Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

G0RF posted:

Well, Derek taking his ball and leaving again seems like the most appropriate final act for this thread.

Someone remind me how the "gas the thread" challenge works? Because if ever there was a right time, it's now.

You use the emote, and pray you are correct. But you might be pretty close as is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Kakarot posted:

lol, stfu about this talk show and just let him do it

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Oh yes it is, it is GLORIOUS. I can't stop laughing. Derek Smart, goon, is talking to a racist fucker. Have a nice week or so, we will make sure that this won't be forgotten in a week.

How's that $5k you chucked in a garbage fire doing you very normal, well-adjusted person?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
see you guys in the next thread

im not making it tho

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Eonwe posted:

im not making it tho

I think you should.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Eonwe posted:

im not making it tho

I wouldn't either, people can't appreciate a good thing.

Also Karl, please address the Mocap studios as politely requested numerous times. TIA.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

DOMDOM posted:

oh come on, you are too old to play the "i'll just take my ball home" card

gotta roll with the punches, bro

after all, you are about to appear on nazi radio live

Don't be silly. I'm not leaving the site. I was being sarcastic in my response due his implication of why he - some inconsequential dumbass - thinks is the reason that I am here engaging with Goons.

Context:

quote:

quote:

Rotten Red Rod posted:
Only because they agree with you on this one thing (SC). If you were here for any other reason, like your games, you'd be laughed out of here.

I see. OK. I'll just leave then.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

SneakyFrog posted:

I think you should.

His thread was very good but he has carried his burden.

Bootcha making it with his song would be nice, if it's ready.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Eonwe posted:

thats assuming kewpuh sees your gas emote
Thank you Eonwe.

But wait -- I guess the thread isn't archived if it's gassed? That would suck. Maybe that's a dumb suggestion. I don't want it to be lost-- but if the OP just stormed off, it seems like another chapter has closed and a new thread / OP would be appropriate.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

I wouldn't either, people can't appreciate a good thing.

Also Karl, please address the Mocap studios as politely requested numerous times. TIA.

He won't because even the most braindead White Knight haven't yet found a way to justify that poo poo. Insanity has its limits.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

D_Smart posted:

He won't because even the most braindead White Knight haven't yet found a way to justify that poo poo. Insanity has its limits.

Oh, such a rich and heady irony, a perfect palate cleanser against all these pleas for you to abandon your destiny. Please continue fighting the good fight, Doctor, you have my full support outside of registering for Racistopia

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

D_Smart posted:

Don't be silly. I'm not leaving the site. I was being sarcastic in my response due his implication of why he - some inconsequential dumbass - thinks is the reason that I am here engaging with Goons.

Context:

I see. OK. I'll just leave then.

Hahaha ok sure dude. Whatever you say

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Oh, such a rich and heady irony, a perfect palate cleanser against all these pleas for you to abandon your destiny. Please continue fighting the good fight, Doctor, you have my full support outside of registering for Racistopia

Well aren't you a word nerd Mr well read

nice wordery :respek:

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3rwwoq/brainstorm_with_derek_smart_discussion_with_vox/cws8qs4

:gary:

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

SneakyFrog posted:

Well aren't you a word nerd Mr well read

nice wordery :respek:

Dude is a doctor man, you have to communicate on his level or he'll ignore your words since they'll be plebe in origin.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

:yikes:

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Derek smart is justice

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I used to have a Sega Master System when I was younger, did any US goons have them? I think you preferred the NES over there?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Maldoror posted:

you're worse than a girl :rolleyes:

:gb2voxday:

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

peter gabriel posted:

I used to have a Sega Master System when I was younger, did any US goons have them? I think you preferred the NES over there?

I remember being a little kid and my grandmother bought me the first Phantasy Star from a yard sale and I was super confused as to why it wouldn't fit into my Genesis.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

So, does this thread need another anime dump?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Kakarot posted:

lol, stfu about this talk show and just let him do it

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

SirTagz posted:

From the monthly update from Frankfurt:

Please read that sentence again. That poo poo was supposed to be released in spring. and will be out in two weeks.

Small note, the AI was not going to be in the first release of Star Marine. It was going to be PVP with players only. This is an addition for the AC 2.0 release. Of course, as Derek mentioned, Star Marine is still delayed. It's not landing with AC 2.0.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Eonwe posted:

im not making it tho

Octopode should be the new OP.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

So, does this thread need another anime dump?

I'd help but I'm mobile

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

I remember being a little kid and my grandmother bought me the first Phantasy Star from a yard sale and I was super confused as to why it wouldn't fit into my Genesis.

Grandparents and games are awesome

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

I'd help but I'm mobile

Fine then, let the thread go to poo poo.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
:gas:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:eyepop:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If everyone else posts it I will

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

star citizen implosion when?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
I'm from the future and I'm here to save the past

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Cactus posted:

2 weeks

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cactus posted:

Always 2 weeks

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Eonwe posted:

If everyone else posts it I will

I'd be all for it but with an ego that massive a new thread with a C/P OP will be up within an hour, tops. Sir Dr. Derek Smart Esquire won't let it fade into obscurity.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Justin Tyme posted:

Isn't the texture resolution mostly just dependent on how varied a texture map is and not really related to how "sharp" textures are, like the only reason you need 4k textures is if for some reason you have a gigantic model that is all one piece with multiple different objects on it?

Like, making a round barrel or coffee cup have a 4k texture is retarded because it's grossly inefficient memory usage right? They complain about needing 12 gb of RAM for BLOPS3 but turn right around and praise SC for pushing the envelope with 4k textures... :psyduck:

SC doesn't use 4k textures. Most of them are 512 or less. They're used more efficiently because of the deferred render technique. More info here: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3ogi3o/im_an_tech_artist_in_the_industry_and_id_love_to/ - They use an atlas of smaller textures so you can get the details without needing to use large textures and a lot of VRAM.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

same imho

Adbot