Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ideate
Aug 20, 2002
hi

here is my cat who is part bengal I really wanted to be a bengal carrier but now I have asked for a refund (seriously thanks)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

grimcreaper posted:

Also edit: Holy poo poo, that time travel game that your avatar was from. that game was FREAKING INSANELY hard. atleast when i was a kid. what was it called?

motherfucking journeyman project

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

DOMDOM posted:

how long until croberts himself appears to troll this thread

I've been very busy listening to my 10/10 wife's incredible new ideas about :gary: PAAAAARRRP

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002
hello friends i just joined from dereks blog, plz show me the ropes around here

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vire posted:

To be honest you seem pretty chill as well outside the reg date and dumb imgur poo poo. Just post some funny poo poo and be chill with us and it will be cool man just don't be karl. Also for you new goons my best advice as well is to not just post in this one thread.

This site has a lot of other neat stuff and tons of sub forums for other interest check them out because even the game subforum is a small portion of this site. The funny thing is most goons barely know or care about SC.

Agreed you are just fine

Keep posting

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Strategy posted:

hello friends i just joined from dereks blog, plz show me the ropes around here
you need to post an intro

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005
True believers, what are you holding on to? The game is like 5% done and that 5% is bland and unfun. Just refund and parp with us.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Shout out to Radio Voskhod for those brilliant parodies :gary: PAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRPPP

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:

Cats LOVE Cigars! posted:

True believers, what are you holding on to? The game is like 5% done and that 5% is bland and unfun. Just refund and parp with us.

Alternatively, I can not get a refund and still continue to poo poo on the game, Croberts and D_Smart.

This arrangement is good for me.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

parping ain't easy

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

3 posted:

motherfucking journeyman project

That game... so good.

But, The Dig was better. Both are still better than Star Citizen.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

grimcreaper posted:

But, The Dig was better.

The Dig is the best Lucasarts game ever made. Everything was just done perfectly.

Sephiroth84
Nov 4, 2015

by Lowtax

True believers, what are you holding on to?
Truth be told, I don't even know anymore. I guess I'm hoping something actually fun will materialize within the next 4-6 months even though I know the odds are slim. :smith:

I'm keeping my money on the project until I at least see how lovely and generic the FPS is.

Sephiroth84
Nov 4, 2015

by Lowtax
E: Oops, doublepost sorry. Buy bitcoin etc

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010

I wasn't in for much and I wouldn't call myself a true believer by any stretch but I did just send the e-mail for the refund. Worst-case the game somehow comes out and is good and I just buy it again. More realistic case I (hopefully) get my money back and can spend that on useful, productive purchases other dumb games while Star Citizen continues to be a not-game.

Once the refund comes in I'll parp like no one has parp'd before.

JazzPaws
Aug 10, 2014

- Ponzi Scheme Survivor -

ideate posted:

hi

here is my cat who is part bengal I really wanted to be a bengal carrier but now I have asked for a refund (seriously thanks)

I see he's like "Do you have any idea what time it is? It's loving midday and your bugging me about jpeg spaceships...seriously dude gently caress off"

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

CrazyTolradi posted:

The Dig is the best Lucasarts game ever made. Everything was just done perfectly.

I'm sorry but there was that Indiana Jones game where you got to make a club sandwich and then eat that sandwich. That was the best one.

Games like Full Throttle and Day of the Tentacle had nothing as filling.

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

If someone can figure out how to sell cat jpgs the way cig sell spaceship jpgs this thread would be worth billions.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Sephiroth84 posted:

Truth be told, I don't even know anymore. I guess I'm hoping something actually fun will materialize within the next 4-6 months even though I know the odds are slim. :smith:

I'm keeping my money on the project until I at least see how lovely and generic the FPS is.

Hello there

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I like weed I like to smoke it (weed).

I like to vape it :smuggo:

Sephiroth84
Nov 4, 2015

by Lowtax

Lord_NeckBeard posted:

I like to vape it :smuggo:
Weed is the drug for suburban white millennials. It's useful for Suffering Lite, such as "my job sucks but it's not really that bad cause I'm awhite male".

Truly miserable souls abuse harder drugs like coke, heroin, and bath salts. Or so I've heard.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Whole lotta lovely pets in this thread. Mostly the cats which are Great, but the dogs are also Very Good.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Why walk out when you can outrun?
I am pleased that this thread has taken on a fat cat theme.

Eh, who am I kidding? This thread has always been about fat cats.

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

That has to be the shortest seraph probation I've seen.

Glad for someone to prove me :gary: :wrong: :yarg: though.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Sephiroth84 posted:

Weed is the drug for suburban white millennials. It's useful for Suffering Lite, such as "my job sucks but it's not really that bad cause I'm awhite male".

Truly miserable souls abuse harder drugs like coke, heroin, and bath salts. Or so I've heard.

Welcome back Seraph

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Amarcarts posted:

I read Derek's latest blog post. It was so darn informative! I knew this game would never be as good as promised or come out on time with all the features. Anybody can tell from the promotional materials they've released that they've got an out-of-date steaming pile of crap on their hands. What I didn't know was just how financially shady a lot of the major players involved in this seem to be. I'd always been in the camp that CR was not a good manager but nevertheless well-meaning, but some of the people he's with seem almost like ACTUAL con men.

I read the blog post and I did enjoy it (though I might be biased since Derek used the article I wrote, but I don't care!)

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

My cat is why we never put up our Christmas wreath last year.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
Anyone else getting

Database Unavailable!

I am asking to make sure its not on my end.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

CrazyTolradi posted:

I 100% agree with you. My only gripe with that game was the color orb puzzle that had 0 clues in the game to solve and required 39 different orbs. or something like that.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

1500 posted:

Anyone else getting

Database Unavailable!

I am asking to make sure its not on my end.

Yeah it's gone down twice for me. Some meathead at steadfastnet donked the onoff button on the wrong server (DB1) and now some of the tables are corrupted and being repaired.

https://twitter.com/lowtax

e: added blame

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

ideate posted:

hi

does he knock stuff over when he walks around

i heard bengals do this

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland
I spent money for something from amazon last xmas and my cat got a box to chill in its p cool.

star citizen related I have friend that was discharged out of the army using parts of his GI bill to buy spaceship jpgs and is going to a degree mill college for game design.

welp thats my star citizen story cya.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ideate posted:

hi

That cat hates you with the fire of a thousand suns. I'm a cat whisperer, I can tell these things.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I didn't buy spaceship .jpgs, but I have a cat. I adopted him in July.

Here is Oscar ready to dart to the window and stare something to death:

And here he is the other 18 hours of the day:

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

G0RF posted:

Dang, you weren't kidding...

I hope she never stops her "awkward moments with Ben" series. Love them.

In other news, Guard frequency have announced that they are "adjusting" the podcast to cover other space sims. There are hints that Derek may have demoralised them.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I think we can all agree that at this point, after everything both sides have said, the only way to solve this dispute is a D_Smart Vs Croberts boxing match.

JazzPaws
Aug 10, 2014

- Ponzi Scheme Survivor -

Kakarot posted:

So I totally forgot about the asparagus, just went to piss and was wondering what on Earth that smell was :catstare:
Then I remembered......
I must not have had asparagus in a long time because drat that was nasty

Eat lots of pineapple and drink pineapple juice...
Your girlfriend will thank you.

:wink:

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Hi seraph, bye seraph

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

I think we can all agree that at this point, after everything both sides have said, the only way to solve this dispute is a D_Smart Vs Croberts boxing match.

Nah, Chris Roberts flying to south america to avoid prosecution for fraud, only to be turned back at the airport and have to fly back to LA, where FBI agents are waiting for him, would be vastly more funnr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
"Wencome to the Advocacy Office, citizien. Do you have something to report?"

"Um, yes, officer. I'd like to report a crime. See, I spent $2500 on a spaceship and a First Person Universe and I was promised the NPCs would all be dynamic, unique, and would live full lives in "The Verse" and dynamic conversation trees but they all just seem so canned and predictable."

"Please fill out this crime report."

• Locked thread