Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

THE WULGE does realize that the government knows how to get around FOIA requests, right?

Like, data about privately-held companies is typically unavailable for FOIA requests because in order to get that data, one of two things happen:

1) In providing the data, the government guarantees to make it unavailable for FOIA requests because this would be a really easy way to get a competitor's financials.
2) The company ignores it, is charged some minor fee that most write off as the cost of doing business, and the world keeps spinning.

I used to intern at Commerce, so I'm somewhat familiar with guarantees like #1.

This is not even touching the fact that I'm willing to bet the company is headquartered in a country with extremely lax corporate reporting laws, which would therefore make the data non-existent.

EDIT: Blerp. I guess it's in relation to the lawsuit? But why the hell would any government agency make available data related to an ongoing investigation?

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Nov 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

...and Seraph is banned again.

A recap for anyone who missed this before:

Chocobo posted:

Did the news that Seraph84 literally raped an 11 year old relative multiple times ever make it to this thread? I feel like everyone should know that so that he doesn't come back again.

theultimo posted:

Filtered due to identity protection but

Sexual Conduct-2nd: Actor >17 Two Or More Acts On Child < 13  Victim Sex/Age Female, 11 Years Relationship to Victim Non-Stranger Probation: 10 Year(s) 

Come back Krazy Karl, all is forgiven.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

skaboomizzy posted:

I didn't buy spaceship .jpgs, but I have a cat. I adopted him in July.

Here is Oscar ready to dart to the window and stare something to death:

And here he is the other 18 hours of the day:

This is a v.good and chill catte.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

LuiCypher posted:

EDIT: Blerp. I guess it's in relation to the lawsuit? But why the hell would any government agency make available data related to an ongoing investigation?

ummm... if a company is under an ongoing investigation, the government will not give you said information under the FOIA.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
http://www.justice.gov/oip/foia-guide-2004-edition-exemption-7a

Geguri Gegogi
Oct 13, 2010
Battlecruiser? More like Battleloser heh, amirite? ;)

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Infinium Strike is now yet another space game developed during the Star Citizen debacle that exists and you can play. Currently in free open beta.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Geguri Gegogi posted:

:chanpop:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

For a group of people seemingly so convinced of the superiority of their game of jpegs and dreams, the Star Citizen faithful sure do spend a lot of time worrying about what the good Dr Smart is doing. One might see that as a sign of a lack of confidence in their Lord and Saviour Christ Robbers.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Geguri Gegogi posted:

:thurman:

Oh man get that on a t shirt or something for mad e cred

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
World of Warcrap

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
lol battle-loser, that's some pretty goon level humour right there. I think Wulf has been staring into the abyss for a little bit too long.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Wookie Bouquet posted:

"Hey honey, oh no I ironically spent our mortgage on jpegs!"

pffft, I was PAAAAARPing before it was even cool

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

alphabettitouretti posted:

Oh good Seraph84 is back.

Before, your love of bitcoin and attraction to 15 year olds was a tragic joke, now that we know you are a literal child fucker any remaining funny is gone.

I humbly disagree.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Gentlemen, behold - my PARP generator machine is ready and operational

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4ph-h7l_aM

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

duck monster posted:

pffft, I was PAAAAARPing before it was even cool

Show us your paaaaaaarp face :gary:

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

peter gabriel posted:

That's a really powerful :gary:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

MeLKoR posted:

I humbly disagree.

Probated in life, probated on the forum.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Cat is not happy with my refusal to hand over the ham.
Dog is upset that he cannot sit on my knee as well.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

LCL-Dead posted:

If I were you I'd be handing the ham over :ohdear:

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

a wicked PARP :yarg:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

peter gabriel posted:

World of Warcrap

Star poo pooizen

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

LCL-Dead posted:

Has your cat not learnt the trick of placing themselves between you and the food so that you are shocked by the sudden appearance of their crusty buttonhole in your face giving them an opportunity to steal something.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Wait, seraph is an actual molester? I thought the jailbait poo poo was just his fetish/posting gimmick. :cripes:

e: Apparently I got Lipstick Apathy.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

2DCAT posted:

ummm... if a company is under an ongoing investigation, the government will not give you said information under the FOIA.

Which is pretty much my point exactly. The WULGE is pointing to his letter like a "he he he Mr. Smart is Mr. Wrong" sort of moment, but like I said - FOIA exemptions are easy to come by in government, and it's no surprise that his request turned up nothing on an investigation because that's the way it's supposed to work.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
yeah how has Aatrek been run into the ground but this guy I've only a vague recollection of ever hearing about

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sarsapariller posted:

Star poo pooizen

:lol:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Vire posted:

just don't be karl.

I'm really far behind but this is such fantastic life advice I had to quote it.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

alphabettitouretti posted:

Has your cat not learnt the trick of placing themselves between you and the food so that you are shocked by the sudden appearance of their crusty buttonhole in your face giving them an opportunity to steal something.

My cat loves to wait until I put mustard on something and sit down to eat, then she suddenly walks across my knees and puts her tail into the mustard. Then I have to hunt her across my apartment to clean her tail before she can smear mustard over something important.

Slowly I'm starting to think she does this on purpose, the little rascal. :3:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I doubt FTC would go after CIG since they're still showing "progress" every now and then, and also issuing refunds now, but yeah, if they were investigating, lmbo if you think they'd actually release any data.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Wing CommanDUH

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
:gary: Commander

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Libluini posted:

My cat loves to wait until I put mustard on something and sit down to eat, then she suddenly walks across my knees and puts her tail into the mustard. Then I have to hunt her across my apartment to clean her tail before she can smear mustard over something important.

Slowly I'm starting to think she does this on purpose, the little rascal. :3:

I had to ban all animals from the studio when I'm painting for just that reason.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Quit painting with mustard dude

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

peter gabriel posted:

Quit painting with mustard dude

but its a good yellow.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, you should paint with good smelling food.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SneakyFrog posted:

but its a good yellow.

And you are the porkmaster
I'll bow out

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Or spice up the room, your call

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
and tasty when you sharpen the brush..

or if you just paint with bratwurst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Truga posted:

Yeah, you should paint with good smelling food.

I paint all my portraits using the finest custard

• Locked thread