Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

One Winged Angel posted:

Just :10bux:'d to say this is a man with fine taste in videogames. Respect broheem.

Welcome back seraph84, how's the kids?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Friendly Tumour posted:

Welcome back seraph84, how's the kids?

Probably hosed :cry:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:eyepop:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
lmao

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Angela Christine posted:

We don't hate him. We're just disappointed with his choices.

He went on a webcast to talk about Star Citizen with some racist misogynistic doody head.

Did that lawsuit happen? The last time I was in this thread he promised it would be going through in a week.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
Derek Smart, more like derek parp

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

SneakyFrog posted:

jeez use timg nerd.

holy huge cattes

giant hairy pussies keep sandis out

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Because of this stupid loving thread, google now thinks I'm a star citizen fan and is showing me news articles about this game god loving dammit I hate all of you

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

SneakyFrog posted:

jeez use timg nerd.

holy huge cattes

Not using timg is the new meme

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Renegret posted:

Because of this stupid loving thread, google now thinks I'm a star citizen fan and is showing me news articles about this game god loving dammit I hate all of you

All must suffer.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Renegret posted:

I feel ya buddy.

You watch one video making fun of MRAs, and suddenly youtube thinks that I would be very interested in seeing the complete works of Thunderf00t every time I visit.

One Winged Angel
Nov 8, 2015

by Cowcaster

Renegret posted:

Ahhahaha :owned: I hope you get snail mail copies of jump point printed on dirty napkins just because.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Sorry guys, I really Crobertsed this whole catte thing up :ohdear:

One Winged Angel
Nov 8, 2015

by Cowcaster

Tippis posted:

All must suffer.
https://youtu.be/c33qYGouZt0

One Winged Angel fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Nov 8, 2015

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

Budgie posted:

giant hairy pussies keep sandis out

hey did Derek win vandul spawn yet?

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
The one bright spot in my day as I wearily scroll past the suggested fascist screeds that youtube offers me, is me realizing that at least I'm not the guy posting in this thread that molests 11-year old relatives.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Sorry guys, I really Crobertsed this whole catte thing up :ohdear:

Not at all you actually succeeded in delivering cats

One Winged Angel
Nov 8, 2015

by Cowcaster

Erenthal posted:

The one bright spot in my day as I wearily scroll past the suggested fascist screeds that youtube offers me, is me realizing that at least I'm not the guy posting in this thread that molests 11-year old relatives.
Same but it's pictures of cats instead of molestation that brightens my day.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Renegret posted:

You are a colossal retard if you don't use ghostery or similar tools to prevent tailored ads and other google bullshit.
And deactivate cortana, MS predicts what poo poo you will be interested in and your search results will be hosed up in the long run.

HTH

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

One Winged Angel posted:

Same but it's pictures of cats instead of molestation that brightens my day.

maybe you can be the chosen one to bring funny back to this thread like Prometheus

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I was just thinking about how if I wasn't banned I would probably have pointed how stupid it is that Jared has enough time to give a tour of an incomplete building but doesn't have enough time to answer questions on Cutlass development that backers have been waiting for since the end of July. But then I realized that, even if I wasn't banned, most of the people who gave a poo poo have already gotten refunds.

Raskolnikov posted:

Agreed but it would actually have to be a game too.

God imagine if SC had any personality at all. It is so generic it is offensive to me as a person.

oldmanspeech.wav

edit: play Dirt Rally and pretend your car is a spaceship. It's a pretty great space game like that.

You said it perfectly. Star Citizen has no personality. It's painfully generic and lacks any kind of coherent vision. I genuinely feel bad for the folks working on it since it's clear that their talents and time are being squandered.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I was just thinking about how if I wasn't banned I would probably have pointed how stupid it is that Jared has enough time to give a tour of an incomplete building but doesn't have enough time to answer questions on Cutlass development that backers have been waiting for since the end of July. But then I realized that, even if I wasn't banned, most of the people who gave a poo poo have already gotten refunds.

You said it perfectly. Star Citizen has no personality. It's painfully generic and lacks any kind of coherent vision. I genuinely feel bad for the folks working on it since it's clear that their talents and time are being squandered.

Honestly probably why so many have jumped ship. It's got to be soul crushing after awhile. It really is a shame.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

@TheKevinDent. He's a white knight supporter and rear end in a top hat that DS has talked about before. Look him up, he's a real lovely guy. Real intellectually superior guy. Yep. Real winner.

Looked at your discussion with him and you both look like idiots. And then you defended Derek with this, which is just astounding. If you could repost your SC meltdown from Reddit before you deleted your account that would complete the saga.

Today seems like the start of another hilarious day in the 'verse.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Ragequit posted:

Looked at your discussion with him and you both look like idiots. And then you defended Derek with this, which is just astounding. If you could repost your SC meltdown from Reddit before you deleted your account that would complete the saga.

Today seems like the start of another hilarious day in the 'verse.

Um that wasnt a defense of derek my man. That was making a point to one Kevin Dent. That's fine though. As far as anything else goes, whatever. Opinions are great things. Glad you found yours.

Edit: you've also clearly made your side on this whole sc matter known and that's fine. Enjoy your internet brownie points and fedora crew jpegs "bro". loving redditors...

B_of_InfoRedux fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Nov 8, 2015

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No one should in any way be defending Derek Smart, no matter how against Star Citizen they are.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

I think Mass Effect Andromeda will be a better space exploration game than Star Citizen in terms of gameplay.

Gameplay is king over fidelity

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

EminusSleepus posted:

I think Mass Effect Andromeda will be a better space exploration game than Star Citizen in terms of gameplay.

Yeah no matter how good a game looks if it plays like poo poo what's the point?

One Winged Angel
Nov 8, 2015

by Cowcaster

SneakyFrog posted:

maybe you can be the chosen one to bring funny back to this thread like Prometheus

I'm not about to muddy myself up in your failure. Sorry kid, you're on your own.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

But then I realized that, even if I wasn't banned, most of the people who gave a poo poo have already gotten refunds.
Does that include you?

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

I said come in! posted:

No one should in any way be defending Derek Smart, no matter how against Star Citizen they are.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

One Winged Angel posted:

I'm not about to muddy myself up in your failure. Sorry kid, you're on your own.

you are so supportive DAD.

god.

OOOOH BITCOINS!!!!

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Edit: you've also clearly made your side on this whole sc matter known and that's fine. Enjoy your internet brownie points and fedora crew jpegs "bro". loving redditors...

I have never posted anything on Reddit in my life, nor do I know much of anything about Star Citizen the game apart from the developers, who are discussed far more often here. I am just along for the ride of funny/sad people, so I appreciate you making your contributions.

Derek come back and tell us what other interviews are planned before you are too busy on November 30th.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Zzulu posted:

wow that is horrible

im really upset

im shakingg

One Winged Angel
Nov 8, 2015

by Cowcaster
Someone please :gas: this loving jew out of his misery. Derek Smart is a negroid

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

you have a mlp avatar.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
the funny will return again soon with basically whatever cig do

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

EminusSleepus posted:

Just remember, Mass Effect has been in development for (insert Star Shitizen excuse) years.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

One Winged Angel posted:

Does that include you?

I looked over my account and I wouldn't get any money back. So instead I'm selling off poo poo. I broke even again after selling the Caterpillar and a Mustang Delta, and I still have a Retaliator, Cutlass, and a pair of Gladius upgraded AMD packages to move.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

See here's the thing, telling someone that DS is stupid, or that he is not a game dev, or that he does know a thing or two about game development, isn't defending him. It's pointing out facts.

You can, as many do, not like the guy. That's fine, that's life. But to say he isn't smart, he isn't a game dev, etc is honestly illogical and just loving stupid. Yet people keep on. Who gives a gently caress what the dude did or said in the past. We've all said stupid poo poo. Difference is he said a lot of it on the net. How many here wouldn't look like loving morons if people poured over all your previous post? Think about that will you. How many really think all their previous co workers or employers have oh so wonderful things to say. Guess what, judging by how many act on here most would probably come off like idiots.

Now this isn't am attack. It's just pointing out the intellectual dishonesty some like to revel in. Acting as if they are on some high intellectual plain all from the anonymity of the internet. Here's the thing though, and this is why I will "defend" him, say what we will but the dude has the goddamn balls to put it all out there. His real name. Not a handle. He's open to all the scrutiny that comes with that. How many can say they're willing to do the same? Judging by use of handles and fake names though, I think we have an answer.

So next time you want to be edgy or hip for jumping on the DS hate train, take the fedora off and think about that for a second. That's all. Now let's get back on loving track and drop this bullshit already.

B_of_InfoRedux fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Nov 8, 2015

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Ragequit posted:

I have never posted anything on Reddit in my life, nor do I know much of anything about Star Citizen the game apart from the developers, who are discussed far more often here. I am just along for the ride of funny/sad people, so I appreciate you making your contributions.

Derek come back and tell us what other interviews are planned before you are too busy on November 30th.

So then how do you know of any perceived meltdown on Reddit? Especially considering I don't even have a Reddit account? Just wondering where the info arose from as its never been posted here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Acted out Goku cuck fanfiction in public. Reputation ha decreased by 10. The fully mocapped NPC very realisticly shakes its head when you try to buy space weed.

• Locked thread