Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Who are twin bros?

Edit: can someone post what they used to get a refund processed. I think it is time to remove my 1000 dollar mark of shame.

neonbregna fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

neonbregna posted:

Who are twin bros?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

neonbregna posted:

Who are twin bros?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba9k5SWwE38

You better bet your money, these two brothers know how to handle business!

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

neonbregna posted:

Who are twin bros?

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Chris Roberts can I have a face ship?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

I'm the forearm preventing unauthorized use of NFL trademarks

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

neonbregna posted:

Who are twin bros?

SeraphEightyFour
Nov 6, 2015

by Cowcaster

AP posted:

Karl you can come back and post now as things can't get any worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XZMnlHJbiw

Wulf Knight has a bad day

Surprise!

Baby PU is born

All aboard the Dream Bus!

When Wulf met Derek

Derek Smart Hatemail

Vengeance of the Goons

Hows Star Marine coming along?

A matter of moderation

A Forum for Boys

Nazi Mods

Non-consensual PvP

But I did not kill the deputy

A Reasonable Solution

The r/StarCitizen Hivemind has a pleasant dream

A minor PR problem

Lovingly handcrafted artisan posts

The Show Must Go On!

A Social Module is born!

This game sucks.

SeraphEightyFour fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Nov 6, 2015

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

sane

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
Jesus loving christ.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
:gary:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Try not to gently caress any kids on your way to the leper colony.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

whatever that was almost broke my computer and i didn't read it

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
mon dieu.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

lmao what the gently caress

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Differo Cathedra posted:

Yeah, thanks OhDearGodNo. Effortposts like yours makes reading this thread bearable in these parping times.

I do what I can! (I'm off work today and to be honest I really love my job and wish I were there. So this is a good way to kill time)

I should point out that this is really CIG's 4.5 Iteration of MOCAP.

MOCAP Iteration 1 2013-2014: Austin MOCAP studio. There are essentially three levels of mocap: body and motion movement capture, facial capture and then full performance capture which combines the two. In body capture, we record movements. In facial capture, nuanced facial expressions (including lips, to match voice actors.) The third captures all of this at once to make for the best possible high end performance....What we want to do is build our own studio. We want to dedicate an area for mocap and purchase our own mocap system outright. It would cost more than we have currently budgeted for mocap leasing to do this to start… but the result would improve the game significantly. With our own mocap system we could generate cutscenes and moves as we determine they are needed, which will be especially valuable for the Star Citizen live team charged with feeding the game constant content! It’s even conceivable that we could rent it out when not in use, ultimately funneling more money into Star Citizen’s development!...Vicon offers the latest in Motion capture technology. The Cameras shoot at over 120fps and can capture large volumes with multiple actors. The cameras also have a high resolution. This means we can use smaller markers and small markers produces more accurate data. The Vicon Solution also works with FaceWare Head cams. The same technology used in movies like Avatar.

They not only bought temporary equipment, but used Optitrack- this is not cheap stuff. They have 20 Prime 41's in the video (and that's only 1 wall) [url=(which is $125,872 just for the cameras.. The video from CIG shows at least 50 41's, if not more.

To quote the video, "The benefit of having our own studio is not having to rely on other studios to do our work. It allows us to continually update the game without having to spend massive amounts of money. We can do it all in-house"

MOCAP Iteration 2, Winter-Spring 2015: CIG rents The Imaginarium. They do full body motion capture and performance capture as indicated here. Mind you, the original CIG-owned studio was supposed to do motion AND face, and they bought not only the equipment but the space to do it.

MOCAP Iteration 3, Spring-Summer 2015: CIG outsources to 3lateral based in CA to do facial animation.

MOCAP Iteration 3.5, August-September 2015: CIG now decides to use Cubic Motion, where Simon Elms is the CFO. As stated in this letter, the Farrari level equipment from 2013 was no longer good enough. Chris goes on to describe that "We are using the next level in performance capture, which is both motion and facial capture, allowing us to capture even the subtlest looks or moments. Every scene we capture we have between 1 and 3 cameras on every actors face, plus 50 cameras capturing their moves. This technology, combined with next generation character and facial rigs."

MOCAP Iteration 4.5, Fall 2015: CIG either moves the Austin MOCAP to Santa Monica, or another studio is being built. What will remain to be seen is what equipment is purchased.

OhDearGodNo fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Nov 6, 2015

JazzPaws
Aug 10, 2014

- Ponzi Scheme Survivor -
Has Disco Lando's "dream job" at CIIG (Chapter 11 Games) is fast tracking into a nightmare? these are the things I ponder..

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Go big or go home for that :10bux: jfc

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Differo Cathedra posted:

Is there more to this cosplay story?

It was an absolute loving cringefest put on by Skeletor and Gravitational Lensnick at Gamescom 2015.

Gamescom 2015

If you can watch that without tearing your god drat eyeballs out, you have nerves made out of the hardest fake metal CIG is thinking about maybe prototyping in the fake game they're considering.

Turns out the strategy of "doing a bunch of blow and winging it" doesn't pay off when you have to speak in front of 1000's of people. I mean, LOOK how loving CRANKED she is on backer-funded yayo. Looks like Ben did about a key but yeah that didn't even make a dent.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
:wtc: seek help

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

My god how much effort got put into that terrible post?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Chalks posted:

My god how much effort got put into that terrible post?

too much for something even i aint crazy enough to possibly infect my brain with.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Moogle posted:

Jesus loving christ.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

My computer can't load that entire post so I think that's a good thing?

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

SeraphEightyFour posted:

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Oh cool a page of electric retard edits.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
How much of the DB3 server replacement fund is going to be donated by Seraph and/or people pretending to be Seraph? Thank you Seraph

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
someone post something rude about star citizen or a cat

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

this thread is something

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Hahaha, Star Citizens are the dumbest motherfuckers. I bet Seraph sends his erotic fan fiction to CIG starring him and CRoberts. Along with soggy hundred dollar bills and is angry we are mocking the mushmouth failure of his obession.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Jeez Seraph is having less effort every time :(

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
well if he's going to channel sigvatr the next step is obviously to re-enact keyboard goop

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
SeraphEightyFour

Please seek help from a medical professional. Not joking.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Vire posted:

SeraphEightyFour

this but also not joking

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
Posting for a new page to happen

:gary:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Vire posted:

SeraphEightyFour

Also, please stop raping 11 year old relatives.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Vire posted:

SeraphEightyFour

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

damnit that image ruined my effortpost.

• Locked thread