Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

peter gabriel posted:

If Karl is wavering then we really are in an end game scenario

STAY ON TARGET KARL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

SneakyFrog posted:

Do you even play hockey yo? How is that cat not dead from hockey fumes?

Cats loving love stink either that or they would go after warmth at any cost. My cat loves to curl up in my armpits, kneepits or even face first into one of my running shoes after doing 3-4 miles.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

If Karl is wavering then we really are in an end game scenario

To be fair we probably broke him.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Cats loving love stink either that or they would go after warmth at any cost. My cat loves to curl up in my armpits, kneepits or even face first into one of my running shoes after doing 3-4 miles.

pls stop it with this fetish talk

Cpt Underpants
Nov 19, 2008

Simply Irresistible
Grimey Drawer

Agrajag posted:

BOOTCHA CAN I HAVE A T-SHIRT PRETTY PLEASE? I want something to commemorate this epic mess of "crowd funding". in the future I want to be able to point at something physical and tell my kids/grandkids that this happened in my life time

You can get many brilliant products celebrating the epic mess from the Goonrathi Redbubble store.

Some amazing pieces such as the Reconciliation of St Smart, Think Awful, and Dark Side of the Goon.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

AP posted:

To be fair we probably broke him.

He was broke many years ago I fear

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

So, in closing, it comes as no surprise to me that we have seen as of late the appearance of these articles from corrupted journalism outlets like The Escapist and Yahoo, trying to discredit and plant a bad seed within the community. Trying to bring down the project. Who do you think funds these publications? Do you think they get their money solely from advertising? They are pens for hire my friends, willing to push the agenda of the highest bidder. All the media operates this way.

Think about it, and take these articles with a grain of salt.

I'm just a lowly grunt so I don't even know who are the ones funding our smear campaign against Croberts, but seeing how well both D_Smart and Lowtax are getting paid for it, they must be some very rich and powerful people indeed. Star Citizen could have been a great game, but the forums are dying and we need the money so whatever I'll just play Elite instead.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I like Star Citizen now, I like everything about it, you guys can ask me anything and as a Star Citizen backer and fan I will answer honestly.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Cpt Underpants posted:

You can get many brilliant products celebrating the epic mess from the Goonrathi Redbubble store.

Some amazing pieces such as the Reconciliation of St Smart, Think Awful, and Dark Side of the Goon.

thank you. Without a commemorative T shirt this would feel less like the amazing rock festival than it has become

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

SneakyFrog posted:

thank you. Without a comemmorative T shirt this would feel less like the amazing rock festival than it has become

I got the LTI one because unlike SC that LTI is real and tangible and helps solve other wise painful consequences like hangovers. Plus Beer's beer label is legit good and I still want some of that brew.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Meta-Mollusk posted:

I'm just a lowly grunt so I don't even know who are the ones funding our smear campaign against Croberts, but seeing how well both D_Smart and Lowtax are getting paid for it, they must be some very rich and powerful people indeed. Star Citizen could have been a great game, but the forums are dying and we need the money so whatever I'll just play Elite instead.

You have that ice pop stick thing under your avatar, which means you are one of many people funding it.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

peter gabriel posted:

corrupted journalism outlets like The Escapist and Yahoo :argh:

I hate Yahoo, they're a bunch of, uh, uhm.... Yahoos?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

AP posted:

Even Karl's starting to wonder if his $5000+ is being wisely spent. Karl snap out of it and stop reading this thread it's making you lose faith. I'm sure your 5k is absolutely fine and being spent on a nice new metal desk for one of two coders at the new CIG LA Movie Studio.

Get a refund Karl, free yourself from the mental gymnastics needed to convince yourself that SC might come out and be worth five thousand American dollars + VAT

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

peter gabriel posted:

I like Star Citizen now, I like everything about it, you guys can ask me anything and as a Star Citizen backer and fan I will answer honestly.

Is Star Citizen a game?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Berious posted:

Get a refund Karl, free yourself from the mental gymnastics needed to convince yourself that SC might come out and be worth five thousand American dollars + VAT

Listen to this guy Karl - if the game turns out good, you can just buy the game at release! They don't need your money, your funds are going on some expensive floor tiles for the kitchen in their new offices. Get your money out before the whole thing comes crashing down.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Now you can make two poor choices at once! Thanks, CIG! :gary:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

peter gabriel posted:

What's your favourite level?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

alphabettitouretti posted:

I like bargaining

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Berious posted:

I like bargaining

is despair a level?

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

SneakyFrog posted:

Do you even play hockey yo? How is that cat not dead from hockey fumes?

Yes. Every Sunday. Finnegan isn't dead because my gear is clean. Either that, or because he's loving possessed and doesn't care.

Bootcha posted:

Cats love hockey stink. They rub that poo poo in their fur.

And then barf in the bag.

I knew I should never have told you about that. But I thought Finnegan was your favorite because of his fondness for my gear bag?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

fuzzknot posted:

Yes. Every Sunday. Finnegan isn't dead because my gear is clean. Either that, or because he's loving possessed and doesn't care.

I knew I should never have told you about that. But I thought Finnegan was your favorite because of his fondness for my gear bag?

Just curious. I hate washing my gear because all the drat velcro even in a mesh bag is a fuggin pain.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

The Kins posted:

Becoming a third-party performance capture vendor with all their insane equipment would probably be a pretty smart move - it's what the ARMA guys do! - but there isn't exactly a lack of motion capture vendors in California...

Well, you know what they say, fifth time lucky...?

Yeah, that's the thing. I don't understand how any backer could go 'Wow! Another mo-cap studio! Amazing! And their preview of 2.0 was a year old footage! See you in the 'verse!' You have to be mentally loving retarded to think everything is just fine and dandy.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

You have that ice pop stick thing under your avatar, which means you are one of many people funding it.

dear god what have i become

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Dapper Dan posted:

Yeah, that's the thing. I don't understand how any backer could go 'Wow! Another mo-cap studio! Amazing! And their preview of 2.0 was a year old footage! See you in the 'verse!' You have to be mentally loving retarded to think everything is just fine and dandy.

I like in the reddit thread they're giving CIG props for admitting it was reused prerenders after someone already called them out earlier.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Meta-Mollusk posted:

a funder of shitposters and jpegs.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Meta-Mollusk posted:

We're all in the same shameful boat.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Xaerael posted:

Actually, it's probably just distortion from the camera lens. Sorry to kill your fun. (unlike redditors who claim to be whatever is convenient at the time, I have degrees in both optics and photography, and the optics one had a minor specialization in distortions and aberrations.)

There is an elaborate Mom joke in all of this...

Ah found it:

Your MommaBen is so fat, she bends the light on all family pictures. :effort:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Hopper posted:

There is an elaborate Mom joke in all of this...

Ah found it:

Your MommaBen is so fat, she bends the light on all family pictures.

need to stick "gravitational lensing" in there somewhere. because :science:

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Berious posted:

I like in the reddit thread they're giving CIG props for admitting it was reused prerenders after someone already called them out earlier.

Someone said that it doesn't matter that the "sneak peek" was a year old (and rendered) because it said "previs."

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

SneakyFrog posted:

need to stick "gravitational lensing" in there somewhere. because :science:
It's "gravitational lesnick".

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

The new Dead Space game is looking really good.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Berious posted:

Yup, mentally loving retarded. Going on three years and no gameplay but pre-rendered poo poo from a year ago. These people are getting what they deserve, honestly. If you can't hold them to task for not showing anything this far out you are hopeless.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Xaerael posted:

Is Star Citizen a game?

Yes! It is excellent

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

alphabettitouretti posted:

Ladders

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
My latest Lets Play is up looking at ship exploration and professions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_wHN3KXJik

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

peter gabriel posted:

My latest Lets Play is up looking at ship exploration and professions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_wHN3KXJik

peter.

"This video contains content from UMG_MK. It is not available in your country."

I am sad peter.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
I'm very sympathetic to the idea that the scope increased so there are clearly going to be delays but what is the excuse for the FPS module taking so long to get crosshairs right? In Cryengine? The only thing that I can think of, is that the game is being mismanaged to hell and back. Chris Roberts didn't learn his lesson and the game is suffering severely for it. I was skeptical of all the naysayers, but the only action that made any sense was getting a refund and re-buying if it actually comes out. Karl! Join us! You're a bit weird but so are most of us. Getting a refund will send a serious message and if it does actually launch most goons will be happy to do stuff with you to pay for your insurance.

Gentleman Baller fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Nov 6, 2015

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SneakyFrog posted:

peter.

I am sad peter.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

peter gabriel posted:

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

I DONT KNOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

SneakyFrog posted:

peter.

I am sad peter.

I can watch it on youtube in Germany, which is weird because we are the first ones to have stuff banned usually.

Also: nice PAAAAAARPing at the end

• Locked thread