Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Honestly, not having the Nickelodeon half season bullshit will be fantastic. It'll allow stories to flow much better (granted I haven't seen very much of Dino Charge so I have no idea if it flows better than Super Megaforce & Samurai did)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Id take the news with a bucket of salt, collider is the site that revealed the rangers' names for the movie and the official twitter just showed theyre using the ofiginal characters.

That said, id be down for netflix, no more super bs and no more scheduling issues, plus id be able to finally forget about Nick.

I don't get why they're just not using all new names. I mean, okay Trini is a Spanish name but older fans are just going to connect it with Thuy Tran.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Testekill posted:

I don't get why they're just not using all new names. I mean, okay Trini is a Spanish name but older fans are just going to connect it with Thuy Tran.

Maybe there's going to be a last minute replacement of the actress and she's going to be played by an Asian lady.

You know, have EVERYTHING come full circle for Trini.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Burkion posted:

You know, have EVERYTHING come full circle for Trini.

:iiaca:?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Not cool dude.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo we're down to the final 5 Megazords in that poll... and all but one of them are just individual Zords.

AND SURPRISE SURPRISE, FOUR OF THEM ARE FROM MMPR.

We have the Dragon Zord, the Red Thunder DragonZord, Titanus, The Tiger Zord, and the SPD Delta Command Crawler

So TWO Tommy's and TWO Jason's. (And Kruger)

Holy poo poo this is great. I am shocked that all of the actual Megazords got knocked out.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
To be fair, the title is misleading. This was Zord madness, no Mega, so of course individual zords get the advantage over a car that's an arm of a megazord.

MMPR stuff getting this far is bullshit tho, Quantum Rex should be there.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

To be fair, the title is misleading. This was Zord madness, no Mega, so of course individual zords get the advantage over a car that's an arm of a megazord.

MMPR stuff getting this far is bullshit tho, Quantum Rex should be there.

To be fair, they have three seasons worth of Zords to use whereas every other series gets the one.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Variblune or bust. :colbert:

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I got my Dairanger DVDs

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Dr Tran posted:

I got my Dairanger DVDs

Me too, lemme crosspost my really quick review from the Toku thread:

jivjov posted:

Got my Dairanger set today; its pretty much exactly the same as the Zyuranger set in terms of quality and presentation.

Minor differences: instead of the OP over the main menu and the ED over the Episode Select, the Dairanger set has the ED over the main and silence on the Episode Select.

First episode leads up with what I assume is the preview for Dairanger that would have aired after the final episode of Zyuranger. Cute to see.

Also, there's no bonus features of any kind. The Zyuranger set had a couple...but this one is just 5 episodes per disc, 10 discs total. I was hoping for at least a little featurette of what from Dairanger got taken for MMPR Season 2, but oh well.

Incidentally, the plastic case of my set suffered a bit in the post..if anyone knows a good source for the same type of DVD case, let me know. I checked amazon, but nothing seemed to quite match, and since the episode list is printed on the inside of the case sleeve, having everything line up the same is kinda important.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Dragonzord is cool independent of Tommy, it's pretty much a bulkier Mecha Godzilla and it owns.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The rumor regarding Power Rangers moving to Netflix after Dino Charge has been confirmed as fake.

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/power-rangers/250290/power-rangers-is-not-moving-to-netflix

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
...Huh, nevermind all that then. Apologies for jumping the gun there.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Astro Nut posted:

...Huh, nevermind all that then. Apologies for jumping the gun there.

Yeah Collider as I understand it isn't really that reputable of a source. Most likely we won't know what's really happening after Dino Charge until some time next year.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
So I finally got caught up on Dino Charge and I have to say this is a really good season. The later episodes have Tyler with a bit more personality which is nice, but there still isn't much at all to Riley's character.

I'm curious why they had Purple the way he was. Considering the Sentai footage, I thought they'd just go the route of him getting way into fighting but then realize "I'm getting too old for this poo poo" and giving up the Energem. Then they just didn't use any Sentai footage and made him scared of monsters. I wonder if they were worried that saying someone is "too old" to be a Ranger might cause some people to get upset.

I'm still going to bet on Tyler's dad being Silver, I guess Keeper COULD become Silver but it seems pretty unlikely.

I'm guessing now that they've introduced Graphite and Purple, the reason they skipped Cyan is so they can use the footage from the last episodes of Kyoryuger and are making it so Aqua was always a woman, which wouldn't have been possible if they'd used Spirit Cyan's footage. Given that Purple already has the situation of "started out as a guy then became a woman" it makes sense they wouldn't want to do that for Aqua too. I also feel like they probably won't explain the brown chest sash on Graphite and are hoping people won't notice...and they're probably right, I know I never noticed the Spirit Kyoryugers had brown chest sashes as opposed to yellow until somebody pointed it out halfway through the series.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I didn't notice the brown sash at all either until you posted about it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I didn't notice the brown sash at all either until you posted about it.

As soon as they pass on the powers to Nossan's sister and Tessai's identical great great great grand-twin, they get the regular sashes.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Wait wait wait.

Are they seriously calling Gray Graphite? :psyduck:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Guess they couldn't describe what spelling of grey to use.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Going for a mineral theme with Silver probably.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Cernunnos posted:

Wait wait wait.

Are they seriously calling Gray Graphite? :psyduck:

Graphite sounds cooler than gray. They could've used iron or steel instead so idk what they were thinking

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Going for a mineral theme with Silver probably.

Yeah but Aqua and Purple aren't minerals, if they were going for that it should've been Opal and Amethyst or something.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Oh man, the purple zord is pretty nice, it's a cool water-based zord, it'll probably be a kickass arm. :allears:

:stare: oh it flies. oh it has laser eye beams. oh it can go to space. oh it's a one-zord megazord. :stare: that was pretty hardcore

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Oh man, the purple zord is pretty nice, it's a cool water-based zord, it'll probably be a kickass arm. :allears:

:stare: oh it flies. oh it has laser eye beams. oh it can go to space. oh it's a one-zord megazord. :stare: that was pretty hardcore

Pleizuon or however it's spelled is the best.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Indeed. Despite not finishing Kyoryuger, Plezuon truly is the best. Wouldn't you want your own literal ROCKET DINOSAUR that becomes a GIANT FUCKOFF MECH all on it's own?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

By the end of Kyoryuger, they could field 4 or 5 full mecha iirc.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Xelkelvos posted:

By the end of Kyoryuger, they could field 4 or 5 full mecha iirc.

Five. Kyoryuzin, Pteraidenoh, Plezuoh, Bragioh and Spinodaioh.

Sadly we got them using all of them only once, because man, having an entire Sentai out of robots is pretty cool.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Blaze Dragon posted:

having an entire Sentai out of robots is pretty cool.

Go-Onger had 5 as well. Boukenger could do 5. After Kakuranger, I'm at a loss.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Dr Tran posted:

Go-Onger had 5 as well. Boukenger could do 5. After Kakuranger, I'm at a loss.

Go-Onger only had 4 (No I'm not forgetting the movie mecha, but they weren't available to the heroes in the series)

Boukenger only had 3.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Five. Kyoryuzin, Pteraidenoh, Plezuoh, Bragioh and Spinodaioh.

Sadly we got them using all of them only once, because man, having an entire Sentai out of robots is pretty cool.

Forgot about Spinodaioh because he came from a movie but did show up a few times in the series.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

mateo360 posted:

Go-Onger only had 4 (No I'm not forgetting the movie mecha, but they weren't available to the heroes in the series)

Boukenger only had 3.

Engine-Oh G12 was made up of 4 robots, plus they had GoRoader. 6 if you count the summer movie repaint.

Boukenger had DaiBouken, DaiTanken, Siren Builder, DaiVoyager and Zuban.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Xelkelvos posted:

Forgot about Spinodaioh because he came from a movie but did show up a few times in the series.

Wonder how they'll explain him in Dino Charge

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

drrockso20 posted:

Wonder how they'll explain him in Dino Charge

They'll probably do something with the movie footage to help that out.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Cernunnos posted:

They'll probably do something with the movie footage to help that out.

From what I hear, they're going to use DeathRyuger/KyoryuNavy somehow as the "Talon Ranger". How he's going to work when the show has stated repeatedly there are only 10 Energems remains to be seen.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Larryb posted:

From what I hear, they're going to use DeathRyuger/KyoryuNavy somehow as the "Talon Ranger". How he's going to work when the show has stated repeatedly there are only 10 Energems remains to be seen.

A secret 11th, or a 10th of the power siphoned off from the "real" 10, or he has some other transform-y gimmick, or they won't even address it at all.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

My guess is they're not adapting the movie stuff at all and DeathRyuger/Spinodaioh won't be mentioned. The only times Spinodaioh showed up in the series were in the movie tie-in episode (easily skipped) and in the final battle. But since they made Sledge, they probably won't use any of the mech footage from the final episode and thus they can skip that too.

EDIT: I should mention the "Ultimate Dino Charge Collection" I saw at Toys R Us which seems to have every battery from the series didn't have a 00 battery. Since it had batteries for other things that haven't yet been introduced such as the Super Charger (Carnival) and Victory/X Chargers, the lack of a 00 battery seems to be pretty telling.

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Nov 24, 2015

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I saw that the other day, and while I don't like the batteries, it was a pretty great looking set inside the box.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
I don't think they'll miss an opportunity to include:

- an evil ranger
- a fifth Megazord, and most importantly
- an opportunity to sell another toy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

JT Smiley posted:

I saw that the other day, and while I don't like the batteries, it was a pretty great looking set inside the box.

Yeah it's also nice to give people the opportunity to get all the batteries if they don't want to buy the Zords.

Also the Dino Zord Mega Pack has a weird US original Zord in it too. I know that US only Zord toys are nothing new but it's still odd to me.

SKY COQ posted:

I don't think they'll miss an opportunity to include:

- an evil ranger
- a fifth Megazord, and most importantly
- an opportunity to sell another toy

Yeah I could be wrong and they'll adapt it anyway, people definitely seem to be convinced the Talon Ranger is a thing so maybe there's actual solid evidence that it's going to happen that I haven't seen. If they do introduce him then it's pretty obvious that his Energem will be a fake one that Wrench created or something, not sure how they'll explain Spinodaioh but I guess they've got it figured out.