Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

Some wrongheaded people boil ribs to make them more tender despite this causing the meat to lose all of its natural juice and flavor.

As a dude that smokes meat all the time this makes me unreasonably upset.

Hearing this makes me glad I don't eat red meat, because the idea of people boiling that stuff for a BBQ sounds just so hilariously wrong to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I can never get grilled asparagus to come out good. Am I supposed to blanch before grilling??? What about skinning the stalks???

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Some wrongheaded people boil ribs to make them more tender despite this causing the meat to lose all of its natural juice and flavor.

As a dude that smokes meat all the time this makes me unreasonably upset.

what the gently caress

this is more hosed up than anything chris roberts has ever done

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Im_drunk posted:

After Derek confirmed to me today that Star Citizen was going to be a great success after all, I almost spent my $100 on space ships but changed my mind last minute and bought tender beef from allen brothers.

god drat thats a good looking burg

also good looking asparagus

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Spaced God posted:

Bootcha what good food places would you recommend in and around Austin? I've been meaning to get around there since I moved down to TX

Franklin's is a pilgrimage.
Snow's can be hit or miss.
Schoeppe's is consistently good.
Stubbs is okay.
Black's is meh.
Stile's is surprisingly good.
County Line is good too.
Bert's has the biggest swing of good to meh.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Gorman Thomas posted:

I can never get grilled asparagus to come out good. Am I supposed to blanch before grilling??? What about skinning the stalks???

Blanching is always good but if you don't want to take the time to do it I won't ever fault you for it. Sometimes you've just got an hour to get poo poo done. That said, they're always better blanched.

You can do your asparagus in a balsamic vinaigrette and it'll be pretty good too. My dad likes to marinate his in Italian dressing but I find it too greasy, same for olive oil. You don't need to skin the stalks but I would definitely shorten them if necessary (depends on how hard they are). Cut off any white bits.

Some people will skin the stalks on just one side to shorten cook time and make sure they're all thoroughly tender.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

When I donate to things I tend to do it anonymously, so I'm not big on the whole 'hey dudes, this guy decided to spend money' thing. I hope the popsicle sticks bring you endless joy.

They're good for owning people with avatars off - because I have 'tars off and now the sum total of my SA jpg experience is popsicle sticks

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Eonwe posted:

wait people boil meat when doing bbq

:stare:
star citizen isn't the only terrible thing in this world bossguy

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

jaffyjaffy posted:

I haven't been paying much attention to the Roberts/Smart going-ons prior to reading the past two week's worth of posts in this thread over the course of the week, but I recall ages ago refunds not being possible for original game package (ie not added on jpegs) pledges. Has this changed and there is some official channel for it, or do you just e-mail customer support and hope for the best?

I suppose it would be better to put that money towards E:D/Horizons as it is a good, existing game.

Email support on the website ask for a refund, if you're in the EU ask them to please action it within 14 days for a laugh.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The title for this thread is bad and not on the level of previous SC thread titles.

:gary: :roflolmao: :yarg:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Bootcha posted:

Franklin's is a pilgrimage.
Snow's can be hit or miss.
Schoeppe's is consistently good.
Stubbs is okay.
Black's is meh.
Stile's is surprisingly good.
County Line is good too.
Bert's has the biggest swing of good to meh.

Franklins is good, but ain't nobody got time for that line.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Is there a reason why every time I click this thread people are asking for refunds instead of selling their .jpg to reddit spergs? I just cashed out the last of my pledge and made a tidy profit.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

mormonpartyboat posted:

should call it Star Citizen! to capture all the excitement

Jeb! and Star Citizen! do have a lot in common.

-Wasted a bunch of people's money
-both come from overrated legacies
-both are bad for minorities
-:gary: PAAAAAAAAARRRP

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Pendent posted:

Is there a reason why every time I click this thread people are asking for refunds instead of selling their .jpg to reddit spergs? I just cashed out the last of my pledge and made a tidy profit.

Prices and demand have crashed a lot, also paypal chargeback periods have been extended in certain places so if it all goes tits up that's a concern. It's also less effort just to send an email if you don't want to mess around on lovely reddit trying to avoid getting scammed.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

2DCAT posted:

Franklins is good, but ain't nobody got time for that line.

Yeah, it's why I say it's a pilgrimage. You have to set aside an hour or two to get it.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Pendent posted:

Because at this point, this would mean abusing the mentally ill and I think most people in this thread are above that.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Received my Travel Mug today. Not happy about the quality.

Well, good luck with your trouble-ticket. Should be about four weeks to respond, then 4-6 weeks to ship you a replacement which may or may not be better.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Nov 4, 2015

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Not checked out the trading section for a while, how would you like to get stuck with all these if CIG closes shop?

Lots of people trying and failing to sell full accounts.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Let's close this thread until something funny happens again.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

G0RF posted:

Well, good luck with your trouble-ticket. Should be about four weeks to respond, then 4-6 weeks to ship you a replacement which may or may not be better.

"They'd probably exchange it for you."

"No need for that, I just want to encourage them to make real awesome and high-quality merch! They will raise more money and we will be happier, win-win."

lol

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

He should have bought an official Elite-mug. I expected rubbish and a month waiting time, instead it looked pretty good and came in less then two weeks.

Heh. Two weeks. Weird coincidence. :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

G0RF posted:

THIS is why I'm a proud backer of this game. CS rocks! I hope our Concierge VIP cards will be of the highest quality by the time we get those. :)

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

G0RF posted:

Slap a video game logo on $5 disposable coffee mug, it becomes a $20 disposable coffee mug or in this case a $20 life lesson. Or:

quote:

Actually, the Squadron 42 logo is supposed to look rough.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Moola posted:

"They'd probably exchange it for you."

"No need for that, I just want to encourage them to make real awesome and high-quality merch! They will raise more money and we will be happier, win-win."

lol

It's very cute when people think manufacturers and distributors are interested in providing a quality product rather than the absolute bare minimum of what you're willing to accept.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
I backed StarCitizen because I wanted lovely chinese Coffee Mugs made from gutter oil and lead-aluminium.

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf
That looks like screenprinted garbage. They should've used pad printing instead. Shameful.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

AP posted:

Not checked out the trading section for a while, how would you like to get stuck with all these if CIG closes shop?

Lol at the Idris accounts going for <$3k or even <$2k, even with other ships. I guess the bubble finally did pop.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Google Butt posted:

Yea..

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland
we still posting cats?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I like that cat :3:

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

njark posted:

we still posting cats?

This cat is cute af imo.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Oh hey, Elite did a livestream.

Just showed the buggy deployment from inside the ship- pretty nifty!

G0RF fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 4, 2015

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

AP posted:

Holy crap someone successfully sold a Freelancer LTI package for $290? I thought I made out well when I sold mine for $250 (twice what I paid for it.)

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Bootcha posted:

In non-shitposting news, thanks all for the audio files so far.

I currently need some specific parts.

The HOTAS line.
Pretty much the entire 3rd stanza.
More :gary: PAAAAAAAAARP

For those that missed it:

The guideline track is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7sfrtqzzblfdgw/Guideline.mp3?dl=0
The Lyrics are here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5jnwm967wxm643v/Lyrics.txt?dl=0
The best background tempo music track is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhzc6s94YXw

D_Smart, if you would like to participate, I think you know what line I'd like you to do (Hint: After the third stanza).

Also, if someone knows illectro, please let him know as well.

hey bootcha you haventh told us where we should send these horrible screeches.
I dont want the whole world to hear my goofy singin voice :(

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

G0RF posted:

:lol:

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dark Off posted:

hey bootcha you haventh told us where we should send these horrible screeches.
I dont want the whole world to hear my goofy singin voice :(

Put'em on a dropbox and either PM me, or post'em here.

And the whole world IS going to hear your goofy singing.

HOTAS line is covered.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

G0RF posted:

You can't get this kind of quality in :911: at this price!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

macnbc posted:

Holy crap someone successfully sold a Freelancer LTI package for $290? I thought I made out well when I sold mine for $250 (twice what I paid for it.)

That's a physical not the digital one, also that's the listed price he wanted, not necessarily what it sold for. There's no advantage to show the selling price.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

well i posted it in comment section of the guideline.mp3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf

Google Butt posted:

No way. I would prefer if someone like Wrath of the Bitch King could give some BBQ tips or something. These threads have taught me more about <food> and <cattes> and < You need Platinum, Archives and an Avatar to view this message> than I ever knew I needed.

• Locked thread