Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
doing my part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirty Hairy
Oct 18, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

CrazyLoon posted:

Also, where the hell is Eonwe to shitpost several posts quick, to get this poo poo off the page.

:gary: PAAARP?

SeraphEightyFour
Nov 6, 2015

by Cowcaster

Dirty Hairy posted:

Also, where the gently caress are the mods?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m-R0uT6KZk&t=165s

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy
Guys DSmizzle just friend requested me on FB, I feel like the prettiest girl at the ball.

I'd like to thank all my fellow drama queens who made this moment possible *sob*

SeraphEightyFour
Nov 6, 2015

by Cowcaster

CashEnsign posted:

doing my part
Same

Okay, let's see how quickly this bandwidth thing will kick in. Impress me, Dropbox!

Wulf Knight has a bad day

Surprise!

Baby PU is born

All aboard the Dream Bus!

When Wulf met Derek

Derek Smart Hatemail

Vengeance of the Goons

Hows Star Marine coming along?

A matter of moderation

A Forum for Boys

Nazi Mods

Non-consensual PvP

But I did not kill the deputy

A Reasonable Solution

The r/StarCitizen Hivemind has a pleasant dream

A minor PR problem

Lovingly handcrafted artisan posts

The Show Must Go On!

A Social Module is born!

This game sucks.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Your alert has been submitted to the Moderators.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro
I saw this coming.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy
Electric retard

aka goon herpes

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

SeraphEightyFour posted:

Okay, let's see how quickly this bandwidth thing will kick in. Impress me, Dropbox!

hachi machi

JazzPaws
Aug 10, 2014

- Ponzi Scheme Survivor -

Cardboard Box A posted:

Hate to break it to you, but the awfulness that is Electric Retard was posted on SA first, before even 4chan. This is something a goon is responsible for, like it or not.

Yup was hoping the RSI helpers spying here would assume the worse....at least he could have hosted it on imgur with big star citizen headers so reddit would do our dirty work, for us. (Round two).

Not the first time we've had an operative go rogue after a meltdown. .

Keep posting so we can move past it for the love of baby cattes.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

That's a really neat one. What's that 3rd one, exactly, some mini-Cthulu?

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Who's got a running count of the money seraph has spent? What ships could he have bought with that money.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

SeraphEightyFour posted:

Same

Wulf Knight has a bad day

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CrazyLoon posted:

looks like some warhammer space marine

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Dirty Hairy posted:

Yeah, pretty sure that's a guy.

guys make ugly women i guess

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
use this in your adblocker or w/e filter you have: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105154574/

e: fixed link

Kakarot fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Nov 7, 2015

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

CrazyLoon posted:

umm..warhammer marine

Dirty Hairy
Oct 18, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
That's a cool gif.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Willfrey posted:

guys make ugly women i guess

Wait till you see me.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Kakarot posted:

umm..warhammer marine

Didn't know those actually :barf:, given the poo poo they usually see from the forces of Chaos on a daily basis.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kakarot posted:

use this in your adblocker or w/e filter you have: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105154574/

e: fixed link

Confirmed, this works great.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yo wtf is going on in here

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Dirty Hairy posted:

Yeah, pretty sure that's a guy.

how dare you thats a beautiful lady

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.
God drat these last two pages make my soul hurt.

In a effort to move it along and a lack of good star citizen drama; I present a list of delicious things.

1: South Carolina mustard based BBQ
2: Sweet tea (namely from Publix)
3: Nachos from any where, ever

Also :gary: PAAAAARRRRRPPPPPP

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
"Paaaarpp!"

G0RF fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jul 21, 2016

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

More like Van-don't lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CrazyLoon posted:

Also, where the hell is Eonwe to shitpost several posts quick, to get this poo poo off the page.

I'm reading manga

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy
She can Van-duul-getthefuckouttamyhouse

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy
It's 7 a.m. here and I am lusting for Döner Kebap.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

G0RF posted:

"Paaaarpp!"

(I showed this to my son tonight. I am going to be hearing airhorns for weeks now. But it was worth it for the laughs.)

There's a radio dj here in NYC that abuses the gently caress out of the airhorn and I laugh like a retard every time I hear it

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

skit herre posted:

I've been lusting for Doners since I left Germany in 2007 my dude.

How do we not have this here?

Can you guys export some Turks so we can have that? Tia.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Seraph please kill yourself on a livestream

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
i miss electric retard

a child molester's incessant posting of his photoshopped electric retard image spam makes me sad

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm pretty sure this guy is more mentally ill than Caro

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

skit herre posted:

Sounds too close to Boner Kebab

Confirmed for gay

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Chalks posted:

So not actually a thing you can just set on someone because they didn't do X, but rather you have to pick a specific job to randomly spam bounties on people? Not too clear how that avoids griefing or indeed why I can't just have friends cash in my bounties for no penalty. Bounty systems only really work in games with severe death penalties.

My understanding is that you can offer a bounty on another player. It's been awhile since I heard (Ex-CIG member) Rob Irving talk about it. But the intention was at that time in PVP areas you could flag another player and then offer a bounty contract on them. Other players could collect. It's a bit different from EVE as the areas are not universal, it's instanced. If you're wanting to track down another player, you have to flag them in game (so the server knows to match your instances). You'll only find them in a PVP zone. Supposedly areas that are in heavy control, like UEE areas, will not allow this via some method. This is the kind of stuff that has to be worked out. I recall how Age of Conan launched and how much it changed from their hardcore philosophy. I'm sure, assuming SC ever launches, there will be all kinds of changes in the gameplay design.

quote:

So if you blow someone up 3 or 4 times the game will refuse their LTI? That seems like a fun grief.

Also the idea that they're going to be making ships in their game part of an intentional redundancy treadmill is one of the more terrible things I've heard about their intended design and that's saying something. Sell someone a $5k ship then release something that makes it redundant. Heh. Money money money.

There's no set limit on it that I'm aware of, but there are factors the influence. The larger the ship, the more material is required to build it. Much like EVE, to build ships, the actual required materials have to be transported to the various factories, components shipped, and all assembled. Only then do you get the replacement. Small ships are easy to replace, they're common and all over the place being built. Large ships take more. A critical difference between EVE and SC (again, all of this is proposed because of course there is no SC out right now), is that the economy is almost entirely run by NPCs. There's a lot more of them than player characters in the economy. However, those large ships will still take time to build. That's one of the ways of discouraging LTI abuse.

And yup, money money money. Though supposedly they will not be selling ships at launch. At that point, you'll be getting them for in-game credit only, so no more $5k idris-Ps. -- Again, something said, so who knows how it'll be by the time SC launches, if ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Loiosh posted:

My understanding is that you can offer a bounty on another player. It's been awhile since I heard (Ex-CIG member) Rob Irving talk about it. But the intention was at that time in PVP areas you could flag another player and then offer a bounty contract on them. Other players could collect. It's a bit different from EVE as the areas are not universal, it's instanced. If you're wanting to track down another player, you have to flag them in game (so the server knows to match your instances). You'll only find them in a PVP zone. Supposedly areas that are in heavy control, like UEE areas, will not allow this via some method. This is the kind of stuff that has to be worked out. I recall how Age of Conan launched and how much it changed from their hardcore philosophy. I'm sure, assuming SC ever launches, there will be all kinds of changes in the gameplay design.

There's no set limit on it that I'm aware of, but there are factors the influence. The larger the ship, the more material is required to build it. Much like EVE, to build ships, the actual required materials have to be transported to the various factories, components shipped, and all assembled. Only then do you get the replacement. Small ships are easy to replace, they're common and all over the place being built. Large ships take more. A critical difference between EVE and SC (again, all of this is proposed because of course there is no SC out right now), is that the economy is almost entirely run by NPCs. There's a lot more of them than player characters in the economy. However, those large ships will still take time to build. That's one of the ways of discouraging LTI abuse.

And yup, money money money. Though supposedly they will not be selling ships at launch. At that point, you'll be getting them for in-game credit only, so no more $5k idris-Ps. -- Again, something said, so who knows how it'll be by the time SC launches, if ever.

Same

• Locked thread