Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I'd sock that good fer nuthin' dandy right in the kisser, you see? Get shorty on the horn and offer 'im some cabbage and hooch and he'll take 'im for a ride to the nearest clip joint. He'll show 'im a real ring a ding ding right before sendin' 'im to the nearest meat wagon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

And for only 1000$ pledged you too can spend 10 more dollars per shiny HID proxcard

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

People bitch about the movie but you really should read the books. It opens with L Ron bragging about how amazing a writer he his and what a feat writing this enormous tome would have been for any lesser man and then presents you with this feast of poo poo never ending childish power fantasy. loving Jonny Goodboy, a six year old wrote this poo poo..

e: Should I read Atlas Shrugged? I feel I should but I haven't been able to make myself do it.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Nov 6, 2015

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
"Reverse the Verse" is on-- very exciting!"

I'm going to just keep editing this with summary notes...

---

Alexis is being asked why the Concierge VIP cards are not customized. She says it's too hard but don't worry there will be customized dogtags -- Squadron 42 ones -- available for preorder in the new year.

So expect those to be delivered by Summer.

---

Oh and now they're explaining why the year-old Retaliator Escape Pod video was regurgitated for the Sneak Peek...

---

Now Ben is explaining they found a bunch of footage-- raw masters of excerpts from the Wing Commander movie -- and they will potentially be editing and releasing unseen footage for all those who loved the film.

---

Alexis is explaining that the VIP Concierge card's latin quote means "Faithful until death". Because they demand your permanent fealty, dammit.

---

Lando and Ben explain that the huge new office is technically not in Santa Monica-- it's in Los Angeles-- so this move is a cash saving move. Which, as we know, is a constant priority at CIG.

---

Now Ben and Lando are explaining what they needed a new Motion Cap studio.

---

"Why are they ignoring 2.0 related questions?" (Ask the fans.) Ben explains "It's at a point where there's not a lot to say about it. It's essentially content complete and is now in the long and boring QA review cycle."

G0RF fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Nov 6, 2015

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

LCL-Dead posted:

You should uh.. wash the sand out of your vagina then. Or are you willing to go on record saying you've never looked at an attractive woman (Yes, despite her ineptitude, I find Sandi attractive on some level) and thought about having sex with her?
huh

SeraphEightyFour posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XZMnlHJbiw

Wulf Knight has a bad day

Surprise!

Baby PU is born

All aboard the Dream Bus!

When Wulf met Derek

Derek Smart Hatemail

Vengeance of the Goons

Hows Star Marine coming along?

A matter of moderation

A Forum for Boys

Nazi Mods

Non-consensual PvP

But I did not kill the deputy

A Reasonable Solution

The r/StarCitizen Hivemind has a pleasant dream

A minor PR problem

Lovingly handcrafted artisan posts

The Show Must Go On!

A Social Module is born!

This game sucks.

yeah?

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Anyone figure out who that money guy is?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

theultimo posted:

Anyone figure out who that money guy is?
You mean token black guy?

They dragged him in front of the camera right after the accusations of racism surfaced. I remember someone saying he's a video editor or something like that.

e:morer

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

SeraphEightyFour posted:

Don't believe everything you read - especially in the 'Pos, especially when there's no evidence presented to back these slanderous claims. Men as attractive as me get our pick of the litter.

this thread is so good

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Omi-Polari posted:

Something is up.

lol at this point DS doesn't even have to put any effort to troll SC. It doesn't matter if no one contacts him, they have no way of knowing that and will become even more paranoid. And then there the "what is he cooking now?"

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

MeLKoR posted:

People bitch about the movie but you really should read the books. It opens with L Ron bragging about how amazing a writer he his and what a feat writing this enormous tome would have been for any lesser man and then presents you with this feast of poo poo never ending childish power fantasy. loving Jonny Goodboy, a six year old wrote this poo poo..

e: Should I read Atlas Shrugged? I feel I should but I haven't been able to make myself do it.

no. you shouldnt.

Its not worth it.

if you must, read the long rear end monologue.

even then dont.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

SneakyFrog posted:

no. you shouldnt.

Its not worth it.

if you must, read the long rear end monologue.

even then dont.

Just go to http://galtse.cx

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Which comedian was it with the bit about idiots having to wear a sign?

"Here's your card!" *audience laughs

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

xanif posted:

Yea, but it will still be our "fault."

CIG mishandling money, terrible hardware decisions, backwards progress, micro-management may all come to light but it will still be Derek Smart and his goon lackeys that are responsible for ruining the dream.

"CR just needed some more money and time! I know they were 3 years behind on development but you can't rush perfection! YOU ALL DID THIS!"

So what? Don't we usually take pride in being the villains? We're the heroes they deserve, not the heroes they needed. o7

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

G0RF posted:

Alexis is being asked why the Concierge VIP cards are not customized. She says it's too hard but don't worry there will be customized dogtags -- Squadron 42 ones -- available for preorder in the new year.

---

Oh and now they're explaining why the year-old Retaliator Escape Pod video was regurgitated for the Sneak Peek...

---

Now Ben is explaining they found a bunch of footage-- raw masters of excerpts from the Wing Commander movie -- and they will potentially be editing and releasing unseen footage for all those who loved the film.

---

Alexis is explaining that the VIP Concierge card's latin quote means "Faithful until death". Because they demand your permanent fealty, dammit.

they sure "find" a lot of stuff

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
"Remastered" wing commander movie sounds like the mocap studios are getting work?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3rsqze/is_that_sandi_starring_in_a_new_web_series_i/

Dolvak posted:

Not related to starcitizen. Removed.

people have lives man.

Well he's right, that it isn't in any way related to Star Citizen.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

theultimo posted:

"Remastered" wing commander movie sounds like the mocap studios are getting work?

Now with 10 extra seconds devoted to the bulldozer scene.

jesus that web series trailer looks like it was made by a middle schooler with expensive toys

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

But the card isn't black??? Did Sandi design this?

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Remastered Wing Commander? Why? It would be like producing a 4k print of troll 2. Or a monastically excellent calligraphic version of William Rees McGonagall's poems.

Real Edit: Also I'm pretty sure his middle name wasn't topaz. Though I could be wrong.

ShredsYouSay fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 6, 2015

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

:gary: :shobon: :yarg:

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

G0RF posted:

Man, these QA sessions sure are getting pretty desperate when they mostly consist of justifying things they hosed up in the last QA/marketing release.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Sorry Christ Roberts, Blizzard beat you to the movie biz

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2Rxoz13Bthc

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

lol im the backer funded film studio

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

SeraphEightyFour posted:

Don't believe everything you read

SeraphEightyFour posted:

there's no evidence presented to back these slanderous claims

SeraphEightyFour posted:

Men as attractive as me get our pick of the litter

SeraphEightyFour posted:

our pick of the litter

Please stop diddling little girls.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Alexis- "We are not making any money on the VIP Cards".

YOU MADE $1000 MINIMUM ON ANYONE WHO QUALIFIES FOR CONCIERGE STATUS.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

G0RF posted:

---

---

---

---

---

Lando and Ben explain that the huge new office is technically not in Santa Monica-- it's in Los Angeles-- so this move is a cash saving move. Which, as we know, is a constant priority at CIG.

---

Now Ben and Lando are explaining what they needed a new Motion Cap studio.

---

"Why are they ignoring 2.0 related questions?" (Ask the fans.) Ben explains "It's at a point where there's not a lot to say about it. It's essentially content complete and is now in the long and boring QA review cycle."

If anyone believes this poo poo they are straight up retarded. 'Why yes, 2.0 is done it is just in Q&A right now. That's why we showed a year old pre rendered footage instead of any gameplay, this is completely normal and acceptable :downs:'

Oh and they are loving delusional if they think anyone outside their brain damaged cultists actuality liked Wing Commander the movie. It is a steaming pile of poo poo that isn't even a funny bad movie, just pathetic. The best two parts is mushmouth and his thumbs up and Matthew Lilard's love interest being slowly pushed off a landing pad by a space bulldozer.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

G0RF posted:

Alexis- "We are not making any money on the VIP Cards".

YOU MADE $1000 MINIMUM ON ANYONE WHO QUALIFIES FOR CONCIERGE STATUS.

I'll have you know that each of those quality cards costs exactly 1010 dollars. So really it's about break even on each person who buys one.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

ShredsYouSay posted:

Remastered Wing Commander? Why? It would be like producing a 4k print of troll 2. Or a monastically excellent calligraphic version of William Rees McGonagall's poems.

Real Edit: Also I'm pretty sure his middle name wasn't topaz. Though I could be wrong.

Hey, a goon just released a remastering of Manos, so I guess it's not unheard of.

As a reminder to anyone that got their refund from Twin Bros, Dear Leader wants to have a chat with you: https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/662679123387654145

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Nation posted:

:shittypop:

they really are packing it in before they go up in flames

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

That's Sandi, right?

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Nation posted:

Ahahahahahah, this seriously was a ploy to get back into the movie industry. Holy poo poo. And Star Citizens will eat this up thinking the revenue will go towards the game and not to fund more Hollywood pipe dreams.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
feature film THE TRAITOR

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

RedTonic posted:

I'm still catching up, so if the following retreads ground, I apologize.

If CIG folds, I expect that the mocap studio/custom office space will be sold to another company probably owned by one of the principals here; maybe CR himself, but more likely Ortwin, Erin, or one of the others. Given that refunds are being paid out of any number of companies, it's possible, if not probable, that the cash for the transaction will actually be backer funds. These funds will then be used to pay off creditors; the debts were likely taken to fund the game, while at least part of the cash probably stood as collateral -- of course, non-cash assets might have been used for collateral as well, leaving CR & co. with the liquidity they needed to fund a lavish lifestyle and try to wriggle their way back into Hollywood.

No. If and when it crashes, the Feds will most definitely be involved. And once that happens, there is no way they get to hide money anywhere. That's what RICO is for.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

D_Smart posted:

No. If and when it crashes, the Feds will most definitely be involved. And once that happens, there is no way they get to hide money anywhere. That's what RICO is for.

You honestly hope for a RICO case out of this?

I mean, it would be hilarious, but I really don't see it going that far.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Berious posted:

Most popular post in r/StarCitizen is moaning that CIG isn't getting 100% sloppy blowjobs from the press.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3rqz64/my_editorial_why_cant_we_talk_about_star_citizen/

Most popular explanation is evil publishers are paying off games sites to rubbish Star Citizen in case it makes their games look bad.

They're idiots. Considering how much press it got since 2012 - 99% of it positive - now that people are taking a second look, they want to cry foul? Yeah right bitches; cry me a river.

Hey Reddit! Archive this!!

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Darth Alyssa is in the chat!

AWKWARD.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
I really would like to know how much Chris Roberts and Sandi Gardiner are paying themselves. Salaries, benefits, all of it.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Come on Derek do us a solid and get us this info. Something actually useful and damning to RSI instead of blowing a bunch of hot air up our asses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Meta-Mollusk posted:

That's Sandi, right?

I have no idea! v:shobon:v

• Locked thread