Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

G0RF posted:

I wonder who in the world Alyssa was talking about here?

I'm sure it's nothing...

holy poo poo ahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The way the star citizen defense force mobilizes for articles is impressive. Croberts should make a limited run QRF space jpeg they can buy for 3 or 4 grand but only if they can prove they have defended CIG's honor within 15 minutes of an article being posted.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

G0RF posted:

I'm going to have to back this. Thanks for the pointers!

----

Meanwhile, those of you not enduring the time-dilating agony of "Reverse the Verse" missed seeing the CIG team throwing shade at "She Who Can Not Be Named".

---

Why was she and James fired? It came right out of the blue for both as far as I can recall.

Also, Chris said he could easily spend 150 million on this in an interview a while back.
I now see how. Gross mismanagement.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

G0RF posted:

I'm going to have to back this. Thanks for the pointers!

----

Meanwhile, those of you not enduring the time-dilating agony of "Reverse the Verse" missed seeing the CIG team throwing shade at "She Who Can Not Be Named".

---

Who is this person and why are CIG ignoring her?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Loiosh posted:

A RICO case requires the justice department make a case that there is a conspiracy of criminal intent. You have to show the participants were part of an organization and had intent to commit a crime. RICO allows you to charge all of the participants of a criminal conspiracy with the same charges, instead of having to build a case for each individual. They're generally used for taking down large syndicates or networks. This would not happen for a game developer as there is no need to put in the work. You can charge the participants individually and have the result you need.

If everyone involved at CIG was part of a criminal enterprise, and remember this requires not only showing that their actions were criminal, but that the intent was to commit a crime, then you'd have grounds for a RICO prosecution. This is at best a small part of a foreign subsidiary of a large developer.

A lot of younger people remember RICO took down the MOB!! And forget the reason RICO was created, and used, was to take down large criminal enterprises when the leaders were not committing the crimes.

Totally correct.

quote:

Mr. Smart has insisted that he has knowledge that at least some of the leaders are directly involved in criminal activity, so again, no need for RICO in a case like that. ... Assuming that all is true, of course.

uhm no, I have not as I do not know the extent of their involvement. What I have said is that they were part of a company (Gizmondo) that was involved in criminal activity (money laundering).

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
So this is totally happening. Go register.

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2015/11/brainstorm-with-derek-smart.html

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Uh can you please not have anything to do with Vox Day Derek?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

theultimo posted:

Lmao she's like E list star, being an extra for quite a few trashy films, and a goddam 10 seconds in a soap opera.

Sandi/y, GIVE UP YOUR DREAM YOU ARE AWFUL

Someone post the Squadron 42 star billing please.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

I'm sure it's nothing...

:lol:

D_Smart posted:

^this. That's what I'm hoping for. It will be my legacy. I think. :)

Hope so too. It would be cool and also really, really funny.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

G0RF posted:

I'm sure it's nothing...

Seems batty!

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014
From RTV INN transcription

[What will the mocap studio in the office provide?] It's a shared space. They're building 3 standing spaces for community productions, one for AtV, one for Meet the Devs, something else. They'll be on wheels, so when they need to do mocap with the mocap equipment they have, they can wheel that stuff out, and do mocap in the room. Performance capture will still happen at proper studios.
There's an AtV set, an all-purpose one for interviews, and a third one for a new 'Dev vs. Dev' show.
They need a LOT of mocap for things. One thing they do when creating new ships is look at angles on walkways and how doors opens, and they invariably need new mocap done for each new ship that comes around.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3rsofi/reverse_the_verse_episode_70_inn_transcript/

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I have tits and self-esteem, so I'm reasonably sure I'm not welcome there.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

BMan posted:

Uh can you please not have anything to do with Vox Day Derek?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/squadron42

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Sandi, totally deserving of billing before Gillian Anderson, Liam Cunningham, John Rhys Davies, and Andy Seriks

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Doesn't Hollywood throw an absolute fit about cast billings? It's the reason why the names on movie posters never match up with the character standing below them, because the names must be in a certain order. So Sandi being listed right below Gary Oldman, lol

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The Traitor is shaping up nicely.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider

AP posted:

Movie stars

Holy poo poo that really puts it into perspective

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
John Rhys Davies getting poo poo on?

:nyd:

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Jethro_E7 posted:

[What will the mocap studio in the office provide?] It's a shared space. They're building 3 standing spaces for community productions, one for AtV, one for Meet the Devs, something else. They'll be on wheels, so when they need to do mocap with the mocap equipment they have, they can wheel that stuff out, and do mocap in the room. Performance capture will still happen at proper studios.
There's an AtV set, an all-purpose one for interviews, and a third one for a new 'Dev vs. Dev' show.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3rsofi/reverse_the_verse_episode_70_inn_transcript/

Hmm, cool a set for AtV, a set for Meet the Devs, a set for this "Dev vs Dev" thing. I wonder where they do the actual programming?

quote:

They need a LOT of mocap for things. One thing they do when creating new ships is look at angles on walkways and how doors opens, and they invariably need new mocap done for each new ship that comes around.

Well that's a giant red flag of a statement.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Someone talk Darth Alyssa into posting here

I'll pay for the account

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Jethro_E7 posted:

None of the MOCAP information on RtV made a single bit of sense. None of it.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Who is this person and why are CIG ignoring her?
That is former marketing employee, Alyssa. She and James were fired with extreme prejudice a little while ago.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b0ftfKFEJg

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Doesn't Hollywood throw an absolute fit about cast billings? It's the reason why the names on movie posters never match up with the character standing below them, because the names must be in a certain order. So Sandi being listed right below Gary Oldman, lol

Yes. I've been in production meetings where people get super loving mad about being given "Producer" credit rather than "Executive Producer" credit. It's a hilarious thing that never ceases to amaze me.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
lol they already have a new ship to sell on Nov 19

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Starkk posted:

Do you know when they are going to start selling access again?

You can get in now if you email them saying you would like to purchase. But an actual on sale date is unknown.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Kakarot posted:

lol they already have a new ship to sell on Nov 19

Well good, now they can build another Mocap set for that ship.

Seriously can't get over "...and they invariably need new mocap done for each new ship that comes around."

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

1500 posted:

You can get in now if you email them saying you would like to purchase. But an actual on sale date is unknown.

I should mention I've PM'd what to do for those goons wanting to play NA.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

Someone talk Darth Alyssa into posting here

I'll pay for the account

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Well good, now they can build another Mocap set for that ship.

Seriously can't get over "...and they invariably need new mocap done for each new ship that comes around."

A year or two ago, they explained how they were standardizing all the animations so that they wouldn't have to do that. I guess plans changed. there is no plan.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yes. I've been in production meetings where people get super loving mad about being given "Producer" credit rather than "Executive Producer" credit. It's a hilarious thing that never ceases to amaze me.

That's because they know that Producer is the real poo poo and Exec Producer = kiddie gloves tag. Which is why someone like Bonnie Arnold (Producer on Tarzan, Over the Hedge and How to Train Your Dragon) ends up co-president of feature animation at Dreamworks.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Even her "web series" doesn't want her in the shot

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Jethro_E7 posted:

Wait. Are we sure these folks actually know what 'mocap' is?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

They have a bunch of shoes that are all different sizes and the one that is biggest is the one that is different?

Or did I miss something?

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

xanif posted:

They have a bunch of shoes that are all different sizes and the one that is biggest is the one that is different?

Or did I miss something?

Boots =/ shoes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

Goredema posted:

A year or two ago, they explained how they were standardizing all the animations so that they wouldn't have to do that. I guess plans changed. there is no plan.

• Locked thread