Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Here's a true story for you all.
I went to an appointment today because I am finding it hard to concentrate on stuff and the doc wants me to get checked out.
I got the wrong day it isn't until Thursday :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzPaws
Aug 10, 2014

- Ponzi Scheme Survivor -

peter gabriel posted:

Looks like you put a cloth filter on my cat

Tuxedo cat's totally own, always dressed for a dinner party.

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf

peter gabriel posted:

Here's a true story for you all.
I went to an appointment today because I am finding it hard to concentrate on stuff and the doc wants me to get checked out.
I got the wrong day it isn't until Thursday :v:

Submit it to Readers Digest and give hundreds of retired accountants and middle school teachers a sensible chuckle. Maybe you'll also get :10bux:.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

JazzPaws posted:

Tuxedo cat's totally own, always dressed for a dinner party.

The James Bond of the animal kingdom, 24 / 7 on it

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Othin posted:

Submit it to Readers Digest and give hundreds of retired accountants and middle school teachers a sensible chuckle. Maybe you'll also get :10bux:.

I'll post my top tips for re using tea bags and 10 ways to poo poo your pants without anyone noticing in the cinema as well

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Bootcha posted:

They can believe what they want at this point.

In the end, every nerd wants to be right. I wanted to be right about nothing being wrong and Smart being full of horseshit. I wanted to be right about SC being a big success and making me a good chunk of change in the process.

But when you step away from the sepia fuzzy glasses, and ask questions that should have an expected answer (but don't), that's when that sucking sound starts to be audible.

And that's why I can say I was wrong, and I'm doing something to correct it.
I'm glad you were able to take such a frank look at things once evidence started piling up instead of digging yourself deeper and deeper into the hole. The more invested you are, financially, emotionally and otherwise, the harder that can be.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

hahaha his eyes tells me he wants out ASAP. does he still work there?

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
So what exactly does Bootcha get by pretending to be an investor for 3 years? That's the most pathetic loving thing someone could do (though the SC true believers are pathetic enough to do it) and says more about the person who does it than the people who believe it.

What's the end game? 'lol, totally pranked you!' 'You wasted 3 years of your life on this and Star Citizen is still a pile of poo poo.' There has to be a scam or a turn-around, like in Eve. Pretending to be an investor does nothing and you look doubly retarded when the project inevitably burns to the ground.

These people have the worst critical thinking skills, but what do you expect from people who buy jpegs?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
haha I know we all find Derek Smart entertaining as hell but did you people really give him thousands and thousands of dollars worth of ships?

Check and mate, Derek Smart's revenge on SomethingAwful is complete. Revenge is a dish, best served cold!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dapper Dan posted:

So what exactly does Bootcha get by pretending to be an investor for 3 years? That's the most pathetic loving thing someone could do (though the SC true believers are pathetic enough to do it) and says more about the person who does it than the people who believe it.

What's the end game? 'lol, totally pranked you!' 'You wasted 3 years of your life on this and Star Citizen is still a pile of poo poo.' There has to be a scam or a turn-around, like in Eve. Pretending to be an investor does nothing and you look doubly retarded when the project inevitably burns to the ground.

These people have the worst critical thinking skills, but what do you expect from people who buy jpegs?

I dunno, I mean Star Citizen has pretended to be a game for 3 years so anything is possible

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Blazing Ownager posted:

haha I know we all find Derek Smart entertaining as hell but did you people really give him thousands and thousands of dollars worth of ships?

Check and mate, Derek Smart's revenge on SomethingAwful is complete. Revenge is a dish, best served cold!

It's an investment.

Das Gray
Jun 26, 2015

Wishes life was in Everquest classic graphics.
Lipstick Apathy

Blazing Ownager posted:

He needed some ships to keep up with the need to review. Meh I've spent money on worse. You need a Platinum Upgrade to view this link. Nowhere near the top of that list though so I will sit in comfort with #27.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Dapper Dan posted:

hey man were the dumb ones here for not backing Star Citipaaaarrp

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Blazing Ownager posted:

i gave d.smart $2,500 worth of jpeg ships

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Blazing Ownager posted:

We thought he was different now...we were wrong. Im calling my lawyers atm to see what I can do.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Blazing Ownager posted:

The Plan will work, we just need to have faith.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
you better have a good space lawyer because mine is taking you to space court d.smart.

see you in the verse

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Blazing Ownager posted:

Would reddit lie to you?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

G0RF posted:

The scripted stuff seems to have tapered off-- with the exception of the Empire Report. I think even Sandi figured out she was embarrassing herself with those short little scripted bits, so she decided to focus on higher quality, non Sci-Fi related material like this.
This is awful. I'm going to watch some Mega64 skits so I remember what real acting is like.

AP posted:

Preparing the next sale doesn't take that long man, you just need the artwork to come back and then type a few paragraphs up, search/replace on potato, job done, relax with a coffee.
Right, I keep forgetting that CIG exists in a magical world where deliverables don't exist.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Mirificus posted:

Karl doesn't seem to like the that your existence threatens to collapse their worldview Bootcha.

Is this... really... one guy having a conversation with himself and using alts to vote it for visibility?

I'm getting that sad feeling like when you realize CWC wasn't trolling.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Oh my

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
no star citizen
no jpegs
no blog
no lawsuit

no life

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Why have you forsaken us derek??????

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Kakarot posted:

We thought he was different now...we were wrong

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Dongattack posted:

no star citizen
no jpegs
no blog
no lawsuit

no life

Someone put the suicide prevention thing back into op

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf
I better get my gorram JAVELIN and every fracking one of my TALI'S back or Mr. Dr. Derek Smart won't want to see me in the 'VERSE if you know what I mean.

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf

Othin posted:

I better get my gorram JAVELIN and every fracking one of my TALI'S back or Mr. Dr. Derek Smart won't want to see me in the 'VERSE if you know what I mean.

homicide

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jimb posted:

Is this... really... one guy having a conversation with himself and using alts to vote it for visibility?

I'm getting that sad feeling like when you realize CWC wasn't trolling.

This dude is loving nuts, good thing for DS that he's in Germany.

Or is he?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Seriously tho, Karl, you're a proud Star Citizen and noted nazi german. It is well established that there is only one proper way to be both of those two things without being (too much of a) tryhard loser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YamqppepDDg

I suggest you get to it. :colbert:

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 4, 2015

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Dapper Dan posted:

Karl's feeling insecure that there's someone who's seen his lord face to face, and has a better title than he does.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Imagine there's no Jpegs
It's easy if you try
Chris Roberts below us
Above us only Sky

You can see I'm a backer
And I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will PARP as one

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Bootcha posted:

They can believe what they want at this point.

That guy, and the rest of the redditors in the thread peeking in on you, singled you out for attention despite the fact that your investment is ultimately irrelevant. This fact never seemed to cross their minds when they decided to try to discredit you at best and have your money stolen from you at worst.

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015
Okay Peter,
I'm having my Reddit Legal CrewTM write up a demand letter. I know where you live, I know where your grandma lives in Boca. That's her in the wheelchair!

If I don't receive my cats or my money back, I'm going to go to the feds. Those cats are on the books of my brother in law's animal shelter as "fostered." If I don't at least get the adoption fees back, I'm ruined! And, the kitties went across state lines, that's FEDERAL! YOU'RE the Ringleader! I'm not going down for this, catFUCKER!

Oh, and Derek? My legal team tells me that we have an open and shut case for nailing your rear end with tortoise interference! Help m get me the cats back, or you're done.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Blazing Ownager posted:

It was actually just thousands and thousands of dollars of jpeg ships.

I kept the pngs in reserve so no big loss.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I'm pretty hungry.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

Imagine there's no Jpegs
It's easy if you try
Chris Roberts below us
Above us only Sky

You can see I'm a backer
And I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will PARP as one

I got all the way to the last line in his voice and then I just can't actually imagine it

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I just got off the phone with Derek and legal is working overtime to get the post cleared before midnight. I quote "you guys are gonna love it, it's totally worth the wait, it will give Roberts a heart attack" end quote.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I'm pretty hungry.

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

If reddit will buy matilda's bullshit they'll certainly keep buying the nonsense posted in this thread.

Some goons too, apparently.

• Locked thread