Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Nubile Hillock posted:

With modern safety features you'd surely bring down the fatalities AND you'd keep the economy going by having people have to buy new cars all the time. I don't get what the hard part about slowing down and looking is, though, without having to come to a full and complete stop

Sure, it should be that easy. However, around here (Columbus, OH) every time the electricity goes out people treat stop lights like we're living in Mad Max times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
I have another annoying sink design: sinks with flat basins so the water just sits there instead of, you know, draining away.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

You know where a great place for a traffic circle would be? Centered directly on a freight train double track!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Here's one centered over T-shaped tram tracks!

It's actually ok, doesn't cause much issues.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
The arc du triomphe is definitely the world most brutal roundabout.

12 arterial roads and approximately 10 unmarked lanes

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Gorilla Salad posted:

Not to single you out specifically, but does nobody use a decanting rod anymore, or do they only teach that poo poo to chemistry and food nerds now?

you only need to make the spout sharper and slightly more narrow to fix it

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

The Human Crouton posted:

No, there was never a wall. This is a bathroom of a building built specifically for the Winter Olympics in Sochi.

Russia.

This is from a restaurant near my house.

I do not live in Sochi.

Princess RALPH!!
Apr 28, 2009

I honestly think this looks gorgeous, but good lord the traffic clusterfuck!

Edit: What is the faucet on the right for?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Princess RALPH!! posted:

I honestly think this looks gorgeous, but good lord the traffic clusterfuck!

Edit: What is the faucet on the right for?

It actually works quite well. The real hilarious Paris traffic fuckup is having the central thoroughfare a one way system with the river in the middle

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Bill Posters posted:

I do not live in Sochi.

this is because urinals keep things cleaner when given the option

I take it that was the whole bathroom, with a lock?

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005

This loving urinal. It's like, hello, maybe try putting it in the actual privacy of a restroom next time. Also good luck with the upward pee arc unless you happen to be 7 feet tall.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Good God I get the driving stuff but I had no idea pouring things from a pitcher was such a life altering event for some people.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Bill Posters posted:

I do not live in Sochi.

uh... there's nothing wrong with that, have you never peed while standing?

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Bill Posters posted:

I do not live in Sochi.

what exactly is bad about this?

Modest Mauser
Oct 28, 2009

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

Good God I get the driving stuff but I had no idea pouring things from a pitcher was such a life altering event for some people.

Toilets, as well. Lots of very strong feelings about pee-receptacles itt.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
This reminds me there is a weird place near me that has a bathroom with two side by side toilets and two sinks so you can poop in pairs (also not sochi). Ill try and remember to get a pic next time im there if this thread's stlll around

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I have a really vivid memory of walking into a bathroom when I was a little kid, probably on vacation, and they had a row of toilets in the center of the room with no covering of any kind, then a row of urinals on one wall and sinks on the other. Has anyone seen that before? I'm wondering if my brain invented that memory because it seems kind of crazy, would have been in the US.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

OctoberBlues posted:

I have a really vivid memory of walking into a bathroom when I was a little kid, probably on vacation, and they had a row of toilets in the center of the room with no covering of any kind, then a row of urinals on one wall and sinks on the other. Has anyone seen that before? I'm wondering if my brain invented that memory because it seems kind of crazy, would have been in the US.

Saw that at a fetish bar I went to once, but never in a public place. Where were the toilet paper holders?

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Princess RALPH!! posted:

Yeah, we had one of those urinals sinks in my public school. Either you get confused and urinate into anything that you can reasonably pee into, the designer figured they could save a couple of bucks by having people pee into the sink, or didn't know what the fixture was.

All the workers at the Elevator used it as a piss hole so that's what we did when I stopped by there. Maybe that wasn't it's original purpose, but that was it's use. It's not much different from a piss trough at a stadium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fli-EVXdjbY

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Picnic Princess posted:

You know where a great place for a traffic circle would be? Centered directly on a freight train double track!

oh my god

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Nubile Hillock posted:

With modern safety features you'd surely bring down the fatalities AND you'd keep the economy going by having people have to buy new cars all the time. I don't get what the hard part about slowing down and looking is, though, without having to come to a full and complete stop

are you american or what? i don't get it? "slowing down" is literally the antithesis of the economy boyo

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Picnic Princess posted:

look lik ea starfish

a starfish od death!

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

mostlygray posted:

All the workers at the Elevator used it as a piss hole so that's what we did when I stopped by there. Maybe that wasn't it's original purpose, but that was it's use. It's not much different from a piss trough at a stadium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fli-EVXdjbY

In your defense, we had those exact urinals in my elementary school for the 1st through 4th graders, except they were a thick plastic material. Same foot pedal for "flushing"and everything. In 5th and 6th grade there were one-person restrooms in each classroom. A teacher told me as an adult that 5th grade was when boys started to find it funny to poo poo on the floors and seats, which was why they put one in each classroom.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

RideTheSpiral posted:

The arc du triomphe is definitely the world most brutal roundabout.

12 arterial roads and approximately 10 unmarked lanes

lol

this is a perfect expression of french society

social democracy at its finest :911:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

they come from all around the world... to jockey in an undifferentiated free for all of equality!!!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i am not a fascist, but a very strong believer that traffic rules and regulations and their enforcement is the ideal expression of our inevitable fascist urges

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Bill Posters posted:

I do not live in Sochi.

ya but that's kinda like a porta potty. urinal if you wanna pee, toilet if you wanna poop. helps keep the seat clean.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Cats LOVE Cigars! posted:

This loving urinal. It's like, hello, maybe try putting it in the actual privacy of a restroom next time. Also good luck with the upward pee arc unless you happen to be 7 feet tall.

It's like you've never seen a bidet before

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

nomadologique posted:

are you american or what? i don't get it? "slowing down" is literally the antithesis of the economy boyo

so why are there so many four way stops? Oh wait it's because American "men" can't drive manual transmission so slowing down is too much to handle. Slam on brakes to stop, slam gas pedal to move. Makes sense.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Cats LOVE Cigars! posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you people who don't know where to stick your dicks?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Daimo posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you people who don't know where to stick your dicks?

Sorry, I just get a bit confused when your mom's not around.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Nubile Hillock posted:

so why are there so many four way stops? Oh wait it's because American "men" can't drive manual transmission so slowing down is too much to handle. Slam on brakes to stop, slam gas pedal to move. Makes sense.

cha ching

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

The White Dragon posted:

US drivers are typically too aggressive for roundabouts to work because nobody lets anyone merge in.

They're all over San Diego now and they're great. Cars are slowing down and the roundabouts are way better than stop signs.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

of course california would go all human being euro first

lead to way, CA! :911:

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

nomadologique posted:

ya but that's kinda like a porta potty. urinal if you wanna pee, toilet if you wanna poop. helps keep the seat clean.

I can kinda get that idea but it seems pretty redundant to me. Do people really have that much trouble not pissing on the seat if they are not being intentionally anti social? And if they are I don't think providing the option will help.

Also it was a massive bathroom. That's just one corner. They could easily have a urinal and separate stall.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

mobby_6kl posted:

Sorry, I just get a bit confused when your mom's not around.

Ahahaha. Dayyyyummn.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

there's a lot of high end hotel suites that have open bathrooms or theyll be closed off but the loving walls will be transparent glass i think the idea is so you can look sexy in the jacuzzi but most of the time it just means your husband/wife/whatever is going to get a front row seat to your morning poo poo

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

my partner already shits while i'm in the bathroom so lol

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
yeah but the target demo for most hotel suites is either old business men and 20 year old playboys and only one of those groups are likely to be okay watching the person they just banged take a dump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerk Burger
Jul 4, 2003

King of the Monkeys

Robo Reagan posted:

yeah but the target demo for most hotel suites is either old business men and 20 year old playboys and only one of those groups are likely to be okay watching the person they just banged take a dump

Business men are pretty gross.

• Locked thread