Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Angela Christine posted:

Normally I'd agree, absolutely. Her appearance and fuckability have nothing to do with her ability to do her job as VP of Marketing. Judging women on their looks rather than competence is weird and gross.

Except Sandi made herself part of the product. She made her appearance an issue.
Sure we can agree that Sandi is gross and yes did make herself a "product" in how she did some SC marketing. However, I would argue that it still doesn't make the resulting "I'd gently caress Sandi" statements any less cringe-worthy and showing some degree of, undesirability, inherent to those statements.

That said, would I?

PAAAAAAAAARRRRRP :yarg:

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Nov 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

quote:

We are using the next level in performance capture, which is both motion and facial capture, allowing us to capture even the subtlest looks or moments.

This is to uncover signs of dissent amongst the employees in the new offices. A roll of the eyes, a furrowed brow or the merest hint of shrugged shoulders can all be detected and dealt with before the cancer spreads.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
While Vox Day are loving gobshites I see no problem with Derek talking to them about SC. Obvioulsy the Shitizens are once again going to claim this makes him a GGer but I refuse to belive that he shares any of their beliefs beyond SC being bullshit and that there are huge problems within games journalism and the games industry as a whole.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Lodin posted:

While Vox Day are loving gobshites I see no problem with Derek talking to them about SC. Obvioulsy the Shitizens are once again going to claim this makes him a GGer but I refuse to belive that he shares any of their beliefs beyond SC being bullshit and that there are huge problems within games journalism and the games industry as a whole.

A lot of the people on the Derek Smart subreddit crosspost with KiA so they may have mixed feelings about this.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i dont even know what vox is

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Eonwe posted:

Imagine a racist nerd who enjoys men's rights activism and discussing the fate of western civilization in relation to boobs in video games.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Latin for voice eonew

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
I dunno about you guys but she's p good looking, smart enough to help accrue all our jpeg money, and smart enough to know when to :getout:, so I guess I don't really get the gross argument?

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Eonwe posted:

Imagine 4 balls on the edge of a cliff.

And then imagine you are sat next to the balls, in a comfy chair, with a tasty beer, reading a really good sci-fi book.

Ignore the balls. Enjoy your book!

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Imagine a racist nerd who enjoys men's rights activism and discussing the fate of western civilization in relation to boobs in video games.

so not someone you want to have a conversation with at a party.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

Jst0rm posted:

so not someone you want to have a conversation with at a party.

umm actually people are excited to have a fresh breath of air with my lengthy diatribes on men in the family court system and my fresh fedora / tshirt combinations.

They make sure I leave early so they have enough time to collectively contemplate the truth bombs I dropped on them.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Meanwhile in a game that's actually a game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jE7UhIyRnA

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

Lodin posted:

Ironically, in light of the strong correlation between female education and demographic decline, a purely empirical perspective on Malala Yousafzai, the poster girl for global female education, may indicate that the Taliban's attempt to silence her was perfectly rational and scientifically justifiable.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Lodin posted:

why are you referring to Vox Day as "they"

Gonkish posted:

Meanwhile in a game that's actually a game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jE7UhIyRnA

to be fair, E:D is barely a game. I mean, better than what's going on here, but it's basically a similar pile of mismanaged bullshit from a dude who got famous decades ago and wanted to make a new game. I mean, there's just actually a game in E:D

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
:siren: Vox Day is a literal neo-fascist :siren: who believes black people are subhuman, women should not have the vote and that it's totally fine to throw acid at feminists to protect traditional values. Gay people are a genetic mistake that should be cleansed and the Taliban were correct to shoot Malala in the face.

:siren: Vox Day is a literal neo-fascist. :siren: If you search for even a small amount of time you will probably be able to find someone with exactly the same opinions and level of intelligence as him without the insane all-consuming baggage of awful garbage or toxic community that gathers around him.

:siren: Vox Day is a literal neo-fascist. :siren: Who gives a gently caress what side he's on in the internet spaceship debate because the correct answer is 'the airless side of a real-life airlock'.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Nov 7, 2015

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

I really dont care to see batgirls bedroom at all.

That aside... they put Ben in charge while chris is gone? They are fkd

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is the game finished yet?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Awesome! posted:

is the game finished yet?

yes and we won.

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

RedTonic posted:

I just don't have that much faith in fraud investigations. My experience is that these transactions happen before assets are frozen and so on. But there's plenty of time for me to be proven wrong on the Fed front.

If the Feds do get involved, RICO charges aren't too unlikely, though.

My state is still paying for 38Studios. With that in mind, I'm glad that all the backers participated in this voluntarily.

38studios just went bankrupt because Schilling was a lovely CEO, right? There weren't any claims of fraud or embezzlement, were there? If so, I'm interested. I've got a pretty rigid hate boner for Schilling, but his company shipped a game before screwing up the 2nd one. He's a dumb rear end in a top hat, but has never struck me as a crook.

Regarding RICO, Roberts' enterprise is an international collection of private companies selling fraudulent products to multiple countries. I'm no lawyer, but that sounds like a RICO case to me. Hell, I bet your average mafia run business is far more cleanly run on the books than CIG.

Lord_NeckBeard fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Nov 7, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pierson posted:

:siren: Vox Day is a literal neo-fascist :siren: who believes black people are subhuman, women should not have the vote and that it's totally fine to throw acid at feminists to protect traditional values. Gay people are a genetic mistake that should be cleansed and the Taliban were correct to shoot Malala in the face.

:siren: Vox Day is a literal neo-fascist. :siren: If you search for even a small amount of time you will probably be able to find someone with exactly the same opinions and level of intelligence as him without the insane all-consuming baggage of awful garbage or toxic community that gathers around him.

:siren: Vox Day is a literal neo-fascist. :siren: Who gives a gently caress what side he's on in the internet spaceship debate because the correct answer is 'the airless side of a real-life airlock'.

:stare:

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Bushiz posted:

why are you referring to Vox Day as "they"

to be fair, E:D is barely a game. I mean, better than what's going on here, but it's basically a similar pile of mismanaged bullshit from a dude who got famous decades ago and wanted to make a new game. I mean, there's just actually a game in E:D

Oh please.

There's 50+ hours of single-player game in Elite at a bare minimum.

Learning to fly starter ship is a day or so, and it'll be a week+ of hardcore play to a half way decent mid-range ship, and all that time is stupid fun.

Afterwards...yeah, you may burn out, and :frontear: exists for a reason, but there is no way you can say E:D is not worth the price of a full game.

xiansi fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Nov 7, 2015

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

I've been thinking, maybe we've got this all backwards.
Perhaps after being alerted to the evil goons asking for refunds, Sandi took the time to read through all the legit complaints on SA and SAW THE LIGHT! She then attempted to tearfully admit to their crimes, only to be stopped, at the last second by the true puppet master, Erin, desperately trying to hand her backstage decoration in a last-ditch attempt to shut her up. After the show Sandi was brutally beaten for daring to speak ill of the Roberts brothers. See, she's also secretly married to Erin, that's why the whole situation is hush hush. Their three-way relationship is what really set back development, because they all think they're in charge, and are building 3 totally different games at once.

Serious question; Why is Erin always let off the hook? Is it because he worked on the lego games? Maybe they were funded by the swedish mafia too! Get on it Derek.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Pierson posted:

Yeah, this.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Pierson posted:

What the hell? I gotta make myself start logging in on the weekends, this is when all the juicy stuff happens.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Lord_NeckBeard posted:

38studios just went bankrupt because Schilling was a lovely CEO, right? There weren't any claims of fraud or embezzlement, were there? If so, I'm interested. I've got a pretty rigid hate boner for Schilling, but his company shipped a game before screwing up the 2nd one. He's a dumb rear end in a top hat, but has never struck me as a crook.

Regarding RICO, Roberts' enterprise is an international collection of private companies selling fraudulent products to multiple countries. I'm no lawyer, but that sounds like a RICO case to me. Hell, I bet your average mafia run business is far more cleanly run on the books than CIG.

Oh, I'm not saying it doesn't sound like it could be a racketeering case; I just am doubtful that RICO charges will happen.

But about 38Studios -- it's pretty complex. There is a fraud case, though it's not aimed at Schilling himself. There was a lawsuit (settled in 2014) that alleged a conspiracy to defraud the state into issuing the bonds which were supposed to finance Project Copernicus. I believe there's another lawsuit going on now alleging further fraud. More documents were supposed to be unsealed, but if they have been, they've sort of slipped under the surface without making a splash.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=mlb&id=11146240

Gordon Fox, our former House Speaker in the state legislature, also worked on securing state-funded financing for 38Studios. He received a great deal of criticism for some odd decisions surrounding that business. To really cast shade on his dealings, he recently pled guilty to wire fraud, bribery, and filing a false tax return; he's getting 3 years in the federal pen.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

Pierson posted:

This is amazing.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Raskolnikov posted:

"I'd gently caress Sandi"

lol who said that i want to point at them and laugh

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
Derek, that due diligence you do on your sources, you really really need to do that on your outputs too for exactly the same reason, jesus

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Hey guys, come and join the discussion over at https://www.stalinwasjustmisunderstood.com. Star Citizen chat only please!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

couldnt even direct that to a gary pic? low effort

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Beet Wagon posted:

What the hell? I gotta make myself start logging in on the weekends, this is when all the juicy stuff happens.

it's happening all the time all day :justpost:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
code:
FADE IN:

EXT. STARSHIP BRIDGE, NIGHT

On the bridge of the USFG Battlefleet Commander, Captain DEREK SMART and Ensign VIDEO GAMES watch
the approaching ship on the view-screen with wary calm. Ensign VIDEO GAMES is perspiring heavily.

DEREK SMART
                     Approaching ship identify your position on Star Citizen.

VOX DAY
                    I have serious questions about the validity of this game.

DEREK SMARRT
                         Welcome to the fleet VOX DAY form up on my six.

VOX DAY
                       Women should be shot and black people aren't real.

DEREK SMART
                                            wwhoops

(MORE)

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Awesome! posted:

couldnt even direct that to a gary pic? low effort

Was tempted, but phone posting is effort enough as is.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Pierson posted:

code:
FADE IN:

EXT. STARSHIP BRIDGE, NIGHT

On the bridge of the USFG Battlefleet Commander, Captain DEREK SMART and Ensign VIDEO GAMES watch
the approaching ship on the view-screen with wary calm. Ensign VIDEO GAMES is perspiring heavily.

DEREK SMART
                     Approaching ship identify your position on Star Citizen.

VOX DAY
                    I have serious questions about the validity of this game.

DEREK SMARRT
                         Welcome to the fleet VOX DAY form up on my six.

VOX DAY
                       Women should be shot and black people aren't real.

DEREK SMART
                                            wwhoops

(MORE)

:perfect:

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Pierson posted:

Left without comment:

quote:

Being an educated, but ignorant half-savage, with little more understanding of what it took to build a new literature by "a bunch of beardy old middle-class middle-American guys" than an illiterate Igbotu tribesman has of how to build a jet engine, Jemisin clearly does not understand that her dishonest call for "reconciliation" and even more diversity within SF/F is tantamount to a call for its decline into irrelevance. Nor do the back-patting Samuel Johnsons wiping their eyes and congratulating her for her ever-so-touching speech understand that.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Pierson posted:

If I click those links is the NSA going to kick my door in because the URLs are scary.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Pierson posted:

is vox day this croberts guy everyone goes on about?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

im vox day ask me anything.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

Lord_NeckBeard posted:

He ended up having to sell a lot of his own stuff, including memoriabilia, to cover expenses he took on himself. He was dumb and kinda bad, but he was honest.

edit: Wait, they're doing casting for a movie in the CIG offices?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lochness_Hamster
Sep 27, 2007
Vox day is a friend of Christ Robbers

• Locked thread