Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZeBourgeoisie
Aug 8, 2013

THUNDERDOME
LOSER
In.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

StealthArcher posted:

Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, CA

gently caress you I'mma do what I want.

I'm taking it as you're volunteering to judge? :P

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

crabrock posted:

I'm taking it as you're volunteering to judge? :P

Judging the utter destruction of my beloved hometown? gently caress yes, Judge Barry Plinkett is totes in.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

also all the other stories.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

crabrock posted:

also all the other stories.

Read irc you queefalot.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

Fort Bragg, California

Coatzacoalcos, Mexico

Valencia, Spain

worlds_best_author
Aug 23, 2015
in

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Incidentally,

THIS HAPPENED TOO

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
SON OF A-... guess I'm In.

:allears: You are the best thing to have happened around here.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

worlds_best_author posted:

Jerk detected! This user is on your ignore list, click to view post anyway

crabrock posted:

I am adding you to my ignore list. If you enter a round that I am judging, I will ignore your entry.

crabrock fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 3, 2015

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

Bartin, Turkey

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica
IN If only to fail and make the new people not feel bad.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Oh no! There goes Tokyo *INsert city here*! Go, go, Godzilla! *insert monster here*!

Fumblemouse
Mar 21, 2013

STANDARD
DEVIANT
Grimey Drawer

Not enough drunken slurring to be a truly accurate rendition, but it's nice you could "make it your own" as the reality karaoke shows say.

Also: In.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Signing up, sir.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
yeah alright in

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I would also like a Kaiju-flashrule if you are giving them out. You can pick the monster or any of its traits. IDC.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

In

Profane Accessory
Feb 23, 2012

IN.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Ironic Twist posted:

God-Over-Here Brawl

Your main character must find something, and then lose it again. Your main character must also dance at some point in the story.

Max 2000 words. Deadline: Saturday, Nov 7th, 2359 PST

Deadline moved to Tuesday, Nov 10th, 2359 PST.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
Pacific RIN

kurona_bright fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Nov 4, 2015

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

Reykjavik, Iceland

Agra, India

Ghandruk, Nepal

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

Signing up, sir.

Detroit, Michigan

:siren: flash rule - your story must be NeonPunk. I don't think that's a thing, but plz make it one.

Sitting Here posted:

yeah alright in

Valletta, Malta

Leiden, Netherlands

Bukavu, Democratic Republic of the Congo

Sealand

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

StealthArcher posted:

Judging the utter destruction of my beloved hometown? gently caress yes, Judge Barry Plinkett is totes in.

do voice crits

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

do crit voices

in

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

sebmojo posted:

do voice crits

Well yeah, I mean, I've done one TD round and I'm now a judge. You bet I'm in for comedic stylings as a crutch.

I mean, I'll do crits like everybody else, but vocal ones is totally how its going down.

Fumblemouse posted:

Not enough drunken slurring to be a truly accurate rendition, but it's nice you could "make it your own" as the reality karaoke shows say.

Barry is not Harry.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Fumblemouse posted:

fucki8n fight me you monstrous nonce, 600 words, five days who will judge

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

sebmojo posted:

:siren: MOJOMOUSE BRAWL :siren:

You're both good writers, so this what you get for your prompt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D6Os-uzR60

Make me something out of that. Doesn't need to be a full story, but it's gotta be worth reading. 600 words, due in 5 days exactly (plus fifteen minutes for good measure), 4 AM Pacific Time, Nov 9th or for old man mojo 1 AM Kiwi Time, Nov 10th.

Lazy Beggar
Dec 9, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
In.

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica

quote:

Detroit, Michigan

:siren: flash rule - your story must be NeonPunk. I don't think that's a thing, but plz make it one.
Should you need inspiration I suggest Moonbeam City on comedy central.

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003
Kiwibrawl

Today is as Good a Day as Any, to Drown
500 words

There were no waves to speak of, but the rain gave the flood-water the dappled texture of reptile skin. It lapped at the front fence as Stan trudged towards the shed. His little brick house sat on the apex of a lone hill, standing proud like the long red nipples on Eleanor’s perfect breasts.

Previously it had afforded a panorama of town, but now all was grey water punctuated by the odd rooftop. He exhaled hard through pursed lips, blowing out his cheeks like a frog. He was in a pickle, and there was no use denying it further. He slammed the door shut behind him, bringing a deluge of rotted chunks of door-frame.

Inside was nearly empty. Eleanor took everything while he was at work one day. She’d stowed it in another shed, one owned by some rear end in a top hat called Gerald. Gerald! Fucker even had a boat! The remnants were in a pile in the corner. He guessed they stunk of mildew, but all smells were stifled by the chill breeze off the flood-water.

He dug out a blow up paddling pool, half of a kayak paddle, and a pair of floaties from Amelia’s swimming lessons. Eleanor had stopped taking her when the tantrums had got too bad. He smiled with the barest corner of his mouth; guess she regretted that now.

There was a box too, well sealed with masking tape. He peeled it off into a ball the size of an orange, which stuck to one hand then the other until he shook it off with an inelegant flapping motion.

Inside were a stack of department-store catalogues from when Eleanor modelled part-time. he flicked through the damp pages, and found one where she wore a sensible underwear set. He ripped it out and folded it into a little paper hat, which he balanced in his thinning hair. Eleanor’s face looked out from the middle like a skull and crossbones, with the leering smile of someone who knows exactly what they want.

When he dragged his gear outside he could hear the distant buzz of an outboard. Squinting, and could just make out the white hull of Gerald’s stupid boat plowing through the water, carving wide parabolas around jutting chimneys and weathervanes. Eleanor leaned out from the bow, her hand raised to shield her eyes; a histrionic gesture under the black sky.

poo poo. There wasn’t much time to get away from them. With one hand holding the hat to his head he threw the paddling pool into the deepening flood. He stepped in and it floated, for now. He pushed off with the paddle then thrashed at the water, throwing up spray and moving the makeshift vessel in a sad little circle.

he heard her call his name. He stood up, fell, and stood again, floundering on thin PVC. As the speedboat neared he raised the paddle to the clouds, shook his fist and screamed.

He was Stan, pirate-king of the flood, and they would never take him alive.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0N4twV28Mw

In

Fumblemouse
Mar 21, 2013

STANDARD
DEVIANT
Grimey Drawer

sebmojo posted:

Tsk, tsk. You used to be a tall-walking thread sheriff, and now you're drowning in your own crapflood of shitposts.

Time somebody cleaned up your mess, which makes me your worst nightmare - a mouse with a mop.

(Also the mop is made of gigantic eels and I don't have proper fingers)

Brawling in:toxx:icated

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
in. ty in advance for a cool and unique city :)

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

spectres of autism posted:

in. ty in advance for a cool and unique city :)

Bern, Switzerland

Good luck with a city surrounded by mountains.

Dowhatthefuckiwant.txt

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Alexandria, Egypt

Once the home of the world's greatest store of knowledge, now the home of your story's boot. On it's face.

Pompeii, Roman Empire Circa 79 CE

Vesuvius blows, Lava isn't what came out.

Djeser posted:

do crit voices

in

San Antionio, TX

A riverwalk, two Air Force bases, an Army fort, and a city of Don't Mess with Gun Toter Texans.

Parkour Lewis
Apr 10, 2002

Yes I wanna play.
I really really do.
In, I suppose.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Parkour Lewis posted:

In, I suppose.

Guadalajara, MX

Information industry, cathedrals, a meeting of religion and technology. Also second only to that pesky 'Uncreatively Named City' in people to bring to bear.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
In.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

Doha, Qatar