Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
It's important to cultivate rape; both as a food source and for bio-diesel. I'm really warming to this man's opinions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

Theres a lot of close ups of landing gear

I'm hoping the opening question in the interview by Vox is: "So, Derek, you seem to be very successful for someone of the African species. Can you tell our listeners what you did to overcome such genetic hurdles?"

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
Honestly Derek, I think you're just being stubborn and willfully dense now. You made an interview with a guy you didn't dig very deep into, and now you don't want to back out because it'd make you feel foolish, so you're coming up with post hoc justifications for staying the course. No-ones gonna criticize you for going "Whoops, yeah this isn't a person I want to give the time of day," in the same way we wouldn't be giving CIG poo poo if they backed away from Wulf "The Wulge" Knight.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

MeLKoR posted:

It doesn't matter what he believes, you can't have tea and biscuits with a literal nazi and politely discuss the weather while ignoring the elephant in the room. That is a statement in itself.

:lesnick: is going to be there?

Don't ignore him. He'll be sad.

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
this thread is about so much more than star citizen

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
20 years internet warlording and you still haven't learned to pick your battles. You're like a greek tragic hero,it's your fate to always be undone by your hubris when victory is at hand.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
Okay I'm laughing again

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
someone literally paid $10 to change my avatar to make me sound racist when every board i post on the people know im like, the opposite

lmao

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Eonwe posted:

someone literally paid $10 to change my avatar to make me sound racist when every board i post on the people know im like, the opposite

lmao

Owned

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
Derek Smarts ethnic cleansing commander

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Eonwe posted:

I think someone mistook your reposting Vox Day stuff followed by "lol" as some sort of support. Probably because they are soft in the head.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Eonwe posted:

lmao

Wear it with pride.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
derek i disagree with you on vox and look what it has brought me

someone did a sick own on me

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Wear it with pride.

like Vox Day, perhaps

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

botany posted:

because you're giving the racist, woman hating shithead a platform to feel relevant. hows this even remotely difficult to understand.

I disagree. And it's HIS platform. I got invited.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Eonwe posted:

like all my posts are about how bad racism is, why wouldn't you make it about how I was such a caretard about Vox or something at least

Well Nazis are dumb. This seems to be a tradition. Like Hitlers book "Mein Krampf" was a totally lovely book (content and writing style). Not suprisingly since Hitler was addicted to Crystal Meth, then called "Pervitin": https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methamphetamin

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
will you ask him about his hate

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

D_Smart posted:

Yes, it's telling. Telling that they're loving morons.

Indeed. Speaking of which, it may be a good idea to consider whether this Vox Day chap is someone who is going to help or hinder the ability for SC fanatics to paint you as an insane person who should be ignored. I'm not terribly comfortable telling you whether or not you should be offended by what this guy has to say - but even if you don't care about his opinions, is having someone stand next to you and say "listen to this guy" helping your cause if that person is the very definition of an insane person who should be ignored?

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

D_Smart posted:

And you're lending credibility to that platform. Which is used to spew racist poo poo. And in turn it makes it easier to tar your character.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

ryde posted:

I think someone mistook your reposting Vox Day stuff followed by "lol" as some sort of support. Probably because they are soft in the head.

If that were the criteria, I probably would've gotten one too simply by making that logical conclusion of us having to lynch Derek, if we're now all gonna be onboard the neo-nazi train.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

D_Smart posted:

Marc Maron interviewed B. Obama on his webcast, can you guess who got a recognition boost out of it?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

lol

like the racist nazi gently caress invited a black dude to just sit and have a chat

you're incredibly dumb if you think this will end well. you're going to lose all of your credibility on this forum and elsewhere and we're just going to laugh at you.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
aww sigs dont work by default do they

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
derek smart: uncle toms cruiser 3000ad

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mein Eyes! posted:

will you ask him about his hate

no, you see, ds got invited. it would be impolite to ask a bigoted racist about being a bigot or racist. they should just keep it about star citizen.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

D_Smart posted:

You're currently a "hot topic" on the internet. Your appearence there is giving additional publicity to HIS platform. Due to your actions. This is your thing to decide on. But perhaps you should have talked to legal on this one.
I'm pretty sure your lawyers (and/or wife) would have an interesting opinion on this. And we kindly (in our own way) tell you to think about that decision.

Unless that Voxblog is dark satirical comedy. I can't believe anyone would write that seriously.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ask me about how i made someone so mad the paid $10 to make me look racist

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Eonwe posted:

lmao

Sounds like you pissed off Sandi.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Illegal Username posted:

derek smart: uncle toms cruiser 3000ad

:eyepop:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Reclaimer posted:

Marc Maron interviewed B. Obama on his webcast, can you guess who got a recognition boost out of it?

who the gently caress is obama

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Romes128 posted:

lol

like the racist nazi gently caress invited a black dude to just sit and have a chat

you're incredibly dumb if you think this will end well. you're going to lose all of your credibility on this forum and elsewhere and we're just going to laugh at you.

Don't listen to this man, Derek! He don't know what he's saying! He's just a goon SJW, and you should march on into Vox Day's embrace proudly, because as we all know - the white man marches on!

...oh.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

This Vox Day fellow sounds alright, after all he invited ME to his show :downs:

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
This thread remains the dumbest thing. The DUMBEST.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Read this Derek, this is for you.

Edit:

D_Smart posted:

I am just going to say it. I love all of you here. Simple reason being, even when we all don't agree on everything, even when poo poo goes to South real fast, it's just us. Remember, I was around back when Lowtax and me were, well, on opposite sides of the same retarded coin with both sides the same.

That said, I have read everyone's objections and while they are appreciated, I find them to be unfounded (I'm not going to say ridiculous, given that, well, this is the SA forum. everything is retarded) and without (I'm not doing this to support VD's opinions about anything, because those opinions are his) merit.

I will be fine. If nothing else, you all should come because you will be supporting me as I find yet another outlet to tell this Star Citizen story as well as the reasons I'm still engaged in it. So why not look at it that way?

Welp.... *ziiiiiipppp*

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Nov 7, 2015

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

D_Smart posted:

HOW IS THAT ANY BETTER

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

This poo poo really doesn't matter. Shitizens already think that DSmizz is the antichrist. I.e. they'll think that this VD guy is ruining his rep by associating with DS, not vice versa.

And anyone that isn't totally brain dead doesn't need to put any credence in DS to know that SC is a dumpster fire, there's evidence literally everywhere you look that has nothing to do with DS.

So I say full steam ahead Admiral Derek! Talk to this Nazi guy, can't hurt, and might be good for some giggles.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Good Dumplings posted:

He's probably telling you that's what he want to talk about, but the actual interview is probably going to be a thinly-veiled attack on Sandi ruining the project by being a woman, or on you for being a black person. You know, he'll probably make it about how bad SC has to be for "one of your kind" to notice it, something like that. If you come in letting him lead the conversation it'll go to hell fast either way.

I am just going to say it. I love all of you here. Simple reason being, even when we all don't agree on everything, even when poo poo goes to South real fast, it's just us. Remember, I was around back when Lowtax and me were, well, on opposite sides of the same retarded coin with both sides the same.

That said, I have read everyone's objections and while they are appreciated, I find them to be unfounded (I'm not going to say ridiculous, given that, well, this is the SA forum. everything is retarded) and without (I'm not doing this to support VD's opinions about anything, because those opinions are his) merit.

I will be fine. If nothing else, you all should come because you will be supporting me as I find yet another outlet to tell this Star Citizen story as well as the reasons I'm still engaged in it. So why not look at it that way?

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
Tell them Chris Roberts 'has a dream'. That'll break the ice.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
If Barack Obama went on the Vox Day Hitler Show, the news wouldn't be about Obama supporting a nazi, because he was invited. It's Vox's platform you guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so normally I try to give a bought avatar like 30 days before I switch back but that was such a limp dicked burn that im already bored of it

i may switch back sooner than t hat

• Locked thread