Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
It's because video games are literally for children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I think if I had spent $200+ on a game I would want it to be the final game I ever play too

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
The Mars One plan to put people on a one-way trip to Mars is promising quick delivery of many things. I think the leaders of Mars One and Star Citizen have a lot in common in their way to try to persuade people to give them money.

"And again Lansdorp said the Mars One plan will likely change. The budget and timeline on the company's website is simply based on the best information it had at the time, Lansdorp said.
"We'll continue to update our plan with the data we get," Lansdorp said."
http://www.techinsider.io/mars-one-mit-students-mission-not-feasible-debate-2015-8

"Will it take longer to deliver all this? Of course! When the scope changes, the amount of time it will take to deliver all the features naturally increases."
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14839-Letter-From-The-Chairman

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Nostalgia and "ultimate immersive experience" are compelling for 35-year-old manchildren because they remember playing games when they were 13 or 14 when their brains were a lot more malleable and easily immersed in fantasy worlds. But a lot of the games they played then were pretty lovely.

I mean I'm a horrible nerd too but that's the reason.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

Hell Gem

Well, they clearly didn't get the full funding then. Better buy some ships, guys!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

One Winged Angel posted:

Many gamers really do not know 'what' Star Citizen offers....

I went into game that offered me a free play (Will not say the game since this is not about what game I was in but about Star Citizen).
Once I got setup in general chat I asked "Anyone going to play Star Citizen?" right away I was attacked and told from that its a scam to vaporware to STFU noob.....

So after the attackers died down I went on to say "How weird, all this hate at a video game! Of all things in life you all hate a video game. I think this game (the un-named one I was in), Star Citizen and even ED has much to offer. Each game is space based but offers something different the other does not. I like them all myself and do not understand why anyone would think variety is a bad thing."

Few minutes later some peeps started commenting things like "Ya, I hope Star Citizen does good because the public has been scammed and broken promises so much in the past it's hard to not to see a game offering what SC does and not be majorly gun shy"

Then I went onto to explain some of the features SC offers. No skills or end game, sandbox, loaning your ships out, link to Death of a Spaceman and no monthly sub's needed and private servers you can customize.

To my surprise most of them knew nothing of this at all and few of them said they wanted to look more into SC.

So what we see here is classic mob mentality.
They hate SC, but never really took a deep dive into what it offers.

Just wanted to share something interesting I noticed about some of the haters.

I have a bridge to sell you

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Renegret posted:

I have a bridge to sell you

I have a bridge to sell you in a month's time.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

considering how much 94 million utterly dwarfs what they asked for, spacelogic dictates it should have been done in 2 weeks

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I am excited for the newest hit in the Star Citizen octalogy to be released early next week

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

One Winged Angel posted:

I sexually molested an 11 year old relative. 

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
reminder that Seraph, proponent of Bitcoin and Star Citizen, has also probably spent around $200 of his disability benefits on SA accounts and avatars at this point. He also is a child molester. He might be the saddest character in this sordid tale.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Omi-Polari posted:

It's because video games are literally for children.

After mullling the problem over a bit, I can only conclude those guys must be addicted to video games. What they think is ennui is just their brain getting numb from their latest fix, so they need a new one. The games "feel stale" for them because after playing games for so long, their brains simply stopped releasing that weird happyness drug (I forgot what it was called) endorphines. If they want to have fun playing games again, they actually would need to stop playing for a while.

Star Citizen is of course the perfect drug for them, since they can't play it. So it will always be the hope which keeps them addicted. If it ever comes out, even a perfect game would leave them strangely bored after two weeks. Of course it always will the game's fault, never the junkie's.

Edit:

gently caress. I literally remembered right after clicking "submit". :mad:

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

One Winged Angel posted:

Many gamers really do not know 'what' Star Citizen offers....

I went into game that offered me a free play (Will not say the game since this is not about what game I was in but about Star Citizen).
Once I got setup in general chat I asked "Anyone going to play Star Citizen?" right away I was attacked and told from that its a scam to vaporware to STFU noob.....

So after the attackers died down I went on to say "How weird, all this hate at a video game! Of all things in life you all hate a video game. I think this game (the un-named one I was in), Star Citizen and even ED has much to offer. Each game is space based but offers something different the other does not. I like them all myself and do not understand why anyone would think variety is a bad thing."

Few minutes later some peeps started commenting things like "Ya, I hope Star Citizen does good because the public has been scammed and broken promises so much in the past it's hard to not to see a game offering what SC does and not be majorly gun shy"

Then I went onto to explain some of the features SC offers. No skills or end game, sandbox, loaning your ships out, link to Death of a Spaceman and no monthly sub's needed and private servers you can customize.

To my surprise most of them knew nothing of this at all and few of them said they wanted to look more into SC.

So what we see here is classic mob mentality.
They hate SC, but never really took a deep dive into what it offers.

Just wanted to share something interesting I noticed about some of the haters.

Yeah and 3 to 4 years later there is absolutely nothing indicating that poo poo exists. There are only disparate, broken as gently caress, poorly optimized 'modules' with no sense of how they will fit together.

They had to use year old footage for a 'sneak preview' of their alpha 2.0. Nobody except Star Citizen fucktards would let a developer get away with pulling that poo poo. And it wasn't even loving gameplay. It was an old pre reneder. They couldn't even be loving bothered to put together a new pre render. And their excuse for not showing anything? 'Oh it is in Q&A, not much to show'.

For your retarded brain, that means the thing is nearly done and only bugs are being worked out. So there is plenty to show in theory. But nope, not a thing.

Anyone who has half a loving brain can smell the poo poo coming from this unwashed rear end in a top hat of a project and has enough sense to stay the gently caress away. They haven't met one deadline and all the other poo poo that went on, and you are describing loving features that haven't been demonstrated after 90 million. They haven't even proved they can get the server architecture for a PU. Only people as loving stupid as you would give this any thought at this point.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol seraph got banned and probated, paid $10 to unban himself, but I don't think he realized that you can't pay to get out of a probation

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
Cowcaster, please tell me he bought back his account right before you probated him, that little double-decker ban was beautiful :swoon:

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

"fun"

I would have taken slave/prisoner in game over slave to micro-transactions.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I can't get over the fact that you could buy in-game money before we know how valuable that money will be.

It's going to be hilarious if you spend 20 bucks on 20k credits, only to have the first mission of the game give you 40k. (Not that we'll ever have missions or anything)

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

A few months after the hangar release you'll be able to invite friends over!
A few being at least 30!

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Hahaha they are selling in game currency when there is no footage of the PU or evidence of a playable PU, holy loving poo poo.

Star Citizen is the worst of the internet and gaming combined. Bitcoin, microtransactions, pay-to-win, 'early access' that never goes anywhere, Scientology, buying concept art...loving hell.

Even Russian and Chinese knock off games weren't this loving greedy. And at least they were games you could play. lovely games, but games. Even games that sold in game currency before the game was out had something you could play and spend that money on.

Starcitizens are the biggest bunch of sycophantic gullible retards I have ever seen in my life.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen/description

quote:

No Pay to Win

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

In-game advertising!

:parrot: Look at that Mustang Sponsored by AMD fight that Aurora Sponsored by Coke! :parrot:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

redwalrus posted:

"fun"

How did no one involved with making that jpg realize that is in no way a stylized "C"

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:qq: Don't blow up my Prozac™ Destroyer guys! Noooo not my Zoloft™ Repair Drone Nooooo :qq:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

redwalrus posted:

:qq: Don't blow up my Prozac™ Destroyer guys! Noooo not my Zoloft™ Repair Drone Nooooo :qq:

Should've bought State Farm™ LTI.

idiot

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

Star Citizen: Chris Roberts plays it in his head, and you do too.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

redwalrus posted:

"fun"

UEE: United Earth Credits Chit.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Looking to start playing this game, when is it coming out?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Tenzarin posted:

:twoweeks:

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

Just start posting and you're playing the real game

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Can I ask the mods how they feel about a guy spending hundreds of :10bux: to argue in the star citizen thread? Like is it annoying or are they just like well that's another :10bux: for 15 seconds of work.

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

I'm sorry for calling you a cat fucker earlier, Peter. I love you so much, I was just making up a scenario I thought was funny. Please forgive me, friend.

AP posted:

It's done, he's talking to the guy now and I don't see what the big deal is, this is the same guy Chris Roberts tried to get to help him launch the Wing Commander reboot with EA "I also had the responsibility of going through Chris's plans in great detail when Star Citizen was still a Wing Commander reboot with a license from EA and a $25M budget."

There was some document of this on screen but I wasn't quick enough to get a screen grab.

So if Chris Roberts and Derek Smart have both spoken to this guy at least Derek's wife hasn't song the Nazi national anthem yet, Chris Roberts can't say that.

This makes me want to see it. This really is a good rebuttal to everybody freaking out over this. The feds will give immunity to complete psychopaths to get inside info on a criminal conspiracy. This racist Vox GaySuckingSatan'sCockinHellGuy is an infected anal cyst on the body politic, but I have't heard of any mafia (swedish or otherwise) murder allegations leveled on him, and he has valuable, rare information on this ongoing criminal conspiracy. Even better, this racist poo poo head was involved before it went bad, so he isn't even tarred with the criminality of the enterprise. He can speak to the original project and how it started out.

Is a recording up yet? I need to do dishes and make some cold brew coffee, so I do need something to listen to.

fuctifino posted:

Everything is going to be fine. I can't see this being a bad idea at all.

No no no. D_Smart is the type of nazi who joins the party only after Hitler gets elected Chancellor and starts taking control, so that he can maintain his business connections and maybe get government contracts. He makes mad money before the war and joins the SS after it starts. He doesn't give a poo poo about jews, leaving that to his fellow officers, and prefers to go after glory by leading shock troops in the great encirclement battles.

D_Smart is the type of nazi who leads his ss unit to the Allied occupied areas of Germany at the tail end of the war and then quietly moves to Argentina. He wouldn't get caught in Berlin and have to decide between a bullet to the head and Russian capture. That's chump level nazi bullshit

Lord_NeckBeard fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Nov 8, 2015

Trolololowned
Nov 8, 2015

by Lowtax
f

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Nov 9, 2015

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

you're loving insane

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Thank you, but this thread has already been reported recently!

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015
Derek is the type of nazi who yells, "That's him in the wheel chair!"

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

i'm.... disappointed.... my photoshop was used in that

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

This thread is really moving now

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

Justin Tyme posted:

i'm.... disappointed.... my photoshop was used in that

Were there just a bunch of those Seraph photoshops? I added his dropbox account to my adblock and there are blank spaces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

• Locked thread