Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Zigmidge posted:

I just wanna roll with the August 2015 mumble crew, once more.

UserErr0r posted:

We should all play every day until the next installment of a terrible game franchise comes out to mourn the upcoming loss of Coupe

I'm on GTA right meow. i had sum fun with jose_mengelez and now I'm just getting platinum on lap dances before I run some more missions

I'm nine ranks away from 420 :420: :2bong: :420:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

coupedeville posted:

the only checkpoints you're required to hit are during the fight to the motorcycles. once all heist members hop on the bikes all the rest of the escape checkpoints are optional.

Cool, thanks!

And yes, there are a few you have to hit on the way to the bikes, 2 in the alley that I can remember. I did see a stream the other day where the money carrier stayed in the Bank while the other three ran to the checkpoints. Then one of them suicided when they got to the bikes to restart and it put everybody at the bikes. So it gets confusing to me on how the checkpoints work and who all needs to hit them.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Is there a way to find someone's steam ID if I know their RGSC ID so I can VAC report them?

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Yerok posted:

Is there a way to find someone's steam ID if I know their RGSC ID so I can VAC report them?

Are you mad about hackers?
:allears:

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

coupedeville posted:

I'm just getting platinum on lap dances before I run some more missions

I'm nine ranks away from 420 :420: :2bong: :420:

GTA update:
platinum achievement: 'lapping it up'
enjoy 25 lap dances at the strip club
completed

also, I am now eight ranks away from 420; I'm so close! also, I had a blast playing with you guys tonight
ripperswarm
usersa
wolffenstein
Starhawk64
acrimonious bird
jose_mengelez
and new mumble goon ecoblue who just picked up on GTA online! he's still low level but he is cool and fun to play with so make sure to friend him and tear poo poo up!

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

coupedeville posted:

Are you mad about hackers?
:allears:

Only when they're not giving me money :smith:

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'm generally neutral about hackers.

Spawning random poo poo or having a disco car is cool and all.

But when they get all pissy when you kill them in the kill-the-carrier public event and freeze you it kinda blows.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Floppychop posted:

But when they get all pissy when you kill them in the kill-the-carrier public event and freeze you it kinda blows.

I had a guy spawn two copies of me last night while I was shopping for clothes. They opened fire on me and killed me.

To this day, I haven't seen a hacker spawn a single moneybag. I've seen just about everything else, though. I really wouldn't mind encountering one of these generous hackers, but so far to me they're a myth.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I met one, they spawned $6000 spread amongst 5 bags. :v:

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

Yerok posted:

Should captured a video/screenshot of them. Then send it to Rockstar's banhammer email address. Thats how you properly snitch.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Yerok posted:

If their social club profile isn't showing linked accounts I don't think so.

Can't you just report their social club account? I would think that Rockstar would be more likely to do something than Valve.

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Nov 5, 2015

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
VAC has nothing to do with games that aren't VAC protected. GTA5 PC isn't even entirely a Steam thing.
You could report them ingame using the players menu, but months ago hackers suggested they can reset their reputation. If it were true, no idea if it's still true or if Rockstar fixed it.
You can do the banhammer thing, but last time I tried it, Rockstar treated it like it was a support ticket system, and closed my tickets for some dumb reason (no idea if they banned the players or not).

Months ago, I couldn't find a Mesa anywhere.

I found where they hide out.

Did Rockstar reset everyone's mission unlocks again? I noticed that we had next to nothing to vote for except for 1 story mission and a bunch of other stuff like capture missions.

UserErr0r fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Nov 5, 2015

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Or stream it like this guy, maybe someone will notice:
https://www.twitch.tv/megasteinfeld/v/24076299?t=04:32:32

Probably dumb, but here's my route for the Pac Standard finale in the Kuruma. I'll have to try going straight to the boat next time I can join one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bFhYkZJm6U

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

NVM

Mr Scumbag fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 6, 2015

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

any mumble goons playing tonight? I'll be around

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Party Pete you loving slay me

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

mutata posted:

Every game company in the world is looking to leave last gen behind as soon as they possibly can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm66ybXFNWs Case in point.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Floppychop posted:

I think the general idea is to report the ones that don't give you money, and the rest will catch on eventually.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Haha I love the "nooooooope, gently caress it - wall it off!" section at 1:54 in.

EcoBlue
Jan 1, 2008
This game has been a blast so far. Thanks to the mumble goons for being cool. :)

Re: hackers. I had a hacker give me $2m, but I've the ones I've ran into lately have been mostly just making the server weird. Doors not opening etc.
Although I did have one create a priest in front of me blessing me, and a rotating tube of clones of me laying on top of my head.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

I am now just learning what a true disaster GTA Online is. Starting to try heists for the first time and it's taken us an hour just to get four people together and people leave and die minutes into the mission. Still haven't completed any objective.

What a loving shitshow. No wonder people are hacking.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

With four friends on mic this game is an absolute blast, but randos are just the worst. Friend any good ones you find, for they are precious.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I did all the heists over the course of two nights with the same group of people and we all had headsets and it was fantastic. Some of my favorite recent online co-op memories coming out of that experience and I felt ike it was just about worth the wait for heists. Well, that and buying the Hydra with all my heist mission bonus funds and blowing poo poo up with the heist gang.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

I'll throw my name in if any teammates are needed for PC ( RGSC: AzureSkies ). The group I was playing with is falling apart and I'm not trying public groups anymore.

I work odd hours, but have been on early Pacific time mornings and evenings.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Yeah I had a blast with you guys last night. I still have Pacific Standard left to complete. I'll be on mumble later on if anyone is interested. Also, I don't blame people for hacking the game and cheating themselves millions of dollars, gently caress Rockstar for trying to turn this game into a freemium MMO. Games are more fun when you mod the bullshit grinding out.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Last night was loads of fun. I think offense defense is my favourite new thing so far!

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Zigmidge posted:

Last night was loads of fun. I think offense defense is my favourite new thing so far!

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Zigmidge posted:

Yeah that was blast. Turns out I'm pretty good at blocking! Could just be dumb luck though. :v:

Stormangel
Sep 28, 2001
No, I'm not a girl.

Calling all PC players

Mike NLN here

Due to the fact that interest is waning, and I've seen at least half of the Mumble regulars say that they won't play much once Fallout 4 releases (me included), I'm calling for sometime this weekend we send GTAO off with a bang.

I'll definitely be on later Friday night, probably not Saturday night (mumble is usually dead then anyway), and most of Sunday evening.

We could run missions for old times sake

We could have a car show in honor of Tophats

We could hold the Dryer-lint memorial grand Prix

Or we could have an old fashioned gunpowder and petrol fuled pubbie stomp.

Who's down?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Ya dawg the horn's been sounded already. Show up Saturday or forever blame Bethesda

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Stormangel posted:

Calling all PC players

Mike NLN here

Due to the fact that interest is waning, and I've seen at least half of the Mumble regulars say that they won't play much once Fallout 4 releases (me included), I'm calling for sometime this weekend we send GTAO off with a bang.

I'll definitely be on later Friday night, probably not Saturday night (mumble is usually dead then anyway), and most of Sunday evening.

We could run missions for old times sake

We could have a car show in honor of Tophats

We could hold the Dryer-lint memorial grand Prix

Or we could have an old fashioned gunpowder and petrol fuled pubbie stomp.

Who's down?

Zigmidge posted:

Ya dawg the horn's been sounded already. Show up Saturday or forever blame Bethesda

yeah Mike where were u at the last two nights? we've been running missions and trying out new game modes (mainly slasher and offense defense) whist mumbling in each other's ears as allah intended

also keep the pace is a neat gametype but it should allow for more than four players :(

and we should totally run some goon - made races for realsies I still have one of dryer lint dumb races bookmarked (as long as user doesn't spend the entire race making sure I don't win :sigh:)

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Jonesy posted:

Party Pete you loving slay me

Haha are you Quim Reaper? That was my roommate talking, he doesn't like playing but loves getting on the mic. The guy we were pretending to be kept messaging us laughing about the awful poo poo people were sending him.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

If any PC goons want to jump into mumble right now, we can play a custom smash up derby map.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Cheap Shot posted:

If any PC goons want to jump into mumble right now, we can play a custom smash up derby map.

sry but I'm stuck at work goonbro so that's not gonna happen

and I won't be around this evening I will be attending my brother's wedding reception so there will be no GTA tonight for coupe

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'll probably be about in an hour or two due to being a UK goon, so if anyone is still kicking about then on PC then I guess I'll see you there!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Am I the only one that doesn't see a big deal here? I can't help but think as I watch that video, the gameplay still sucks and the prettier maps aren't adding anything.

Stormangel
Sep 28, 2001
No, I'm not a girl.

coupedeville posted:

yeah Mike where were u at the last two nights?

You know, doing things.

Really, I've been trying to get enough sleep on week nights, and GTAO is not conducive to that.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Am I the only one that doesn't see a big deal here? I can't help but think as I watch that video, the gameplay still sucks and the prettier maps aren't adding anything.

I mean, you're not wrong, but visuals are an inherent part of video games, just as gameplay is. It's a visual medium. Now if you don't like the gameplay, then yeah, visuals aren't going to convince you to keep the game in your console, but for a lot of people (I'd argue a majority?) the opposite is true too, especially when you go in with certain expectations (ie indie games can get away with things that AAA can't, etc).

Anyway, that's neither here nor there, that was just one of the more stark examples that I've seen lately about how game devs as a whole really want to move on asap and not split their time making 2 different games. drat you, market share!

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Hobo Clown posted:

Haha are you Quim Reaper? That was my roommate talking, he doesn't like playing but loves getting on the mic. The guy we were pretending to be kept messaging us laughing about the awful poo poo people were sending him.

Hahaha yes it was hilarious, I can't believe that little kid blamed his brother and apologized. Sorry I blew you up collaterally when I stickied that one guy. I was bitter over Penned In. I may have to steal your roommates bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godmachine
Sep 5, 2004

I am beyond God.
I am Human.
I came back to GTAO after not playing for almost two months. Holy poo poo, there were numerous cheaters in every single game I attempted to play on. The online community for this game is horrible.

• Locked thread