Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

What the hell is gamergate anyhow? I don't follow any of this gaming garbage because I'm an adult with real hobbies, but a TLDR would be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jst0rm posted:

This guy looks loving insane. He probably has 3 or 4 dead hookers in a meat freezer who he pulls out on occasion and dumps cum on.

My favorite part is how none of that is Star Citizen material. There's some anime thing up there, a Final Fantasy monster plush, a bunch of products that were previously released by the Star Citizen people... and some monitors with Star Citizen wallpapers. Not a single tangible object is from Star Citizen itself.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Eonwe posted:

Someone talk Darth Alyssa into posting here

I'll pay for the account

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

The wonderful thing about live streams and the like is that people get to say what they think. At least once anyway.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

The French Army! posted:

What the hell is gamergate anyhow? I don't follow any of this gaming garbage because I'm an adult with real hobbies, but a TLDR would be nice.

please noone answer this? tia.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

The French Army! posted:

dumpster fire

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy

Jst0rm posted:

This guy looks loving insane. He probably has 3 or 4 dead hookers Idris jpegs in a meat freezer who he pulls out on occasion and dumps cum on.

ftfy

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

The French Army! posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=5&l=71

e: nsfw apparently

to0terfish fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 7, 2015

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

The French Army! posted:

jaded ex-bf of a female dev made a livejournal-esque post about how said dev slept with games journalists to get better reviews & PR

internet dudes turned it into a misogynistic battle of stupid

that's really it in a nutshell

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
:lesnick: Chris Roberts get the distribution rights back to the Wing Commander movie next year so um who knows.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Welp looks like no one moderates the SAclopedia for NSFW stuff huh.

Still quite accurate.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 7, 2015

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Maldoror posted:

i would like to nitpick :gary: and :yarg:

they should not be parp'ing in perfect sync

like :yarg:'s initial parp should start at least at the point of :gary:'s first half parp

This is a loving good observation, and more relevant than anything related to g**** ***te

Sadly, I am poo poo at gifs. Like, CiG bad at games poo poo at gifs.

Either:

a)some other fucker do it
b)someone tell me a simple program to use so I am not poo poo at gifs (too drunk/stupid for Photoshop)

Or, since it's Oldman, I can just post some nightmare fuel...

xiansi fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Nov 7, 2015

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Welp looks like no one moderates the SAclopedia for NSFW stuff huh.

Still quite accurate.

it's the best explanation for it, really

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The French Army! posted:

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

STOP GROWING A BEARD IT DOESNT MAKE YOU MORE MANLY IF YOURE A loving TWIG AND SAME FOR THE OPPOSITE IF YOURE SO FAT YOU HAVE T-REX ARMS

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The French Army! posted:

It's whatever you want it to be.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

The French Army! posted:

Reactionaries and nutjobs and desperate alt-right journos attempted to harness the collective anger and hatred that spews forth from gamerdom any time their favorite game gets an 8.8 on a review or their videogame waifus might wear slightly less revealing outfits in the sequel and direct it towards the dreaded feminist/social justice warrior/something awful axis of evil, which most recently resulted in sad and angry 8chan/reddit gamergaters trying to ddos the forums at the end of September.

This is relevant because a not insignificant portion of the CIG cultists and reddit starcitizen defenders are still gamergaters or gamergate sympathizers, so DSmart baiting Roberts into making it about gamergate basically cuts across their own fanbase.

Yes nice job linking to wiki entries written by gaters and gamergate sympathizers. On the other hand I wonder if kraftwerk singles was behind spamming the previous gamergate threads with goatse....

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Nov 7, 2015

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

I for one can't wait to see Wing Commander 2: Electric Boogaloo

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
I'm a nice person. I did send a couple .PNGs to Derek Smart and didn't charge him!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I kind of want to donate now. 7 out of 10 hours of mo-cap scenes staring Sandi has to be worth $30 or something, right?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
You guys sure like picking on people's appearances in this thread

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy
Okay, so I've been doing grown up stuff and missed a bunch of poo poo.

Why do some nerdos have like "word" gang tags now? I must know this because I take pride in collecting stupid poo poo next to my posts. Tia.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Shala posted:

Why do some nerdos have like "word" gang tags now? I must know this because I take pride in collecting stupid poo poo next to my posts. Tia.
If you donate to the server fund you get one

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

Shala posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/announcement.php?forumid=1

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Shala posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/announcement.php?forumid=1

e;fb

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

Rotten Red Rod posted:

If you donate to the server fund you get one

How did Lowtax know people in this thread would throw money at him?!

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

lol the leather cap: in the future we are back in the 1940's

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

The piss jar in the back really ties the room together.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Agrajag posted:

The movie was basically submarines in space. Oh and don't talk inside the space ship or the space cats will detect it in their scans

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Shala posted:

The piss jar in the back really ties the room together.

ehhh nothing about that room would indicate that would be piss in the jar. aside from the super weeb doll everything else looks immaculate

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

xiansi posted:

This is a loving good observation, and more relevant than anything related to g**** ***te

Sadly, I am poo poo at gifs. Like, CiG bad at games poo poo at gifs.

Either:

a)some other fucker do it
b)someone tell me a simple program to use so I am not poo poo at gifs (too drunk/stupid for Photoshop)

Here:

Please replace the current yarg.gif smilie with the above yarg2.gif one.

Looks better:

:gary:
:gary:

vs.

:gary::yarg:
:yarg::gary:

(I don't know how to get the size down to 5K I'm using an older gif editor) :gerty:

The parps must be perfected, or "parpfected" if you will.

(All you need to do is start the animation for yarg on frame 4 (to gary's frame 1).)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
What gets me every time I hear about another mentally ill person spending all their money on JPGs is the sheer amorality of Chris Robert's scheme. Why does nobody there go "Sorry, but we heared you'll get evicted and lose your wife and children over maxing ten credit cards for us, that's creeping us out. Here's your money back and uhh please give us a bit less if you consider backing us again." Why the hell are they just sucking down the money and feeling great about it? Are Chris and his cohorts secretly servants of Mammon, one of the seven princes of hell?

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe

Agrajag posted:

1941 - John Belushi (RIP) - Classics.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

Agrajag posted:

ehhh nothing about that room would indicate that would be piss in the jar. aside from the super weeb doll everything else looks immaculate

I'm sure Howard Hughes had a pretty sweet piss room too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

OhDearGodNo posted:

MOCAP Iteration 3.5, August-September 2015: CIG now decides to use Cubic Motion, where Simon Elms is the CFO. As stated in this letter, the Farrari level equipment from 2013 was no longer good enough. Chris goes on to describe that "We are using the next level in performance capture, which is both motion and facial capture, allowing us to capture even the subtlest looks or moments. Every scene we capture we have between 1 and 3 cameras on every actors face, plus 50 cameras capturing their moves. This technology, combined with next generation character and facial rigs."

I'm using two Kinects. It's actually pretty good!

• Locked thread