Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

Hell Gem

EminusSleepus posted:

looks like Gestapo/SS Karl is at it again lol

Yeah, that sure looked like an accident to me.

Reddit. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

EminusSleepus posted:

looks like Gestapo/SS Karl is at it again lol

LOL!! I think he stayed up late waiting for the blog. He's such a tool. Now I've changed the password :)

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Sappo569 posted:

The blog is just a re-hash of everything we've already known via this thread

:flaccid:

Yeah pretty much, still it's a good effort post of all of it together and it's not really aimed at people following this thread. It's the reaction to it that should be interesting to watch, I expect the Karls aren't going to pleased.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

So derek are you gonna sue CIG?
Because in your blog your saying

"D_Smart" posted:

As we are now in the Nov deadline for the TOS conditions, this is my final request to you Chris:

Request doesnt sound like lawsuit to me. I was promised a law suit. When are you going to sue CIG?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Wonder if the gaming media is going to be able to resist the mafia stuff, it makes a good story.

AP fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Nov 4, 2015

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Dark Off posted:

So derek are you gonna sue CIG?
Because in your blog your saying

Request doesnt sound like lawsuit to me. I was promised a law suit. When are you going to sue CIG?

The TOS deadline ends on Nov 30th. That's why.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 days!)

I'm waiting to see those burning jpegs.

That's going to be so cool. I've never seen computer code torched on the information superhighway by kids living on the cutting edge.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

AP posted:

Yeah pretty much, still it's a good effort post of all of it together and it's not really aimed at people following this thread. It's the reaction to it that should be interesting to watch, I expect the Karls aren't going to pleased.

Yes although it was a good read it is just like arena commander to us... Nothing new

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Now I want to see a Sopranos episode with Paulie misselling jpegs.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

D_Smart posted:

The TOS deadline ends on Nov 30th. That's why.

Alright i was just making sure. Demand would have been much stricter wording for that.
Also will the legal process start at 30th?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 days!)

Say that's a nice jpeg you got there Mister. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

Hey Paulie, plug in a USB and upload matchstick.gif to c:\ will ya? I just wants to demonstrates somethings.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

AP posted:

Yep good for people who didn't read hundreds of pages on something awful.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Lots of cats but no blog?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

I've said before they really don't like daily funding falling below 20k a day, they'll be considering a free flight week or something this Friday to boost the figures. Bit tricky for them, if they don't do anything daily totals could fall below 20k next week, can't give really give advance notice of a ship sale as I think November sale starts on 19th.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The blogs are basically just the SC Thread Digest for people who can't be bothered to dig through hundreds of pages of :gary:

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene

AP posted:

Wonder if the gaming media is going to be able to resist the mafia stuff, it makes a good story.

It doesn't look like there is a story. My understanding of it is that an apparently legitimate company (Warthog) which several CIG execs worked at was bought out by Gizmondo; the owners of Gizmondo were later sent to prison. There's no reason given to suppose that being an employee of Warthog made one privy to the Gizmondo bosses schemes and Derek's blog doesn't go so far as to suggest that. It's basically How Far Can I Go Without Defaming Anybody: The Blog.

Also, we weren't promised a mere recap blog. Don't try to manage our expectations!

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Dark Off posted:

Alright i was just making sure. Demand would have been much stricter wording for that.
Also will the legal process start at 30th?

Kind of useless. He is either wont tell you to protect the legal side or he wont tell you because he doesn't actually plan to. Let's go with the latter.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

So they're not really for our benefit besides watching other people react to them.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

D_Smart posted:

LOL!! I think he stayed up late waiting for the blog. He's such a tool. Now I've changed the password :)

Tell us the new one you scrub!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Mukip posted:

It doesn't look like there is a story. My understanding of it is that an apparently legitimate company (Warthog) which several CIG execs worked at was bought out by Gizmondo; the owners of Gizmondo were later sent to prison. There's no reason given to suppose that being an employee of Warthog made one privy to the Gizmondo bosses schemes and Derek's blog doesn't go so far as to suggest that. It's basically How Far Can I Go Without Defaming Anybody: The Blog.

Also, we weren't promised a mere recap blog. Don't try to manage our expectations!

Hey I'm sorry Star Citizen clearly isn't providing enough drama for you.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene

AP posted:

You're showing a very tolerant attitude towards failed game devs making big promises and failing to deliver.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Mukip posted:

You're showing a very tolerant attitude towards failed game devs making big promises and failing to deliver.

Well if you pm me what I should be writing, I'm sure you'll be much more entertaining than me.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Mukip posted:

People on both sides of the Star Citizen matter have been promised a lot of things. At this point its up to you to manage your own.
:gary: PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaRRRRRRRP PAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrp paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp

praaaap :yarg:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Mukip posted:

StarCitizen.txt

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Lots of cats but no blog?

I bet the name of that mutt is Karl

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

I'd buy this $9.99 Early Access Steam game.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Operating in an engine with this poo poo already working, and they still can't get wheeled vehicle physics anywhere near right, but please trust us with $100 million US dollars

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Every time I see buggy gifs I'm reminded of that 3D Mark 2001 truck demo game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2qoFiXxCck

In fact everything looks like a failed 3D Mark test run run on hardware that is glitching out enough that physics calcs are failing and things fall through.
I recall Cryengine games could be really interesting with it's physics...

JacksAngryBiome
Oct 23, 2014

Sappo569 posted:

The blog is just a re-hash of everything we've already known via this thread

:flaccid:

It's a great way to catch up on things for those of us who don't have time to scour all these poo poo posts for the rare diamond.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

They figured You need a Platinum Upgrade to view this link. already?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

JacksAngryBiome posted:

It's a great way to catch up on things for those of us who don't have time to scour all these poo poo posts for the rare diamond.

True I guess

I usually just skim the thread for new pictures, which indicate something funny happened

MeLKoR posted:

Holy poo poo those reddit types are way too smart for us... we gotta be SMARTER in the future

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

MeLKoR posted:

They are too drat clever for their own good.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly1ZRe-9xt0

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
If this game has any serious pretension to realism then it has to include humanity's oldest profession.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Mukip posted:

If this game has any serious pretension to realism then it has to include humanity's oldest profession.

:captainpop:

You have a caterpillar Mukip?

This guy has given this some serious thought, new variants cuming soon.

AP fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Nov 4, 2015

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

MeLKoR posted:

Foiled by those crafty Reddit detectives again!

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

AP posted:

This guy has given this some serious thought, new variants cuming soon.

:psyduck:

BOY I SURE HOPE I CAN HAVE A PARTY VARIANT OF MY FAVOURITE JPEG WITH DISCO BALLS AND RED LIGHTS FOR ALL THE CONSENTING ADULT SERVICES WHICH WILL BE TAKING PLACE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

You'd think with as much as these guys dump on jpegs they could afford a prostitute easily enough, or visit somewhere where it's legal.

• Locked thread