Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
One of my posts disappeared for like 15 seconds. After derek stole our jpegs, is lowtax stealing our posts? Is that what's happening in here???

reminder: https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/661181798152474624

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

JazzPaws posted:

I currently do not own a cat...but I have this as a placeholder...

Looks like you put a cloth filter on my cat

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Ash1138 posted:

So I've never actually watched any of the 10,000 video things they've done, but are scripted things like this common? I mean even a stupid high school video skit ends up being something like an hour of work for 1 minute of footage so if they do this crap all the time, how do they even get any work done?

That is the actual issue. I spend whole days on set just to make a 3 minute short film, or a whole day to make a music video. Given the hundreds of RSI emails piled up in my mailbox you can tell they spend most of the day creating marketing material instead of a game. There's a lot of work needed to keep a scam running on this scale.

Das Gray
Jun 26, 2015

Wishes life was in Everquest classic graphics.
Lipstick Apathy
Nobody's judging any of you who go home a little early to let this day sink in. I know I'm about to head home and hug my wife body pillow to get a little perspective.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Truga posted:

One of my posts disappeared for like 15 seconds. After derek stole our jpegs, is lowtax stealing our posts? Is that what's happening in here???

reminder: https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/661181798152474624

Goons deciding to shitpost en masse at Derek Smart while Lowtax loses poo poo in the Cloud. What a lovely night.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

1500 posted:

Is this better?

Perfect. Now, we can make the next stretch goals to lose the fur and add the feathers. After that, maybe a goal to add the beak.

We'll get to a finalized bird.jpg eventually. Or, we'll end up with a horrible mismatched abomination. Either way, it will be wholesome open development.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Don't D D Don't Don't D D Don't
Don't believe the hype

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.

Mirificus posted:

I don't understand why he has a compulsion to create an elaborate web of thinly veiled accounts everywhere.

I don't understand why they always have to be German

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

Ha, it is him, bloke has no clue how predictable he is. Failed again Karl, make another account, also make a new SA one and try to fit in for a couple of weeks.

"A company is at steak!"

The man can't help himself, he's worse at this than Seraph. This is getting sad, not funny. :smith:

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Guys, I have to admit, I'm worried. It's looking more and more like reddit was right this whole time. I mean, I still have the receipt Derek gave me for my LTI ships, but the phone number on it seems to be an anal phone sex line.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

8 Ball posted:

I don't understand why they always have to be German

German accountants have the most exciting sex.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Furious Mittens posted:

He's a smug piece of poo poo, in my opinion. He sees nothing wrong with this project, refuses to listen to reason, and likely loves his weight because "there's so much to love".

He is the perfect personification of this project.
After seeing that pic of him from 2012 it seems pretty clear that he's trying to eat away the guilt of professionally lying to mentally ill whales.

He thought he'd found his dream job working for his idol but then ended up having to lie on camera weekly to keep the jpeg money rolling in while realizing his childhood hero is a pudgy coked up Molyneux.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Ash1138 posted:

So I've never actually watched any of the 10,000 video things they've done, but are scripted things like this common? I mean even a stupid high school video skit ends up being something like an hour of work for 1 minute of footage so if they do this crap all the time, how do they even get any work done?
The scripted stuff seems to have tapered off-- with the exception of the Empire Report. I think even Sandi figured out she was embarrassing herself with those short little scripted bits, so she decided to focus on higher quality, non Sci-Fi related material like this.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

El Grillo posted:

Post dem lyrics, boy. Make it easy for us.

G0RF posted:

Did you post lyrics? Hook us up!

CrazyLoon posted:

You can just listen to it by ear and sing along into the mic, while getting the music from his guide.mp3 via headphones. It's how I did it for my take. Although I will admit, I used to sing in a choir and as backvocals so...maybe it would be easier for others.

Here you go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5jnwm967wxm643v/Lyrics.txt?dl=0

Note: I have changed some of the third verse lyrics.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Karl doesn't seem to like the that your existence threatens to collapse their worldview Bootcha.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Valatar posted:

Guys, I have to admit, I'm worried. It's looking more and more like reddit was right this whole time. I mean, I still have the receipt Derek gave me for my LTI ships, but the phone number on it seems to be an anal phone sex line.

I'd say chargeback, but that poo poo happened 2 months ago and paypal only does chargebacks for 45 days.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Well, not posting the blog on time wasn't very...

SMART

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

CrazyLoon posted:

Goons deciding to shitpost en masse at Derek Smart while Lowtax loses poo poo in the Cloud. What a lovely night.

has anybody said cloud citizen

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Is Nutella chocolate or nuts?

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
Any day now Mr Smart oh god

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

Oh it's nuts alright

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Ash1138 posted:

how do they even get any work done?

Preparing the next sale doesn't take that long man, you just need the artwork to come back and then type a few paragraphs up, search/replace on potato, job done, relax with a coffee.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Truga posted:

Oh it's nuts alright

Oh, fuckin nuts, I don't even know anymore

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

Put them in your mouth to find out.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
is a hot dog a sandwich

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Somewhere, way out beyond the Moon and drifting ever further away, Derek Smart clawed at his throat as the last of the oxygen in the cold, blank metal capsule was replaced by carbon dioxide, and his body began the 60-second hypoxic process of shutting down for good.

94 million dollars... Enough to smuggle one adult human male onto a Long March rocket launch from Jiuquan Military Launch Center. Finally he knew the truth. But too late.

Too late.

El Grillo fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Nov 4, 2015

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Devian666 posted:

Put them in your mouth to find out.

Just did and it's nuts, in mouths, nuts.
I mean, come the gently caress on now

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Sound the Smart alarm!

:gary: PAAAAARRRP

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

dr. smart eat the blogs

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Bootcha posted:

Here you go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5jnwm967wxm643v/Lyrics.txt?dl=0

Note: I have changed some of the third verse lyrics.

Awesome!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

:rip:

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

if he doesn't post the blog I for one will become the next Karl in this thread

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

palm oil

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I am so glad I didn't get a refund right now

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Who wants to take it a level deeper and be the Derek Smart to Chris Roberts's Derek Smart?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Mirificus posted:

I don't understand why he has a compulsion to create an elaborate web of thinly veiled accounts everywhere.

He's protecting his "investment", you can't have people going around laughing at Star Citizen, he might not sleep and start to question why he spent over $5,000 on it. Better to adopt some elaborate disguises and gently sway the public mood with an auditors deft touch here and there.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Mirificus posted:

Karl doesn't seem to like the that your existence threatens to collapse their worldview Bootcha.

They can believe what they want at this point.

In the end, every nerd wants to be right. I wanted to be right about nothing being wrong and Smart being full of horseshit. I wanted to be right about SC being a big success and making me a good chunk of change in the process.

But when you step away from the sepia fuzzy glasses, and ask questions that should have an expected answer (but don't), that's when that sucking sound starts to be audible.

And that's why I can say I was wrong, and I'm doing something to correct it.

Das Gray
Jun 26, 2015

Wishes life was in Everquest classic graphics.
Lipstick Apathy
I dug through that God forsaken thread and stranger things have happened than what this dude says here about the possible Smart - Croberts settlement: You need a Platinum Upgrade to view this link. Hence the :destiny: he's on about the blog specifically there.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

MrDorf posted:

It should be a mix of Game Dev Studio and Plague, Inc. You've got to make a game successfully from pitch to delivery before former game devs in various countries write negative blogs that prevent you from profiting in those region.

Also gently caress Madagascar.

Nah, doing a basic space shooter/bomber thing since the theme is Action. Since it's all for fun and nothing's getting published, I figured I'd pay homage for all the fun I've had in the last few weeks reading this thread..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Bootcha posted:

They can believe what they want at this point.

:agreed:

vote traficant

• Locked thread