Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Raskolnikov posted:

is it an oversize bean bag from the 1980s?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
If I jam my Leap Motion under my speaker it stops it cutting out (started last night).
This is the story of how I found an actual use for a Leap Motion, hopefully some of you enjoyed it

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
isn't the vox thing happening, like, now

so you could go tune in now or just wait for reddit to archive it or w/e

randomcommoner
Sep 6, 2006
it's a-me

randomcommoner fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 8, 2015

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Raticus79
Oct 21, 2015

notoriousman posted:

Yeah, it's live now. No email verification needed so you can enter a garbage name+email and connect.

Pretty straightforward and unremarkable talk so far.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

dude on the right looks like every sex tourist I've ever seen in thailand.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I wish they would start talking about star citizen already, "jews are a cancer" gets old after an hour.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Is there a way to watch this without registering and/or touching poo?

Also- I like that Derek has tasteful decorating sense. That really has come as a surprise to me, given the disorderly nature of his games.

Raticus79
Oct 21, 2015

G0RF posted:

Also- I like that Derek has tasteful decorating sense. That really has come as a surprise to me, given the disorderly nature of his games.

https://global.gotowebinar.com/join/1400150363015143170/712848954
Enter garbage name+email and you're in. No verification step so it doesn't need to be a valid email.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

G0RF posted:

I think derek lives like that so he can gtfo at a moments notice in case he needs to push over wheelchair users in person

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:lol: at how cliched that dudes house is though

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy

notoriousman posted:

reddit is already "liveblogging"

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3rwwoq/brainstorm_with_derek_smart_discussion_with_vox/cwsbf98

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Everything is going to be fine. I can't see this being a bad idea at all.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Funnily enough I'm listening to New Order right now

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

How many copies of Mein Kampf does one guy need?!?

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

A Neurotic Jew posted:

You should see the dork throne this neo-nazi sits in lmao.

i am amazed

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

How many copies of Mein Kampf does one guy need?!?

I like to keep two in case the door to my torture chamber needs propping open

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZtiJN6yiik

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
He looks like the sort of unbearable dude that will talk about Will to Power ad nauseum and argue how John Galt is a tragic hero.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
To me this just shows that no matter what our backgrounds only gamers and gaming can cross those divides and unite people from all corners of the world.
The power of gaming in action

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Is he already on that show?

Derek, please consider this:

At the moment, all that counts in your effort to bring accountability to the whole Star Citizen chaos is how the public perceives you, because that gives you press coverage. I live in Germany, so I am too far detached from American media to know who this person is you are talking to. All I know is what people posted. If it is true and this guy says all these things (they are quotes, so yes it is true) it means he is basically "Hitler 2.0" in the eyes of A LOT of people. It doesn't matter what he is (game developer) or whether he has the right to free speech to say all this. In the public eye he is scum. And you chose to talk to him.

In the public eye, "Derek Smart going into an interview with this Vox Day guy and owning him thoroughly" will still only be "Smart talked to that nazi degenerate about a videogame, he must be really desperate to go talk to this scum". No matter how much you want to believe you can (and I believe you can) own this guy. IT DOES NOT MATTER. Your credibility will take a hit you might not recover from. Roberst will gloat like never before and the cultists will celebrate.

Basically you are endangering all the success you and only you have so far made in bringing to light what a scam SC really is because of who you are, i.e. because people took you serious. You are jeopardizing all this.

EDIT: too late...

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

He looks like the sort of unbearable dude that will talk about Will to Power ad nauseum and argue how John Galt is a tragic hero.

His actually legitimately is that dude, except replace John Galt with Anders Breivik

Hopper posted:

At the moment, all that counts in your effort to bring accountability to the whole Star Citizen chaos is how the public perceives you, because that gives you press coverage. I live in Germany, so I am too far detached from American media to know who this person is you are talking to. All I know is what people posted. If it is true and this guy says all these things (they are quotes, so yes it is true) it means he is basically "Hitler 2.0" in the eyes of A LOT of people. It doesn't matter what he is (game developer) or whether he has the right to free speech to say all this. In the public eye he is scum. And you chose to talk to him.

In the public eye, "Derek Smart going into an interview with this Vox Day guy and owning him thoroughly" will still only be "Smart talked to that nazi degenerate about a videogame, he must be really desperate to go talk to this scum". No matter how much you want to believe you can (and I believe you can) own this guy. IT DOES NOT MATTER. Your credibility will take a hit you might not recover from. Roberst will gloat like never before and the cultists will celebrate.

Basically you are endangering all the success you and only you have so far made in bringing to light what a scam SC really is because of who you are, i.e. because people took you serious. You are jeopardizing all this.
Do any of you think long impassioned speeches are actually going to chance his mind? When Derek Smart commits to a bad idea, he commits hard.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
You know, I know y'all gotta :justpost: but when you skip 800 posts at a time, it's like some Quantum Leap bullshit, trying to figure out what the hell's been happening

So the greatly anticipated blog was just a tepid recap, Karl said some stupid poo poo, #winning, then Derek quit but not really, false alarm, then everyone was like gently caress it, post anime but one guy was like "nooooo" but then Eonwe edited his quote so it look like he was like "anime yesssssssss"

Is this more or less where we are at now?

Edit: and then Derek was interviewed by a nazi

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
This poo poo is funny. Everybody crying about ds talking to a nazi need to go outside for a breather. Because I didn't know what was coming next in this saga but ds talking to a nazi wasn't even on my radar.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Hopper posted:

You're too late. You were always too late. We were all too late.

But to be honest if actual litigation is going to be happening (the drum roll goes on) then none of this really matters anyway.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Literally Kermit posted:

You know, I know y'all gotta :justpost: but when you skip 800 posts at a time, it's like some Quantum Leap bullshit, trying to figure out what the hell's been happening

So the greatly anticipated blog was just a tepid recap, Karl said some stupid poo poo, #winning, then Derek quit but not really, false alarm, then everyone was like gently caress it, post anime but one guy was like "nooooo" but then Eonwe edited his quote so it look like he was like "anime yesssssssss"

you missed the part about the fireside chat with lil' hitler but the rest of it seems good

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Derek: "I wasn't expecting them to respond the way they did!"

G0RF fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jul 21, 2016

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
What in the ever loving gently caress is going on? I just peeked into the thread to see if anything great has happened and I see Derek Smart is talking with Adolph Hitler 2.0???? Reddit is liveblogging?

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

"My interviewer uses the term 'breeder' with reckless abandon. How far off the grid of rational could his ideas possibly be?"

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Literally Kermit posted:

Edit: and then Derek was interviewed by a nazi

That's pretty much it, from my personal perspective I also began to understand the true power of Whitesnake and discovered an actual use for a Leap Motion.
I also fell in love all over again with posters of all corners of the world and I found a new admiration for the human spirit which lifted me into a very happy mood, which I am still in.
That mood was further enhanced by seeing you post here along with all the other good posting pals I have met.

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008

Raticus79 posted:

https://global.gotowebinar.com/join/1400150363015143170/712848954
Enter garbage name+email and you're in. No verification step so it doesn't need to be a valid email.

Email: paaarp[at]parp.pp

:gary: Notification: The Email you have entered is already in use!

Great minds think alike!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I always knew Phil Collins was bad news

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

peter gabriel posted:

That's pretty much it, from my personal perspective I also began to understand the true power of Whitesnake and discovered an actual use for a Leap Motion.
I also fell in love all over again with posters of all corners of the world and I found a new admiration for the human spirit which lifted me into a very happy mood, which I am still in.
That mood was further enhanced by seeing you post here along with all the other good posting pals I have met.

Oh that reminds me, I know you pre-ordered Horizons but are you in on the Horizons Beta? That drops on the 24th, and the 1.5 Ships Beta is in two days

We may have need of your services again soon, Commander PGabz

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

facts I learned from Derek Smart:

1) it's ok to converse with abhorrent people as long as they want to talk to me about something I care about
2) derek smart Derek Smart DEREK SMART

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Hopper posted:

It's done, he's talking to the guy now and I don't see what the big deal is, this is the same guy Chris Roberts tried to get to help him launch the Wing Commander reboot with EA "I also had the responsibility of going through Chris's plans in great detail when Star Citizen was still a Wing Commander reboot with a license from EA and a $25M budget."

There was some document of this on screen but I wasn't quick enough to get a screen grab.

So if Chris Roberts and Derek Smart have both spoken to this guy at least Derek's wife hasn't song the Nazi national anthem yet, Chris Roberts can't say that.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

and poo poo like this is pretty much why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
I feel... disgruntled.

• Locked thread