period. End of story.

And when the investigators were done, to add to the mystery, it was discovered that not only had she lied (1, 2 @ 18:45 note: these keep disappearing but we have archives) about attending UCLA Anderson School of Management and having marketing credentials (1, 2, 3 <– this is new, we’re looking into it) from there, but that she was still pursuing her career while shooting personal projects, hosting reading sessions (1, 2, 3, 4) on company property (that’s the RSI/CIG conference room btw in those images and videos), using company assets, and in one report from our sources, backer money to fund it.

On Sept 29th, she tweeted this suspiciously looking Dean's letter supposedly from UNISA. We think it's fake; and she's going to get deposed - under oath - over it.

This is Roger Windle on p20. He had nothing to do with marketing programs at UNISA. And he seems to have fallen off the face of the Earth. We think he may have passed away.

I made a few tweets that we were looking into it. And we did.

Neither my contacts in Australia, nor our researchers here in the US were able to find ANY records of her ever attending UNISA. As in ever.

And shortly after my Tweets, when they found out we were looking into that too, sure enough, the 3rd LinkedIn profile with the UNISA college, links to its Alma Mater etc is now gone too. That's three LinkedIn profiles removed as a result of what I've been looking into.

These are the people we gave $90m to. And somehow, this is all OK.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

D_Smart posted:

We have no reason to believe that she has a degree in anything or from anywhere.

As far back as 2012, she had a LinkedIn profile listing UCLA as her college. Here is a Reddit thread discussion just that.

Since my blogs hit, the 1st and 2nd LinkedIn profiles were removed.

And shortly before I was writing The Long Con blog back in Sept 22nd, we found out that she had a 3rd LinkedIn profile setup. That one now listed UNISA as the college.

Blog excerpt:

On Sept 29th, she tweeted this suspiciously looking Dean's letter supposedly from UNISA. We think it's fake; and she's going to get deposed - under oath - over it.

This is Roger Windle on p20. He had nothing to do with marketing programs at UNISA. And he seems to have fallen off the face of the Earth. We think he may have passed away.

Neither my contacts in Australia, nor our researchers here in the US were able to find ANY records of her ever attending UNISA. As in ever.

And shortly after my Tweets, when they found out we were looking into that too, sure enough, the 3rd LinkedIn profile with the UNISA college, links to its Alma Mater etc is now gone too. That's three LinkedIn profiles removed as a result of what I've been looking into.

get 'em!

JazzPaws
Aug 10, 2014

- Ponzi Scheme Survivor -

Wafflz posted:

Will everyone in this thread who plays FO4 name their dog Legal?

No point, he wont answer as it is, unless someone has food. I think he's a cat trapped in a dogs body...

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I like the idea that Crytek's liscensing deal happened because CIG was too incompetent to make nice looking demo footage for the kickstarter phase. If Croberts couldn't even make a loving demo, what would make anyone think they could do this massive bloated game.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

On the other hand I would challenge anyone here to convince a population of people that it's not only extremely difficult to get cryengine to function as an FPS but that they should give you yet more money to help you succeed.

Extra challenge mode in convincing everyone that a compelling talking point is your inability to get aiming reticules to work, which is why you're half a year late on fulfilling a revised schedule which is also late.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Paladinus posted:

When will 2.0 be out?

Two weeks.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Mukip posted:

:psyduck: The fuuuuuuuck

The ride never ends.

"players"
Lol.

SC has a lot of customers, but roundabout 0 players.
Cause theres no game to play.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Mukip posted:

:psyduck: The fuuuuuuuck

The ride never ends.

Mr. :gary:'s Wild Ride!

Photosyphilis posted:

I wanna see a compiled list of all the humanitarian things you could've done with all the money that was funneled into this spergs wet dream

One gas station in Afghanistan. But seriously, with Heifer International, assuming $90 million, you could buy approximately:

600,000 llamas or
180,000 heifers or
900,000 schools of fish fingerlings or
4,500,000 rabbits or
360,000 water buffalo or
750,000 goats or
750,000 pigs or
750,000 sheep or
18,000 Gift Arks with water buffalo, heifers, sheep, goats, bees, chicks, rabbits, and more or
3,000,000 BEE COLONIES

That's not even everything you can buy from Heifer. That's just a sampling of what $90 million can buy, assuming you spent all $90 million on one thing (undoubtedly, you'd probably have to diversify/Heifer would simply not be used to having that much money to handle at once).

Man, gently caress this non-game. I would rather have half a million llamas than jpegs of ships.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

show me a Star Citizen player that can wear an extra small t shirt.

Trick question, no one plays Star Citizen.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

flyboi posted:

Derek I got an honest question for you. Why are you so forthcoming with your legal plans against CiG? Whenever a civil case is being drafted with my lawyers they've always said to keep quiet after initial contact due to saying something publicly afterwards that can bite you in the rear end during discovery. Granted the cases I've been a part of aren't game related it just seems odd to be so open about it all.

Simple. It's a crowd-funded project, everything is public, they claimed "openness" etc. Since there is nothing "hidden" from my end about what I'm doing, I make it all public so that everyone knows precisely what I am planning, doing etc. If nothing else, it helps light a fire under them so that they change course, try to do the right thing etc. I have stated over and over again that my goal is never to destroy the project. This is all about accountability.

And there is nothing that I've put in the public domain that's going to come back and bite me afterwards.

Zo posted:

D smart has produced one (1) letter on his behalf from a real law firm that exists in contrast with zero (0) from cig so it's a thin edge but one that goes to the good doctor.

The total is three (1, 2, 3) letters actually.

They never responded to the last one because well, there's nothing to respond to seeing as it was more of a "gently caress You! Bring it!" type response.

Dapper Dan posted:

Technically he is a threat, because he has inspired people to look closer at it and garner refunds. And as time goes on and more and more poo poo he says comes true, more people will begin to look and refund their money or hold back on buying new poo poo. A Ponzi scheme needs constant income, it needs to be fed as much as possible the bigger it grows. It is a gigantic, all devouring cancer that eventually kills everyone. Tightening off possible sources of cash will kill it faster and basically that's what SC has become, a gigantic ponzi scheme that sells jpeg instead of stock. It has produced nothing tangible but buggy poo poo in 4 years and 90+ million dollars. The less eyes on that fact the better. If investors and whales start getting cold feet, that's even loving worse than people who weren't paying attention getting their $50 bucks out. CRoberts might not believe he is in a ponzi scheme that he is funding his 'vision', but that's pretty much how he is operating.

The lawsuit is small potatoes, if it even ever happens and I don't really care if Derek files or not (if he does, more entertainment. If not, oh well. It doesn't invalidate anything. Though he'll probably get endless amounts of poo poo for it). Even if it does get filed, it can get tied up in court for years or thrown out. Lawsuits take a long, long time. I don't doubt that if it is filed, CIG will attempt to delay it until Star Citizen is released with every promised feature. (IE: heat death of the universe).

Precisely.

And I've said this over and over again, lawsuit or not, accountability is going to come in some form or another. If nothing else, those who want their money back, have been getting it as a result of all this. And that's all funded by the JPEG ships they keep selling to hapless whales.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

JazzPaws posted:

No point, he wont answer as it is, unless someone has food. I think he's a cat trapped in a dogs body...

dogs > cats confirmed

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

D_Smart posted:

I thought you guys were making a joke about UniSA. I thought the joke was university of Something Awful. I had no idea it was a real university.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

And there is nothing that I've put in the public domain that's going to come back and bite me afterwards.

Except for literally everything that you post, I suppose. (No legal ramifications, but ego/appearance ones) Regardless, it's pretty funny and sad all at the same time. An overall good ride.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Like it's pretty fuckin clear that Bootcha, at one point, really believed in Chris Roberts and the Star Citizen project. The fact that he's been burned so thoroughly, and backstabbed by backers, not investors like him, but backers is honestly pretty sad and indicative of the quality of the community they've built up around SC.

Besides, what are the odds that Karl and Raess are two completely different German auditors who behave like assholes in the same way with the same opinions on everything? Because I want to believe that this is in fact two identical crazy assholes and not one delusional one. Or that this is a long con and someone just wants to take that extra step to make Raess2014/2015 look like a complete imbecile on the internet.

So, uhm, I'm just going to throw this out there. What proof do we have that either of these two morons is an auditor; let alone you know, have a job?

ps: I can 100% confirm that Bootcha is a bona fide early investor of this project. That is all.

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008

Ragequit posted:

Except for literally everything that you post, I suppose. (No legal ramifications, but ego/appearance ones) Regardless, it's pretty funny and sad all at the same time. An overall good ride.

You do know what the name "Derek Smart" meant on-line? The way this is going, it will be an all-around improvement for our Internet warlord.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

D_Smart posted:

:chanpop: :boom: Bitches gonna lie

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013
Can anyone shop this into some good SC propaganda?

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Hell hath no fury like a semi-retired videogame developer with plenty of time and money on his hands.

:gary: PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

AP posted:

Bootcha until you get your money back, don't be tricked into doing anything that CIG might attempt to use as justification for keeping it, they are quite good at that. You can safely ignore Karl/Raess2009 as he's pretending he's not Raess2014, who are both auditors, obsessed with goons, they go to extreme lengths to defend Star Citizen and were born in Germany in same year, in the same month on the same day.

Karl has been lying throughout his time here and there should be no requirement on your part to provide more detail on what's going on with your money, considering he's been lying about his.

Karl and Seraph should get together and introduce all their personalities to each other.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Is this Karl trying to pull a "sorry guys i was afk this was my little brother typing" in tyool 2015?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol karl got owned pretty hard

i cant wait for the new article today too

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'd hide/delete my LinkedIn/Facebook page if some weirdos decided to go in to stalker/research mode too. Jesus Christ man, who cares where she went to school?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
The Butthurt is Strong in this one...

quote:

"I get so much poo poo for being a fan of the game and it gets me so pissed off, constantly hearing poo poo like:

"you're an idiot"

"once an early access game, always an early access game"

"it's never going to get released"

"it's going to be pay to win"

"They're money hungry"

"They have too much money"

"Development has gone nowhere"

I'm seriously pissed off with it, I can't wait for CR to get this game finished so I can rub it in their loving face."
You mad bro?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Ragequit posted:

I'd hide/delete my LinkedIn/Facebook page if some weirdos decided to go in to stalker/research mode too. Jesus Christ man, who cares where she went to school?

She's probably being paid six figures for a job she's not qualified for just because she's CR's wife. Plus another six figures for her "acting" role.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Enchanted Hat posted:

The final boss is an awkward, mumbling human who says "no um I um it's not right yet can you um take it back and um make it greener

:10bux::10bux::10bux:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I like this one.

quote:

honestly if it fails i bet their "Told you so!" will last about one day... theses aren't the smartest people in the world we are talking about. They are very inattentive... Otherwise they would be backers.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Yes.
He spends money on jpeg ships.
Hes literally mad.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Is this Karl trying to pull a "sorry guys i was afk this was my little brother typing" in tyool 2015?

He is being framed. BY GOONS!

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

Ragequit posted:

I agree, and I like that you can even spell it out and it won't change anything because it literally can't be helped.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Daztek posted:

I like this one.
The entire thread is so full of gold.

quote:

[–]irstevePirate 1 point 33 minutes ago
I get as far as saying "Sta--" and they leave the room. :(

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGCEvTW94rc

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Kazy posted:

She's probably being paid six figures for a job she's not qualified for just because she's CR's wife. Plus another six figures for her "acting" role.

No, according to White Knight Legal Counsel, that couldn't possibly be it. At all.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ragequit posted:

If she feels the need to lie about her qualifications, it makes it seem that she is in fact not qualified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ragequit posted:

You are not the face of a $95 million game.

• Locked thread