Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

What will be the worst mod made for HoI-4?

"Historically Accurate Germany" (The mod thumbnail will be a swastika)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

"Improved German Population Management"

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The courage push the bravery: Realistic Bulgarian Borders Mod

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Cynic Jester posted:

"Improved German Population Management"

Looking forward to the developer's half page rant after Paradox shuts it down.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Actually, the worst best mod will be my Border Gore mod which makes all countries have wacky fun borders!

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Nazi Equestria mod.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The Byzantine/Roman mod.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Eye contact counters everything
I think you guys are overestimating the East vs West dev team.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I'm expecting at least 5 mods shortly after launch that all awkwardly try to add money back in to the game as a resource, and all inadvertently break the game because it turns out most of the HoI community doesn't understand what a game is.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
Probably some mod that has 500 different waffen SS division events while giving Germany insane technology boosts to " reflect history".

Also USA has always been my favorite to play in HoI, great to see them getting some awesome trees.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

more provinces mod, featuring 1000 new provinces in the balkans alone

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

BillBear posted:

Probably some mod that has 500 different waffen SS division events while giving Germany insane technology boosts to " reflect history".

Also USA has always been my favorite to play in HoI, great to see them getting some awesome trees.

I feel like I should do a USA play-through for 3. I think I'll need to do a custom start though mostly so I can re-do the army relatively quickly in terms of organization, instead of tediously shipping all my garrisons back home to upgrade and whatnot...

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Mod that replaces the ship images with that loving anime

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

BillBear posted:

Yeah, I'm really looking forwards to playing the US myself. I've got a group of friends set up to play HoI 4 multiplayer when it comes out, and for some reason I'm really looking forward to crippling the others with embargoes, especially Japan and Germany who will be short of resources to start with anyway.

ArchangeI posted:

There's a WW2 warship anime?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

ArchangeI posted:

All the country flags are represented by Hetalia portraits, all the ships are from Kancolle.

My dream game~ :swoon:

EDIT: And I guess all your planes can be Strike Witches while you're at it

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Nov 7, 2015

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Randarkman posted:

There's a WW2 warship anime?

Where the ships are small girls, yes :unsmigghh:

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I was kinda baffled why the spergy map game thread brought up a subject like the same day as the spergy military history thread until I realised there's probably a huge amount of overlap in posters isn't there

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

What the gently caress is even going on here? They're like warship transformers? Except instead of vehicles transforming into robots they transform into anime doll girls?

e: somehow i managed to type "troubles" instead of "robots"..

e2: What's the audience here? People who would like to gently caress warships? Because it just makes no goddamn sense.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Nov 7, 2015

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Last time it got linked in the grog thread they don't even transform, they sail around on surf boards and shoot at each other whilst giving each other girlish cries of encouragement. :iit:

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Yew have to be kidding me...

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
The worst Japanese ww2-related atrocity since Unit 731

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Every time I read a post on the HoI forums about how they NEED to get the Maginot Line development in '36 right or how they can't understand why the game wouldn't simulate the Chaco War of 1932 well, I can only imagine KC Green's Anime Club comics :(

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Paradox Forums posted:

The Great Depression didn't go away in 1940. American free market capitalism had totally failed during this era and nothing worked to fix it. People were literally starving to death and the boom-bust cycle had been a steady 10 years since the foundation of the United States. Hoover's hogs and all that jazz. The US was forced to seek out wars to give their economy a boost, primarily by destroying the industrial base of all their competitors.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

I remember that day in history class.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Randarkman posted:

e2: What's the audience here? People who would like to gently caress warships? Because it just makes no goddamn sense.

It's "anthropomorphization" -- turning something that's not a human into some kind of cute humanoid mascot representation. It's "a thing" in Japan. The audience consists of 1) anime pervs, 2) Japanese nationalists and 3) anime pervs who are also Japanese nationalists.

It doesn't stop there: your shipgirl can get damaged in battle, and her card art/icon thingy gets its (already-minimal) clothing progressively more torn as she gets more damaged.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

DrSunshine posted:

anime pervs who are also Japanese nationalists.

Mods pls namechange or new thread title thanks

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Jokes about American states getting merged for gameplay reasons but I bet every fiord on the Swedish coast is lovingly represented.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Alchenar posted:

Jokes about American states getting merged for gameplay reasons but I bet every fiord on the Swedish coast is lovingly represented.

that's "FJORD" you bakka gaijin

Crash74
May 11, 2009

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

The worst Japanese ww2-related atrocity since Unit 731

Where is the anime about the rape of nanking and the brutal rear end poo poo the ija did to chinese civilians or pow's? All turned into pre-pubescent schoolgirls of course "tee-hee I need to sharpen my bayonet on this baby, oops my boobie popped out".

How is this poo poo even legal? Wouldn't german government shut this poo poo down if it was released there?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

jfc shut up about anime

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Crash74 posted:

Where is the anime about the rape of nanking and the brutal rear end poo poo the ija did to chinese civilians or pow's? All turned into pre-pubescent schoolgirls of course "tee-hee I need to sharpen my bayonet on this baby, oops my boobie popped out".

How is this poo poo even legal? Wouldn't german government shut this poo poo down if it was released there?

Probably, but Germany has, by and large dealt with its WW2 legacy with dignity, both on a governmental and individual level. Japan, ehh.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

jfc shut up about anime

anime is my friend.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Alchenar posted:

Sweden is basically just Stockholm. The rest of the country is filler.

Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009

FreudianSlippers posted:

Sweden is basically just Stockholm. The rest of the country is filler.

Or Secret Denmark.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
i went to sweden once and saw a drunk guy pissing on a wall at 9am and then I had a cinnamon bun and went back to Norway - a civilised country. Sweden is trash.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Oberleutnant posted:

i went to sweden once and saw a drunk guy pissing on a wall at 9am and then I had a cinnamon bun and went back to Norway - a civilised country. Sweden is trash.

i went there one time, but their roads were a DIFFERENT COLOR
instantly home to norway to bury myself in a pile of fish and oil, and cry myself to sleep

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

Sweden is basically just Stockholm. The rest of the country is filler a place to hunt deer.

Crash74
May 11, 2009
How nurfed is your tech tree gonna be if you play as a minor state like sweden?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Crash74 posted:

How nurfed is your tech tree gonna be if you play as a minor state like sweden?

In which game?