Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Are there any guidelines when it comes to picking grip/barrel attachments? Some stuff like the Angled Grip and the Heavy Barrel lend themselves to semi-auto as far as I can see, but the stuff that alters muzzle climb seems to also impact autofire so I'm not even sure what to pick. BFBC2 was simper :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

New Concept Hole posted:

Might as well put a Tapco foregrip on your Tapco'd Milsurp, right?

Man that hits home hard, I did that to an SKS a long time ago. To atone for my sins I've fully restored it back to original.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Kerosene19 posted:

Man that hits home hard, I did that to an SKS a long time ago. To atone for my sins I've fully restored it back to original.

Tbf it was a lot less egregious when they were $150-200 as opposed to the >$300 that they are now, at least in the U.S.

Azran posted:

Are there any guidelines when it comes to picking grip/barrel attachments? Some stuff like the Angled Grip and the Heavy Barrel lend themselves to semi-auto as far as I can see, but the stuff that alters muzzle climb seems to also impact autofire so I'm not even sure what to pick. BFBC2 was simper :v:

The Hbar is technically good on everything, although its advantages on >800 RPM guns is outweighed by the compensator because H-recoil will be more limiting than your starting spread at their optimal range. The Muzzle Brake and AFG are strictly ease-of-use attachments because vertical recoil can be corrected. For simplicity's sake HBar+Ergo is good on low-RPM guns, Comp+Stubby are good on high-RPM. PDWs are sort of the exception to the rule and don't necessarily need Ergo, although it's baked into plenty of them already.

New Concept Hole fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Nov 3, 2015

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

How do I register for the goon Mumble?

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
I really really really hope dice brings tank and keep superiority to live as new game modes. That poo poo was major fun on CTS this last weekend. Snowmobile superiority was meh though. Also if you see a server called ea_test and want to see something funny log on to them.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
DBV-12 + 4x scope + frag rounds + parachuting from spawn beacon over the enemy = the best thing in Battlefield

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

atomicthumbs posted:

DBV-12 + 4x scope + frag rounds + parachuting from spawn beacon over the enemy = the best thing in Battlefield

People get reeeally upset about it too, even though I haven't seen anyone running frag rounds outside of the USAS-12 pickup

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

ArchangeI posted:

Half the time they seem to play against incredibly dumb opponents, too. Like being able to run headfirst into three people, drop two, reload and finish off the third because the guy couldn't hit a target ten feet in front of him. Then they healthpack, reload, and do the same thing again in the next room.

Well they're playing on servers full of random pubs most of the time. I've seen a few vids from LevelCap and Matimio and the like playing on servers where the other team is actually coordinating to the same level they are, and its like watching a completely different game. The Youtubers aren't bad by any means, but they often don't dominate the same way either.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Robot Randy posted:

People get reeeally upset about it too, even though I haven't seen anyone running frag rounds outside of the USAS-12 pickup

Frag rounds can be absolutely hilarious sometimes, outside the obvious maps of Locker and Metro (at least on the Russian side) where they aren't only hilarious but hilariously effective. You almost have to become a sniper (though obviously from a closer distance) to not be dying every 2 minutes though because trying to use them like regular shotgun rounds is nearly impossible to do well. Of course since you'll actually hurt the person you're shooting at from a rooftop you're actually more effective as a sniper.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Armchair Calvinist posted:

How do I register for the goon Mumble?

right-click your own name, and click Register.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

ArchangeI posted:

Half the time they seem to play against incredibly dumb opponents, too. Like being able to run headfirst into three people, drop two, reload and finish off the third because the guy couldn't hit a target ten feet in front of him. Then they healthpack, reload, and do the same thing again in the next room.

Keep in mind a lot of the kill feeds for infantry play come from TDM servers too. You know, where the people that get their junk stuck in a zipper go to play barring.. what, maybe two maps?

Azran posted:

It really depends on the gun, your play style and the situation at hand. Vague as that is, you're honestly better off slapping poo poo on a gun and going to the range to test it all out. Stand and shoot, crouch and shoot, move and shoot, change modes etc. Otherwise just do what most of us do, use a stubby on half the poo poo, angled occasionally, bipods for dicking around or the movement grip that I always forget the goddamn name of that makes hipfiring better. For barrel attachments, most of the time you're good to go without or with a suppressor, everything else is a waste most of the time.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZAdBSz9KwA

GTA vids like this makes me really miss the BF2 Sandbox Mod stunt tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYMPej6f-0g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeEl7uJzivY

New Concept Hole posted:

The Phantom Bow is a joke weapon.
Yep - http://gfycat.com/PinkTenderBuffalo

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Nov 4, 2015

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Idea for a server. One team is bow-only, the other is EOD bot only.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

That guy triggered a C4 with the bow tho.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Sandweed posted:

That guy triggered a C4 with the bow tho.
I'm going to go ahead and take a stab that the player named "Tr1cKsh0tPr0z" may not perform under the most legitimate of circumstances!

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

TheRationalRedditor posted:

I'm going to go ahead and take a stab that the player named "Tr1cKsh0tPr0z" may not perform under the most boring of circumstances!
Ahem.

You can keep your M417 and ACE 23. I for one will gladly get my poo poo pushed in by tryna use a Bulldog where it don't belong because that gun is loving metal and I love it. Just something about that stupid recoil makes it feel more powerful than it is.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The Bulldog is amazing everywhere though.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Friar Zucchini posted:

Ahem.

You can keep your M417 and ACE 23. I for one will gladly get my poo poo pushed in by tryna use a Bulldog where it don't belong because that gun is loving metal and I love it. Just something about that stupid recoil makes it feel more powerful than it is.
what the hell are you talking about and what does it have to do with a staged trickshot video

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I blew up a fully-crewed attack boat with the SRAW. I love this rocket launcher.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I just applied to join LLJK as x_Axarca_x, making this the first game I've ever seen where that name was taken already.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Its probably your old bc2 account.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
current fun method: using a MAV on Rush and getting 50 spotting ribbons per round

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Azran posted:

I just applied to join LLJK as x_Axarca_x, making this the first game I've ever seen where that name was taken already.

Is anyone actually looking after the platoon any more? I think it's been full for ages. Most goons just hop on Mumble and join off their friends lists. Not many of us roll with the LLJK tag anyways. I'll be goddamned if I give up my CUMS tag.

e. How long until the nerf the mortar again? Almost every game I've played since the last patch have had 4-5 mortars a side. MAVs are pretty useless since the mortar respawns after 60 seconds or whatever.

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

Dillbag posted:

Is anyone actually looking after the platoon any more?

I think xYigx, Duck, Vektor and yourself are the only active leaders/founders. Get to it.

Kerosene19 fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Nov 6, 2015

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

I reinstalled this garbage and played for a little bit. I just can't deal with the lag floaty feels after getting back into CS. tldr imgay

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Kerosene19 posted:

I think xYigx, Duck, Vektor and yourself are the only active leaders/founders. Get to it.

Does anyone have any objection to me pruning the platoon a bit if I can determine through my friends list or open profiles that a member hasn't been online for more than 6 months?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

afkmacro posted:

I reinstalled this garbage and played for a little bit. I just can't deal with the lag floaty feels after getting back into CS. tldr imgay
You don't think doing thriller dance when you try to strafe or prone is quality movement?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

sitchelin posted:

I blew up a fully-crewed attack boat with the SRAW. I love this rocket launcher.

You should have seen it before they :dice:ed it. They fixed it a little bit, but before ... those were the days.
3500 kills... so many tears...

Pro tip: Since they fixed the range you can snipe infantry again, the tears they are a-flowing once more

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Got the game on the sale. Haven't played since BF2. Played with some peeps here last night and it was pretty fun. :)

Highlight was everyone in our squads racing to the top of the gigantic tower in the middle of the map as our tickets ran out and watching a single body fall down and make a small dust puff at the round end screen like Wiley Coyote. A+

Thoughts:

QBB is the best LMG in the game. How is this even real. Muzzle break / heavy barrel + IR scope + stubby grip/bipod. No recoil. The ultimate pub grinder

PKP is a close second if only for the larger damage, though the QBB is more versatile and far easier to control

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Try the AWS.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

AWS is pretty great, yeah. For an all around pepper gun, I seem to keep defaulting back to the QBB. It seems like it's been floating under the radar for a while:

http://symthic.com/bf4-compare?AWS_vs_QBB-95-1&a11=Heavy%20Barrel&a12=Potato/Stubby%20grip&a21=Heavy%20Barrel&a22=Potato/Stubby%20grip

The AWS fires 20% faster and the QBB has half the recoil across the board. I think once I get the handle on the AWS it will outshine the QBB though.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

So can anyone recommend another good Carbine? I'm about 100 kills off from getting my AK5C mastery.

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now
Not sure what the last patch did to them, but i settled on the SG553 or ACWR previously. I still don't have the loving MTAR....

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I can't get the loving F2000 after who knows how many hours in Metro only servers with 2k tickets. Either the game pushes past the Metro area for the 10 kills part, or I can't get enough assists.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

sitchelin posted:

So can anyone recommend another good Carbine? I'm about 100 kills off from getting my AK5C mastery.

SG553, ACW-R, A-91, the ACE-21 CQB is pretty great and has a larger magazine and if you like something that hits harder the ACE-52. After the AK5C I'd personally go with the ACE-21, I quite like it.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Armchair Calvinist posted:

Got the game on the sale. Haven't played since BF2. Played with some peeps here last night and it was pretty fun. :)

Highlight was everyone in our squads racing to the top of the gigantic tower in the middle of the map as our tickets ran out and watching a single body fall down and make a small dust puff at the round end screen like Wiley Coyote. A+

Thoughts:

QBB is the best LMG in the game. How is this even real. Muzzle break / heavy barrel + IR scope + stubby grip/bipod. No recoil. The ultimate pub grinder

PKP is a close second if only for the larger damage, though the QBB is more versatile and far easier to control

Yeah the QBB is really good although I've been having fun with the L86. The RPK-12 is fairly good too if you like big mags and comically low recoil.

sitchelin posted:

The Type-95B is pretty fun imo

New Concept Hole fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Nov 6, 2015

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Azran posted:

I can't get the loving F2000 after who knows how many hours in Metro only servers with 2k tickets. Either the game pushes past the Metro area for the 10 kills part, or I can't get enough assists.

Find a 10000 tickets metro server and miss like a motherfucker.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I'm surprised how helpful AA Mines have been.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
They're pretty handy just by virtue of being fire-and-forget. Slap them down and then go fight infantry somewhere, and you will at the very least severely inconvenience any aircraft flying by, without any time or attention required on your part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
You can do really well with any weapon in any class and if you don't its because you suck.

• Locked thread