Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Hey let's talk about Star Citizen!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15045-Weekly-Development-Update
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15043-Monthly-Studio-Report

I skimmed both of these looking for new shots or footage from Alpha 2.0. Credit where it is due- the ship UI update video is pretty cool and a lot closer to what I thought they should work like. Can't help but note that it doesn't appear to be actually integrated into a functioning version of the engine though.

Everything else is the usual "We're very busy on this thing, no release dates" and all the shots/videos are from the Con. It's really very hard to tell if any progress has actually been made at all or if we're still half a year from seeing a PU demo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I've got a status update for you right here: :grin:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

G0RF posted:

"Paaaarpp!"

(I showed this to my son tonight. I am going to be hearing airhorns for weeks now. But it was worth it for the laughs.)

I was never much a Wing Commander guy so I hadn't really paid any attention to Star Citizen despite many goons praising it but when I saw this video I knew something beautiful was pupating.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Status update:

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

G0RF posted:

"Paaaarpp!"

(I showed this to my son tonight. I am going to be hearing airhorns for weeks now. But it was worth it for the laughs.)

I'm listening to this on my monitor's lovely built in speakers and Chris Roberts sounds just like Lumpy Space Princess.

It's kind of amazing.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Vox day is a person associated with gamergate, not a calendar date.

Just posting the info i figured out for all the normals

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

The Saddest Robot posted:

I'm listening to this on my monitor's lovely built in speakers and Chris Roberts sounds just like Lumpy Space Princess.

It's kind of amazing.

I can see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmC1vknpqgg

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sarsapariller posted:

Okay so I haven't been paying attention to this GG stuff aside from occasionally cruising by the slap-fight on /r/KIA but I kind of assumed the Vox Day stuff was the usual exaggerated bashing of a person who disagrees about video games. I decided to read some of these for myself rather than just take your word for it- wow. Those are his actual opinions.

Derek you probably should not go on his show.

Same here, I haven't followed GG at all but I'd sooner go to the David Duke Radio Show than be associated with this guy in any way. This guy is scum and you should know it Derek. This was some serious self-ownage.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

0:35 kinda sounds like something Sandi would probably do, tho.

Or 1:15

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

The Saddest Robot posted:

It's kind of amazing.

He sounds like Cleveland. Love the way he slips into that lovely, up at the end , mid Atlantic twang when he's really bullshitting

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Raskolnikov posted:

Status update:

Status update: working hard on the poop. Poop any day now. 100% red-alert all hands on deck full department crunch time defcon 0 poop development begins now.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

MeLKoR posted:

Same here, I haven't followed GG at all but I'd sooner go to the David Duke Radio Show than be associated with this guy in any way. This guy is scum and you should know it Derek. This was some serious self-ownage.

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015
What is King Derek doing with this vox day character? I must have skipped a few pages, because I missed Derek's post and just started seeing people scold him. Given his ethnic heritage :smuggo:, I'm sure he wouldn't knowingly associate with a notorious racist.

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

MeLKoR posted:

The whole GamerGate idea is just another flies on poo poo analogy. You've got insufferably depraved idiots from two extremes fighting over a charred banana. I know DS has been on board with this business before so I can understand if he has some kind of tie-in to the GG thought camp but it is also worth noting, DS if you're reading this, that you're giving your adversaries ammunition by supporting this guy. He's literally doing a cause I know you're keen on a disservice and you are better telling him to gently caress off. Could have at least found a GGer that isn't morally bankrupt.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Sarsapariller posted:

Status update: working hard on the poop. Poop any day now. 100% red-alert all hands on deck full department crunch time defcon 0 poop development begins now.

its been two weeks since ive produced some good poop. I hope the poop director doesn't give me a new poop project. I just need another two days to get this really moving. Who am I kidding, he probably is going to arbitrarily reject my poo poo for no good reason. I wish I could poop as much as Ben. He's been promoted five times.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Threatening litigation at cripples, who prolly won't live past age 30, and now interviewing racist complete psychos about the ethics of CIG.

Welp...even if he goes through with this and it all blows up in his face, at least unlike CIG Derek Smart doesn't disappoint. Never a dull moment with him around. :munch:

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Nov 7, 2015

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov posted:

Status update:

Amun Khonsu fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Nov 7, 2015

Dirty Hairy
Oct 18, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Lord_NeckBeard posted:

What is King Derek doing with this vox day character? I must have skipped a few pages, because I missed Derek's post and just started seeing people scold him. Given his ethnic heritage :smuggo:, I'm sure he wouldn't knowingly associate with a notorious racist.

I'm gonna take a guess that he doesn't know who this guy is.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

Im_drunk posted:

The whole GamerGate idea is just another flies on poo poo analogy. You've got insufferably depraved idiots from two extremes fighting over a charred banana. I know DS has been on board with this business before so I can understand if he has some kind of tie-in to the GG thought camp but it is also worth noting, DS if you're reading this, that you're giving your adversaries ammunition by supporting this guy. He's literally doing a cause I know you're keen on a disservice and you are better telling him to gently caress off. Could have at least found a GGer that isn't morally bankrupt.

I mean if it was me I wouldn't give anyone who mentioned GG the loving time of day.

Dsmizzle tho wants to try and be that guy who rights the wrong that doesn't need righting.

He's fighting for our abilities to maybe be able to explain GG to our kids one day when they eventually find ED. You know this is gonna be awkward.

Shala fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Nov 7, 2015

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Shala posted:

Dsmizzle tho wants to try and be that guy who rights the wrong that doesn't need righting.

That does seem to be the common thread with everyone involved in it, from the SJWs to the GGers themselves. And both are loving disgusting in how they go about it.

So if he wants to bring the discourse down to that level of poo poo-slinging, then yeah - this would deffo be the quickest way to go about it!

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

CrazyLoon posted:

That does seem to be the common thread with everyone involved in it, from the SJWs to the GGers themselves. And both are loving disgusting.

So if he wants to bring the discourse down to that level of poo poo-slinging, then yeah - this would deffo be the quickest way to go about it!

Yeah and at one point I may have been a better guy than that but at this point I'm just super :spacemunch:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

:yikes:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Dirty Hairy posted:

I'm gonna take a guess that he doesn't know who this guy is.

:cmon:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" :shrek:

You sit there chatting with a literal psycho and no way is any of that gonna rub on you, especially after having been accused of being GG by CIG.

:downsowned:

God drat it Derek hold it together man.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

MeLKoR posted:

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" :shrek:

You sit there chatting with a literal psycho and no way is any of that gonna rub on you, especially after having been accused of being GG by CIG.

:downsowned:

God drat it Derek hold it together man.

The truest truth of the night to be sure.

SeraphEightyFour
Nov 6, 2015

by Cowcaster

Eonwe posted:

I'm pretty sure this guy is more mentally ill than Caro
Enough already with the heaping praise it's gonna go to my head you guys. You don't want me to get a big ego trust.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I'm not sure if he's crazier than Caro but I sure hope he ends up in the same place.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'm not sure if he's crazier than Caro but I sure hope he ends up in the same place.

Now that's kinda hosed up

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

Sarsapariller posted:

I skimmed both of these looking for new shots or footage from Alpha 2.0. Credit where it is due- the ship UI update video is pretty cool and a lot closer to what I thought they should work like.

While we're giving credit where it's due, the ship fly-by audio sounds incredible. :jeb: The video though sounds like "this is my demo reel for when I go to work at a real video game company."

Seriously though, the audio team has always seemed to have their poo poo together, possibly because it's such an inscrutable field that even Chris Roberts can't micro-manage it to death. I hope those guys and girls get hired by someone competent as soon as possible.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

Hey let's talk about Star Citizen!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15045-Weekly-Development-Update
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15043-Monthly-Studio-Report

I skimmed both of these looking for new shots or footage from Alpha 2.0. Credit where it is due- the ship UI update video is pretty cool and a lot closer to what I thought they should work like. Can't help but note that it doesn't appear to be actually integrated into a functioning version of the engine though.

Everything else is the usual "We're very busy on this thing, no release dates" and all the shots/videos are from the Con. It's really very hard to tell if any progress has actually been made at all or if we're still half a year from seeing a PU demo.

The new UI stuff is pretty decent. It's a shame the cockpit designs are nearly all loving stupid. "Hey we want this game to have top of the line graphics. BTW we'll be obscuring half your screen (or more) with bullshit so you'll barely be able to see these awesome graphics."

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

I fear the cooperation that is Activation too!

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

CrazyLoon posted:

I fear the cooperation that is Activation too!
if you didn't believe CIG isn't milking the mentally ill and disabled for every dollar they can, well, just imagine this person. Imagine.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

"developers at the head of the wheel"

Where's that Chris+Carmageddon pic when you need one...

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I wish Derek would go on an interview with Jim Sterling instead. That would be fun and would probably end up with them getting married somehow.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Hi I have a fundamental misunderstanding of the difference in scale between Wing Commander and Assassin's Creed Syndicate, to whom do I sign cheques for thousands of dollars?

SeraphEightyFour
Nov 6, 2015

by Cowcaster
Large cooperations are polluting the planet and exploiting the poor! They must be stopped!

https://youtu.be/TwJaELXadKo

SelenicMartian posted:

"developers at the head of the wheel"

Where's that Chris+Carmageddon pic when you need one...

Someone get on this.

SeraphEightyFour fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Nov 7, 2015

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015

Yeah, I'm so sick of all those evil publishers setting deadlines and making sure games actually get made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
I hate it when corporations monetize me for 59.99 and then a further 29.99 on top and let me apply a 30% discount.

I would much rather make my own financial decisions, thank you. For instance, this $2,500 ship is a STEAL at $2,000 and it's mine for life!

These statements don't need picking apart; they unravel by themselves. Much like their authors.

• Locked thread