Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

LCL-Dead posted:

Blog blocked at work. :(

Do you work at CIG ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Hammerstein posted:

Derek please PM me the new password. I need to read this as much as Lesnick needs a gastric bypass

Deki posted:

I am not a good goon, but I'm worse at being a redditor, so can I have the link as well?

Derek's just posted the password on the secret forum.

Karl_Ramseier
Aug 21, 2015

I don't have to work very hard at being an asshole. It comes naturally.

No practice needed.

Since Goons ruin everything, I'm pretending to be a Goon for Halloween!

D_Smart posted:

LOL!! I think he stayed up late waiting for the blog. He's such a tool. Now I've changed the password :)

Nope, I slept very well. Your blog is boring.

You're going to sink back into insignificance, but I am sure you're used to it. Have a nice day.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

3 posted:

ahem

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

LCL-Dead posted:

need to find another work!

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Karl_Ramseier posted:

You're going to sink back into insignificance, but I am sure you're used to it. Have a nice day.

lol at this smug little autist.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 minutes!
Fan of Britches

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Hey Karl, do you share your SA account with your brother in law?

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Hammerstein posted:

Do you work at CIG ?

If anything it'd be the opposite; if Smart's blog is accessed by anyone in the company, it notifies Sandi and all incoming and outgoing traffic is monitored.

What better way to find the mole. :ninja:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

Karl_Ramseier posted:

You gonna meet him there?
After all, it's where you live.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Paladinus posted:

Derek's just posted the password on the secret forum.

I don't know why I didn't check there. I have no idea where he got the document scans showing where You need a Platinum Upgrade to view this, but it's really damning.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Derek Smart will live forever through his games.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

i think that image may be altered

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Pretty good, but could you add a little more jpeg to it? The value of my stockpile of jpegs fell drastically after Derek Smart released that bombshell, and I need to recoup my losses.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
lol at the blog. there still hasn't been any new juicy stuff since around citcon

can't wait to make the same jokes about redditors and shaved vaginas for a month

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 minutes!
Fan of Britches

Tarranon posted:

lol at the blog. there still hasn't been any new juicy stuff since around citcon

can't wait to make the same jokes about redditors and shaved vaginas for a month

Parrrp is still good though.

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

blog is up

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

SneakyFrog posted:

:gary:

Praise be.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

SneakyFrog posted:

that's the spirit

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

OhDearGodNo posted:

Foiled by those crafty Reddit detectives again!

That's him in the wheelchair with the backpack.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
There aren't going to be any bombshells here, just the slow paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarp of project death.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

JPEGs are currently in the Bull trap, but PNGs are heading out of the Bear trap, are starting to get media awareness - now is the time to invest in PNGs.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

That was the Star Citizen of blog posts. Relentlessly hyped, delivered late, derivative of previous works and failed to meet expectations. I guess in that sense it is a good, symbolic commentary on SC :shrug:

I give it two parps :gary: :gary:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lol that any of you thought the blog would have any news. Derek has consistently shared anything he's able to before he writes up those diatribes ever since he started posting here.

also: :gary: PAAAAAAAAARRRP

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Yeah, the blog is less for goons and more for general public. It's a tidy summation of the thread complete with funny photoshops added for a good measure.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Lodin posted:

Lol that any of you thought the blog would have any news. Derek has consistently shared anything he's able to before he writes up those diatribes ever since he started posting here.

also: :gary: PAAAAAAAAARRRP

Yes, this. It's not like they contained much info even before he showed up here, you had to dig through a lot of gumpf to find the occasional juicy nugget.

also also :gary: PAAAARRRRRPPPP

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
There's always more and it's always less.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Now we have to wait till November 30th for super fun legal recompense time to start? Bummer.

I did have fun showing my brother the Derek Smart OP for this thread though, he physically recoiled from the screen and it was hilarious.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

LCL-Dead posted:

It's live without a password.

Try this link: http://www.dereksmart.com/2015/11/interstellar-pirates/

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Yeah didn't read most of that word salad, but:

"As we are now in the Nov deadline for the TOS conditions, this is my final request to you Chris:
  • Provide the financials for this project by Nov 30th, 2015.
  • Promise to issue no-questions-asked refunds to anyone who requests it between now and final delivery of the product.
  • Provide a firm date of delivery for this game. Saying that it’s coming in 2016, is completely unacceptable.
The minute you comply with all of the above, you have my word (I am old school like that) that I will consider the matter closed forthwith. And I will thus excuse myself from this whole thing, leaving you to deal with the impending consequences of your mistakes, over-inflated ego, and arrogance."
loving :laffo: :irony:

Also you couldn't even give credit for the photoshops? Come on guy, you archive the entire internet when it pertains to you, so I know you have the information somewhere.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

OhDearGodNo posted:

Foiled by those crafty Reddit detectives again!

It's too easy to make fun of them now. Since the blog was going live anyway, the only reason that I didn't use the account spoiler tag is because it wasn't that big a deal and because I wasn't sure if all goons, regardless of account type, would be able to see it.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

See, all of you thinking Derek had run off with our spaceship donations- he's easily more reliable than Croberts. Just sit back and enjoy the ride, the grey market will never know what hit it.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

It's live without a password.

Try this link: http://www.dereksmart.com/2015/11/interstellar-pirates/

I'm on a government computer and your website is categorized as a "Games" website. No bueno.

I'll check it at home during my lunch break. Thanks for the attempt though.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

LCL-Dead posted:

It's just a recap of this thread and his twitter feed. There's nothing new in it.

BanjoFish
Nov 24, 2007
Hey Derek, serious question, who is your audience for these blogs? I assume you're getting more than just trackbacks from SA and Reddit?

ether
May 20, 2001

LCL-Dead posted:

I'm on a government computer and your website is categorized as a "Games" website. No bueno.

I'll check it at home during my lunch break. Thanks for the attempt though.

https://translate.google.com/transl...s%2F&edit-text=

Good ol' google translate (if there is any accidental zulu in the page tough cookies :-))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
am i too late to hop on the cat bandwagon

• Locked thread