Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

MilesK posted:

Hello, I'm a stranger who came from Derek's blog.
I've been lurking for about a week. Just long enough to reach the intangible number of laughs I required to piss away $10.

Now Get Ready, because there's a story I've been too afraid to post in Derek's blog.

I have a feeing it's going to effect a large number of you people.

AND it will shake you to your core!

These are my cats:

They're about 7 years old and both survived a fire.

This is my cat Fonzie:

He kills rats, dreams of being "Ben Lesnick" fat, and has been trained to high-five on command and meow when you say "Ayyy!".
Notice the gray hair and yellow eyes.

Now for the shocking part!

Chris Roberts recruited my cat into his evil cult!!! almost a year before I'd ever heard of it!

Be careful out there everybody, you're cat could be next!
Keep them close.

More Coincidences:
1) I'm a German* auditor** who works with his dad!
* = Only in ancestry, Polish too
** = Not really, but it's a nice way to avoid explaining how stupid my job really is

2) The Escapist article makes Chirs Roberts sound just like a friend of mine (the only person I know who played a CR game [freelancer]), who after many years of trust, stole $200 worth of weed from me and ran off, never to be heard from again. So I know how the unknown thousands of people who haven't gotten refunds will feel.

If that isn't a good enough first post:

PAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRPPP!

Join4cats

:frogout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010

MilesK posted:

:3:

PAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRPPP!

Quality first post. :gary::yarg:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Guys I'm worried SC won't come out it October 2014 but they shun me in RSI forums so can someone help me? Serious replies only please, I'm seriously worried I have a lot riding on this.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

I like your cats. They are extremely pettable.

Amun Khonsu fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Nov 5, 2015

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

You're fooling no one, I can tell by your post you've had an account here since at least 2011, maybe even 2010.

Feel free to doxx me. At least 1 white knight did.
I've managed to avoid making imaginary friends and feeding the internet it's diet of opinions for the last decade!
Derek made me relapse =(

I was goon-like before though. Got banned somewhere else after exposing a strict/obessive moderator as a convicted sex offender.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
how long until croberts himself appears to troll this thread

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:
This might be the first scam I know of that actually refunds people their money.

Croberts can't even run a cult properly, Jesus.

BastionPete
Nov 4, 2015

Eonwe posted:

excellent first post
He only ever gets one of those, he's gotta make it count. Mine was far too serious, totally misjudged the audience :/

MeLKoR posted:

You're fooling no one, I can tell by your post you've had an account here since at least 2011, maybe even 2010.
:gary:

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Jegan Ace posted:

This might be the first scam I know of that actually refunds people their money.

Croberts can't even run a cult properly, Jesus.

except, they arent refunding anyone. Ortwins private company is giving the refunds for them

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

fuzzknot posted:

I hope y'all are happy; Bootcha just got me to record a line for the requiem video. He might also have given me an irresponsible amount of whiskey first. It might also have been entirely my idea, but I am going to go ahead and blame him for my inability to carry a tune.

This video is going be hilarious, even if accidentally so. :3:

I reeeeaaally hope Derek has recorded a line for Bootcha's eulogy song. Derek, you have to-- and you should speak it, not sing it- so it's unmistakeably you.

(just resist the urge to include one of your typical mike drop lines like, "Star Citizen is a scam-- THE END" - I think that would probably hose the vibe.)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I wonder if refunds will soon just be empty bags containing traces of a suspicious white powder, mailed from a St Kitt's address?

Maybe containing a note saying "I can't believe I snorted the whole thing. Here, draw yourself a picture of a spaceship. <3 C&SR"

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Sillybones posted:

Welcome, if you need help with anything just send me a tell. I don't bite (much :cheeky:)

-Sillybones

gay

- gay

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BastionPete posted:

He only ever gets one of those, he's gotta make it count. Mine was far too serious, totally misjudged the audience :/

friend, its okay

please keep posting, you are doing just fine now

JazzPaws
Aug 10, 2014

- Ponzi Scheme Survivor -

Toops posted:

Guys I'm worried SC won't come out it October 2014 but they shun me in RSI forums so can someone help me? Serious replies only please, I'm seriously worried I have a lot riding on this.

Do they shun you because you're a moderator? like the other guy? Or are you both closet reddit users?

Fake edit: Oh hi Sandi x

JazzPaws fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Nov 5, 2015

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010

Eonwe posted:

friend, its okay

please keep posting, you are doing just fine now

He's doing far better than I did. I always was lurking instead of following the ancient, honorable rule of :justpost:

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I see what you're saying, but part of the reason they are being such shitlords is because they've been scammed out of a lot of money, and the more money you put in to something the more you have to convince yourself it was a good idea. Less exploitative space games will probably have a lot of the same assholes but they probably won't be as wrapped up in their lovely space identity.

These are all active Eve players, they're all ED players, they play every space game with every second and cent. They're like an ocean, and Star Citizen is just a very deep sinkhole, but they're going to be everywhere, being this lovely, to everyone. If someone makes a better space game they'll buy that too and they'll be lovely to me when I want to play it, and people will think that I'm lovely for wanting to play it. There will be a small group of people who aren't lovely who they can call casuals and exploit but the primary market and the primary development focus will be these people. Space games are ruined forever.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Toops posted:

:gary: I'm sorry for your loss.

JoeBangles
Mar 23, 2005

Parlez-vous grenouille ?

Eonwe posted:

who likes weed

Let me tell you something about weed: I never feel like my weed is being wasted when I'm reading this thread.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

MilesK posted:

Got banned somewhere else after exposing a strict/obessive moderator as a convicted sex offender.
Oh you'll feel right at home then.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

MilesK posted:

I was goon-like before though. Got banned somewhere else after exposing a strict/obessive moderator as a convicted sex offender.
Did the other mods know?

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

fuctifino posted:

:gary: I'm sorry for your loss.

Please don't ruin my dreams of griefing chubby sad manchildren in the 'verse. I need this.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MilesK posted:

These are my cats:

They're about 7 years old and both survived a fire.

This is my cat Fonzie:

He kills rats, dreams of being "Ben Lesnick" fat, and has been trained to high-five on command and meow when you say "Ayyy!".
Notice the gray hair and yellow eyes.

good cattes voted 4

:gary::wom::yarg:

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

who likes weed

i only like weed grown in space. star sinsemilla.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

notoriousman posted:

Did the other mods know?

They figured it out in the end, and most others involved in exposing it got unbanned. I wasn't because it was maybe my 3rd unbanning, and I had admittedly become a dick.

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010

Toops posted:

Please don't ruin my dreams of griefing chubby sad manchildren in the 'verse. I need this.

But you can do that right now in the very real game Eve Online.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MilesK posted:

Derek made me relapse =(

I was... a convicted sex offender.

MilesK posted:

They figured it out in the end, and most others involved in exposing it got unbanned. I... had admittedly become a dick.

MilesK posted:

Derek made me relapse =(

MilesK posted:

Derek made me relapse =(

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Thank you sir.

edit: :yarg:

MilesK fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 5, 2015

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

You'd have to be a real dumb motherfucker to actually back that Infinity thing. Like almost as dumb as to back Star Citizen right now.

Bolow fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Nov 5, 2015

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
So I totally forgot about the asparagus, just went to piss and was wondering what on Earth that smell was :catstare:
Then I remembered......
I must not have had asparagus in a long time because drat that was nasty

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Amazing.

peter gabriel posted:

I've come to realise all space games are poo poo

Master of Orion is good. Master of Orion 2 is good.

Raskolnikov posted:

How did you get your cat so shiny? My cat is from a shelter and rather sick still but someday I want a shiny cat like you.

There are no guarantees. General health and a good diet helps. Brushing helps. Short straight fur helps. It's easier to see the shine on monochrome cats than on multi-coloured cats, and obv silvery grey cats like that one show it off really well.

The easiest way is to cheat and adopt an adult cat that is already shiny. Kittens all look like adorable little puff balls, so it's hard to tell what their adult fur will be like when it grows in.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Kakarot posted:

So I totally forgot about the asparagus, just went to piss and was wondering what on Earth that smell was :catstare:
Then I remembered......
I must not have had asparagus in a long time because drat that was nasty

Should have made it with an orange juice curry glaze and had yourself a party.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

jaffyjaffy posted:

But you can do that right now in the very real game Eve Online.

Tried it, but their jpegs move and respond to control input from my PC. Breaks immersion.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:

Toops posted:

Tried it, but their jpegs move and respond to control input from my PC. Breaks immersion.

It's also a really loving boring game 90% of the time.

Only reason I continued playing was because that 10% of things happening in Nullsec was legitimately good.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

DOMDOM posted:

how long until croberts himself appears to troll this thread

Octopodes been around a while.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

BastionPete posted:

To be honest you seem pretty chill as well outside the reg date and dumb imgur poo poo. Just post some funny poo poo and be chill with us and it will be cool man just don't be karl. Also for you new goons my best advice as well is to not just post in this one thread.

This site has a lot of other neat stuff and tons of sub forums for other interest check them out because even the game subforum is a small portion of this site. The funny thing is most goons barely know or care about SC.

Vire fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Nov 5, 2015

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

macnbc posted:

Octopodes been around a while.

Octopode gave me some good information and as such i will not tolerate this injustice. I challenge you to 1 v 1 HONORABLE combat. EN SOMEFRENCHWORDICANTSPELL

Also edit: Holy poo poo, that time travel game that your avatar was from. that game was FREAKING INSANELY hard. atleast when i was a kid. what was it called?

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

fargom posted:

Does this thread really have people still trying to be the edgy cool guy who says bad things to Dr. Smart? No true goon would try to run him out of this thread, so I blanket accuse all of these fuckers as reddit transplants.

Goons hate everything. Thats part of the fun.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

MilesK posted:

If that isn't a good enough first post:

PAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRPPP!

Is that your own work? Very well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

grimcreaper posted:

Octopode gave me some good information and as such i will not tolerate this injustice. I challenge you to 1 v 1 HONORABLE combat. EN SOMEFRENCHWORDICANTSPELL
Space Court.

• Locked thread