Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

LASTCAR posted:

Logano tweeted this song as his rallying cry.

Please, Kenseth, wreck him again.

That's basically an ISIS recruitment song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

shyduck posted:

Isn't that kinda sorta what Logano and Kez were trying to do on some of those restarts? Maybe not so much get the field stacked but to try and get them running 1-2

That is probably part of the reason why Kenseth did what he did. Sure the Kansas thing and the Dega thing played into it but the 2, 41 and the 20 were all out of the race because of the stupid games the 2 and 22 were playing on the restarts. I was surprised that nobody on the broadcast team really brought that up as a contributing factor to Kenseth's anger. Even though it was the 2 that physically caused Kenseth's wreck the two Penske cars together caused it to happen. All that teammate, I'll let you in, you let me in stuff was stacking the field every restart and it was bound to go sideways at some point.

I feel like Logano has been running guys pretty hard and just taking his without too much give for the last few seasons and it's about time somebody actually paid him back instead of talking a big game and doing nothing. To be multiple laps down and take the guy out when he was leading the race was a pretty lovely way to get payback. For that reason I can't get 100% behind Kenseth, especially when he didn't own it after the fact, but I think Joey just got a little wakeup call that people are getting sick of his poo poo.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

I don't think Joey should change the way he drives. A lot of drivers in history have pissed people off. I think it's inevitable in racing to win as the perennial nice guy. He's winning races and no doubt he's gonna win one of the next few to get into the final four.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Exi7wound posted:

For what it's worth, I think Kenseth got what he deserved at Kansas. Joey was faster, Kenseth went down to the apron to block, then went to the top of the track to block, then back down to the middle of the track to block. If Kenseth was going to block him all over the track, three times, he's got to expect to get moved. It's a case of boys have at it. The open wheel series have rules against double blocking. NASCAR embraces the fender-banging, and Kansas was the result of that.

If you want to get technical Kenseth was faster at Martinsville and Logano blocked him. I mean sure Kenseth didn't actually hit the brakes but having to do that in a nascar race is a foreign concept anymore.

edit: Also parking someone for turning a car at loving Martinsville? Are you guys insane? If we're doing that then Keselowski should still be suspended from trying to kill Edwards 6 years ago.

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Nov 3, 2015

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
What an error by Logano not stopping that field goal during Kenseth's penalty shots! Hell of a race, hell of a sport, definitely a three boogity weekend!

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
I guess a lot of this goes back to the fact that I don't understand why Brad and Joey have done that gets them so much hate from other drivers. I would love to be able to ask someone like Jeff Burton what is going on behind the scenes, because from what I see on TV they're hard chargers just like most of the top guys, and yet they're really disliked. I don't see Joey or Brad do anything that Harvick, Stewart, the Busch's, Hamlin, and others haven't done. These guys all have problems getting raced hard by other people, but it seems to be especially true when it's the 2 and 22, and probably more so for the 22. I think one of the best ways to measure a driver is how you feel when your driver is racing door to door with him. When Jr is racing Joey I never really have too many worries, I'm not worried that he's going to wreck Jr or not give him a fair race. Same with Brad, I feel that Brad races Jr the way that Jr races him. Sometimes contact happens, but rarely do I feel like it was anything more than a racing thing. On the flip side I don't like being near Newman, Kyle Busch, or Harvick because I feel like they put my driver at risk, or aren't reliable to race around. Newman I like, but I feel like he can get too aggressive, Busch and Harvick always worry me because I feel like they're all take and no give and get bent out of shape very easily.

I guess my point is that for some reason or another Joey and Brad catch a lot of hell when I don't see what it is they're doing wrong when the other drivers I mentioned would do the exact same thing. It's almost like they're the nerdy kids in high school who, no matter what, never fit in with the crowd. Take for example Texas last year, Brad HAD TO go for the hole that Gordon left him. Harvick would have, Stewart would have, the Busch's would have; and there wouldn't have been poo poo said about the consequences. But because it was Brad, all hell broke loose. Do you see Gordon going after Stewart? Do you see Harvick pushing Hamlin back at Gordon? No way.

Either Joey and Brad are the victims of bullying or they're assholes who are rightfully disliked. I honestly don't know the answer and the insular nature of NASCAR doesn't give me a good way of finding out.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Brad at least gives out and receives in equal measure. Joey just whines to the cameras just as bad as Dale did. Disgrace.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Kyle Busch is going to win the championship. :colbert:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Peanut President posted:

edit: Also parking someone for turning a car at loving Martinsville? Are you guys insane? If we're doing that then Keselowski should still be suspended from trying to kill Edwards 6 years ago.

I think if he punted him to where he spun and maybe backed into the fence, less people would be up in arms. He ran him into the wall like I did Earnhardt in NASCAR Racing 2 when I was 9.

Brad turning Carl at Talladega was because Brad held his line, which cost Regan Smith the race before. It was Edwards wrecking Carl at Atlanta (and again at Gateway) which should've been suspension-worthy.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Nov 3, 2015

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

SpitztheGreat posted:

1. Earnhardt
2. Petty
3. Pearson
4. Johnson
5. Gordon
6. Yarborough
7. Waltrip
8. Stewart
9. B. Allison
10. Elliott

I've been fortunate enough to have attended a race where I've seen each of those ten guys win.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

I think as it comes down to what Gordon said about Logano, he came off smarmy and unapologetic to Kenseth rightfully or wrongfully pushed out of the way at Kansas wanted retribution. He wanted to take that grin off of his face. I'd say Logano hasn't made fans for taking out well regarded champion.

LASTCAR posted:

Logano tweeted this song as his rallying cry.

Please, Kenseth, wreck him again.

Kenseth, just post this song in response.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I think Logano's dad being a meddling rear end in a top hat doesn't help his garage image. The #22 crew had to physically restrain him yesterday.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Bob Keselowski is a cool dad.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

CBJSprague24 posted:

Brad turning Carl at Talladega was because Brad held his line, which cost Regan Smith the race before. It was Edwards wrecking Carl at Atlanta (and again at Gateway) which should've been suspension-worthy.

Yeah, that Talladega wreck was Edwards' and NASCAR's fault.

That Texas wreck. He absolutely should have been parked for that poo poo and am still shocked they didn't. The way his window landed on the wall...I watched that and thought, "I just watched a man die, didn't I?":stonk:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Harveygod posted:

Yeah, that Talladega wreck was Edwards' and NASCAR's fault.

That Texas wreck. He absolutely should have been parked for that poo poo and am still shocked they didn't. The way his window landed on the wall...I watched that and thought, "I just watched a man die, didn't I?":stonk:

He also drove the wrong way down the pitlane at speed to answer the black flag which is a no-no IIRC.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I've been fortunate enough to have attended a race where I've seen each of those ten guys win.

You watched Lee Roy Yarbrough win a race? Are you a lich?

edit: oh Yarborough.

Exi7wound
Aug 22, 2004

LOGANO
Remember my name... you'll be screaming it later.

shyduck posted:

I think Logano's dad being a meddling rear end in a top hat doesn't help his garage image. The #22 crew had to physically restrain him yesterday.

Tom Logano is a loving idiot.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Someone asked earlier if NASCAR wants to be a "real racing series" or some sort of redneck entertainment.

NASCAR wants to be whatever they think will bring in the absolute most money. Right now they think pretending they're a major american sport with stick and ball type playoff rules will do it.

They may decide in the future that being a demolition derby nightmare is actually more lucrative.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

anotherblownsave posted:

I don't think Joey should change the way he drives. A lot of drivers in history have pissed people off. I think it's inevitable in racing to win as the perennial nice guy. He's winning races and no doubt he's gonna win one of the next few to get into the final four.

No I don't think he should change either. Its his way of racing that is going to keep getting him wins but every once in a while somebody is going to get him back. He might get the best of other drivers more times than not and a 36 place finish with a good car is the price he's gonna have to pay sometimes and I'm sure Logo is fine with that.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

In case you missed it, NASCAR has had a webcast of the Tuesday inspection process for cars from the previous week's race.

I haven't watched it, but I'm fully expecting it to be something like when Iraq allowed UN inspectors into their facilities suspected of making weapons.

E- "All possible penalties are on the table for Matt Kenseth" -Brian France.

Go on, add some drama to the process, you dope. You crave it.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 3, 2015

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
I don't see how the Kenseth Logano incident is any different than Gordon Bowyer. Gordon got a flat as a result of "hard racing" which Gordon believed to be intentional and subsequently decided to dump Bowyer who was still in the Chase at the time in contention for the championship (albeit a few points from being eliminated).

Today it is the same tune but different song; this guy wrecked a championship contending driver and we are going to have none of it!

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Just because they got something wrong in the past doesn't mean they're obligated to continue getting it wrong. He should be parked for the rest of the year.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

fuseshock posted:

I don't see how the Kenseth Logano incident is any different than Gordon Bowyer. Gordon got a flat as a result of "hard racing" which Gordon believed to be intentional and subsequently decided to dump Bowyer who was still in the Chase at the time in contention for the championship (albeit a few points from being eliminated).

Today it is the same tune but different song; this guy wrecked a championship contending driver and we are going to have none of it!

Several differences

-It was in the same race, and within a few laps as he got back to him, basically immediate. I'm fine with that, and we've cheered that one before when someone hits back following being taken out right after/in the same race.
-He didn't drive/ride him into the wall, or at least, wasn't aiming to, but the 20 was there and he got wedged.
-He owned it, and didn't play all coy about it.

That was deserving of a fine and probation (not suspension since he did everything else right, and his unrepentant shithead days are long in the past), only because he wrapped someone else up in it, that is the only part of that one I myself have a problem with. That's the only difference that makes that one worse, everything else is far more appropriate for a repayment. I don't think anyone here minds payback, but you either have to do it in the same race right then and there, or do it under same circumstances of racing for position later on.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
take his franchise away

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The longer we wait on this decision, the more I think Kenseth is going to be parked

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Start automatically deducting child support payments out of Kenseth's winnings.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Joey is still pretty young but he's hardly a child.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

:siren: MATT KENSETH IS OUT :siren:

....of the office, and will return shortly.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
take away his hall pass

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Daniel Hemric will supposedly drive the No. 19 for Brad Keselowski Racing next season. Tyler Reddick will move to the No. 29, and a third truck will be split between other drivers.

NTS has underachieved their whole tenure in the Truck Series, so Hemric with a team like BKR could be game over for the championship.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Boomer The Cannon posted:

:siren: MATT KENSETH IS OUT :siren:

....of the office, and will return shortly.

At least, that's what he told his kid

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

We've moved to NASCAR DEFCON 2, with an announcement imminent. Who's ready for an announcement of double secret probation?

:siren: This is an appropriate DEFCON, because he gets two races. :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhkNLHictW8

e- Dale Jarrett is suggesting Danica may be getting something, too.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Nov 4, 2015

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

e- Dale Jarrett is suggesting Danica may be getting something, too.

Probably driving lessons.

I can see Kenseth getting a suspension, but I think probation is more likely. It would not surprise me at all if the terms of the probation are along the lines of "If you get anywhere near Joey and wreck him we'll sit you out of Daytona and you won't be eligible for the Chase."

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
2 races. Meh.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Shits goin down

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Gonna be more empty seats than usual at Texas and Phoenix.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Frankly I'm surprised they did anything.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Kinda harsh really still Kenseth can go suck all the dick

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
2 races is about right, they had to send a strong message; sponsors aren't going to be happy losing their driver for two weeks. But that brings him back in time for Homestead. If he's dumb enough to pull anything there then NASCAR will have to hit him the nuclear option.

I'm surprised there wasn't a fine included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

To no one's surprise NASCAR is still consistently inconsistent.

• Locked thread