Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

D_Smart posted:

Precisely.

And I've said this over and over again, lawsuit or not, accountability is going to come in some form or another. If nothing else, those who want their money back, have been getting it as a result of all this. And that's all funded by the JPEG ships they keep selling to hapless whales.

Pretty much, yeah. Still, you stirring poo poo brought it to my attention. I had no idea what was going on (I actually thought they stopped selling ships awhile ago. How little I knew). It saved my brother some cash as he got his money out after I told him what was going on. And I don't doubt that other people have done the same after your blog posts.

And even if your lawsuit doesn't happen for whatever reason, you are right. You simply can't take this amount of money and screw people without consequences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene

Duckaerobics posted:

If she feels the need to lie about her qualifications, it makes it seem that she is in fact not qualified.

If she didn't want trouble she shouldn't have been so revealing.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:mmmsmug: - me thinking about the article being released today

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

:lol:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Paladinus posted:

You are not the face of a $95 million game.

I could be though. Just give me $95 million and I'll get right on it.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Ragequit posted:

I'd hide/delete my LinkedIn/Facebook page if some weirdos decided to go in to stalker/research mode too. Jesus Christ man, who cares where she went to school?

Paladinus posted:

I'm going to side with Ragequit on this one. Internet weirdos going into stalker/research mode is a good reason to utterly close up LinkedIn/Facebook. No one is required to share that information themselves on public media.

However, her qualifications may/will be subject to legal inquiry if it gets to that point. Provided they are done in a legal manner, Derek has his right to verify those qualifications to build his case.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i personally dont care about the personal life of anyone involved in any of this

i just care about how hosed up and funny star citizen is

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Bootcha posted:

I'm going to side with Ragequit on this one. Internet weirdos going into stalker/research mode is a good reason to utterly close up LinkedIn/Facebook. No one is required to share that information themselves on public media.

However, her qualifications may/will be subject to legal inquiry if it gets to that point. Provided they are done in a legal manner, Derek has his right to verify those qualifications to build his case.

Fair enough.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
is there new funny yet?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
bootcha do you want to hang out at my place for the launch party of being off work for the day one night? you can bring me champagne

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SneakyFrog posted:

is there new funny yet?

2 weeks (actually today probably since the article is coming out today)

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Eonwe posted:

:krad:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Bootcha posted:

Bootcha when you get back your six figgies please buy me a Derek's Smarties gangtag :angel:

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

bootcha do you want to hang out at my place for the launch party of being off work for the day one night? you can bring me champagne

no but you can come down to Austin and I'll drown you in BBQ and beer and high west whiskey/burbon

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
I'm sure this project would be in the same place even if they had decided to develop it in goddamn GameMaker. Or Multimedia Fusion 2.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

OK google is Star Citizen real

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Eonwe posted:

Derek gives us dates we can take to the bank. CR gives us two weeks or until the heat death of the universe.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bootcha posted:

no but you can come down to Austin and I'll drown you in BBQ and beer and high west whiskey/burbon

ok ill pay for my own bbq and beer and bourbon tho

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

SneakyFrog posted:

is there new funny yet?

Star Citizen is preparing for some big changes

quote:

There’s no release date yet for Alpha 2.0, but it does sound intriguing so far to see the Star Citizen development evolve further.
Big changes are coming in the Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 release

quote:

There's no launch date for the alpha 2.0 release just yet. There is, however, a 16-minute video featuring game designer Pete Mackay and physics programmer John Pritchett talking a bit more about what's coming, which you may enjoy below.
Star Citizen Alpha 2.0: New Flight mode along with major changes revealed

quote:

The release date for Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 has not been mentioned yet.

I dunno is a press release that saying you intend to do something "soon" funny?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
some austin bbq sounds good as f right now

i live in dallas

we have some good bbq, but still not austin level

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
can I play as Marth from Fire Emblem in this spaceship game?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

if you help them get to the 127 million stretch goal

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

ok ill pay for my own bbq and beer and bourbon tho

i live in dallas

At some point I need to go up to Dallas and get new hockey skates.

Do they still have Aladdin's Castle at Valley View?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
A few hours until dsmizzle drops a blog post

I'm preparing my body

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
:gooncamp: at Bootcha's house. Everyone is invited!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Daztek posted:

I like this one.

quote:

honestly if it fails i bet their "Told you so!" will last about one day... theses aren't the smartest people in the world we are talking about. They are very inattentive... Otherwise they would be backers.

huaaa... what? :psyduck:

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
I would be seriously freaked out about inflation if 90 million can't pull down a b-list trophy wife anymore but then again this is on the grognard socio-economic scale.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

quote:

theses aren't the smartest people in the world

lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Hobbitses

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bootcha posted:

At some point I need to go up to Dallas and get new hockey skates.

Do they still have Aladdin's Castle at Valley View?

they do not, unfortunately

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Someone mentioned the Hunger Games whistle earlier in this thread and I had Logic open and

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Eonwe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5WcDpkKMoc

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
they pretty much don't have anything like that around here at this point

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Agrajag posted:

Well he's a backer and he's smart so anyone who isn't a backer isn't smart obviously duh

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Dapper Dan posted:

Pretty much, yeah. Still, you stirring poo poo brought it to my attention. I had no idea what was going on (I actually thought they stopped selling ships awhile ago. How little I knew). It saved my brother some cash as he got his money out after I told him what was going on. And I don't doubt that other people have done the same after your blog posts.

And even if your lawsuit doesn't happen for whatever reason, you are right. You simply can't take this amount of money and screw people without consequences.

lucky for me someone made it one click away for me, a couple of years ago (i think), to see what CIG is up to if I wanted to

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Eonwe posted:

i live in dallas

I used to live in Dallas and the bbq seemed sad there compared to Austin.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Agrajag posted:

Star Citizen backers are all highly experienced contract lawyers, auditors and rocket scientists, which is why they can comfortably tell you that Derek Smart's claims are worthless, filing your accounts is for suckers, and that in a vacuum, space ships are SUPPOSED to bug out like that

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

A Neurotic Jew posted:

can I play as Marth from Fire Emblem in this spaceship game?

Yes

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bootcha posted:

Bootcha please don't drown Eonwe as I like his posting and it would be a shame to lose that.

Although it sounds like a fun way to go out so I should leave the final call up to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzPaws
Aug 10, 2014

- Ponzi Scheme Survivor -

Paladinus posted:

Correct....

This is the face of a $95 million game.....

:gary:

• Locked thread