Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Dangerous Person posted:

I'm making my way through the Hero Association vs the Monster Association and holy poo poo I can't wait to see the redraw of this whole thing

Yeah, the redraw is going to be so incredible. I've been looking forward to it for ages, Murata cannot finish the Garou arc soon enough.

AND THEN COMES THE ANIME :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's the new chapter translated:

Edit: It's up on batoto - http://bato.to/reader#5e0b81899cbd0852

That ending was great.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Nov 3, 2015

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Possibly the best single chapter on this whole series.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Yep. It's basically perfect in every way.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

feather seems pretty legit

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

:arghfist: drat you Saitamaaaaaaa

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh my god sonic

sonic please

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Looks like Sonic is blasting off again!

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Pissed off Metal Bat slayed me. This is the best thing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I wonder how many standard delinquent softening traits he has?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Serious Frolicking posted:

It should be obvious he has them ALL.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol at all of that

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's no to be continued either, so we'll probably get one or two pages added at some point soonish before a break.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Serious Frolicking posted:

He probably started at none and then went up a rank every time he saved a schoolgirl from other delinquents or picked up a stray cat

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGmUsJvRv7U

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
If this comic just becomes Saitama and Tatsumaki solving all the world's problems in passing while they're bickering, I would be ok with that.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

AnonSpore posted:

He probably started at none and then went up a rank every time he saved a schoolgirl from other delinquents or picked up a stray cat
But he has his little sister and her piano recital!

He probably also has a caring mother who he acts cold towards, but secretly couldn't live without.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
This is definitely my favorite thing I've read since I finished Goodnight Pun Pun. ONE is an excellent writer.

EDIT: The part that made me post this is King standing up to the Monster Association by himself. :allears:

Dangerous Person fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Nov 4, 2015

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The entire Garou arc is perfection. I hope the redraw doesn't change a single thing once the fight at the Monster Association HQ starts, because while the filler is fun so far, I don't think they should add or change anything about it at that point.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

mabels big day posted:

The entire Garou arc is perfection. I hope the redraw doesn't change a single thing once the fight at the Monster Association HQ starts, because while the filler is fun so far, I don't think they should add or change anything about it at that point.

Agreed. I just did a re-read of the entire Garou arc and I actually understand entirely why Murata is adding what he is. The pacing is really abrupt - he goes from an up and comer, to the Tank Top Master fight, and then skips to "I've defeated 20 A-Class heroes already," where he gets ambushed by Bang + Genos all at once. Adding more to the story between "Garou starts his hero hunt" and "Garou ends his hero hunt" is a good call and adds a lot.

But once we hit the Monster Association, the most I want changed is maybe showing a little bit more of some of the earlier fights. There's a part where Zombie Man spends 30 minutes fighting a single enemy, and then we jump to "while that was happening, half the heroes won their fights and the other half lost their fights." A little more could be added there.

But as soon as that part's over, the road from there to the end is solid and perfect and I want nothing of the redraw except for it to happen. ESPECIALLY the part where King makes his stand.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I just want to see more Pig God, because he is the most dedicated hero we've seen.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Zombie Man is really loving cool when you think about it

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Zombieman and Pig God are two of the most unambiguously heroic characters in the series, they actually both rule

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Zombieman and Pig God are two of the most unambiguously heroic characters in the series, they actually both rule

pig god is also easy to identify with cause i look just like him

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

mabels big day posted:

You know the gif that ONE did?

Murata's gonna make a whole anime with original score and professional voice acting for that part

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I love the complete 180 of Pig God being the most visually obvious "well of course the HA is corrupt and lovely" to the reveal of him being the one that takes the job seriously.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Rodyle posted:

I love the complete 180 of Pig God being the most visually obvious "well of course the HA is corrupt and lovely" to the reveal of him being the one that takes the job seriously.

All S class heroes take it pretty seriously (even king, HIS MERE PRESENCE CAN DEFEAT A DISASTER CLASS DEMON) After all the were originally C class for simply not playing the corrupt politics game and actually fighting until people realized how stupidly powerful they were for all the "bad attitude" that they had.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
A bunch of them take the job seriously. Master Bang is working hard to ensure there will be heroes after he retires, zombie man's a bit self absorbed in his backstory but is a traditionally heroic guy, Metal Bat looks mean but cares deeply about his sister and (apparently) his cat, Child Emperor spends all his time making devices to help hunt monsters, and so on and so forth. Hell, Common Rider is in the Hero Association and is the best hero you could hope for.

Then you have all the heroes who are teetering on the edge of heroism and narcissism, like Genos, King, Fubuki, Superalloy Darkshine, and Pri-Pri Prisoner, who could all wind up total shitbags or noble heroes, based on who they wind up listening to. And then there's plenty of bad influences, like Tank Top Master who leads a small army of superpowered shitbags, Dr. Bofoy who has absolutely no interest in human life, or Handsomly Masked Sweet Mask who uses his position as the most popular and influential hero to tell all the other heroes to never show mercy or understanding in any situation.

Even in the executive side of things, you have executives who are proactively working to leverage their assets to perform best practices heroic deployment, and executives who like to spend their afternoons coming up with sick rad superhero names.

The Hero Association isn't corrupt to the core; it just needs a great hero to redeem it.

KoB
May 1, 2009
The Tank tops are frequently dumb bullies buy TT Master seems like a good dude.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

King isn't teetering on the edge of narcissism, he knows the score. He's just a scary looking motherfucker and too timid to correct anybody on their assumptions.

...oh my god King is literally just the main character of Angel Densetsu

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Goddammit I'm all caught up. This is a good fight though.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Shugojin posted:

King isn't teetering on the edge of narcissism, he knows the score. He's just a scary looking motherfucker and too timid to correct anybody on their assumptions.

Not anymore he isn't. At first he let people project their hopes and dreams on him because of his timidity, and then when the lives of dozens of people were hinging on his decisions he ran away and left them to die, instead of, say, calling another S-rank hero on the phone and asking them to step in so the robot wouldn't collect his battle data or something. Don't forget he was prepared to let a lot of people die rather than admit he wasn't the hero he was presenting himself as.

But later, he put his life on the line to protect his peers and a single innocent child. That wasn't something he was capable of before he met Saitama.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
You guys missed another real good S-class hero: Watchdog Man. He gives no fucks, just watchdog's his city real good.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
Honestly I just didn't think I knew enough about watchdog man to comment. Like, what's his deal?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mystic Mongol posted:

Honestly I just didn't think I knew enough about watchdog man to comment. Like, what's his deal?

He's a watchdog, man.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
It just occurred to me that since Sweet Mask is guarding the position of #1 A rank, and that since Saitama is in the A ranks now after the Garou arc, those two are eventually going to clash if Saitama keeps climbing the ranks and we'll likely see just what Sweet Mask's powers actually are. It impresses me how ONE manages to keep sliding all these plot threads in throughout to hook onto whenever he needs them.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Davinci posted:

It just occurred to me that since Sweet Mask is guarding the position of #1 A rank, and that since Saitama is in the A ranks now after the Garou arc, those two are eventually going to clash if Saitama keeps climbing the ranks and we'll likely see just what Sweet Mask's powers actually are. It impresses me how ONE manages to keep sliding all these plot threads in throughout to hook onto whenever he needs them.

Not that it likely won't happen anyways, but Sweet Mask could really easily just let Saitama sidestep him in the rankings. Fubuki showed up to intimidate Saitama, but nothing really came of that and now he's A rank anyways.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

TheKingofSprings posted:

Not that it likely won't happen anyways, but Sweet Mask could really easily just let Saitama sidestep him in the rankings. Fubuki showed up to intimidate Saitama, but nothing really came of that and now he's A rank anyways.

Well he sorta gained her respect before ascending to A-Rank IIRC. Sweet Mask, however, has some beef with Saitama with the whole letting Garou escape thing, along with being consulted about this sorta stuff with the ranks, so that could easily lead to a big conflict. Though it's hard to imagine that since we're literally in the middle of a Hero vs Hero fight that's leagues above what Sweet Mask should be able to dish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Sweet Mask is also totally aware of Saitama's power so it's not likely he'd pick a fight with him. Saitama might have to put him down for being completely crazy though.