Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

So then how do you know of any perceived meltdown on Reddit? Especially considering I don't even have a Reddit account? Just wondering where the info arose from as its never been posted here.

It was posted in the Kevin Dent Twitter feed you linked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One Winged Angel
Nov 8, 2015

by Cowcaster

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I looked over my account and I wouldn't get any money back. So instead I'm selling off poo poo. I broke even again after selling the Caterpillar and a Mustang Delta, and I still have a Retaliator, Cutlass, and a pair of Gladius upgraded AMD packages to move.
I'll buy the Cutlass from you if you promise to never cry about your ship peasantry horseshit ever again just kidding gently caress scam shitizen good like finding the greater fool to buy those jpegs.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Ragequit posted:

Oh? I never saw that (and still dont. Reddit never came up in that conversation, sorry) Either way, don't matter. It's done and over. I made my point with that moron. If i came off like an idiot, cool. He was called out for his immaturity, he proved that point. So all good.

B_of_InfoRedux fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Nov 8, 2015

One Winged Angel
Nov 8, 2015

by Cowcaster

Ragequit posted:

Wait.... the Dent?

fake edit: sorry what it is thread about again?

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Sunday morning slapfight

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

OhDearGodNo posted:

Sunday morning slapfight

well its better than morning news. :iiapa:

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.

One Winged Angel posted:

Wait.... the Dent?

I'm happy you work for yourself as a bitcoin captain of industry. Avoids potentially embarrassing interview questions such as as why you're on the sex offender registry and why you can't be within 300 yards of a school.

One Winged Angel
Nov 8, 2015

by Cowcaster

One Winged Angel posted:

Ahh yes, cattes.

Athena Birdewatching:

Athena Cattewatching:

I have no idea why it flipped the second picture, phones are odd. E: nvm fixed it.

One Winged Angel fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Nov 8, 2015

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
I haven't been keeping up with the thread the past week. Is CIG still afloat?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

One Winged Angel posted:

Ahh yes, cattes.

Athena Birdewatching:

Athena Cattewatching:

I have no idea why it flipped the second picture, phones are odd.

I would say nice catte, but you are a meanie. So I won't.

I'm sure your catte is perfectly nice despite you, hopefully.. Unless you waterboard it or something.

One Winged Angel
Nov 8, 2015

by Cowcaster

Lastdancer posted:

I haven't been keeping up with the thread the past week. Is CIG still afloat?
Yep.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
There's an awful lot of bad posters and poo touchers in this thread now.

Gentlemen I propose we adjourn discussion here and take it to the Platinum Upgrade only thread, which now seems to have more actual content and less idiots.

One Winged Angel
Nov 8, 2015

by Cowcaster
Sometimes I wonder if there aren't a few poor people reading this thread who love cats but can't afford them and/or aren't allowed to have pets by their slumlord, and I get sad.

AP posted:

Gentlemen I propose we adjourn discussion here and take it to the Platinum Upgrade only thread, which now seems to have more actual content and less idiots.
:smith: :fomo:

but imho this place is a

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

AP posted:

Please do. This thread has been dragged to poo poo.

One Winged Angel
Nov 8, 2015

by Cowcaster

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Please do. This thread has been dragged to poo poo.
Pfft, why you frontin' girl? You know you :shrek: it.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

AP posted:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

AP posted:

which now seems to have more actual content and less idiots.
But where would Star Citizen be without idiots?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Um that wasnt a defense of derek my man. That was making a point to one Kevin Dent. That's fine though. As far as anything else goes, whatever. Opinions are great things. Glad you found yours.

Edit: you've also clearly made your side on this whole sc matter known and that's fine. Enjoy your internet brownie points and fedora crew jpegs "bro". loving redditors...

Are you quoting someone, because every post you make here makes you sound like you're on the verge of tears

One Winged Angel
Nov 8, 2015

by Cowcaster

SelenicMartian posted:

But where would Star Citizen be without idiots?
You mean like if CIG wasn't involved? I have this wet dream of an open world Crysis MMOFPS...

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

One Winged Angel posted:

You mean like if CIG wasn't involved? I have this wet dream of an open world Crysis MMOFPS...

No one wants to hear about your MLP fanfic.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

neonbregna posted:

Keep on posting about how much you don't care about goons opinion of you now that you have been outed as the arch racist

Lol

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Prop Wash posted:

Are you quoting someone, because every post you make here makes you sound like you're on the verge of tears

I was, yes. Tears of laughter maybe. But I'll make sure to wipe them away next time. Just for you. Love the inflection though.

B_of_InfoRedux fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Nov 8, 2015

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

AP posted:

Agreed. If someone buys me plat so i can continue the thread making GBS threads there.
Another option would be opening the pgs section of smart room again. Keep the plat section secret however

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

I can't help but be reminded of:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Kegslayer posted:

The interview was civil and Derek remains a credit to his people.

LOL!!!

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

I can't believe nobody's posted the most relevant anime to this thread.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Humphrey Vasel posted:

I want to know what Anders breivik thinks of Star Citizen. Make it happen dsmart
Actually he is currently pissy because they won't give him anything more modern than a PS2 and his PC won't run Civilization 4

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Lodin posted:

Actually he is currently pissy because they won't give him anything more modern than a PS2 and his PC won't run Civilization 4
Why would anyone need anything more modern than a PS2?

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

SelenicMartian posted:

Why would anyone need anything more modern than a PS2?

If you want to shoot kids, they all moved on to the latest and greatest consoles and games :v:

One Winged Angel
Nov 8, 2015

by Cowcaster

Warcabbit posted:

I can't believe nobody's posted the most relevant anime to this thread.
OMG does triple sulk have his own anime? :v:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

No one wants to hear about your MLP fanfic.
I have two mint condition signed Kung Fury Posters and I just preordered The Jacket. What swagbrag can you bring to the table?

One Winged Angel fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 8, 2015

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Lodin posted:

"Mr. Breivik, you are hereby sentenced to incarceration until you finish every PS2 game ever made. Even the one where you inspire a robot-voiced polar bear to write lounge music. Now, now, don't give me that look. If we wanted to never give you any chance at redemption, we've have sentenced you to finish every ZX Spectrum game."

...I think I just pitched a really gritty reboot of Game Center CX.

One Winged Angel
Nov 8, 2015

by Cowcaster

The Kins posted:

"Mr. Breivik, you are hereby sentenced to incarceration until you finish every PS2 game ever made. Even the one where you inspire a robot-voiced polar bear to write lounge music. Now, now, don't give me that look.
You should cut it here but otherwise :five:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's funny that there are insane fans of Breivik who have tried to donate a PS4 to him but the prison won't accept it. Dude has to keep playing FFX and God Hand.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

One Winged Angel posted:

You should cut it here
You should have cut it at hugs, diddles.

One Winged Angel
Nov 8, 2015

by Cowcaster
Many gamers really do not know 'what' Star Citizen offers....

I went into game that offered me a free play (Will not say the game since this is not about what game I was in but about Star Citizen).
Once I got setup in general chat I asked "Anyone going to play Star Citizen?" right away I was attacked and told from that its a scam to vaporware to STFU noob.....

So after the attackers died down I went on to say "How weird, all this hate at a video game! Of all things in life you all hate a video game. I think this game (the un-named one I was in), Star Citizen and even ED has much to offer. Each game is space based but offers something different the other does not. I like them all myself and do not understand why anyone would think variety is a bad thing."

Few minutes later some peeps started commenting things like "Ya, I hope Star Citizen does good because the public has been scammed and broken promises so much in the past it's hard to not to see a game offering what SC does and not be majorly gun shy"

Then I went onto to explain some of the features SC offers. No skills or end game, sandbox, loaning your ships out, link to Death of a Spaceman and no monthly sub's needed and private servers you can customize.

To my surprise most of them knew nothing of this at all and few of them said they wanted to look more into SC.

So what we see here is classic mob mentality.
They hate SC, but never really took a deep dive into what it offers.

Just wanted to share something interesting I noticed about some of the haters.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

See here's the thing, telling someone that DS is stupid, or that he is not a game dev, or that he does know a thing or two about game development, isn't defending him. It's pointing out facts.

You can, as many do, not like the guy. That's fine, that's life. But to say he isn't smart, he isn't a game dev, etc is honestly illogical and just loving stupid. Yet people keep on. Who gives a gently caress what the dude did or said in the past. We've all said stupid poo poo. Difference is he said a lot of it on the net. How many here wouldn't look like loving morons if people poured over all your previous post? Think about that will you. How many really think all their previous co workers or employers have oh so wonderful things to say. Guess what, judging by how many act on here most would probably come off like idiots.

Now this isn't am attack. It's just pointing out the intellectual dishonesty some like to revel in. Acting as if they are on some high intellectual plain all from the anonymity of the internet. Here's the thing though, and this is why I will "defend" him, say what we will but the dude has the goddamn balls to put it all out there. His real name. Not a handle. He's open to all the scrutiny that comes with that. How many can say they're willing to do the same? Judging by use of handles and fake names though, I think we have an answer.

So next time you want to be edgy or hip for jumping on the DS hate train, take the fedora off and think about that for a second. That's all. Now let's get back on loving track and drop this bullshit already.
You might need a break from Star Citizen and maybe the whole internet

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

One Winged Angel posted:

I sexually molested an 11 year old relative.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Citizens hope Star Citizen will save them from their gaming ennui

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.

One Winged Angel posted:

Many gamers really do not know 'what' Star Citizen offers....

I went into game that offered me a free play (Will not say the game since this is not about what game I was in but about Star Citizen).
Once I got setup in general chat I asked "Anyone going to play Star Citizen?" right away I was attacked and told from that its a scam to vaporware to STFU noob.....

So after the attackers died down I went on to say "How weird, all this hate at a video game! Of all things in life you all hate a video game. I think this game (the un-named one I was in), Star Citizen and even ED has much to offer. Each game is space based but offers something different the other does not. I like them all myself and do not understand why anyone would think variety is a bad thing."

Few minutes later some peeps started commenting things like "Ya, I hope Star Citizen does good because the public has been scammed and broken promises so much in the past it's hard to not to see a game offering what SC does and not be majorly gun shy"

Then I went onto to explain some of the features SC offers. No skills or end game, sandbox, loaning your ships out, link to Death of a Spaceman and no monthly sub's needed and private servers you can customize.

To my surprise most of them knew nothing of this at all and few of them said they wanted to look more into SC.

So what we see here is classic mob mentality.
They hate SC, but never really took a deep dive into what it offers.

Just wanted to share something interesting I noticed about some of the haters.

I also hate child molesters. I'm diverse like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Star Citizen: The Final Solution more like

• Locked thread