Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

The comments section is a AAA mustread:

https://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/the-most-ambitious-space-game-in-history-has-raised--94-million--so-where-is-it-213831707.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Aesaar posted:

The new UI stuff is pretty decent. It's a shame the cockpit designs are nearly all loving stupid. "Hey we want this game to have top of the line graphics. BTW we'll be obscuring half your screen (or more) with bullshit so you'll barely be able to see these awesome graphics."

It's cool from a visual perspective but seems pretty over complicated for gameplay. Oh no I'm being shot at, better give more energy to my shields! Hmm... *opens reactor menu* *opens energy redirect sub menu* *opens "rear shields" sub menu* *flies blindly into the side of an asteroid*

SeraphEightyFour
Nov 6, 2015

by Cowcaster

quote:

Let me start off by saying I'm not a Star Citizen fan and don't have any money on this game...

Some games only receive my initial $20 buy in while others receive over $1,000 over time
My takeaway:

-spending $1000+ on a single vidyagame is normal and healthy

-this commenter is absolutely 100% full of poo poo about not being a backer. In all likelihood he's a Space Marshal or Wing Commander level Pledger.

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015

Mr. Sharps posted:

It's cool from a visual perspective but seems pretty over complicated for gameplay. Oh no I'm being shot at, better give more energy to my shields! Hmm... *opens reactor menu* *opens energy redirect sub menu* *opens "rear shields" sub menu* *flies blindly into the side of an asteroid*

This too. Directional shield controls sounds cool in theory, but in practice, no one is going to be loving around with them in the middle of a fight. At best they'll press an equalize shields key (which, in Freespace 2, is the only shield control anyone cares about). What's more is that if shields block 100% of all damage until they go down, there's no point to controlling shield distribution. Equalizing shields across all quadrants works just as well.

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
Blimey, posting a Star Citizen article on the internet is like switching on a bat signal. Only instead of a bat it's a circle with two small arms sticking out of it.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Sharps posted:

Or you can just press ].

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Daniel posted:

No one put a gun to our heads to buy into Star Citizen. We bought in because we thought it would be a great game. So far I have not been disappointed.

1. It is the most transparent development I have EVER seen for a AAA game.

Help I'm dying

Jason posted:

When did Yahoo hire Derek Smart? I used to have respect for yahoo not to stoop to click bait titles. If you are going to post an article at least try to make it appear different than that swill that was the escapist article. 10 thumbs down Yahoo.

That bastion of quality journalism, Yahoo! Games.

quote:

I'm surprised that you are taking notes from Derek Smart, the notorious game developer whose own game has been in development hell for years now, has had a longer production time than Star Citizen, goes out of his way to trash other games (Planetside 2, Elite Dangerous, etc.)

Do you really think that just throwing money at it will make it be made faster? Kind of like the idea that if you put 9 women together, they can make one baby in a month. Games take time to make, you just don't hear about it until they are near release.

Star Citizen has had one of the most OPEN developments of any other game out there, with WEEKLY updates.

OPEN DEVELOPMENT

e:

Juan posted:

This is to be expected. This game is raised too much money. The games has world wide audience. The game is just to dang big for just one man. This is why. The powers that be want in. The folks who control everything. I mean the people who put behemoth Faces on blown up cars in CoD Black Ops and 666 on licences plates in Enemy Within. These folk don't play around and until they get their cut? We will not see this game EVER!

:tinfoil:

e2: Oh god people unironically saying "Uhhhhhhhhhhh look at Destiny and Spore and how wildly successful and critically acclaimed they are!" as a positive. Destiny. And SPORE. As GOOD EXAMPLES SC should aspire towards. gently caress me.

CROWS EVERYWHERE fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Nov 7, 2015

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Aesaar posted:

This too. Directional shield controls sounds cool in theory, but in practice, no one is going to be loving around with them in the middle of a fight. At best they'll press an equalize shields key (which, in Freespace 2, is the only shield control anyone cares about). What's more is that if shields block 100% of all damage until they go down, there's no point to controlling shield distribution. Equalizing shields across all quadrants works just as well.

It'll be mapped to a hat on a HOTAS. In the case of shields, usually these get mapped with a shift key. (Joy button 10 + Hat 1 Up, as an example). I've also seen a lot of people using Voice Attack for those kind of controls: http://www.voiceattack.com/

It's not a difficult problem to solve.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

"serious gamer"

:lol:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Dear Dane, Chris Robers has put every cent of the $90 million (which is HIS since we gave it to him) into this game, and every minute of every day of every week of every month of his time into this game.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

quote:

You tried...you really did try to remain unbiased, but unfortunately you’ve gotten all caught up in Derek Smart's convoluted make-believe world of crowdfunding conspiracies that make the JFK shooter on the hill seem like fact and not fiction. Even using Derek Smart and the Escapist as a source for your article means you’re one of those people that probably took it all in at face value without doing any research of your own before becoming a mouth piece for one of the biggest trolls the Internet has ever seen. Glad you at least mentioned the horrid affair of the DS flame wars from the 90‘s, but let’s not mention the reality that is Derek Smart, or the fact that the Escapist Online Magazine wrote a smear piece based on so-called anonymous sources that weren’t so anonymous and not properly vetted at all.

You also write as if you haven’t been writing about games and virtual goods all that long. For instance, you mention the high-price of some of the space ships that are available to be purchased with real money through Star Citizens online game shop that are to be used in the game. Forget that virtual goods for games have been a part of the gaming scene for years. For instance a guy bought a virtual sword for the online Chinese game Age of Wulin and paid $16,000 USD for it, and that was before the game was released. Or how about a guy that spent $330,000 for a virtual space station...yeah, that’s right, $330,000 USD for a virtual space station. This kind of spending takes place in online games on a daily basis, in fact online virtual items are a multi-billion, yes, that’s right...not thousands, not millions, but a multi-billion dollar industry. So don’t write your article and make it seem like it’s “astounding” that people would pay that kind of money for a virtual item in an online game - because it is not something new.

Crowdfunded projects generally offers people that donate money different monetary tiers. These tiers can range from $5 to thousands of dollars. This is also not new. A game recently went into crowdfunding on Kickstarter called Infinity Battlescape - know what, you can donate upto $10,000 USD. Want to know what you get for that donation...a virtual billboard with your name on it placed in the game. No space ship - just a virtual billboard - oh and a title in the credits as a producer, and some other little cosmetic things “for space ships” like custom skins - but no, no space ship. Want to talk about “savors of exploitation”. You did write that in your article, that donating money in exchange for virtual items “savors of exploitation”.

I also noticed you failed to mention anything regarding that fact that Star Citizen has actually only been under “full development for a little less that 2 years”. Yep, two years. This ideal that Derek Smart says the game has been in “full development” for 4 years or even 3 years is total BS. Hell they didn’t even have all their studios to produce the game in place until this year! Plus, games of this magnitude and scope are not made in a couple of years. It takes 4 to 5 years to make a half-way decent MMO. Took 7+ years for SWG and cost upwards of $250+ million USD to make.

Oh hey and look, you can by virtual items in that game too! Astounding! Must be an means to exploit gamers!

Want to talk about exploitation, (in my opinion)why not do some real writing about how Steam allows wanne-be developers like Derek Smart place incomplete, buggy and non-functioning games up on Early Access where he can make money by ripping off gamers. Yeah, why didn’t you mention that? Oh, because it doesn’t fit into your narrative. Forget that fact that Derek Smart sells broken games on Steam and then doesn’t offer people a refund when they find out his game doesn’t work as stated(Line of Defense is the lowest rated game in the history of Steam and Derek continues to rip people off who purchase it). In fact if you ask for a refund he bans you, deletes your comment and calls you a troll. Would you like me to post a few dozen examples of where he has done this? Hell, just Google Line of Defense - Steam, then go to the forums for his game. You can read for yourself how he treats the people that bought it. Then also, lest we forget, Derek’s game Line of Defense has been in the works for 7+ years with no completion date given by Derek(except in the past where he has never met previous release dates he gave numerous times!). What he does say now is, “It’ll be done when it’s done.” Yea...Derek’s a real good guy there.

::sigh:: You think you’re writing a great article. Well pat yourself on the back. Sit back in your chair and be all smug and think you’ve done gamers all around the world a great service - you’re saving them from themselves and the big bad game developer that is just exploiting them to make money!

But now let’s take a look at what you’ve really accomplished.

So congratulations, you have officially become a part of Derek Smart’s delusional campaign of helping to bring down crowdfunded games. Yes, you - the writer of this article. Derek may think he is some kind of righteous wanna-be savior of gamers because he has to protect them from themselves - Titus Flavius forbid a person can’t spend their money how they see fit. No, Derek Smart has to ride in, and like Don Quixote fighting the evil dragon, he must kill that dreaded windmill!

That is the impact articles like this are having. You are contributing to the destruction of crowdfunding games and other projects. Remember that game I mention Infinity Battlescape? It is now having a really hard time raising even the $300,000 USD that are asking for. A mere $300k for a game that is nearly complete and it can’t raise $300k. Want to know why? Just read the comments people have made about your own article. In my opinion, articles like this are now saying crowdfunding is a scam and that the developers are just out to get your money. Other previous games like Star Citizen and Elite: Dangerous met their crowdfunding goals in record times...and neither of those games were at the point in development Infinity Battlescape is currently.

Again, let me congratulate you on your wonderful article - thank you for participating in one of the biggest bullshit smear campaigns ever perpetrated, filled with innuendo, rumors, anonymous sources and zero facts.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

The Yahoo article is pretty balanced and reasonable, too. The Escapist article was pretty heavy handed and only really told one side of the story, but the Yahoo article basically says there are differing opinions and maybe it'll all work out OK in the end.

The fact that it makes SC backers so angry and upset that someone would dare to say that there are differing opinions on the game and it might not be a success is extremely telling. Their biggest fear right now seems to be the truth.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Shala posted:

The piss jar in the back really ties the room together.

There's an anime in the picture so I assume it's a cum jar.

The anime goes in the cum jar. Like Piss Christ but with cum.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Help I'm dying

That bastion of quality journalism, Yahoo! Games.

OPEN DEVELOPMENT

e:

:tinfoil:

e2: Oh god people unironically saying "Uhhhhhhhhhhh look at Destiny and Spore and how wildly successful and critically acclaimed they are!" as a positive. Destiny. And SPORE. As GOOD EXAMPLES SC should aspire towards. gently caress me.

Ds doesn't talk bad about other games. IIRC he praised elite and rebel

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Virtual goods

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Why does Chris look like he's going to throw up all the time? Is it a coke thing?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Chalks posted:

The Yahoo article is pretty balanced and reasonable, too. The Escapist article was pretty heavy handed and only really told one side of the story, but the Yahoo article basically says there are differing opinions and maybe it'll all work out OK in the end.

The fact that it makes SC backers so angry and upset that someone would dare to say that there are differing opinions on the game and it might not be a success is extremely telling. Their biggest fear right now seems to be the truth.

It almost sexually excites me to think about how fuckin angry these star shitizens will be when a sub par fps + an elite dangerous clone gets released. Lollllllll.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Chalks posted:

Yeah, it's a very milquetoast "Maybe the answer is somewhere in the middle? :shobon:" article, especially compared to the "Jesus gently caress what are these guys even doing" articles people who have actually read into what's going on write. But obviously this means they're spreading FUD and are firmly in the pockets of Derek "loving" Smart.

SeraphEightyFour
Nov 6, 2015

by Cowcaster

Romes128 posted:

It almost sexually excites me to think about how fuckin angry these star shitizens will be when a sub par fps + an elite dangerous clone gets released. Lollllllll.
Thinking about you being sexually excited by cultists' rage makes me sexually excited. Which is pretty impressive considering I just blew a huge load into my girlfriend's tight little rear end about six minutes ago. Like I shouldn't even be able to get hard for at least another 15 mins this poo poo be crazy.

Berious posted:

Why does Chris look like he's going to throw up all the time? Is it a coke thing?

That and the whole living a lie that is doomed to collapse on your head thing. Much like the captain of the Titanic judt after it struck the iceberg, i think Chris probably has some vague awareness of his impending doom. He probably has a fairly accurate vision of some enraged rando spergtard who has had enough waiting for the BDSSE finally decides to take matters into his own hands and storm CIG Santa Monica (looking at you, Octopode).

SeraphEightyFour fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Nov 7, 2015

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

quote:

Holy cow, does this author not know that the next major expansion of SC is actually going to include part of the persistent universe, AHEAD of schedule? This game is not behind schedule at all, only STAR MARINE is behind, but that is one component of a much larger whole. The game has been cooking along for quite some time, and unifying all these parts is a whole ball of wax on it's own. The game has been making steady progress, the kicker here is nothing has been rushed, this is WHY it's taking forever, however in this instant gratification based world of ours, we have been dealt crap from other publishers and developers and just thought to ourselves this is the way games are now.

The reason this seems all foreign to most people, millennials and on is that there was a time that developers were ABOVE and in control of publishers in the dev-pub relationship, which means the developer took at much time as they needed to get the game right and released, there was no publisher rushing the developer to release the game broken and/or incomplete because there was no "we'll patch it later."

Star Citizen IS making progress, steadily, it is NOT behind schedule except for Star Marine, which those issues have been resolved, however Chris Roberts and team having to stop and deal with the likes of Derek Smart and all these doom and gloomers IS slowing things down, yet they can't ignore it because their silence has been used as the accusation as to why the doom and gloom is correct, using the "Silence means your guilty" assumption.

So they have to stop, make statements, defend themselves and of course that's now being used as further reasoning as to why Star Citizen is supposedly doomed.

And all I keep thinking is, Let the man work for christ's sake, as long as progress is being made, steadily regardless of speed it will get done when it's done. Why does it have to make a certain schedule? Why rush it? and more over why is it that every gaming media wants to see this project fail?

It's because plain and simply, this game is being made by the people who funded it, and for the people who funded it, it creates the sense of ownership and control that gaming companies DO NOT like people having, Chris Roberts has essentially bypassed the "proper" order of things, He has not gone with a major publisher, he has not gone with a major developer, and more over is going outside the 'establishment' of game production.

It creates the sense that, if someone can independently and succesfully make a AAA game title, develop it and publish it, then what do we need with the likes of EA or Activision or any other publisher, d they don't like that one bit, they don't want people thinking that, they want everyone to know and be reminded of why we 'NEED' them.

the reality is we don't and that's what scares the hell out of them.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
hahahaha we are now ahead of schedule

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

SC - the first game to release an expansion before the base game exists.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Hey seraaaph i cant see your posts. Whats gonna do? Since you cant even afford avatars for everyone with that monthly allowance of yours.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
This is such a train wreck. It hurts so bad. I hope the revised edition of DSM 5 has Starcitizenopathy personality disorder. They can put it with histrionic disorder and narcissistic disorder. My psych is a little rusty. Those two are in the same group I think.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Berious posted:

That is the look of virtual masturbation

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

EminusSleepus posted:

That is the look of virtual masturbation

I thought he was training his gag reflex since Sandi wears the pants in that relationship.

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015

Loiosh posted:

It'll be mapped to a hat on a HOTAS. In the case of shields, usually these get mapped with a shift key. (Joy button 10 + Hat 1 Up, as an example). I've also seen a lot of people using Voice Attack for those kind of controls: http://www.voiceattack.com/

It's not a difficult problem to solve.

And FS2 mapped those controls to the keyboard arrow keys. Doesn't matter. No one used them because loving with your shield distribution in a fast-paced dog fight is something you don't really have time to think about, especially if equalizing shields across all quadrants is effectively the same, works for all directions, and only requires you to push one button. It's not like SC is the first game to have this idea.

Aesaar fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Nov 7, 2015

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Tace Vim posted:

quote:

Holy cow, does this author not know that the next major expansion of SC is actually going to include part of the persistent universe, AHEAD of schedule? This game is not behind schedule at all, only STAR MARINE is behind, but that is one component of a much larger whole. The game has been cooking along for quite some time, and unifying all these parts is a whole ball of wax on it's own. The game has been making steady progress, the kicker here is nothing has been rushed, this is WHY it's taking forever, however in this instant gratification based world of ours, we have been dealt crap from other publishers and developers and just thought to ourselves this is the way games are now.

The reason this seems all foreign to most people, millennials and on is that there was a time that developers were ABOVE and in control of publishers in the dev-pub relationship, which means the developer took at much time as they needed to get the game right and released, there was no publisher rushing the developer to release the game broken and/or incomplete because there was no "we'll patch it later."

Star Citizen IS making progress, steadily, it is NOT behind schedule except for Star Marine, which those issues have been resolved, however Chris Roberts and team having to stop and deal with the likes of Derek Smart and all these doom and gloomers IS slowing things down, yet they can't ignore it because their silence has been used as the accusation as to why the doom and gloom is correct, using the "Silence means your guilty" assumption.

So they have to stop, make statements, defend themselves and of course that's now being used as further reasoning as to why Star Citizen is supposedly doomed.

And all I keep thinking is, Let the man work for christ's sake, as long as progress is being made, steadily regardless of speed it will get done when it's done. Why does it have to make a certain schedule? Why rush it? and more over why is it that every gaming media wants to see this project fail?

It's because plain and simply, this game is being made by the people who funded it, and for the people who funded it, it creates the sense of ownership and control that gaming companies DO NOT like people having, Chris Roberts has essentially bypassed the "proper" order of things, He has not gone with a major publisher, he has not gone with a major developer, and more over is going outside the 'establishment' of game production.

It creates the sense that, if someone can independently and succesfully make a AAA game title, develop it and publish it, then what do we need with the likes of EA or Activision or any other publisher, d they don't like that one bit, they don't want people thinking that, they want everyone to know and be reminded of why we 'NEED' them.

the reality is we don't and that's what scares the hell out of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW4kaQk50Vo

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I still can't get over reusing year old renders to hype Alpha 2.0 which is allegedly coming really soon.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

quote:

Gordon, Gordon, Gordon.... when you write this stuff, many things come to mind. One, somebody didn't buy you that special Christmas toy you always wanted, didn't they?

I've Alpha and Beta tested many mmo games over the last decade. From EverQuest to Star Wars: The Old Republic, never before has any of those developers been so transparent in how they are using the money they generate, what the ship 'concept sales' are actually for any why they do them, and it has nothing do with buying and playing the game. It's about going from a piloting game to a robust universe, a triple A game that other developers will be envious about.

Anybody wondering about where it is, go to Youtube and do a search for Star Citizen and you can watch all the content, in game, developer discussions, heck they even produce a video segment called 'Bugsmashers' where they actually go into the game code, shows people how they find and smash the bugs that hinder game play.

As for an idiot like Derek Smart, if I ever meet that nut, I'd sock em one in the kisser. The jail time would be worth it. I've been there for every disparaging post he has made from day one. All I can say about him, is he is a troll, an agitator who is acting like a grown up five year old tantrum thrower. Gordon, do you actually know and like that guy? If so, then I can understand why you wrote this article.

Envy is a green-eyed monster. It doesn't look good under your name, in an article that is ranting about game development, especially when Star Citizen has been boldly transparent from day one. All people who are curious need to do is visit their website, read and watch the official media. That will end your false journalism right then and there.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

FireWhizzle posted:

I dunno about you guys but she's p good looking, smart enough to help accrue all our jpeg money, and smart enough to know when to :getout:, so I guess I don't really get the gross argument?

So leave for a bit and now people are talking about essentiality the fuckability of Sandi? Is this really were we've ended up? I mean really?

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

Chalks posted:

I guess they're a real journalism site, because they're falling for the same dumb logic that most 24 news channels follow:

"Our two guests tonight are Vox Day, who thinks all minorities and females should be severely beaten and then locked in cages forever, and an average NOT INSANE human being, who believes all people should have equal freedoms under the law. I suppose the truth lies someplace in the middle!"

:commissar: No, no it doesn't. Sometimes the truth lies very very close to one side of the argument, especially when the other side is comprised of pants-shittingly-retarded fanatics.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

So leave for a bit and now people are talking about essentiality the fuckability of Sandi? Is this really were we've ended up? I mean really?

its happened before hardly stunning.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Dear Dane, Chris Robers has put every cent of the $90 million (which is HIS since we gave it to him) into this game, and every minute of every day of every week of every month of his time into this game.

For every mil we gave him he probably took 10 mil out, transferred the cash elsewhere and has been playing the loan pay loan game for somewhile now, since we're still so glad to throw money their way, they're just gonna apply for more credit. So he's getting the cash, and a salary from the loans.

Sweet deal.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Goredema posted:

I guess they're a real journalism site, because they're falling for the same dumb logic that most 24 news channels follow:

"Our two guests tonight are Vox Day, who thinks all minorities and females should be severely beaten and then locked in cages forever, and an average NOT INSANE human being, who believes all people should have equal freedoms under the law. I suppose the truth lies someplace in the middle!"

:commissar: No, no it doesn't. Sometimes the truth lies very very close to one side of the argument, especially when the other side is comprised of pants-shittingly-retarded fanatics.

I dunno, you've gotta forgive the average person for seeing a video game developer with a lot of money and some pretty pictures and thinking "maybe this will be good". Understanding that the scope of the project and technical requirements are insane and the videos of people flying around in space ships apparently playing the games are unrepresentative pre-renders and rigs actually requires a fair bit of knowledge about how video games work and the history of similar games. I wouldn't expect someone writing a side story on Yahoo to really grasp these things.

The fact that average people can see that this may turn out to be a disaster is important though since it directly affects CIG's ability to sucker more people into parting with their money.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

We're talking about Yahoo messages now, which is the well-trodden comedy mines of "SC Fans have silly opinions". Come on man, catch up!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Derek, please, I support carressment of women in video games, but this Vox guy takes it way too far.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

xiansi posted:

Oh please.

There's 50+ hours of single-player game in Elite at a bare minimum.

Learning to fly starter ship is a day or so, and it'll be a week+ of hardcore play to a half way decent mid-range ship, and all that time is stupid fun.

Afterwards...yeah, you may burn out, and :frontear: exists for a reason, but there is no way you can say E:D is not worth the price of a full game.

A shitload of pages too late, but... I went as far as buying a fancy joystick with throttle and everything just to make this game playable and I still cant loving drive this game at all.

And I say that as someone who played Eve and was half decent at it (eventually) which is a total mindfuck of complexity.

Something like Rebel Galaxy is more my pace. pew pew spaceboot shootemup

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Goredema posted:

The article's pretty straight with what info it has. I know we'd all like to see some giant boots kicking CIG in the pants over this but they author is waiting to see the flames before they call it a dumpster fire.

Even a legion of morons filling their comments section with limp attempts at being clever and condescending isn't really going to convince the author there's a fire. It's going to convince the author there's a bunch of really loving dumb, rude and arrogant morons invested financially and emotionally in the contents of the dumpster that may or may not be going up in flames sometime down the track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

She is pretty hot and has money. I would also gently caress Ben though.

• Locked thread