Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
which reminds me: clowns. at some point they were funny, when did they stop being funny and become creepy? did they change? did we? what happened. when did it happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

When I was a kid I used to hang out at my uncle's house a lot. The only two items of food I EVER saw in that house were hot dogs and circus peanuts. He ate those spongy fuckers by the dozen.

He's dead now, coincidence?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
by the dozen is the only way to eat them, just eating one circus peanut is almost a contradiction in terms

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

"mm yes i'm just going to pop this package of circus peanuts open and have one. mm. i like how they melt in your mouth. well that's enough for now. there's always tomorrow!"

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

which reminds me: clowns. at some point they were funny, when did they stop being funny and become creepy? did they change? did we? what happened. when did it happen

Trick question; clowns were always creepy, people just didnt realize it yet. Go look up vintage clown pictures, they were actually more creepy before we tried to MAKE them creepy.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

nomadologique posted:

"mm yes i'm just going to pop this package of circus peanuts open and have one. mm. i like how they melt in your mouth. well that's enough for now. there's always tomorrow!"

this is exactly how old people eat candy

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

jokes on them, at some point tomorrow exhausts itself

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I have been wracking my brain and Googling for terrible candy, and I still can't come up with anything even as close to as bad as circus peanuts. I think they are a singularity of terrible.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i think you should give them another "shot" captain!

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Pick posted:

would rather circus peanus than finn candy

The worst candy would be Finnish candy and circus peanuts combined

Salty banana licorice foam

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

the main thing is probably the banana flavor, a lot of ppl really dislike artificial banana flavor while i go hog wild for it

pick out all those banana runts and give them to me

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

hey <:mad:>

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

you are a banana runt

there i said it

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I have been wracking my brain and Googling for terrible candy, and I still can't come up with anything even as close to as bad as circus peanuts. I think they are a singularity of terrible.

tamarind candy is hosed up

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

nomadologique posted:

the main thing is probably the banana flavor, a lot of ppl really dislike artificial banana flavor while i go hog wild for it

pick out all those banana runts and give them to me

I love that flavor but goddamn the texture and smell and flavor of circus penuts is hell

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I might be more on my own with this, but I don't understand how people eat these goddamn things:

Maraschino cherries in general are vomit-worthy, but slapping cheap chocolate and some sugary spooge into the mix just makes it all worse.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I might be more on my own with this, but I don't understand how people eat these goddamn things:

Maraschino cherries in general are vomit-worthy, but slapping cheap chocolate and some sugary spooge into the mix just makes it all worse.

Oh yeah, I'd actually prefer the circus peanut to these.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

CaptainSarcastic posted:

i hate these.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Bismuth posted:

I love that flavor but goddamn the texture and smell and flavor of circus penuts is hell

okay my hypothesis about the banana flavor is wrong.

i don't know why i like circus peanuts. they have always seemed like, perhaps the perfect candy to me. they send me into raptures.

i almost never eat them. no interest in searching them out. but whenever they fall into my hands i am in heaven.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

those cherry imperials or whatever they are are good af sorry about your unsophisticated pallets

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

chocolate cherry and vanilla gently caress yea that's a bangin threesome

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

the balls of a clown

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Blue Train posted:

those cherry imperials or whatever they are are good af sorry about your unsophisticated pallets

How closely related are your parents?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

CaptainSarcastic posted:

How closely related are your parents?

I am a darfur war orphan

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

CaptainSarcastic posted:

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I'm a fan of most unpopular candy.

Circus peanuts are okay, but I'd never actually seek them out. I love candy corn and those chalky conversation hearts and cadbury cream eggs though.

Black licorice can get hosed.

Thanks for reading.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Raisinets are the worst candy. Let's ruin some chocolate by putting it around a raisin!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

hargle bargle

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

nomadologique posted:

banana runts

:yum:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

counterfeitsaint posted:

Black licorice can get hosed.

ouzo is good

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

Secks Cauldron posted:

Raisinets are the worst candy.

i didn't think it was possible for a person to be this wrong but welp here we are

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

these are top tier banana candy:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Pick posted:

hargle bargle

er is that affirmative?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

loving these. Where do grandmas even find this poo poo for sale?
I have gone looking and come up empty after five different retail stores to show my brothers what torture these were.
Grannies ain't going online. is it really just that old?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Philthy fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Nov 4, 2015

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
Talking about meh old candy, I recently noticed that these things still exist.

And they've still got ugly bucktoothed kids on the box.

Sure that middle girl looks like a terrible Chinese stereotype but since she's surrounded by other kids with dental problems it doesn't seem quite as bad. Hell, the black(?) kid doesn't even have teeth. Clearly a cautionary tale against overindulgence in sugary treats.

momerath
Nov 15, 2014
i grew up with limited access to candy so i would always get all this leftover garbage candy.

i love every one of them even the chocolate cum bombs.

but sugar packing peanuts deserve national shame. tastes like something batman would pull out of his utility belt to use as an instant cement

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

kindermord posted:

i didn't think it was possible for a person to be this wrong but welp here we are
Nope. Raisins ruin everything. :colbert:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

It's totally supposed to be banana. They own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

nomadologique posted:

okay my hypothesis about the banana flavor is wrong.

i don't know why i like circus peanuts. they have always seemed like, perhaps the perfect candy to me. they send me into raptures.

i almost never eat them. no interest in searching them out. but whenever they fall into my hands i am in heaven.

my dad really liked circus peanuts and i guess he passed his like for terrible candy on to me because i think theyre kinda good. havent had any in like 10 years and now i kinda want something styrofoamy and vaguely banana.

• Locked thread