Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Albion Prelude and Terran Conflict are both good, but AP has the Litcube Universe mod which is really excellent, but not beginner friendly.

OK so which one do I buy?
I want a fun game and don't care too much about stories or details or anything that I have to bother investing too much effort in to or reading or learning etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Basically I want to play Ghouls n Ghosts and Outrun

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BastionPete posted:

Well some people took the time to reply in a semi-serious fashion, so I replied. My bad.

Haha, I was watching Insurgent. It was a poo poo film and I wasted two hours of my life. Sorry I don't check this thread religiously every second.

you can honestly post however you want but if you want some advice just tone down the serious on the posts a little bit because nobody here is gonna take Star Citizen serious here except you, Karl Ramsesier, and Octopode

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

AP posted:

Read it again, this time as if you think the guy is lying to you. That's damage control and positive CIG spin and why the hell would anyone with $60 in effort post that crazy bold heading stuff and then gently caress off without replying. That guy has been touched by Roberts.

Edit, opinion unchanged.

well yeah but he's not like RABID GOD drat CRAZY or anything, he's just slightly on the other side of the reality fence. He's not GOD drat CRAZY like that Wulf guy or Karl whoever, and it's not like him posting here is going to somehow start convincing reasonable people to throw money on this tire fire v :) v

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

BastionPete posted:

Haha, I was watching Insurgent. It was a poo poo film and I wasted two hours of my life. Sorry I don't check this thread religiously every second.

What country are you in?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Eonwe posted:

you can honestly post however you want but if you want some advice just tone down the serious on the posts a little bit because nobody here is gonna take Star Citizen serious here except you, Karl Ramsesier, and Octopode

I for one take it very seriously as it is a very serious space simulation game

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
and dont say you're a "xx" year account but lost it or whatever stupid poo poo cause nobody is going to believe that poo poo

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Nemo2342 posted:

I think I am beginning to see a pattern emerge...
With a record of Strike Commanders, Freelancers and being sued by Kevin Costner, it's amazing that anyone trusts him with project management or their money.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Mirificus posted:

With a record of Strike Commanders, Freelancers and being sued by Kevin Costner, it's amazing that anyone trusts him with project management or their money.

I don't think most of the backers properly vetted him before giving him 95 million dollars to make a outer space life simulator

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

BastionPete posted:

Well some people took the time to reply in a semi-serious fashion, so I replied. My bad.

Oh god just stop.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

peter gabriel posted:

OK so which one do I buy?
I want a fun game and don't care too much about stories or details or anything that I have to bother investing too much effort in to or reading or learning etc

X3 is a serious video game about spaceships and space spreadsheets that requires lots of learning and effort so maybe you should get neither.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fish Fry Andy posted:

X3 is a serious video game about spaceships and space spreadsheets that requires lots of learning and effort so maybe you should get neither.

ill get neither then because that sounds ike a lot of work

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Agrajag posted:

and dont say you're a "xx" year account but lost it or whatever stupid poo poo cause nobody is going to believe that poo poo

I mean it doesn't matter what year someone regged and he probably shouldn't have even posted it but it's pretty easy to lose an account, there's no options to recover it if you don't have whatever email anymore

BastionPete
Nov 4, 2015

AP posted:

What country are you in?
UK, why?

Eonwe posted:

Who's Karl? Is that Accelewraith? But yeah, I thought I'd say my peace from day one, get it all off my chest and then back to normality right?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ok friend, namaste

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Prop Wash posted:

I mean it doesn't matter what year someone regged and he probably shouldn't have even posted it but it's pretty easy to lose an account, there's no options to recover it if you don't have whatever email anymore

its the fact that he said it out of the blue before his long rear end post

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Cool thanks, I'll buy Terran Conflicts thanks for the advice :)

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Prop Wash posted:

well yeah but he's not like RABID GOD drat CRAZY or anything, he's just slightly on the other side of the reality fence. He's not GOD drat CRAZY like that Wulf guy or Karl whoever, and it's not like him posting here is going to somehow start convincing reasonable people to throw money on this tire fire v :) v
This is what a crazy person trying to look impartial looks like:

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Agrajag posted:

its the fact that he said it out of the blue before his long rear end post

for just a second, picture that you are a socially awkward nerd posting on a message board to attempt to justify what you think

Mirificus posted:

"a deep look into human abysses" lol, thanks for posting that stuff, I basically just skimmed it before but it's worth the read

we're all on board with that actually being wulf knight, right?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

BastionPete posted:

UK, why?
Who's Karl?

We have a crazy nutbar from Germany and he likes creating new accounts. I'm going to assume you don't speak German from this point onwards.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

BastionPete posted:

UK, why?
Who's Karl? Is that Accelewraith? But yeah, I thought I'd say my peace from day one, get it all off my chest and then back to normality right?

I enjoyed your long post, it's rare we get long posts here, post in your own style.
Elvis Presley did his own thing back when people didn't understand him and he died on the toilet, fat and happy - after years of doing things his way.
You could do that too, I wish you all the best and never change to please people, like Elvis

BastionPete
Nov 4, 2015

Mirificus posted:

So I just have to get my dick out and then I'm not crazy?

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Kylra posted:

Lol at the Idris accounts going for <$3k or even <$2k, even with other ships. I guess the bubble finally did pop.

CIG just sold a ton of Idris packages so yeah, it explains why they'd give a paycheck to CIG rather than Reddit.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
lol if you don't post with your dick out

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

the following gif is how i feel when I realize im not a broken star citizen

Um... doesnt that guy die shortly after that scene? in a pretty brutal way to boot?

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

Nemo2342 posted:

I think I am beginning to see a pattern emerge...

Lol the director of Wing Commander is comparing himself to Francis Ford Coppola, director of such movies as The Godfather and Apocalypse Now

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

grimcreaper posted:

Um... doesnt that guy die shortly after that scene?

nope major armstrong lives through the whole show

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

grimcreaper posted:

Um... doesnt that guy die shortly after that scene? in a pretty brutal way to boot?

lok at this gaijin doesn't even know what happens in FMA:B, baka.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

BastionPete posted:

I never said that this thread wasn't targeted maliciously. Some retard redditor thought it would be funny I guess. The only thing I'm saying is that it wasn't a friendly fire incident. If one stupid redditor can do it, I'm sure someone else can do it back to reddit.
The news hit on Reddit first, I know because I saw the thread pop up on the /r/dereksmart subreddit, and checked it out myself. I saw that obscure posts from years ago that never would have been posted here were down. It took a few hours before this thread noticed at all (and started posting links to more reddit images LOL). Again, I never said that the redditors bot wasn't going through this thread at all, I just said that the original strike on reddit was a separate attack and deliberate. As to who did it... I don't know and will probably never know.
OK so it wasn't a first strike bot on SA and the reddit pictures didn't get deleted because we started posting them here but because someone (from here) was going over reddit and getting them deleted one by one (I presume). If that was the case why would we start banning pictures that "favored" us? Pictures that were on reddit but that we were reposting here in order to mock them?
Since you don't deny that there was a bot trawling this thread are you saying that there were two bots? The first one ours and the second one from reddit? But then why did we turn off our bot at the same time as reddit turned off theirs?

Say what, why don't you post the sequence of events as you imagine they took place and then we see if it makes any sense at all?

quote:

You question her competency and claim that she could have persuaded CR to hire Gary Oldman to boost her failed acting career.
I never questioned her competency in giving great blowjobs to her husband.

quote:

That sounds like an unfounded conspiracy theory to me, I don't see any reason why I should believe that is the case. I mean, it MAY be true, like some conspiracy theories do turn out to be true, but you don't have a shred of evidence for that.
Indeed I suspect that Sandi Gardiner didn't get billed in front of Gillian Anderson merely because of her acting chops. Stay tuned for my next post detailing why 911 was an inside job and Obama is the son of Malcolm X.

JoeBangles
Mar 23, 2005

Parlez-vous grenouille ?

Gorman Thomas posted:

I can never get grilled asparagus to come out good. Am I supposed to blanch before grilling??? What about skinning the stalks???

My secret to grilled asparagus is to place a bundle in aluminum foil after removing the hard end of the stocks. Add fresh mushrooms and onions and pepper, but the secret is adding some parmesan cheese and olive oil. Toss that around so the oil coats all pieces. After a gentle toss, add more pepper or parmesan cheese to your liking.

Also, add something lemony to it. Maybe a but of concentrated lemon juice or even a lemon pepper seasoning.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
yarg is big now btw, please show him some love :)

:yarg:

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Once a gestapo always a gestapo BastioKarl

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
I bought some asparagus yesterday. No time for grilling, gonna pan fry it

BastionPete
Nov 4, 2015

AP posted:

We have a crazy nutbar from Germany and he likes creating new accounts. I'm going to assume you don't speak German from this point onwards.
Well I can count to 10 in German, but no, I can assure you I'm not German lol.

peter gabriel posted:

I enjoyed your long post, it's rare we get long posts here, post in your own style.
Elvis Presley did his own thing back when people didn't understand him and he died on the toilet, fat and happy - after years of doing things his way.
You could do that too, I wish you all the best and never change to please people, like Elvis
Inspirational, or something, never did like elvis :/. Writing long posts is a bit of effort though, I don't do it too often.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

BastionPete posted:

UK, why?

Hello, person reading the thread closely enough to have an opinion on image bombing but who doesn't know who Karl is after the last couple of days.

Friendly advice- if you were in fact gullible enough to actually buy an account and platinum upgrade on the basis of the fake spoiler-tag joke, you might want to consider whether or not your critical thinking ability and bullshit filter are really up to the task of posting in this thread.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

:gary::yarg:

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

JoeBangles posted:

lemon pepper seasoning.

This is what I do from time to time. Generous amounts of coarse cracked pepper are a must.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Sarsapariller posted:

Hello, person reading the thread closely enough to have an opinion on image bombing but who doesn't know who Karl is after the last couple of days.

Friendly advice- if you were in fact gullible enough to actually buy an account and platinum upgrade on the basis of the fake spoiler-tag joke, you might want to consider whether or not your critical thinking ability and bullshit filter are really up to the task of posting in this thread.

shut up or he'll find out about the secret double platinum upgrade you dolt.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

nope major armstrong lives through the whole show

Ahh, thought it was a different show altogether.

Agrajag posted:

lok at this gaijin doesn't even know what happens in FMA:B, baka.

Im sorry Sen.. Nope, still cant say it.

By my rights as a Citizen, i cant wait to defile you when i become a Pirate in the 'verse. First we gotta be friends though, because defiling friends is the only thing to do in Star Citizen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

BastionPete posted:

I never said that this thread wasn't targeted maliciously. Some retard redditor thought it would be funny I guess. The only thing I'm saying is that it wasn't a friendly fire incident. If one stupid redditor can do it, I'm sure someone else can do it back to reddit.
The news hit on Reddit first, I know because I saw the thread pop up on the /r/dereksmart subreddit, and checked it out myself. I saw that obscure posts from years ago that never would have been posted here were down. It took a few hours before this thread noticed at all (and started posting links to more reddit images LOL). Again, I never said that the redditors bot wasn't going through this thread at all, I just said that the original strike on reddit was a separate attack and deliberate. As to who did it... I don't know and will probably never know.

You question her competency and claim that she could have persuaded CR to hire Gary Oldman to boost her failed acting career. That sounds like an unfounded conspiracy theory to me, I don't see any reason why I should believe that is the case. I mean, it MAY be true, like some conspiracy theories do turn out to be true, but you don't have a shred of evidence for that.
As to whether she was instrumental or not in the marketing of the company, or whether the funding would have gone the way it did without her... well, elite dangerous rocked up at the same time and hasn't had the same level of funding success, so I don't think that is true. You don't just raise $94 million by chance.

I agree that CIG over-promised and will probably have to drop some features, that said, I never saw Sandi over-promising. It was normally CR in 10FTC.

Well if you're right then we're in for a shitstorm. I see no evidence of this however. Also forum activity isn't a great way of analysing funding. The SC forums are the most toxic set of forums I've ever seen and lots of people avoid them. It's even more of an insane echochamber than reddit.

gently caress knows. Depends on if they run out of money or not right? lol. I reckon they can make a reasonable game that they have been talking about. A lot of crazy poo poo they talk about (alien languages, etc.) may well not make it, but I don't really care that much about that tbh.

Also
:gary: PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Edit: and about my old account. I wasn't pretending to be an old SA forumite lol. I was just prefacing why I brought platinum. I had like 20 posts on my old account, total throwaway comment.

Lmao. How many ships jpegs do you 'own'?

• Locked thread