Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
ds during his livestream:
"im gonna ban anyone using the n word"

ds being invited to chat with vd:
"yeah, cool, im in"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
Hm no, I don't think I will listen to the racist man's stream and give him clicks

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

so normally I try to give a bought avatar like 30 days before I switch back but that was such a limp dicked burn that im already bored of it

i may switch back sooner than t hat

for the next page

MyPants
Jan 20, 2009

D_Smart posted:

OK now you're being silly. I have NO problems with VD. We all have opinions about things. Most may not be popular. But how we express them is key. I find keeping an open mind means that, regardless of popular opinion, one can remain objective in any discourse.

Anyway, go register

You have no problems with someone who thinks that you and I are subhuman trash because of our race?

That's really dumb! You should have a problem with this! How do you not have a problem with this? You are going to change no one's mind by talking to this guy. How do you not see this? You're only going to hurt yourself and give him a platform. I'm sure CIG is salivating at you being so gosh dang dense. This is dumb no matter how you look at it.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Eonwe posted:

so normally I try to give a bought avatar like 30 days before I switch back but that was such a limp dicked burn that im already bored of it

how do you get lipstick apathy? like donation amount? i too am changing my avvie and i got the apathy to match

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

This vox dude is a moron but I don't think it's worth it to get this worked up over.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Eonwe posted:

It was pretty hilarious in the context of the moment but outside that its just stupid and will force you to explain it to idiots. I'd change it back.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lastgirl posted:

how do you get lipstick apathy? like donation amount? i too am changing my avvie and i got the apathy to match

donate $5 I think

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

for the next page

you're being incredibly sensitive about this

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Eonwe posted:

for the next page

You should do the opposite of that and wear it with pride

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
derek smarts final solution for the star citizen question

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Eonwe posted:

ask me about how i made someone so mad the paid $10 to make me look racist

To the guy with reading comprehension so bad he couldn't follow this thread criticising a racist guy for the last 10 pages: please buy Eonwe his elephant back. You complete penis.

Chalks fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 7, 2015

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

D_Smart posted:

I will be fine. If nothing else, you all should come because you will be supporting me as I find yet another outlet to tell this Star Citizen story as well as the reasons I'm still engaged in it. So why not look at it that way?

By registering on the nazi's sight a viewer is giving material support to the nazi as advertisers use that metric to determine what they're gonna shell out for ads. It's not supporting you because like you said it's not your show. :cripes: Did you even think of this before you started shilling for him?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Eonwe posted:

donate $5 I think

ty friend

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

Theres a lot of close ups of landing gear

D_Smart posted:

I disagree. And it's HIS platform. I got invited.

Derek, why are you arguing the semantics between "giving him a platform" and "it's his platform"? By being interviewed you are allowing a person who thinks black people are genetically inferior to white people to expand his viewership.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Romes128 posted:

????? no

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

I am just going to say it. I love all of you here. Simple reason being, even when we all don't agree on everything, even when poo poo goes to South real fast, it's just us. Remember, I was around back when Lowtax and me were, well, on opposite sides of the same retarded coin with both sides the same.

That said, I have read everyone's objections and while they are appreciated, I find them to be unfounded (I'm not going to say ridiculous, given that, well, this is the SA forum. everything is retarded) and without (I'm not doing this to support VD's opinions about anything, because those opinions are his) merit.

I will be fine. If nothing else, you all should come because you will be supporting me as I find yet another outlet to tell this Star Citizen story as well as the reasons I'm still engaged in it. So why not look at it that way?
Derek it's OK to be wrong sometimes. I believe in you. Do the right thing.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Fil5000 posted:

This thread remains the dumbest thing. The DUMBEST.

So I hear there's another Mass Effect game being made.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i bought my av back

guy who is buying avatars please make the burn funny if you buy it again, thank you

also, lol at my av history

https://esarahpalinonline.com/soap/?username=Eonwe

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Romes128 posted:

I'm pretty sure that's the proper reaction

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
derek, we probably can't change your mind about going on this literal no-joke nazi's interview, but at the very least please spend the duration of the interview calmly pointing out that you are an immensely successful person of color in the industry and see how he reacts.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

D_Smart posted:

Oh well. It is a pretty looking platform.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

DreadLlama posted:

Isn't the whole point of the Derek Smart lawsuit that he doesn't care about winning vs. losing because all he's after is the finances, which'll come out during discovery?

Yes. It doesn't have anything to do with "winning or losing" at all. Which is why I've been pretty consistent about that.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Devian666 posted:

So I hear there's another Mass Effect game being made.

Counterpoint: Ditching Shep is a pretty smart move.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i honestly just didn't think it was a funny burn, it didn't upset me or anything

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

this is the guy that unironically brought us "that's him in the wheelchair", why is anyone surprised

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

To that very mentally stable person I might point to the Naval Action devs who aren't delusional egomaniacs trying to strongarm their way back into Hollywood on the backs of fat sad manchildren:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, no platform for Nazis, sorry.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

D_Smart posted:

We won't do that, because by giving him page hits we won't be supporting you, but him! And we aren't comfortable with supporting a neo-nazi scum, that would like to see people like your wife enslaved and treated as sub-human!

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Eonwe posted:

i bought my av back

guy who is buying avatars please make the burn funny if you buy it again, thank you

Awh you should have waited a bit to see if who ever it was realised he was dumb and fixed it on his own.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Oh loving god.

Fine derek, if you need exposure so bad go to the drat whatever gate conference.

:rolleyes:

Can we get on with the normal business of the thread like :gary:paaaaaaaaarp:yarg: and stuff?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

CrazyLoon posted:

We won't do that, because by giving him page hits we won't be supporting you, but him! And we aren't comfortable with supporting a neo-nazi scum, that would like to see people like your wife enslaved and treated as sub-human!

There are no "page hits". It's a live webinar. And it's not recorded for posting anywhere, since that's not how those work. So if you don't attend, you won't know what's being said. :(

I had the SAME backlash when I agreed to do SPJAirplay (my blog coverage). And guess what, BOTH sides in the end agreed that I was probably the best thing that happened there. I know my thing. Let me do it.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 7, 2015

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
Ein spacevolk
Ein verse
Ein :gary:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Think of the influence that nazi rape enabler must have if he can get an angry black man to come to his show and agree with everything he says.

MyPants
Jan 20, 2009

D_Smart posted:

You're promoting his platform in this thread. You're supporting him. You're working with him here and getting more people to look at him. How do you not see this?

I'm irrationally mad that you're doing something so dumb! Aaa!

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

D_Smart posted:

you will not be fine. you support neo nazis. get the gently caress out

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

There are no "page hits". It's a live webinar. And it's not recorded for posting anywhere, since that's not how those work. So if you don't attend, you won't know what's being said. :(

lol if you think people aren't going to record it and repost it everywhere

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
DS/VD chat preview scenes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxWWJaTEdD0&t=32s

randomcommoner
Sep 6, 2006
it's a-me
Would you do a feature for stormfront if they invited you to derek? Where do you draw the line on "terrible people I shouldn't associate with even if they share the same viewpoint on a stupid little issue"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Mr Smart what do you hope to gain by doing a webinar with literal neo nazi vox day?

• Locked thread