Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fargom
Mar 21, 2007
Does this thread really have people still trying to be the edgy cool guy who says bad things to Dr. Smart? No true goon would try to run him out of this thread, so I blanket accuse all of these fuckers as reddit transplants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

BettysBigTits is the greatest unsolved heist of our time

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

fargom posted:

Does this thread really have people still trying to be the edgy cool guy who says bad things to Dr. Smart? No true goon would try to run him out of this thread, so I blanket accuse all of these fuckers as reddit transplants.

I've got reddit transplants. they were real expensive

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
Reddit lies by Reddit spies.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
It's cool you're making some chill posts now about burgers and stuff Derek, not all posts have to be blockbusting Crobizzle chopbusting infobombs.

A good chill post is just as good and sometimes even better!

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

alarumklok posted:

That was classic entertainment :gary:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Wait..why is Christ Robbers telling people to give someone else money

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15037-Note-From-The-Chairman-Infinity-Battlescape

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

"it's a trick get the axe" - rob zombie

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Amarcarts posted:

And holy mother of god that list of companies

...and that's just the ones that we know of thus far.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

unless I hear that Chris is secretly benefiting from I-Novae's profits in some way, it's cool that he's doing this.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip
I hope y'all are happy; Bootcha just got me to record a line for the requiem video. He might also have given me an irresponsible amount of whiskey first. It might also have been entirely my idea, but I am going to go ahead and blame him for my inability to carry a tune.

This video is going be hilarious, even if accidentally so. :3:

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Wait. I just realised something. This horrible community is endemic to all space games. Any space game anyone makes will be totally populated by these shitlords. There is no escape.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

JoeBangles posted:

Show us your doctored titties, derek!

My iPad camera is on the fritz. Next time. :)

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

Leave Derek alone. He types like a grandpa that just discovered A Rad Dude's Guide to Internet Lingo and it's adorable.

See? Someone gets it.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

It creates goodwill in an industry where it is waning and he badly needs it.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

chaosbreather posted:

Wait. I just realised something. This horrible community is endemic to all space games. Any space game anyone makes will be totally populated by these shitlords. There is no escape.

I see what you're saying, but part of the reason they are being such shitlords is because they've been scammed out of a lot of money, and the more money you put in to something the more you have to convince yourself it was a good idea. Less exploitative space games will probably have a lot of the same assholes but they probably won't be as wrapped up in their lovely space identity.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i like that derek is the only person who double posts in this thread besides like me and peter

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

i like that derek is the only person who double posts in this thread besides like me and peter

same

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

alarumklok posted:

welllll...I know people, who know people, who have a particular set of skills. Skills which are designed exclusively for uncovering stuff. I can make it happen.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

unless I hear that Chris is secretly benefiting from I-Novae's profits in some way, it's cool that he's doing this.

He's been doing this since the original funding campaign. He even did a similar thing for Elite.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

D_Smart posted:

welllll...I know people, who know people, who have a particular set of skills. Skills which are designed exclusively for uncovering stuff. I can make it happen.

I too read this thread.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Eonwe posted:

I double post. we lipstack apathizers have to show the community what we're made of

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

He does it once in awhile. You know, when he feels like mingling with his subjects. He did it with one or two other space combat games recently.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

D_Smart posted:

NO

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

alarumklok posted:

I double post. we lipstack apathizers have to show the community what we're made of

good im glad

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
the swedish mafia has some skills too...

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
who likes weed

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I cover myself in moss to keep the hot Florida sun at bay

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

that's sort of like weed right?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I like weed I like to smoke it (weed).

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I love weed. Weed is awesome.

:gary::margeball::yarg:

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010

D_Smart posted:

Yeah. You can totally get refunds now. You have to be persistent.

You can thank me later :)

I'm drafting the e-mail now based on the guidelines in the last thread. I'm glad I got bored at work and decided catching up on this thread would be a good way to kill a few hours.

edit: I wonder how many e-mails it will take. Hopefully not being a Kickstarter backer doesn't gently caress me.

jaffyjaffy fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Nov 5, 2015

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
If you losers didn't spend all your money on weed you too could be space captains of industry.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Hello, I'm a stranger who came from Derek's blog.
I've been lurking for about a week. Just long enough to reach the intangible number of laughs I required to piss away $10.

Now Get Ready, because there's a story I've been too afraid to post in Derek's blog.

I have a feeing it's going to effect a large number of you people.

AND it will shake you to your core!

These are my cats:

They're about 7 years old and both survived a fire.

This is my cat Fonzie:

He kills rats, dreams of being "Ben Lesnick" fat, and has been trained to high-five on command and meow when you say "Ayyy!".
Notice the gray hair and yellow eyes.

Now for the shocking part!

Chris Roberts recruited my cat into his evil cult!!! almost a year before I'd ever heard of it!

Be careful out there everybody, you're cat could be next!
Keep them close.

More Coincidences:
1) I'm a German* auditor** who works with his dad!
* = Only in ancestry, Polish too
** = Not really, but it's a nice way to avoid explaining how stupid my job really is

2) The Escapist article makes Chirs Roberts sound just like a friend of mine (the only person I know who played a CR game [freelancer]), who after many years of trust, stole $200 worth of weed from me and ran off, never to be heard from again. So I know how the unknown thousands of people who haven't gotten refunds will feel.

If that isn't a good enough first post:

PAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRPPP!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

MilesK posted:

I've been lurking for about a week. Just long enough to reach the intangible number of laughs I required to piss away $10.

Now Get Ready, because there's a story I've been too afraid to post in Derek's blog.

These are my cats:

This is my cat Fonzie:

He kills rats, dreams of being "Ben Lesnick" fat, and has been trained to high-five on command and meow when you say "Ayyy!".

Chris Roberts recruited my cat into his evil cult!!! almost a year before I'd ever heard of it!

Keep them close.

More Coincidences:
** = Not really, but it's a nice way to avoid explaining how stupid my job really is

2) The Escapist article makes Chirs Roberts sound just like a friend of mine (the only person I know who played a CR game [freelancer]), who after many years of trust, stole $200 worth of weed from me and ran off, never to be heard from again. So I know how the unknown thousands of people who haven't gotten refunds will feel.

PAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRPPP!

You're fooling no one, I can tell by your post you've had an account here since at least 2011, maybe even 2010.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

testing

:gary::wrong::yarg:

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

MilesK posted:

These are my cats:

This is my cat Fonzie:

Keep them close.

More Coincidences:

PAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRPPP!

Welcome, if you need help with anything just send me a tell. I don't bite (much :cheeky:)

-Sillybones

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

cute cats though

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MilesK posted:

These are my cats:

This is my cat Fonzie:

Keep them close.

More Coincidences:

PAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRPPP!

excellent first post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

MilesK posted:

These are my cats:

This is my cat Fonzie:

Keep them close.

More Coincidences:

PAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRPPP!

I like your cats. They are extremely pettable.

• Locked thread