Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

Berious posted:

I think the Chairman's Rant is when people went "woah". After that places that had been giving them sloppy BJs started to pile on.

Goons will just dance on the grave of anything though.

What Chairman's Rant? I assume it's either absolutely insane or not that crazy but just happened to be the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back and the general public realized this was actually a complete money pit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
anything ground breaking happen while ive been playing fallout 4?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

the Orb of Zot posted:

What Chairman's Rant? I assume it's either absolutely insane or not that crazy but just happened to be the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back and the general public realized this was actually a complete money pit.

it is literally a ranting and raving tower of text

fake edit it has so many pages I'll probably never be able to get through the whole thing

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
I apologize to Octopode for comparing them to Karl. Karl is on an entirely different level:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Mirificus posted:

I apologize to Octopode for comparing them to Karl. Karl is on an entirely different level:

Hahaha! He's still keeping up the charade?

Star Citizens are my favourite loopy cultists.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

Bootcha posted:

Goonettes and Gentlegoons, in preparation for my last, final, Star Citizen video, I have one thing to ask of you.

Your screeching, nails-on-chalkboard, horrific, out-of-tune, dying cat, terrible singing voice.

Please turn your attention to this audio file, Guideline.mp3
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7sfrtqzzblfdgw/Guideline.mp3?dl=0

See where I'm going?

Awhile ago in the Goonrathi forums I was going to put this together, during more optimistic times, but it got shelved. Now, I think it a fitting end to my involvement with Star Citizen.

If you would like to participate, please select a line from the lyrics below, record it in mp3 format, upload it to a dropbox, and post me the address to download.

If you do record a line, please include one chours and one 3x chourus.

Should you need a backing track, turn to this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfxyJZ0ry7k
Yes and yes. So I need to apply chorus filters?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
For what it's worth I did mean the noise PARP when I made the image rather than a fart, so that's the motherfuckin canon version right there

PARP = Airhorn sound

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mirificus posted:

He mad.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Bootcha posted:

no but you can come down to Austin and I'll drown you in BBQ and beer and high west whiskey/burbon

why no Garrison Brothers? With you being so close to them (and being good), i figured the Texas man would go local.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

Lovely Senorita posted:

it is literally a ranting and raving tower of text

fake edit it has so many pages I'll probably never be able to get through the whole thing

I just started reading it and my response is simple.

What. I'd put a Psyduck here but there is no Psyduck big enough in all of creation to underline the sheer amount of confusion that the first two pages subjected me to. How do people still give money to this man and where is the financial data so we can see where all the money is really going?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I hope Karl was right that bootcha isnt an investor. Investing a poo poo ton of cash then running errands for them makes me feel like they're comfy seeing how much they can take advantage of him. It's even sadder that Bootcha thinks a proper response to this is spending hours making songs about star citizen

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mirificus posted:

karl

please dont ever post here anymore

thank you

alternatively, do post here and keep self owning

its whatever

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

the Orb of Zot posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14979-Chairmans-Response-To-The-Escapist

trigger warning: Gamergate content

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

ShredsYouSay posted:

Yes and yes. So I need to apply chorus filters?

No, there'll be enough people singing.

Madcosby posted:

It's even sadder that Bootcha thinks a proper response to this is spending hours making songs about star citizen.

Yes, I am abursdist. Parody is a great way to criticize without breaking NDA.

Bootcha fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Nov 3, 2015

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Mirificus posted:

The hero reddit deserves.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

Romes128 posted:

He said 2pm est

thank you

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

the Orb of Zot posted:

In response to some negative press that could've easily been dismissed with a simple "this is bullshit", Roberts instead wrote a 5000 word diatribe about how gamergaters, Derek Smart and the Escapist had formed a conspiracy to get him because they were jelly of his sick crowdfunding moves and genius level vision.

Judge for yourself whether that's absolutely insane or not.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

tooterfish posted:

In response to some negative press that could've easily been dismissed with a simple "this is bullshit", Roberts instead wrote a 5000 word diatribe about how gamergaters, Derek Smart and the Escapist had formed a conspiracy to get him because they were jelly of his sick crowdfunding moves and genius level vision.

Judge for yourself whether that's absolutely insane or not.

It pretty much kicked Star Citizen into comedy overdrive.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

peter gabriel posted:

For what it's worth I did mean the noise PARP when I made the image rather than a fart, so that's the motherfuckin canon version right there

PARP = Airhorn sound

k that's fine. it's just often used in britain to be the onomatopoeia for farting hence my confusion. glad to know parp in this context is airhorn noise, is much funnier.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
at least Lesnick turned his obsession with Roberts and the project into a job. I'd say that's far more commendable than buying into SC

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Bootcha posted:

Goonettes and Gentlegoons, in preparation for my last, final, Star Citizen video, I have one thing to ask of you.

Your screeching, nails-on-chalkboard, horrific, out-of-tune, dying cat, terrible singing voice.

See where I'm going?

Awhile ago in the Goonrathi forums I was going to put this together, during more optimistic times, but it got shelved. Now, I think it a fitting end to my involvement with Star Citizen.

If you would like to participate, please select a line from the lyrics below, record it in mp3 format, upload it to a dropbox, and post me the address to download.

Should you need a backing track, turn to this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfxyJZ0ry7k

This is gold, Bootcha-- but seriously, why so short? It really does seem like you could throw some extra stanzas in there and really make this the epic goodbye to the dream it deserves to be.

I'll still take a shot at this, though. You should post lyrics in so its easier for us to follow along.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Madcosby posted:

at least Lesnick turned his obsession with Roberts and the project into a job. I'd say that's far more commendable than buying into SC

Stop trying so hard, it's kinda painful to watch.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

G0RF posted:

This is gold, Bootcha-- but seriously, why so short? It really does seem like you could throw some extra stanzas in there and really make this the epic goodbye to the dream it deserves to be.

I'll still take a shot at this, though. You should post lyrics in so its easier for us to follow along.

I hope this song is what Bootcha plays for Croberts as he says "Give me my god damned money back you sham."

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Bootcha posted:

See where I'm going?

:dance:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Madcosby posted:

I hope Karl was right that bootcha isnt an investor. Investing a poo poo ton of cash then running errands for them makes me feel like they're comfy seeing how much they can take advantage of him. It's even sadder that Bootcha thinks a proper response to this is spending hours making songs about star citizen

Your posts are still loving awful even in the context of a thread with seraph84 and krazy karl.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Bootcha posted:

See where I'm going?

Do you have all of the old Goonrathi voices?

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Hey, I recognize your name! You're the guy that made the great pixel art of the ships in the previous threads' OP:s. Would it be okay to use the art in a potential SAGDC game?

Sure, go nuts. All I ask is you give me credit. Its free advertising

http://imgur.com/a/F05Bl

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Agrajag posted:

lucky for me someone made it one click away for me, a couple of years ago (i think), to see what CIG is up to if I wanted to

Nice. I was never really interested in the thing so I never paid much attention but the sheer absurdity and hilarity of this whole thing has provided endless entertainment.

It still boggles my mind that people put so much faith in this guy and are completely unable to pull back and look at this objectively. And it is the worst gaming community on the internet that doesn't even have a loving game.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Drewjitsu posted:

Do you have all of the old Goonrathi voices?

Yup, I think so, will have to check the old thread and re-manage all the downloads. Most of them will still feature. Depending on what I get new.

G0RF posted:

I'll post lyrics later today.

As for length, I abide by "Never overstay your welcome". Short, crisp, and to the point. Plus it makes managing the project easier when all you have is a minute plus worth of video to edit.

And ruining a song that would otherwise praise SC is worth it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Just wanted you lot to know that all bad posts I make are actually made by my roommate.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kimsemus & thatguy weren't purged by Goonrathi leadership, it was their roommate's using their account.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Bootcha posted:

See where I'm going?

Hey, I'm super in. Just post the lyrics, so goons could pick the line more easily.

Remember to reserve one line for a fake squeeky furry voice.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Madcosby posted:

That's crap. He's been making songs and videos about Star Citizen the whole time. Back when he was showing up at CIG Austin with gifts of free beer for the crew and volunteering stage work for CIG events.

The symbolic of a bittersweet goodbye to Star Citizen is priceless. It's sad only inasmuch as its sad to see how badly CIG has gone off course. I mean, it's GOT to be pretty bad if a private investor / former loyalist wants nothing more than to get the hell away from the biggest crowdfunding success in history.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jul 12, 2016

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

tdevx posted:

I'm not upset, i said it pisses me off when they slate a game without the facts, not to mention pricks like Derik Smart and the Escapist brainwashing them
LOL

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ShredsYouSay posted:

k that's fine. it's just often used in britain to be the onomatopoeia for farting hence my confusion. glad to know parp in this context is airhorn noise, is much funnier.

Agreed :)

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Going back a few pages, but I'm really interested in seeing what kind of system specs are going to be required when they start cramming all of the half-baked poo poo into this "game".

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Bootcha posted:

I'll post lyrics later today.

…and I'll run them through Zarvox. Better that than ending up in the Hague for exposing living creatures to my “singing”. :D

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Refund of 2x Auroras and a Buggy (I was stupid enough to buy one) has been actioned. My first email to CIG went out on Octobre the 8th. Special Note: One Aurora was gifted to my fiancees account and back to me (so she didn't have to bother their support too). Wonder if it is related to my email to PayPals support system.

Sidenote:
I'm living in germany (same country as Karl Arsch :cry:) so you do have 14 days within delivery of a good to return the product and get your money back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Furious Mittens posted:

Going back a few pages, but I'm really interested in seeing what kind of system specs are going to be required when they start cramming all of the half-baked poo poo into this "game".

The half baked poo poo is already in my freind, I can confirm it runs like half baked poo poo

• Locked thread