Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
he only meant well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

gently caress it I'm in. I've been meaning to try to write more AND jonesing for another forum reality game. WHY NOT BOTH AT ONCE

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
edit: dw don't have time :(

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If there's still room.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
Is there still space for one more? I know someone who miiiight be interested

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

meinberg will demolish you all

not a sign-up :3:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ernie. posted:

If this were a competition based solely on merit, this post wouldn't be idiotic.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

If this were a competition based solely on merit, this post wouldn't be idiotic.

he's won one of these games based purely on the social side of things :shrug:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Bwuhh???

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Meinberg is the best of us all.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Look Under The Rock posted:

Is there still space for one more? I know someone who miiiight be interested

Yup! Exactly one more.

Ernie. posted:

d'awww I want to see what you'd write ern

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

BottleKnight posted:

d'awww I want to see what you'd write ern

i'm honestly really shy about my writing and know it's not very good

i also have (probably) bad opinions about creating for the sake of creating vs. creating for the sake of entertaining that make it super stressful for me to do something like this without my already being very good at doing the thing

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

ERNIE i am sure your writing is great and worth sharing. Believe in yourself my friend !!!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

I, Meinberg, have no challenge skill for most of these sorts of things. I might have an edge up here, certainly, but I wouldn't count on it. However, I did triumph in Awful Big Brother through the sheer strength of my... whatever I have.

Hero's Journey.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Hold that last slot please :) newbie wants in.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Fart

lost in the wind

the unauthorized biography of your anus

chapter one

the birth of a fart is always a joyous occasion, and this fart especially so, because it was birthed of your anus

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Okay so I have a friend who used to post here a lot but he's lost access to his account. He registered a new account with the sole purpose of playing this, but for some reason he hasn't gotten a login yet (emailed support etc). If you're like wanting to start this right away I understand, hopefully he'll be able to get logged in today.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
... who is it?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I will wait for them to post. I work though so idk when it will start exactly.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

EccoRaven posted:

... who is it?

The artist formerly known as BrickRedTruth. He hasn't been around in a while but if you have archives you could check out his MoonRise saga.

He still can't access his new account and has emailed support and stuff. I think they're busy with whatever is getting people those grimey lipstick titles.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

It's okay if you're needing to start, I feel bad having asked you to hold off starting. Not really sure what to do if support won't get back to him.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Look Under The Rock posted:

The artist formerly known as BrickRedTruth. He hasn't been around in a while but if you have archives you could check out his MoonRise saga.

He still can't access his new account and has emailed support and stuff. I think they're busy with whatever is getting people those grimey lipstick titles.

incidentally, it's the server that runs archives, among other things

:yayclod:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm not sure what to write, thread.

1) YA hunger-games knockoff

2) Mrs. Dalloway but with kaiju

3) fanfiction for something I've never seen

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I am writing about a woman in the near future who is listless and anxious but soon finds her life gets flipped turned upside down and I'd like to take a minute just sit right back and hear a tale a tale of a fateful trip that started with the big bang (hey!).

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm not sure what to write, thread.

1) YA hunger-games knockoff

3) fanfiction for something I've never seen

2 and 3 sound fantastic!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

I am writing about a woman in the near future who is listless and anxious but soon finds her life gets flipped turned upside down and I'd like to take a minute just sit right back and hear a tale a tale of a fateful trip that started with the big bang (hey!).

Tremendous Taste posted:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Hey BK, has the game started? Do we have a deadline yet?

Not trying to rush LutR's friend at all, we should totally wait for them, I just want to make sure I have time to plan and write :)

I have an old idea kicking around I've never written anything beyond some mindmapping for, is that cool to work on? I'd really like to!

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i must confess that i too have had an idea. i havent typed a single word, but characters are forming and plots weaving in my head.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Okay: The game starts now! If the last guy does join soon, that's great, if he ends up not playing at all, that's fine too. I'll be the last one on the jury in that case, as a tiebreaker or something, if we need that at the end of the game.

Day 1 starts now! I will set the deadline for next wednesday evening.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (10): Chic Trombone, EccoRaven, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, Hal Incandenza, Little Mac, Look Under The Rock, Meinberg, Quidnose, Tremendous Taste, uranus

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 18th, 2015 at 10:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 week.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSxQXOYnGUI

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'm just going to talk about television in the meantime before you guys start posting your writing.

I really like Brooklyn Nine-Nine and that's basically all I've been watching. I hope to catch up to the current season soon.

I encourage you all to share anecdotes about your lives.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Brooklyn Nine-Nine is probably the best comedy show on the air today.

The best drama, at least in my opinion, is the Leftovers. It had a very shaky first season, but the second season has been so good. So loving good.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Meinberg posted:

The best drama, at least in my opinion, is the Leftovers. It had a very shaky first season, but the second season has been so good. So loving good.

I watched 4 episodes of that show (last season) and for every time I said "holy poo poo that rocks" there were 20 times I cringed and got annoyed. Maybe the second season is better but I don't really give passes to tv dramas, since there's so many good ones. If I lose interest I move on.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

BottleKnight posted:

I watched 4 episodes of that show (last season) and for every time I said "holy poo poo that rocks" there were 20 times I cringed and got annoyed. Maybe the second season is better but I don't really give passes to tv dramas, since there's so many good ones. If I lose interest I move on.

The second season is way a whole lot better, though. Imagine the Leftovers, except without those cringey moments.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Meinberg posted:

The second season is way a whole lot better, though. Imagine the Leftovers, except without those cringey moments.

Is the quality of S2 roughly equivalent to the quality of S1E03? Because that episode is amazing.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Meinberg posted:

i would agree if not for amy schumers show

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

BottleKnight posted:

Is the quality of S2 roughly equivalent to the quality of S1E03? Because that episode is amazing.

That would be an accurate assessment, at least in my opinion.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Meinberg posted:

Silicon valley and Kimmy Schmidt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Ernie. posted:

Silicon valley and Kimmy Schmidt

He said on the air, not through a tube!!!

• Locked thread