Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Lodin posted:

Ok, I retract. I knew him and his pals were bad but loving hell. Derek should deffo not speak with this person. :staredog:

So much drama. Most forget that he has been in the game dev industry for as long as it was actually called an "industry"

https://twitter.com/voxday/status/663050676398895104

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
Why would you associate yourself with a narcissist that posts antagonizing material on the internet to garner attention and controversy. It's unpossible.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

But how we express them is key. I find keeping an open mind means that, regardless of popular opinion, one can remain objective in any discourse.

im pretty sure that expressing that whites are better than all races and that you are glad of refugees freezing to death isn't expressing your feelings on a matter correctly

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

2DCAT posted:

How does Derek smart talking to neo nazis about CIG further his goal of getting CIG to open their books?

Do you know how the great hero Mengele opened the bodies of still living Jewish children? Like that, but with books.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

You guys probably saw this already: http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/7/9687934/someone-has-spent-30000-on-star-citizen-and-says-hell-spend-more

quote:

The gamer, whose handle is Ozy311, describes taking on second jobs in real life to come up with the money (he says he hasn't financed anything) and calls Star Citizen creator Chris Roberts one of the three most influential persons in his life. (The other two also are not relatives.) He weighs in against accusations hurled at Roberts and his studio following a year of delays to core components of the game.Even better, Ozy311 says he knows he'll end up spending more money. Really, read the entire interview. Regardless of how you feel about Star Citizen, it is transfixing and worth your attention.
I'm sure this will be a rational and completely mentally all-there person.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
he literally retweeted this

lol

ahahah FROM THE MOUTHS OF BABES AM I RIGHT

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
Is Derek trolling us? :ohdear:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
can this be the Vox Day mock thread

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Eonwe posted:

it can be anything you want, friend

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Post with us on the Subforum of Betrayal.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf

Eonwe posted:

he literally retweeted this

lol

ahahah FROM THE MOUTHS OF BABES AM I RIGHT

This is why you should only create mixed babies. HEDGE YOUR BETS PEOPLE.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
derek don't be loving stupid, jesus christ

vox day posted:

If the definition of rape is stretched so far to include women who have not given consent, then I am absolutely a serial rapist. So, too, is every man I know. And if that makes me a rapist, I shall endeavor to somehow survive with that upon my conscience

vox day posted:

First, there is no such thing as marital rape. Once consent is formally given in public ceremony, it cannot be revoked... If a woman believes in the concept of marital rape, absolutely do not marry her!

vox day posted:

a few acid-burned faces is a small price to pay for lasting marriages, stable families, legitimate children, low levels of debt, strong currencies, affordable housing, homogenous populations, low levels of crime, and demographic stability

vox day posted:

One thing that is becoming evident is that regardless of culture, women cannot be trusted to use contraception in a socially responsible manner. If it is left up to them, they will kill their societies rather than give up the pleasures of alpha-chasing. This indicates that it will not be left up to them very much longer, as societies that permit women to control their birth rates will prove to be unfit, decline demographically, and eventually expire, while those that control women will prove their fitness, remain stable or continue to grow, and expand to replace the dying societies.

vox day posted:

It is absurd to imagine that there is absolutely no link between race and intelligence.

vox day posted:

Jemisin has it wrong; it is not that I, and others, do not view her as human, (although genetic science presently suggests that we are not equally homo sapiens sapiens), it is that we simply do not view her as being fully civilized for the obvious historical reason that she is not.

She is lying about the laws in Texas and Florida too. The laws are not there to let whites ” just shoot people like me, without consequence, as long as they feel threatened by my presence”, those self-defense laws have been put in place to let whites defend their lives and their property from people, like her, who are half-savages engaged in attacking them.

Jemisin’s disregard for the truth is no different than the average Chicago gangbanger’s disregard for the traditional Western code of civilized conduct. She could, if she wished, claim that privileged white males are responsible for the decline of Detroit, for the declining sales of science fiction, even for the economic and cultural decline of the United States, but that would not make it true. It would not even make it credible. Anyone who is paying sufficient attention will understand who is genuinely responsible for these problems.

Unlike the white males she excoriates, there is no evidence to be found anywhere on the planet that a society of NK Jemisins is capable of building an advanced civilization, or even successfully maintaining one without significant external support from those white males. If one considers that it took my English and German ancestors more than one thousand years to become fully civilized after their first contact with advanced Greco-Roman civilization, it should be patently obvious that it is illogical to imagine, let alone insist, that Africans have somehow managed to do the same in less than half the time at a greater geographic distance. These things take time.

Being an educated, but ignorant half-savage, with little more understanding of what it took to build a new literature by “a bunch of beardy old middle-class middle-American guys” than an illiterate Igbotu tribesman has of how to build a jet engine, Jemisin clearly does not understand that her dishonest call for “reconciliation” and even more diversity within SF/F is tantamount to a call for its decline into irrelevance.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Eonwe posted:

Newsflash, balloon boy, there's no law up here.

Reclaimer fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Nov 7, 2015

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Me and this thread.

Derek knows he's going to be talking to a white-supremacist woman-hating bigot, and he's fine with that.

Let him. He's a grown man.

:gary: PAAAAAARRRRPPPCCCCOOOOOORRRRRNNNNN!!!! :yarg:

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 7, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i dont care if derek wants to talk to the dude

i just like making fun of broken people and Vox is perfect for that

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
listening to Derek Smart get interviewed by a KKK member or whatever actually sounds pretty fun I am down.

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
Whoa there friend; I signed up to take the piss out of Squadron 42, not Combat 18.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

mormonpartyboat posted:

it can be anything you want, friend

Indeed. This is the Star Citizen thread, after all!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Derek really does seem to be following the goon playbook, so this does kind of make sense. Start up something... Start making progress... implode in a glorious ball of flames. The next logical step will be for Derek to ban kimsemus and thatguy from Twitter or something.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Vax posted:

My refund finally kicked in. Came via PayPal from "Twin Bros. GMBH"... WTF? Money laundering confirmed?

Do you live in the US?

Did you pledge to that company or to CIG?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

D_Smart posted:

So much drama. Most forget that he has been in the game dev industry for as long as it was actually called an "industry"

https://twitter.com/voxday/status/663050676398895104

nobody gives a poo poo how long he has been doing whatever, he's literally a full-blown nazi that you voluntarily choose to cooperate with, thus tacitly endorsing his viewpoints, you massive moral failure

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.

2DCAT posted:

Derek really does seem to be following the goon playbook, so this does kind of make sense. Start up something... Start making progress... implode in a glorious ball of flames. The next logical step will be for Derek to ban kimsemus and thatguy from Twitter or something.
Now, picture four white supremacists on the edge of a cliff...

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

skit herre posted:

On one hand, get in contact with dsmart. On the other hand, gently caress him for working with Vox Day.

Dude, seriously? "working with"? Isn't that a stretch?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

USA kicked Germany's rear end twice. This is an empirical fact.

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy
So I finally got my Döner, I am happy now.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Dirty Hairy posted:

I heard DS was interested in those returns if any popped up. Dunno why, yet. He just wanted to know when people got them.

yeah, we've received some more of those since my Tweet. Please email to wethebackers at outlook.com with the details. Just need to know what country you are in and which company your money was sent to when you first pledged.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

skit herre posted:

So I finally got my Döner, I am happy now.

that doesn't sound like a type of food Vox would approve of TBH

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

Sure but you are the guy saying we need to keep an open mind while interacting with a mentally ill neonazi misogynist

by all means, go do the interview, but don't pretend that guy isn't a piece of poo poo

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

D_Smart posted:

Let me put this to you as plainly as possible, so you comprehend.

Vox Day is looking for exposure.

You are giving him said exposure by doing this talk with him.

Ergo, yes, you definitely are working with him to get a literal neo-nazi that treats women (such as your wife) as subhumans more exposure.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

Derek will definitely want to have a word with you, as he's collecting Twin Bros refund accounts... Just let him get through tomorrow's powwow with the supremacist tomorrow and he will probably come knocking...

You guys are killing me here. So I'm supposed to ask for permission now to go have a chat with someone?

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
Anyone seen the movie Downfall? In it Himmler muses whether he should shake some American general's hand or give him the nazi salute.

I wonder if Derek has wondered about this himself?

edit: like what is the protocol for dealing with a neo nazi? Especially as a person of color, I can imagine there would be a lot of questions. Perhaps Vox can come up with some documentation or instructions for Derek to follow, to make things easier?

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

Nah, I don't think so. Whatever, just look at the stuff the goons have posted about that guy. He is not Fox News, he is a literal Nazi.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
That's him in the SS uniform.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

That's him in the SS uniform.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

:gary::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::yarg:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

D_Smart posted:

You guys are killing me here. So I'm supposed to ask for permission now to go have a chat with someone?

No one's saying you have to ask, we're just saying you should ask.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Lord_NeckBeard posted:

What is King Derek doing with this vox day character? I must have skipped a few pages, because I missed Derek's post and just started seeing people scold him. Given his ethnic heritage :smuggo:, I'm sure he wouldn't knowingly associate with a notorious racist.

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2015/11/brainstorm-with-derek-smart.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

D_Smart posted:

just get the permission slips signed off by goon leadership, it's not that hard

• Locked thread