Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Please keep posts to less than 7 lines

If I read this thread too much I feel like I've invested too much time into star citizen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

Romes128 posted:

Please keep posts to less than 7 lines

If I read this thread too much I feel like I've invested too much time into star citizen

I mean you haven't invested like any fuckin time into your SA little side bar there so I'm not expecting great poo poo from you in SC.

You and your sound financial decisions can get the gently caress out.

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy

Romes128 posted:

Sounds too close to Boner Kebab

Confirmed for gay

Never thought that my gayness and my love for Döner Kebab are interconnected, but there you have it.

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy

Shala posted:

I've been lusting for Doners since I left Germany in 2007 my dude.

How do we not have this here?

Can you guys export some Turks so we can have that? Tia.

Oh we have a lot of people, most of them in the east, that would love to send you some Turks.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

skit herre posted:

Oh we have a lot of people, most of them in the east, that would love to send you some Turks.

(I'm aware, I tell people that Turks are the Mexicans of Germany)

(Also you motherfuckers need to stop switching to really good english when I say 'I wanna try my German'")

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

skit herre posted:

Never thought that my gayness and my love for Döner Kebab are interconnected, but there you have it.

Turkish culture in general is pretty homoerotic, TBH.

And yea, turks but also balkanites of most any kind pretty much have been the Mexicans of Germany for several decades now, actually. Though most of them do tend to come over there without border patrol chasing them, with shoes on and not in clown cars of being smuggled over.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Nov 7, 2015

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

wait what? need to see this hilarity

Someone claimed to have dug up his info on the sex offender registry using a real name he posted in the YOSPOS bitcoin thread. He didn't link to the actual site, but Seraph was worried enough to show up ASAP and threaten to sue him.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

CrazyLoon posted:

Turkish culture in general is pretty homoerotic, TBH.

And yea, turks but also balkanites of most any kind TBH pretty much have been the Mexicans of Germany for several decades now, actually.

That's why germans like skit try to throw Turks out. They're okay with german weird sex but as soon as non aryans do it in Germany? Ohhh noooo

*lol skit's not a bad guy I'm just loling at my attempts to paint him as such*

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy

Mmh, I'd love to oil-wrestle a buff Turk. :getin:

Shala posted:

They're okay with german weird sex but as soon as non aryans do it in Germany? Ohhh noooo

Hey, the fact that we invented the poo poo fetish doesn't mean we have weird sex.

skit herre fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Nov 7, 2015

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
My boss asked me why my work that I turned in today was a piece of poo poo, I told him it's because i'm very open with my development process. It worked.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
My refund finally kicked in. Came via PayPal from "Twin Bros. GMBH"... WTF? Money laundering confirmed?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

JackDarko posted:

My boss asked me why my work that I turned in today was a piece of poo poo, I told him it's because i'm very open with my development process. It worked.

Your boss is a Star Citizen whale.

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy

Vax posted:

My refund finally kicked in. Came via PayPal from "Twin Bros. GMBH"... WTF? Money laundering confirmed?

On one hand, get in contact with dsmart. On the other hand, gently caress him for working with Vox Day.

Dirty Hairy
Oct 18, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Vax posted:

I heard DS was interested in those returns if any popped up. Dunno why, yet. He just wanted to know when people got them.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Shala posted:

I mean you haven't invested like any fuckin time into your SA little side bar there so I'm not expecting great poo poo from you in SC.

You and your sound financial decisions can get the gently caress out.

I refuse to give money to sa on the grounds that id rather use it for drugs and potatoe chips

Actually I tried donating for the server move but kept getting an error

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Also please don't shame me because I have no av

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy

Shala posted:

(Also you motherfuckers need to stop switching to really good english when I say 'I wanna try my German'")

Oh, sorry for that. I will bring it up when we have our next German meeting on tuesday.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Eonwe posted:

I'm reading manga

what manga were you reading?

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

skit herre posted:

Oh, sorry for that. I will bring it up when we have our next German meeting on tuesday.

Yeah I know you fuckers love rallies.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

Romes128 posted:

Actually I tried donating for the server move but kept getting an error

yeah sure.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Shala posted:

depends on the rally

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy

Shala posted:

Who doesn't? I love the part where we all put our black hoodies on and throw bricks at the police.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

skit herre posted:

Who doesn't? I love the part where we all put our black hoodies on and throw bricks at the police.
I love the part where the car spins out of control and cartwheels through idiots surrounding the hairpin.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy
As long as someone wasn't making you feel bad about nationalism you throw bricks, yeah ;P

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Great the neos showed up now ARE YOU PLEASED DEREK?

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Vax posted:

PM derek!

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

SharkTattoos posted:

As a neobacker I can't get enough of the FREELANCER MIS.

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy

Shala posted:

As long as someone wasn't making you feel bad about nationalism you throw bricks, yeah ;P

Eh what? I don't get this one.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Vax posted:

Derek will definitely want to have a word with you, as he's collecting Twin Bros refund accounts... Just let him get through tomorrow's powwow with the supremacist tomorrow and he will probably come knocking...

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

SharkTattoos posted:

NeoSapien supremacy is inevitable! /Phaeton

We are talking about ExoSquad fans, rite?

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

G0RF posted:

...Just let him get through tomorrow's powwow with the supremacist tomorrow and he will probably come knocking...

I thought the anti-mudblood characters in Harry Potter were a little over the top... until I read a bit of that Vox guy's writing. :jebstare:

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
There is a fantastic doner place a few miles from here that also has authentic German beer on tap. Been a while since I went, I believe it is about time

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

Tortolia posted:

There is a fantastic doner place a few miles from here that also has authentic German beer on tap. Been a while since I went, I believe it is about time

I'm supremely jelly.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Even when he's basically entirely correct Derek still can't help but embarrass himself at the same time. Its beautiful.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Pierson posted:

:siren: Vox Day is a literal neo-fascist :siren: who believes black people are subhuman, women should not have the vote and that it's totally fine to throw acid at feminists to protect traditional values. Gay people are a genetic mistake that should be cleansed and the Taliban were correct to shoot Malala in the face.

:siren: Vox Day is a literal neo-fascist. :siren: If you search for even a small amount of time you will probably be able to find someone with exactly the same opinions and level of intelligence as him without the insane all-consuming baggage of awful garbage or toxic community that gathers around him.

:siren: Vox Day is a literal neo-fascist. :siren: Who gives a gently caress what side he's on in the internet spaceship debate because the correct answer is 'the airless side of a real-life airlock'.

Okay so I haven't been paying attention to this GG stuff aside from occasionally cruising by the slap-fight on /r/KIA but I kind of assumed the Vox Day stuff was the usual exaggerated bashing of a person who disagrees about video games. I decided to read some of these for myself rather than just take your word for it- wow. Those are his actual opinions.

Derek you probably should not go on his show.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Tortolia posted:

das beste

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

I'm just kinda pissy at 'em cause he's like "Yeah that's here but you know, whatevs" and I'd totally cut a guy for a doner atm.

I know I'm not gonna get my doners, but I'm just gonna let you german goons know: "I prolly got a kid there but I dunno who they are so thx for the rebound bros."

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Shala posted:

I'd totally cut a gay for a doner atm.

Christ this is out of control.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Vax posted:

Is CIG that broke that Ortwins company has to pick up the tab for a few thousand dollars worth of refund requests?

My guess is that they are trying to protect CIGs image on paper so they can attract investors or sell the company. Ever since "revelations" have been surfacing they have kicked into overdrive massive internet and media purge campaign designed to protect the company's image and the image of CR and Sandi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

Loiosh posted:

My understanding is that you can offer a bounty on another player. It's been awhile since I heard (Ex-CIG member) Rob Irving talk about it. But the intention was at that time in PVP areas you could flag another player and then offer a bounty contract on them. Other players could collect. It's a bit different from EVE as the areas are not universal, it's instanced. If you're wanting to track down another player, you have to flag them in game (so the server knows to match your instances). You'll only find them in a PVP zone. Supposedly areas that are in heavy control, like UEE areas, will not allow this via some method. This is the kind of stuff that has to be worked out. I recall how Age of Conan launched and how much it changed from their hardcore philosophy. I'm sure, assuming SC ever launches, there will be all kinds of changes in the gameplay design.

There's no set limit on it that I'm aware of, but there are factors the influence. The larger the ship, the more material is required to build it. Much like EVE, to build ships, the actual required materials have to be transported to the various factories, components shipped, and all assembled. Only then do you get the replacement. Small ships are easy to replace, they're common and all over the place being built. Large ships take more. A critical difference between EVE and SC (again, all of this is proposed because of course there is no SC out right now), is that the economy is almost entirely run by NPCs. There's a lot more of them than player characters in the economy. However, those large ships will still take time to build. That's one of the ways of discouraging LTI abuse.

And yup, money money money. Though supposedly they will not be selling ships at launch. At that point, you'll be getting them for in-game credit only, so no more $5k idris-Ps. -- Again, something said, so who knows how it'll be by the time SC launches, if ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8G-S-sExOg

• Locked thread