Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Awesome. Now that it is clear that the reddiots cannot get past the plat blocker I can finally share You need a Platinum Upgrade to view this link.

Boy, I am looking forward to how dumb they will look once they find out. :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

Also, is 10:30 in the morning too early for a burrito?

Coincidentally I asked myself this question exactly at 10.30 this morning only regarding a Dürum kebap which is close enough to a burrito.

My stomach says to tell you no, it is not too early.

Das Gray
Jun 26, 2015

Wishes life was in Everquest classic graphics.
Lipstick Apathy

spacetoaster posted:

Hi there, new member here. I paid the money for platinum upgrade and still can't view the secret text.

I sent an email to support about it, but the reply from the SA mod team was a series of unspeakable photos that will keep me awake at night for the rest of my life.

Can anyone help me?

I struggled with this too, while it's still kind of fresh I figured I'd tip you off the truth is in the tattoos on some of "them."

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Thanks for the blog post Mr Smart, it was very informative and enlightening :) I had no idea that they just switched to x64 and scrapped two years of work, that was mind boggling. And that 8 of the 14 studios are in West Hollywood and Santa Monica, one of which is a branch of their Texas studio..?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Das Gray posted:

I struggled with this too, while it's still kind of fresh I figured I'd tip you off the truth is in the tattoos on some of "them."

Oh, that's photoshopped! Got it though.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The people have spoken. And as always, this group of complete strangers was right in every way. That was a drat fine burrito.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Beet Wagon posted:

The people have spoken. And as always, this group of complete strangers was right in every way. That was a drat fine burrito.

I don't care what they say about SC goons that frequent these threads, so long as this remains true they remain worth continuing!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Tarquinn posted:

Awesome. Now that it is clear that the reddiots cannot get past the plat blocker I can finally share You need a Platinum Upgrade to view this link.

Boy, I am looking forward to how dumb they will look once they find out. :dance:

:wow:

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

Hi there, new member here. I paid the money for platinum upgrade and still can't view the secret text.

I sent an email to support about it, but the reply from the SA mod team was a series of unspeakable photos that will keep me awake at night for the rest of my life.

Can anyone help me?

they keep forgetting to post in smartest room i see :D keep those emails in that sub forum so we can continue to laugh at em. Also can someone buy me a plat i want to see the updated goonrathi tactics manual for our code words :( i feel like im missing tons of jokes and operations here.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

D_Smart posted:

In the meantime, since my July blog posts, they seem to have continued issuing refunds. Though there are reports that some people have waited for up to four weeks to get their money back.

Report: I'm 6 weeks into waiting. In the meantime 4 different customer dudes asked me 4 times if I _REALLY_ wanted to get a refund and if I won't be so kind to state a reason. So I confirmed 4 times in the last 6 weeks that I _REALLY_ want a refund / my account closed, and no I don't want to state a reason or link to an article. The last message I got form them was ~2 weeks ago. Since then nothing.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
Who is this spacetoaster imposter?!?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Fan of Britches

SUCK IT DOWN

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
drat. Babbages and EB have been gone for how long now?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

SneakyFrog posted:

SUCK IT DOWN

Madcatz: Selling overpriced shittily made peripherals to nerds for decades

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Fan of Britches

dont sue me ion storm!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Shave it down.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

John Romero's gonna make you his PAAAAAAARP:yarg:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

John Romero's gonna show you his stick.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Haha..

..I'm still dry.

:gary:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Fan of Britches

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

John Romero's gonna make you his PAAAAAAARP:yarg:

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Please tell me the first one is using the new flight system because lol if they still haven't fixed the momentum issue. That LOD...

Also why is the dude sort of fainting in the second one?

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug
Crobbits is going to sell you a jpeg of a stick.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Also why is the dude sort of fainting in the second one?

No idea, could be the space plague maybe he didn't buy a hospital ship.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

CrazyLoon posted:

I don't care what they say about SC goons that frequent these threads, so long as this remains true they remain worth continuing!

If there's a world out there where people don't recommend burritos at all hours day or night, I hope I never see it.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
...wait, the virtual ships that people have been buying don't even exist in the sense you can use them in the game? I thought the JPEG thing was a joke!

How do people keep tossing their money away on this?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

the Orb of Zot posted:

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

She brakes on a dime!

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
Now, let's talk rust-proofing. These JPEGs'll rust up on ya' like that, er ... shut up, Ben. Close the deal ... close the deal!

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

the Orb of Zot posted:

...wait, the virtual ships that people have been buying don't even exist in the sense you can use them in the game? I thought the JPEG thing was a joke!

Good question. Also the Gizmondo stuff is hilarious / loving skeevy as hell. I don't know how the US government is not getting involved again after the first time with RICO charges.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I'm the painted number 5 that pops up like I'm from an N64 game with bad draw distance.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Sardonik posted:

I don't think enough has been said about how screwed up the refund situation is and how bad a sign it is that the refunds are coming from multiple entities now for a single refund transaction. Proper accounting does not work that way, there is no reason for doing poo poo like this unless you're going out of your way to conceal your financial position. I firmly believe CIG will crash hard, and they will crash next year.

I wonder if some people's pledges could be classified as deposits, might be able to get slightly more money in the inevitable chapter 7. :gary:

Vax posted:

Report: I'm 6 weeks into waiting. In the meantime 4 different customer dudes asked me 4 times if I _REALLY_ wanted to get a refund and if I won't be so kind to state a reason. So I confirmed 4 times in the last 6 weeks that I _REALLY_ want a refund / my account closed, and no I don't want to state a reason or link to an article. The last message I got form them was ~2 weeks ago. Since then nothing.

This right here. If anybody still thinks that CIG isn't broke, why is their refund process so hosed? This is the sort of thing you would expect from the final stages of a Ponzi scheme.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Very nice post Mr. Smart. There was some stuff in it that I missed, because this thread moves so fast. Like that fact that Wulf Knight has been banned from reddit for making threats: :lol: https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_trades/comments/2np2d4/blackmarket_javelin_destroyer_with_lifetime/cmfjsnx

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Xaerael posted:

I'm the painted number 5 that pops up like I'm from an N64 game with bad draw distance.

I'm the neckbrace the pilot needs to not literally die from whiplash accelerating back and forth like that

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Onkel Hedwig posted:

Very nice post Mr. Smart. There was some stuff in it that I missed, because this thread moves so fast. Like that fact that Wulf Knight has been banned from reddit for making threats: :lol: https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_trades/comments/2np2d4/blackmarket_javelin_destroyer_with_lifetime/cmfjsnx

Yeah, that was about a year ago. And they un-banned him. Obviously, since he's still there posting poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

drat. Babbages and EB have been gone for how long now?

And why is MadCatz still around?

• Locked thread