Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

AP posted:

That's a physical not the digital one, also that's the listed price he wanted, not necessarily what it sold for. There's no advantage to show the selling price.

Mine was a physical one as well, but fair point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

It was either Duck or Corolla. I bought the sauce from one of those "trendy hotsauce and peanut" places, but it was legit good stuff.

I took a vacation to Duck a few months ago. Wish I had known about this at that time.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Dark Off posted:

well i posted it in comment section of the guideline.mp3

Can't see it, post the link in the lyrics comments.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Ok I think I understood as much as I care to about star citizen, in that it's a severely unfinished game that will never be as advertised etc. Can someone explain why people seem to buy not-existent ships for insane amounts of money? What is the benefit, why are they an investment (are they??) and why would you EVER spend 600 dollars on a video game ship.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Othin posted:

No way. I would prefer if someone like Wrath of the Bitch King could give some BBQ tips or something. These threads have taught me more about <food> and <cattes> and < You need Platinum, Archives and an Avatar to view this message> than I ever knew I needed.

take meats and season heavily

put over smoke until it is done

eat

Foodchain
Oct 13, 2005

Son of Rodney posted:

Ok I think I understood as much as I care to about star citizen, in that it's a severely unfinished game that will never be as advertised etc. Can someone explain why people seem to buy not-existent ships for insane amounts of money? What is the benefit, why are they an investment (are they??) and why would you EVER spend 600 dollars on a video game ship.

Beanie Babies.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Son of Rodney posted:

Their lives are pathetic and lacking, and the only reason they have to live is so that they can be in command of a space fleet/be a space pirate/be a space farmer or whatever. Star Citizen coming out is the only way that can happen, and they need to spend non-stop coin so that their ships are better than the rest of the rabble in game.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
heres my cat as I read him one of Karls posts:

XD

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Bootcha posted:

Can't see it, post the link in the lyrics comments.
done
if this doesnt work i can just post the link here and delete it after you have gotten it

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Tank Boy Ken posted:

You can't get this kind of quality in :911: at this price!
EXACTLY.

Never forget.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Son of Rodney posted:

Desperate grasping for the days of Wing Commander and Freelancer, basically. Or EVE players that are looking for the next generation in space spreadsheets. Or people don't understand that Chris Roberts is not a "success" or what you would call a "game developer" in the modern sense.

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

Son of Rodney posted:

Can someone explain why people seem to buy not-existent ships for insane amounts of money? What is the benefit, why are they an investment (are they??) and why would you EVER spend 600 dollars on a video game ship.

Psychologists, lawyers, NASA and the UN are hard at work on this very question friend.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

So it really is a pay to win DLC kind of deal? Doesn't reddit usually frothe from the mouth when those word are uttered?

People are weird as hell.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

lol, the top one looks like a slightly better Mechwarrior 4.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

G0RF posted:

EXACTLY.

Never forget.

Well on the other hand one could buy here: https://www.werbeartikel-discount.com/product_info.php/products_id/37936 :godwinning:

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Son of Rodney posted:

So it really is a pay to win DLC kind of deal? Doesn't reddit usually frothe from the mouth when those word are uttered?

One of my usually smart friends was explaining to me that he needed to preorder and get in when he did because the ships would only "have insurance" if he bought it then and there. I'm still laughing about that, and how that in itself wasn't a red flag for more shady bullshit to come I'll never know.

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf

mormonpartyboat posted:

take meats and season heavily

put over smoke until it is done

eat

The first part I get, the second part is dark magic, and I'm all about part three. Anything requiring me to walk away from the grill I end up loving up because I either got the time wrong or more likely the temp.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
http://www.twitch.tv/twerk17

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

lol, the top one looks like a slightly better Mechwarrior 4.

the top one is the prototype for E:D's planetary landing expansion. a game that actually exists. with physics that actually work.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

why

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

I have not laughed harder at anything in this thread. Thank you.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Son of Rodney posted:

It's not pay to win at all, you pay and lose your money :v:

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Though they did favourite this, so I dunno. Cig praying on the mentally ill/furries again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68kt60chDXA

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Son of Rodney posted:

Can someone explain why people seem to buy not-existent ships for insane amounts of money? What is the benefit, why are they an investment (are they??) and why would you EVER spend 600 dollars on a video game ship.
It's because they can make money by selling them to even bigger loving idiots later.

Which is one of the reasons there's a small but extremely vocal sect of backers who roam the internet furiously attacking anyone who's even remotely negative about the "game".

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

The Sorrow Accrues...

quote:

i picked up one of the first Star Citizen ones but have been pretty disappointed by it. it leaks. like crazy. no matter how tightly i screw on the cap the rubber gasket doesn't seal internally so i end up with coffee dripping out onto my clothes. i contacted support and they sent me a replacement (which was awesome), but it has the exact same issue.

any of you guys experience something similar? were you able to finagle something around to get it to seal? i'd love to be able to use it, but for now they're just being used as insulated open-top glasses

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Othin posted:

The first part I get, the second part is dark magic, and I'm all about part three. Anything requiring me to walk away from the grill I end up loving up because I either got the time wrong or more likely the temp.

Most mistakes are 99% temperature management, and some meats are more tolerant of spikes/drops in temperature than others. Like, for ribs it's pretty important to have a very consistent level of temperature since the meat itself isn't super thick, so if the temperature spikes it's going to lose a lot of moisture and toughen up. If you want it tender you have to manage the temp properly and keep it at like 215 degrees reliably.

A pork shoulder is kinda LOL who gives a poo poo with regards to temp. Spike it or don't, as long as you reasonably control the temperature it'll come out fine.

There's a lot of podunk bullshit that amounts to folklore in the smoking community. A couple little rules:

Let your poo poo be at room temperature before you attempt to smoke it, otherwise you're making things harder on yourself.
Most of the time your meat is only going to be able to absorb maybe an hour's worth of full smoke exposure. Anything past that is wasted. This is a high point of contention among smoker retards.
There is no functional difference between lump charcoal and briquettes. Go gently caress yourself, and if you think the 0.0000000001% of glue used in making the briquettes is detectable in the flavor you're delusional. Briquettes are easier to use and control temp. with because of their size and predictability in fabrication.
Don't try and make brisket unless you have 16-20 hours of time on your hands. Don't try and make brisket unless you've smoked some easier stuff before.
Its A-OK to foil your ribs or whatever you're making during the home stretch. You can cut off 2 hours of cooktime on a large piece of meat by doing that and the flavor will be EXACTLY THE SAME. Same for ovening your ribs if you're into that. I don't, but the practice is logical. Heat is heat.
Decide early on if you're going to do a dry rub or a marinade. If you go with a marinade, make sure you have a decent injector. For something like a pork shoulder inject the marinade mixture hourly, imo.
Have an insulated container that is large enough for your finished product. This is pretty important as the meat continues to cook even after you pull it off your smoker/heat source. This goes for any type of grilling really.
Get a wireless thermometer of some kind, one with a probe for the meat and a probe for the internal temperature of the smoker. I find the built in temp gauge on most grills to be bullshit. They even make nice ones that are smartphone capable, if you're a turbonerd.

HTH

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Das Butterbrot posted:

the top one is the prototype for E:D's planetary landing expansion. a game that actually exists. with physics that actually work.

Not gonna lie, I was so distracted by the top image that I didn't even look at the bottom. Now that I am though holy shiiiiiiiiiit.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
this needs posting again:

http://imgur.com/pOubzw4

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

njark posted:

we still posting cats?

That is a great cat. Never not post cat pics.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

njark posted:

we still posting cats?

this is a wonderful catte

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

this one has moxie. I like.

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf

Most mistakes are 99% temperature management, and some meats are more tolerant of spikes/drops in temperature than others. Like, for ribs it's pretty important to have a very consistent level of temperature since the meat itself isn't super thick, so if the temperature spikes it's going to lose a lot of moisture and toughen up. If you want it tender you have to manage the temp properly and keep it at like 215 degrees reliably.

A pork shoulder is kinda LOL who gives a poo poo with regards to temp. Spike it or don't, as long as you reasonably control the temperature it'll come out fine.

There's a lot of podunk bullshit that amounts to folklore in the smoking community. A couple little rules:

Let your poo poo be at room temperature before you attempt to smoke it, otherwise you're making things harder on yourself.
Most of the time your meat is only going to be able to absorb maybe an hour's worth of full smoke exposure. Anything past that is wasted. This is a high point of contention among smoker retards.
There is no functional difference between lump charcoal and briquettes. Go gently caress yourself, and if you think the 0.0000000001% of glue used in making the briquettes is detectable in the flavor you're delusional. Briquettes are easier to use and control temp. with because of their size and predictability in fabrication.
Don't try and make brisket unless you have 16-20 hours of time on your hands. Don't try and make brisket unless you've smoked some easier stuff before.
Its A-OK to foil your ribs or whatever you're making during the home stretch. You can cut off 2 hours of cooktime on a large piece of meat by doing that and the flavor will be EXACTLY THE SAME. Same for ovening your ribs if you're into that. I don't, but the practice is logical. Heat is heat.
Decide early on if you're going to do a dry rub or a marinade. If you go with a marinade, make sure you have a decent injector. For something like a pork shoulder inject the marinade mixture hourly, imo.
Have an insulated container that is large enough for your finished product. This is pretty important as the meat continues to cook even after you pull it off your smoker/heat source. This goes for any type of grilling really.
Get a wireless thermometer of some kind, one with a probe for the meat and a probe for the internal temperature of the smoker. I find the built in temp gauge on most grills to be bullshit. They even make nice ones that are smartphone capable, if you're a turbonerd.

HTH

Cool, thank you.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Kylra posted:

Lol at the Idris accounts going for <$3k or even <$2k, even with other ships. I guess the bubble finally did pop.

:holymoley: that's a lot of jpg

Here's another one.

His box comes with LTI.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

the guy on the far left was kinda slowly bellydancing in his chair and looking genuinely aroused
i closed it after that so idk what this stream is about, but i got physically and mentally ill

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Othin posted:

just low and slow. 225 is OK for most anything, and you want it at that temp and smoking before you throw the meat on. "time" isn't really important (since the fire will never stay at a constant heat), so what really matters is internal temperature - you want baby backs at like 160 internal. should take about 5-6 hours. lower and slower go hand in hand, so if you really want to smoke baby backs for 10 hours you can do it, just not at 225. once you get the hang of it, there's all kinds of neat tricks to play with like foil and brining and sear finishing and poo poo like that but the basics are key

there's a million bullshit One Weird Tricks out there but the only really important bits are getting good thermometers so you know what's going on and paper toweling the meat dry before seasoning it.

if you dont feel like eyeballing a thermostat for hours and have spaceship money to burn, you can get something like a traeger pellet smoker and let it take care of the annoying part

Raticus79
Oct 21, 2015

njark posted:

we still posting cats?

*frrrt*

"GET A REFUUUUND!"

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Dongattack posted:

the guy on the far left was kinda slowly bellydancing in his chair and looking genuinely aroused
i closed it after that so idk what this stream is about, but i got physically and mentally ill

3 Star Citizen streamers, earlier they were discussing how "AC 2.0 is here now" (not here, not now), they're now discussing how CIG will eventually stop selling ships (lol). But yeah uncomfortable, I can only handle a couple of minutes at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

njark posted:

we still posting cats?

Your catte looks a bit like Willem Dafoe...

• Locked thread