Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I am playing Skyrim, over the years I have tried and never liked it but recently it clicked, you can just go and gently caress around.
Now I like it, I am level 6 now and loving life in the wilderness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Post the blog, Derek

Do it

Do

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
39 days of waiting for a refund. I even tried to be patient and pestered them less than once a week.

PayPal dispute opened and message sent.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
My nordic butt cheeks feel good in the breeze

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Did we ever get an official response on star shitizens request for some kind of rape mechanics in SC? If not, does anyone know of any other MMOs that might feature this type of gameplay? I'm asking for a friend. Tia.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Go down Derek way down to RSI
Tell ole CRoberts to let my refunds go

Now when Goons were in the promised land
Let my refunds go
Oppressed so hard they could not stand
Let my refunds go

So the Goons said, “Go down, Derek way down to RSI
Tell ole CRoberts to let my refunds go”

So Derek went to RSI
Let my refunds go
He made ole CRoberts whine and cry
Let my refunds go

Yes the Goons said, “Go down, Derek way down to RSI

Thus spoke the Goons, bold Derek said
Let my refunds go
“If not I'll smite, your .jpegs dead”
Let my refunds go

Cause the Goons said, “Go down, Derek way down to RSI

Tell ole CRoberts to let my refunds go

thatguy fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Nov 3, 2015

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

FrankieGoes posted:

Did we ever get an official response on star shitizens request for some kind of rape mechanics in SC? If not, does anyone know of any other MMOs that might feature this type of gameplay? I'm asking for a friend. Tia.

Seraph? Is that you????

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
What's the bet on being told that the blog was held up by :legal: because there were some major changes and new, shocking details just revealed?

So we will get the blog in two weeks.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Can I buy a picture of the blog to look at while waiting for the blog?

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

fixed it for you

BigMouthSingers
Oct 15, 2015

I still subscribe because the puzzlebox tells me to.

Star Citizen.... you're playing right now.

Wafflz posted:

I don't mind if the blog's not finished. I'm used to seeing unfinished blogs in my job.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Dark Off posted:

fixed it for you

lol thanks

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Dunite posted:

Ben can never lose a small child's weight because he has been cursed by Chris Himself to carry the mass of all the unborn children aborted so nerds can invest those future children's college funds in jpegs.

In his attic, Chris Roberts has a painting of a failed Star Citizen kickstarter with a thin Ben Lesnick.

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008

Wafflz posted:

The concept drawing isn't ready. Do you accept the picture of a question mark instead?

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
is there a way to listen to something while recording. dumb audacity.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

ShredsYouSay posted:

Smartphone/MP3 player + headphones?

e. You can cock around with input/outputs, but it's way easier to just go with ^.

Xaerael fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Nov 3, 2015

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

ShredsYouSay posted:

Play the song in something other then audacity (media player, virustoons), then record with audacity

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

Nah, I just drink tap water.

get yourself a reverse osmosis filter system

love ur self

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I wanted to read a blog today. Where is it?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Antoine Silvere posted:

love ur self
The gently caress did you just say to me?

I'll reverse your osmosis, punk.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Plankalkuel posted:

The concept drawing isn't ready. Do you accept the picture of a question mark instead?

Just give me anything to spend money on, I have all this money and a dream of a blog.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Derek, if you have new info, just make an addendum to your blog. Don't let scope creep get you too :ohdear:

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SirPhoebos posted:

Derek, if you have new info, just make an addendum to your blog. Don't let scope creep get you too :ohdear:

This, but ironically.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Eldragon posted:

Sure, go nuts. All I ask is you give me credit. Its free advertising

http://imgur.com/a/F05Bl

Thanks a lot!

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Chalks posted:

I wonder if you were to do a survey of people who back with very large amounts of money and refuse to consider getting a refund due to the state of the game, what the prevalence of this sort of thing would be.

Personally this thought makes me pretty angry with CIG more than anyone else.

I have an ex-friend with a scythe who refused to sell when it was peaking at $2,400 USD as well as another $1200 stashed in jpeg futures. She is pretty mentally ill but me insisting she use her ships for pressing medical bills and therapy but she instead insisted on going to work her blue collar physically demanding and dangerous job long hours because " that money has been spent, and it's gone. I am not someone to take something back. " in short a bit of an idiot. She was mad at me for being so insistent on her repurosing the funds and she pretty much made it clear to me that I should stop trying to help her / be in her life as a friend. She was rather hard to be around emotionally.

This pattern has been repeated with so many of my cig backer friends it is mind boggling. Another person was a military vet with PTSD who was foregoing therapy to buy more jpegs... The list in my limited experience just goes on and on.

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

Raskolnikov posted:

I have an ex-friend with a scythe who refused to sell when it was peaking at $2,400 USD as well as another $1200 stashed in jpeg futures. She is pretty mentally ill but me insisting she use her ships for pressing medical bills and therapy but she instead insisted on going to work her blue collar physically demanding and dangerous job long hours because " that money has been spent, and it's gone. I am not someone to take something back. " in short a bit of an idiot. She was mad at me for being so insistent on her repurosing the funds and she pretty much made it clear to me that I should stop trying to help her / be in her life as a friend. She was rather hard to be around emotionally.

This pattern has been repeated with so many of my cig backer friends it is mind boggling. Another person was a military vet with PTSD who was foregoing therapy to buy more jpegs... The list in my limited experience just goes on and on.

PM her number

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

Raskolnikov posted:

So basically CIG is targeting the mentally ill with it's sales pitch.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Antoine Silvere posted:

love ur self

Yo Elliott!

Maybe one day. But our city's water is pretty darn good.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

MrDorf posted:

Compared to the Monster I'd probably drink otherwise, a little aspartame is still a massive victory toward not dying in my 30's.

Monster drinks only kill teenagers.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Raskolnikov posted:

I've seen the same thing over and over. Obviously not all jpeg buyers fall into this category, but I bet being a major SC proponent means you're something like 1,000% more likely than average to have some sort of serious mental or emotional problems.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Derek is self owning right now

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

FrankieGoes posted:

I've seen the same thing over and over. Obviously not all jpeg buyers fall into this category, but I bet being a major SC proponent means you're something like 1,000% more likely than average to have some sort of serious mental or emotional problems.

this is true for SA aswell

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

FrankieGoes posted:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Google Butt posted:

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Google Butt posted:

The buildup is reaching critical mass at this point...the longer he waits the more epic it'll need to be. If he doesn't drop something soon the leading image of his blog will have to be an FBI agent with his knee on Croberts neck, or goons will not be satisfied.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov posted:

peeps be dum.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
iirc the only reveal Derek has been on time with were his accurate citcon predictions; and he would have delayed the conference if he had the power to

the world is a vampire

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Bootcha posted:

Goonettes and Gentlegoons, in preparation for my last, final, Star Citizen video, I have one thing to ask of you.

Your screeching, nails-on-chalkboard, horrific, out-of-tune, dying cat, terrible singing voice.

Please turn your attention to this audio file, Guideline.mp3
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7sfrtqzzblfdgw/Guideline.mp3?dl=0

See where I'm going?

Awhile ago in the Goonrathi forums I was going to put this together, during more optimistic times, but it got shelved. Now, I think it a fitting end to my involvement with Star Citizen.

If you would like to participate, please select a line from the lyrics below, record it in mp3 format, upload it to a dropbox, and post me the address to download.

If you do record a line, please include one chours and one 3x chourus.

Should you need a backing track, turn to this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfxyJZ0ry7k

Don't have PM system with just a basic SA account and don't know how else to contact you, so gently caress it - here's me with one block + chorus (the 2nd one)

And here's my 3x chorus ending, with the conclusion being :gary: PAAAAARRRRRRRRRRPPP

Use whatever you will or don't, either way can't wait to hear it all. It'll be a nice capstone to me getting my full refund last month...

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

MrDorf posted:

The buildup is reaching critical mass at this point...the longer he waits the more epic it'll need to be. If he doesn't drop something soon the leading image of his blog will have to be an FBI agent with his knee on Croberts neck, or goons will not be satisfied.

He's the one that has been pumping the hype on this post for weeks, it better deliver now and not be a bag of "two weeks".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Am I too late for Derek's blog?

haha Chris Roberts wins again

• Locked thread