Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Crispin Crandall is such a bad name lmao. This episode was mostly awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Tokubetsu posted:

Why did Tom have to do this ='(
I feel really bad for rich girl now. How many lives have Tom, Keane and Reddington's just since the show started?

Tom is going to fall in love with the rich girl breaking Keane`s heart.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Boatswain posted:

When the plane started shaking in the pre-credits bit I thought they were going through the atmosphere to a space station. I thought we were going to get to see Red finagle his way into space:(

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Boatswain posted:

With his flying plane that never lands, a hermit billionaire? Totally not Howard Hughes in the 21st century. There was even a Spruce Goose reference, to really jam it home.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Tokubetsu posted:

Why did Tom have to do this ='(
I feel really bad for rich girl now. How many lives have Tom, Keane and Reddington's just since the show started?

I don't know, but if I had to be killed by any of them, I'd choose Tom. Reddington a close second just for the amusing anecdote he'd tell me first.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

That being said, calling it now - Aram is going to be this season's Meera. They're giving him *way* too much screen time; it seems they're building us up to like his character more before they kill him for shock value.

I've always liked his character. :saddowns:

buddhanc posted:

Tom is going to tear karakurt to shreds in the next episode.

It's going to be glorious. This show has some sort of power. I know it's crazy and sometimes dumb but goddammit I can't get enough.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I've always liked his character. :saddowns:

It's going to be glorious. This show has some sort of power. I know it's crazy and sometimes dumb but goddammit I can't get enough.

I feel the same way. Something about sensationalized espionage and all-powerful secret entities make it fantastic to watch.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I have to admit, though...that scene where Tom takes them all apart would've been cooler were it not for the four or five times it's been done in the past...the last one I saw was the non-lethal version in Jack Reacher.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I have to admit, though...that scene where Tom takes them all apart would've been cooler were it not for the four or five times it's been done in the past...the last one I saw was the non-lethal version in Jack Reacher.

Yeah, I wish calling your shots like that could be cool again, but it's been overused BECAUSE it's cool.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I do think it's interesting that if you have a billion bucks you absolutely could do crazy poo poo like fly in the air 24/7 with mid-air refueling and a modified plane to allow crazy passenger exchanges, or just staff that's crazy or well-paid enough to fly with you forever. It'd probably only be around $5-10 million a year and $100 million to set it up with all the luxuries/customization, which means you can do it for far more than your lifespan.

I mean, eventually SOMETHING on the drat thing is going to fail, but that's why you have your backup helicopter ready to pick you up from your plane's mid-air helipad or whatever.

Edit: The best calling your shots I can recall off the top of my head was in Edge of Tomorrow, where Tom Cruise closes his eyes and owns some fools because he's been through it on a previous groundhog day-style time loop. It was a nice change from the typical "I'm so badass I know exactly how I'll take you down" thing. At that point in the movie Cruise has become pretty badass so he's not an incompetent fighter to begin with, but he owns them with such a casual indifference like they're just an annoyance, I think he literally sighs before he does it :allears:.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Nov 8, 2015

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I just liked it because it showed how Tom was so efficient compared to the majority of the cast.

I can't remember who posted it earlier but yeah Tom's pretty much the only guy who gets poo poo done on the show.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
The earliest "call your shot" that I can remember was the classic Billy Jack scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVX-voqWuwY

It's come a long way since then.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

When the plane started shaking in the pre-credits bit I thought they were going through the atmosphere to a space station. I thought we were going to get to see Red finagle his way into space:(

That'll be the finale.

"Liz, we're going to borrow a space shuttle."
"I thought NASA decommissioned them all."
"I didn't say it was a NASA shuttle. The cabal's had one in cold storage off the coast of cuba for years."

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Kegslayer posted:

I just liked it because it showed how Tom was so efficient compared to the majority of the cast.

I can't remember who posted it earlier but yeah Tom's pretty much the only guy who gets poo poo done on the show.

It was I. Just imagine if you'd had Tom with Reddington instead of Liz; they would have dismembered their way up and down the cabal's foodchain and be done in an episode or two. Instead we get Liz... :v:

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.
Did I miss an explanation for what was going on with the surgery Crandall made the other guy watch? I thought they made it look like it was some kind of brain surgery and thought there was going to be a twist that he was freezing just the brains or something like that, but then at the end, no, it was full bodies he was freezing.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

This show has some sort of power. I know it's crazy and sometimes dumb but goddammit I can't get enough.

It's Spader. He was the only reason I started watching the show and the only reason I still do. I barely even care about the plot, I just like watching James Spader do James Spader things. That scene last season when he shot the dude with the russian roulette gun and cried out "oh my god! what are the odds?" had me laughing for a good half hour and I still chuckle every time I think about it.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

CaptainCaveman posted:

Did I miss an explanation for what was going on with the surgery Crandall made the other guy watch? I thought they made it look like it was some kind of brain surgery and thought there was going to be a twist that he was freezing just the brains or something like that, but then at the end, no, it was full bodies he was freezing.

The way I saw it, if the person's body was beyond hosed, the crazy rich guy just assumed the ~futcha peeple~ would be able to clone him a new body with the leftover detritus of his old one, since I'm guessing his existing form was beyond hosed with atrophy.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
20 civilian bystandards

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I love Reddington's old, reliable, long-haired muscle that basically throws himself out there to get whacked in order to get the job done no matter what. He and dembe are an unstoppable force.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Talk about weird, stiff and unnecessary love scene, was there ever any chemistry between them? Whole episode felt off though even by Blacklist standards.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Aram is definitely going to die. He's been trying to 'friend zone' his way into Samar's pants for two seasons now, and Ressler has one chat with her while she's feeling all ~vulnerable~ and he's in? Ten bucks says he's out in some panel van doing the computer thing and Super Bad Guy comes by and only he can stop him which leads to him forgetting to take the safety off his dusty sidearm and ending up with a bullet in the chest which leaves him just enough time to get a parting kiss - on the forehead - from Samar.

Then she and Ressler will mourn him by awkwardly screwing again.

"It's what he would've wanted."

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Nov 13, 2015

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

buddhanc posted:

I love Reddington's old, reliable, long-haired muscle that basically throws himself out there to get whacked in order to get the job done no matter what. He and dembe are an unstoppable force.

That dude is just badass looking. I love him.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Aram is definitely going to die. He's been trying to 'friend zone' his way into Samar's pants for two seasons now, and Ressler has one chat with her while she's feeling all ~vulnerable~ and he's in? Ten bucks says he's out in some panel van doing the computer thing and Super Bad Guy comes by and only he can stop him which leads to him forgetting to take the safety off his dusty sidearm and ending up with a bullet in the chest which leaves him just enough time to get a parting kiss - on the forehead - from Samar.

Then she and Ressler will mourn him by awkwardly screwing again.

"It's what he would've wanted."

I thought Aram was going to be all butthurt over Samar, and that would make him turn coat and work with the cabal. Resulting in Red and Samar taking him down and as he lays dying, he whispers "I did it for you" and she shoots him in the forehead.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

That was a pretty drat good half season.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is it safe to assume the care package is Marcellus Wallace's soul?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Roflex posted:

Agreed.

I wonder if they're going to use that FBI lady's dying words to pull an LA Confidential and clue Ressler in on Boss Lady being evil.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

ShakeZula posted:

Agreed.

I wonder if they're going to use that FBI lady's dying words to pull an LA Confidential and clue Ressler in on Boss Lady being evil.

Oh man, now they HAVE to take the Rollo Tomasi path with this storyline.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Bruceski posted:

Is it safe to assume the care package is Marcellus Wallace's soul?
Oh poo poo, it's the blue diamonds from True Detective S2!

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Roflex posted:

I feel like last night's episode was a disappointment. I knew that the Liz-and-Reddington-are-on-the-run storyline had to be resolved, but by having her get captured it seems like we're ending at the exact same place we started. I hope the sideplots bear fruit, because right now I can't shake the feeling that this season was a big waste of time.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Some crazy poo poo is going to happen with Liz in custody. Her transport is going to get hit or there's going to be a full on siege elsewhere and Red is going to have to get some serious reinforcements.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

buddhanc posted:

Some crazy poo poo is going to happen with Liz in custody. Her transport is going to get hit or there's going to be a full on siege elsewhere and Red is going to have to get some serious reinforcements.

He better rescue Dembe first.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

buddhanc posted:

Red will employ a vampire army to break her out.

Unfortunately, the Cabal has acquired the services of the werewolf army.

The CGI budget for the second half of the season is gonna be astronomical.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

buddhanc posted:

Oh, I agree, and it will probably be exciting. I just don't understand why they didn't have this all go down at the beginning of the season when she was already in custody.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Gonz posted:

Red will employ a vampire army to break her out.

Unfortunately, the Cabal has acquired the services of the werewolf army.

The CGI budget for the second half of the season is gonna be astronomical.

Let's be honest here.

:smug: Spader could make even the shittiest fanfiction watchable.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I just don't loving understand Ressler's actions when literally every single person except the people everyone knows are bad guys knows she's innocent

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Rei_ posted:

I just don't loving understand Ressler's actions when literally every single person except the people everyone knows are bad guys knows she's innocent

He's basically playing the role of Lawful Stupid FBI Agent.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Rei_ posted:

Keen shot and killed Attorney General and Cabal member Connolly. She also shot a cop.

She may have her reasons, might even arguably be justified for murdering Connolly, but Elizabeth is far from innocent.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Nov 22, 2015

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
It is stupid for the the narrative to be contingent on some legal reasoning because the rest of the show doesn't care about that for a second. Natural law clearly rules the day :c00l:

Octy posted:

I don't know, but if I had to be killed by any of them, I'd choose Tom. Reddington a close second just for the amusing anecdote he'd tell me first.

I'd have chosen Liz in a heartbeat, she's awful.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
The Blacklist has been renewed for a fourth season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Awesome!

Can never get enough Spader in my life.

• Locked thread