Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I am re uploading with different ambient sounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
For Sale By Owner - A Metaphor

quote:

"The pictures detail everything that's been accomplished to date. It comes complete with all of the parts necessary to cross the finish line. Unfortunately, I have no more time to dedicate to this project. All of the hard work is done. Frame, body mounting, door assembly, and interior fitting are the hardest tasks with these builds. It needs electrical, mechanical, upholstery, body work, and paint."
This is, in spirit, going to be Chris Roberts' sales pitch to Electronic Arts.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

My latest Lets Play is up looking at ship exploration and professions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_wHN3KXJik

That ending :vince:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Ladders is good but it's a letdown after the highs of Wonky Buggy Smash-Smash.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
Yahoo has weighed in. Shitizens don't like it but now the main stream press is catching on. (Yes Yahoo is mainstream now. Old people read it.)

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/the-most-ambitious-space-game-in-history-has-raised--94-million--so-where-is-it-213831707.html?nf=1

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwFkyFX7LIg

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

So, I just had an in-shower eureka moment.

What if all these mo-cap studios and poo poo are all so crobborts can make SC the most elaborate and realistic Sewer Shark remake ever.

Think about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A35QKz6cFJw

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Thank you peter.

Some good explorational army moves and professions review there.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Nice tribute to an rip legend there too.

This game has everything, brb fetching my credit card.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

It's okay. Next time you'll get to juggling your helmet.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Shitizens are going to kick off big time about this.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

alphabettitouretti posted:

Shitizens are going to kick off big time about this.

I like how incredulous they are about the price of jpegs. We're used to it now so it's good to see a fresh perspective.

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy

holy poo poo yes

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I have created and am uploading the second lets play.
You have to keep in mind, these are the gameplay vids as they happen, no searching for bugs etc, it's just what it is.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tJPuP282eo

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

If they'd shown this in their stupid preview video nobody would be complaining. Top quality video would get deafened by airhorn again.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Jethro_E7 posted:

Your leaving will be a devastating loss to Cutlass owners in particular.
Don't forget to leave a kind parting message, will you?

I doubt anyone will care that much, but I did chuck a goodbye in there. They're good people.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Do you think it was good game design to have the "Yes" button to confirm "Exit Game" on the right?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Do you think it was good game design to have the "Yes" button to confirm "Exit Game" on the right?

I think it's all brilliant and I wouldn't change a thing

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

good race. it was close at the end.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
I'm still catching up, so if the following retreads ground, I apologize.

If CIG folds, I expect that the mocap studio/custom office space will be sold to another company probably owned by one of the principals here; maybe CR himself, but more likely Ortwin, Erin, or one of the others. Given that refunds are being paid out of any number of companies, it's possible, if not probable, that the cash for the transaction will actually be backer funds. These funds will then be used to pay off creditors; the debts were likely taken to fund the game, while at least part of the cash probably stood as collateral -- of course, non-cash assets might have been used for collateral as well, leaving CR & co. with the liquidity they needed to fund a lavish lifestyle and try to wriggle their way back into Hollywood.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SneakyFrog posted:

good race. it was close at the end.

I sharted

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

peter gabriel posted:

I think it's all brilliant and I wouldn't change a thing

Have they implemented alt+f4 for the busy "on the go" quitter that doesn't have time to go through the lengthy process of clicking "yes"?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I have found a thing that I don't even know wtf, should I upload a vid? it isn't very exciting

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Chalks posted:

Have they implemented alt+f4 for the busy "on the go" quitter that doesn't have time to go through the lengthy process of clicking "yes"?

I am unsure, I prefer to use the correct protocol for exiting the Verse as laid out in the manual PDF and extensive lore

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Most popular post in r/StarCitizen is moaning that CIG isn't getting 100% sloppy blowjobs from the press.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3rqz64/my_editorial_why_cant_we_talk_about_star_citizen/

Most popular explanation is evil publishers are paying off games sites to rubbish Star Citizen in case it makes their games look bad.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

peter gabriel posted:

I have found a thing that I don't even know wtf, should I upload a vid? it isn't very exciting

Is is more or less exciting than watching several people on a dev team talking about a game we know they aren't actually making?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

peter gabriel posted:

I am unsure, I prefer to use the correct protocol for exiting the Verse as laid out in the manual PDF and extensive lore

I understand, I admire your dedication to the purity of the 'Verse.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

What is even happening? Is this game less playable than Line of Defence?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Dapper Dan posted:

Hahaha, holy gently caress they did:

http://imperialnews.network/2015/02/inside-cig-imaginarium/

This is their fourth foray into motion capture. For a space ship simulator. Four motion capture studios. For a space ship simulator. Four. What the loving gently caress, I think this broke my loving brain.
star citizen owns

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Can someone post a video where real people do what PG tried to accomplish and do not fail?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Paladinus posted:

What is even happening? Is this game less playable than Line of Defence?

Well, Line of Defence has menus that I can't get past and doors I can't open so it's about the same

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
All of their mocap studio coverage is going to make an excellent addition to the Croberts coke fuelled Escapist rant as links to send them when they ask what prompted a refund request.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

RedTonic posted:

I'm still catching up, so if the following retreads ground, I apologize.

If CIG folds, I expect that the mocap studio/custom office space will be sold to another company probably owned by one of the principals here; maybe CR himself, but more likely Ortwin, Erin, or one of the others. Given that refunds are being paid out of any number of companies, it's possible, if not probable, that the cash for the transaction will actually be backer funds. These funds will then be used to pay off creditors; the debts were likely taken to fund the game, while at least part of the cash probably stood as collateral -- of course, non-cash assets might have been used for collateral as well, leaving CR & co. with the liquidity they needed to fund a lavish lifestyle and try to wriggle their way back into Hollywood.

They're blowing your spaceship dollars on movie equipment, they're going to make a blockbuster hit to raise enough money for Star Citizen

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

SelenicMartian posted:

It's "gravitational lesnick".

At the centre of him there's a black hole trying to consume everything in the surrounding area... Might take a while though.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

G0RF posted:

Beer--

Could we crowdfund a new custom brew from you-- maybe called "Bitter Tears" or some crap. I would pay good money to have a six bottles of that on hand for the day this finally implodes. I have a couple of friends who are going to need some-- and the higher the ABV, the better.

(I'm 100% serious- and would pledge decent money to that endeavor if you could find it in your heart to concoct it.)

This sounds hilarious. What kind of beer would it be?

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

This. Look at this. All that motion cap and what it currently looks like is the top left screenshot.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's all beers.

Just give us periodic updates about how the brewing is going and let us know that another batch opened up now and then if we want to order some more.

Maybe some label jpgs.

edit: see this is a joke about star citizen development

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

SneakyFrog posted:

Just curious. I hate washing my gear because all the drat velcro even in a mesh bag is a fuggin pain.

To clarify, I'm in Learn to Play and should be ready for real hockey in the spring. Bootcha is the real hockey player. His gear does not smell so fresh. :(

I keep the velcro stuff closed so it can't get all twisted and crazy in the wash. I keep my hockey pants tied shut when washing them for the same reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Flemish Sour

e: Royal Stout Imperial? :D

• Locked thread