Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

As if the dude is self-sufficient and capable of living on his own.

Good point. I wonder when his parent (they've obviously divorced over this) that he's living with will drink them self into a coma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Bootcha posted:

I pledged

To keep the shitposting going.

I may never get a Derek's Smarties, but at least I'll have a Grimey Drawer.

One day my friend, I will bestow upon you a Derek's Smarties. I will wait until your VC adventure is settled a bit before I do, however.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Good point. I wonder when his parent (they've obviously divorced over this) that he's living with will drink them self into a coma.

best popsicle stick yet i think.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Am I the only NC resident who doesn't give two shits about NC vinegar?

I just don't like vinegar. Even pork bbq vinegar and I don't like sweet sauces either. Give me something with a bit of kick that's not too sweet and not vinegar and I'm happy.

If only I could remember the name of the place we stopped at in Memphis.

Anyway, you motherfuckers drummed up another 140+ posts while I was in a meeting. Anything good happen? Where are all of these new sidebar tags coming from?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

LCL-Dead posted:

I just don't like vinegar. Even pork bbq vinegar and I don't like sweet sauces either. Give me something with a bit of kick that's not too sweet and not vinegar and I'm happy.

Anyway, you motherfuckers drummed up another 140+ posts while I was in a meeting. Anything good happen? Where are all of these new sidebar tags coming from?

fools who donated $$ to lowtax server costs (blow habit)

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

wyoak posted:

and my point is that unless you're involved with the day to day operations at CIG how the hell do you know

like maybe an exec with more degrees would've generated 200 million by now?

I don't need to work at CIG to have an opinion on their marketing, I am a video game player in their target demographic, and the only time I ever hear anything about Star Citizen is reading about people talking about it on the internet since the begining, and that is understandable, why would you have a large marketing budget for a game that at this point doesn't exist, and won't for years. The game shouldn't have the same marketing budget as a game that is about to release though, and even if/when that time comes won't need a typical marketing budget because of how much press and word of mouth it has gotten from space ship fanboys.

My problem isn't that Sandi hasn't sold more games, but that she isn't qualified for the role of VP of Marketing, and only has the job because of who her husband is, and that really a game at this point in development shouldn't even need a marketing team.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

LCL-Dead posted:

There was this sauce called Backfire BBQ sauce that I bought in the Outer Banks. Had Ghost Peppers and some other poo poo in it, no vinegar, and it tasted loving awesome. Can't find it online though, but if you see it you should buy it.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

SirPhoebos posted:

I've mostly been lurking in this thread, so I'll let goons that have been involved with SC respond to your points. But one thing I'm curious about : as someone that still believes SC will be released, what do you think the game is going to be?

I'll answer this one from my perspective. I'd like to see a take on commercial aviation in a space genre. I'm an edge-case, as I come from the Flight Simulator world and what I like to do is commercial flight (transporting passengers from location to location). For awhile I was on VATSIM, but eventually lost interest as further developments post 2004 (when FSX launched) stopped. With the death of the ACES team at Microsoft, there's been a lack of development in the flight simulator market. DCS is still around doing their combat games, and I was slightly involved with that, but nothing new has come.

On the space sim side, we've had Elite: Dangerous, which took a fascinating route to release. Instead of trying to build complex, they went with polishing a simple flight model and releasing a basic simulator. It is a good example of a well designed product, though people quickly discovered that large world sims suffer from grind/lack of depth if they're released without enough interacting systems. They've been steadily adding bits, like the faction system, but their core gameplay (the verbs of their design) have not changed. That's why it still feels like a grind despite new features being added. They have not increased the gameplay depth yet. Once they do, I'll be looking into it again.

My favorite release was the AssPirates in Space spin-off, Rebel Galaxy. Though short, I finished it with the largest ship in around 10 hours, it is exactly the kind of snack-sized thing I like between big games. I'm hoping that SC, at a basic level, will be as delightful to play as Rebel Galaxy, but with the depth of a full sim like Flight Simulator so that I have something to spend my time getting to learn the nuances of a complex system.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Did we ever figure out who BettysBigTits was?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
should call it Star Citizen! to capture all the excitement

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

alarumklok posted:

That's him in the wheelchair

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf
North Carolina BBQ sucks. Texas BBQ is the best. Fight me IRL

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I'll eat all BBQ because it's all good

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hey I dont know if the whole "I had an account from 2007" thing is true but if you've been here for the past say 2 years you should know the whole serious posting thing is done for.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Did the blog get posted

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
My old cat took the best pictures

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

alarumklok posted:

were*

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Google Butt posted:

Did the blog get posted

If you want new cool info, no, otherwise yes.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer
What's my popsicle stick?

E: oh. :shrug:

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

There was this sauce called Backfire BBQ sauce that I bought in the Outer Banks. Had Ghost Peppers and some other poo poo in it, no vinegar, and it tasted loving awesome. Can't find it online though, but if you see it you should buy it.

Which part of the outer banks? That's a pretty big chain of islands..

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

North Carolina BBQ sucks. Texas BBQ is the best. Fight me IRL

I'll gently caress your mother in her wheelchair in real life.

SneakyFrog posted:

Eh, it wouldn't let me donate. Account is full, card is good but it just kept failing. I gave up hours ago.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

SneakyFrog posted:

I just initiated a charge-back.

Let's see if I get to keep the popsickle stick.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Daztek posted:

If you want new cool info, no, otherwise yes.

It's not new for us but then again Smart had been hinting and leaving breadcrumbs to follow over time that lead to most of that info we now already know

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

LCL-Dead posted:

Which part of the outer banks? That's a pretty big chain of islands..

It was either Duck or Corolla. I bought the sauce from one of those "trendy hotsauce and peanut" places, but it was legit good stuff.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Btw, the official popsicle peking order is...

1) Buglord
2) Nap Ghost
3) The Great Twist
4) Everything else in no particular order

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
In non-shitposting news, thanks all for the audio files so far.

I currently need some specific parts.

The HOTAS line.
Pretty much the entire 3rd stanza.
More :gary: PAAAAAAAAARP

For those that missed it:

The guideline track is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7sfrtqzzblfdgw/Guideline.mp3?dl=0
The Lyrics are here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5jnwm967wxm643v/Lyrics.txt?dl=0
The best background tempo music track is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhzc6s94YXw

D_Smart, if you would like to participate, I think you know what line I'd like you to do (Hint: After the third stanza).

Also, if someone knows illectro, please let him know as well.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Btw, the official popsicle peking order is...

1) Buglord
2) Nap Ghost
3) The Great Twist
4) Everything else in no particular order

Good lord nobody loving cares. Go away. This is a comedy forum and you are posting precisely 0 comedy.

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe
Wait, tell me more about the Popsiclesticks?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

My BBQ opinion depends on whether or not you smoke ribs or broil them.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Good Dumplings posted:

Good lord nobody loving cares. Go away. This is a comedy forum and you are posting precisely 0 comedy.

You aren't my Buglord, I don't have to listen to you

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

SirPhoebos posted:

My BBQ opinion depends on whether or not you smoke ribs or broil them.

Smoke = right
Broil = wrong
Boil = kill yourself

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Smoke = right
Broil = wrong
Boil = kill yourself

I like you.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
wait people boil meat when doing bbq

:stare:

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Bootcha what good food places would you recommend in and around Austin? I've been meaning to get around there since I moved down to TX

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

Bootcha posted:

In non-shitposting news, thanks all for the audio files so far.

I currently need some specific parts.

The HOTAS line.
Pretty much the entire 3rd stanza.
More :gary: PAAAAAAAAARP

For those that missed it:

The guideline track is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7sfrtqzzblfdgw/Guideline.mp3?dl=0
The Lyrics are here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5jnwm967wxm643v/Lyrics.txt?dl=0
The best background tempo music track is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhzc6s94YXw

D_Smart, if you would like to participate, I think you know what line I'd like you to do (Hint: After the third stanza).

Also, if someone knows illectro, please let him know as well.

Looking forward to this. Derek, do it.

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.

Vire posted:

Every time I see that picture I pray he took it himself by putting the camera on a timer on the stairs. The thought that someone was complicit in making that image is just too much.

Wow, thank you for adding a new dimension of terror to an already terrible image.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
It has been done.(gary and yarg)

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Eonwe posted:

wait people boil meat when doing bbq

:stare:

Some wrongheaded people boil ribs to make them more tender despite this causing the meat to lose all of its natural juice and flavor.

As a dude that smokes meat all the time this makes me unreasonably upset.

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010
I haven't been paying much attention to the Roberts/Smart going-ons prior to reading the past two week's worth of posts in this thread over the course of the week, but I recall ages ago refunds not being possible for original game package (ie not added on jpegs) pledges. Has this changed and there is some official channel for it, or do you just e-mail customer support and hope for the best?

I suppose it would be better to put that money towards E:D/Horizons as it is a good, existing game.

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro
After Derek confirmed to me today that Star Citizen was going to be a great success after all, I almost spent my $100 on space ships but changed my mind last minute and bought tender beef from allen brothers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Im_drunk posted:

After Derek confirmed to me today that Star Citizen was going to be a great success after all, I almost spent my $100 on space ships but changed my mind last minute and bought tender beef from allen brothers.

I like you for the beef but I love you for the grilled asparagus. Pro choice.

• Locked thread