Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Is that last picture with the guns finally proof that his supposed gf, is really just a dude with long hair? Thats what it looks like to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

These guys sound like a whole tub full of fun.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Gross

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
what an eclectic retard

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Wulfling posted:

Is that last picture with the guns finally proof that his supposed gf, is really just a dude with long hair? Thats what it looks like to me.

No, you see, his girlfriend is the one holding the camera

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Wulfling posted:

It can't be him I don't think. Seraph has in the past claimed to live in NYC and that kind of firepower is super-illegal there.

hmm... I suspect that maybe Seraph has been less than honest with the way he has portrayed himself on the internet.

Trolololowned
Nov 8, 2015

by Lowtax

Lord_NeckBeard posted:

Were there just a bunch of those Seraph photoshops? I added his dropbox account to my adblock and there are blank spaces.
You're missing out, there are some really cute catte digitalized photographic prints in there! And this:

Trolololowned
Nov 8, 2015

by Lowtax

DoctorStrangelove posted:

hmm... I suspect that maybe Seraph has been less than honest with the way he has portrayed himself on the internet.
:drac:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

link to the yospos post that discovered this

Trolololowned
Nov 8, 2015

by Lowtax

It's a treasure trove of Secret Seraph Stuff, that dropbox.

Trolololowned fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 8, 2015

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

link to the yospos post that discovered this

I also would like to see the source on Seraphs kiddydiddling convictions.

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

gently caress you. I bested you by not getting eyefucked with your weirdness, but you also hosed up my previous post. No one is going to riff on my Derek's the type of nazi jokes.

Trolololowned
Nov 8, 2015

by Lowtax

Friendly Tumour posted:

I also would like to see the source on Seraphs kiddydiddling convictions.
A goon who demands evidence before joining a witch hunt? A reasonable goon? What manner of sorcery is this?!

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
Hey guys I'm totally not a kiddy fucker, have these painful edits which feature murder and genital mutilation.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I want to know if he raped a child so I can say "loving called it"

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

Hey guys I'm totally not a kiddy fucker, have these painful edits which feature murder and genital mutilation.

Of children

Friendly Tumour posted:

Ask fishmech about it

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 8, 2015

Trolololowned
Nov 8, 2015

by Lowtax
OMG you guys I just found a really old but super adorable video of my cattes!!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105154574/Athena%20Nanaki%20laser%20eyes.mp4

Wulfling posted:

That's a Saiga and a Kalashnikov - Russian weapons, HTH

Trolololowned fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 8, 2015

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

This Gary would like to welcome you to page 300 of this Star Citizen thread.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
I like to pretend I keep up with this thread by clicking last page, glazign over 5 posts and smugging softly to myself.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Of children

Ask fishmech about it

Thank you, I will.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Seraph was so smug about the price of bitcoin going up that he handily posted nudes of himself in the YOSPOS bitcoin thread which made cross-referencing the New York sex offender registry a little easier.

Friendly Tumour posted:

Sexual Conduct-2nd: Actor >17 Two Or More Acts On Child < 13 Victim Sex/Age Female, 11 Years Relationship to Victim Non-Stranger Probation: 10 Year(s)

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
I love the ability to create custom filters for uBlock. :allears:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Libluini posted:

After mullling the problem over a bit, I can only conclude those guys must be addicted to video games. What they think is ennui is just their brain getting numb from their latest fix, so they need a new one. The games "feel stale" for them because after playing games for so long, their brains simply stopped releasing that weird happyness drug (I forgot what it was called) endorphines. If they want to have fun playing games again, they actually would need to stop playing for a while.

Star Citizen is of course the perfect drug for them, since they can't play it. So it will always be the hope which keeps them addicted. If it ever comes out, even a perfect game would leave them strangely bored after two weeks. Of course it always will the game's fault, never the junkie's.

Edit:

gently caress. I literally remembered right after clicking "submit". :mad:

And you unfortunately still got it wrong. Endorphins are primarily pain-killers, what you're thinking of is dopamine, which is the primary neurochemcial (although not sole neurochemical) that governs the reward system feedback loop.

Trolololowned
Nov 8, 2015

by Lowtax

KiddieGrinder posted:

I love the ability to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXQkXXBqj_U&t=76s

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

KiddieGrinder posted:

Indeed. Unless he makes a different host account (and pays premium there too so that they don't kill the pics) blocking by a url with his ID works wonders.

Trolololowned
Nov 8, 2015

by Lowtax

SelenicMartian posted:

Indeed. Unless he makes a different host account (and pays premium there too so that they don't kill the pics) blocking by a url with his ID works wonders.
Or just start using imgur, upload a dozen different albums with the same stuff.. It's like I said before: worship me, and I may yet be merciful.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
To be sung to M.I.A Paper Planes.

"Pixel Planes"

[x2]
I make more pixels, get high like Chris
If you catch me at the computer I got jpgs in my name
If you come around here, I make 'em all day
I get one down in a second if you wait

[x2]
Sometimes Im making GBS threads out more ships
Every ship I do I'm loving up that game
Everyone's a winner, we're making our fame
Bona fide hustler Chris is my name

[x4]
All I wanna do is (PEWWW PEWWW PEWWW PEWWW!)
And (KKKAAAA CHING!)
And take your money

[x2]
Pictures of ships and funding options
Ships and jpgs and mocap and ships
Ruining when we hit 'em
More money for the system

[x2]
No one on the corner has jpg artifacts like us
Watch me in my mocap suit shooting space
We act and do only what Chris says
Already going hell just flogging this horse

[x4]
And (KKKAAAA CHING!)
And take your money

M.I.A
Third world developers
Yeah, I got more jpgs than the N.A.S.A.
So, uh, no release date yet

Some some some I some I mocap
Some I some I scam more dough
Some some some I some I mocap
Some I some I scam more dough

[x4]
And (KKKAAAA CHING!)
And take your money

Trolololowned
Nov 8, 2015

by Lowtax

Jst0rm posted:

Can I ask the mods how they feel about a guy spending hundreds of :10bux: to argue in the star citizen thread? Like is it annoying or are they just like well that's another :10bux: for 15 seconds of work.
Yes, pray tell us mods, are you getting trolled even half as hard as the rest of these poor bastards here?

Trolololowned fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 8, 2015

Molotov Cock Tale
Jun 30, 2010

Trolololowned posted:

worship me, and I may yet be merciful.

Is that what you said to the 11 year old?

Crash74
May 11, 2009

Trolololowned posted:

Or just start using imgur, upload a dozen different albums with the same stuff.. It's like I said before: worship me, and I may yet be merciful.

Have you spent more money in re regs than jepg spaceships yet you weirdo?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Jon Pop of videogames thinks hes a masterd troll

Trolololowned
Nov 8, 2015

by Lowtax

Molotov Cock Tale posted:

THERE IS NO 11 YEAR OLD YOU loving BASTARDS AJHORU*GHAOGRJAEOIGJA#)($JGA$EPOFJ@POJGARWEPGOKAREGKREAPO{G

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

It's always a smart troll that spends time saying "I'M TROLLING YOU DON'T YOU KNOW" as in response to constant mockery from others.

It's a sign of a job well done when you feel the need to repeatedly remind us of this.

Yes I imagine they're at least 13 by now.

Trolololowned
Nov 8, 2015

by Lowtax

Chalks posted:

It's always a smart troll that spends time saying "I'M TROLLING YOU DON'T YOU KNOW" as in response to constant mockery from others.

It's a sign of a job well done when you feel the need to repeatedly remind us of this.
I'M TROLLING YOU DON'T YOU KNOW

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/294659/many-gamers-really-do-not-know-what-star-citizen-offers#latest

Because that was a copy paste and you dumbasses jumped on the bait like fish into a boat. Like kids into a tra.. nevermind

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

you literally reupped on an account with a 30 day probation, I dont think owning yourself this hard qualifies as trolling unless you just happened to have a serious case of the sadbrains.

:shittypop:

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

12 Cognitive biases vs the Star Citizen cult

Confirmation Bias - only visit websites that express our...opinions, and why we mostly hang around people who hold similar views and tastes.
Totally not reddit.

Ingroup Bias - forge tighter bonds with people in our ingroup, performs the exact opposite function for those on the outside — it makes us suspicious, fearful, and even disdainful of others.
Again, totally not reddit. No way that they would accuse everyone of being a DS alt. Nope.

Gambler's Fallacy - put a tremendous amount of weight on previous events, believing that they'll somehow influence future outcomes.
Chris Roberts made Wing Commander, this will definitely be just as good, if not better!

Post-Purchase Rationalization - a kind of built-in mechanism that makes us feel better after we make crappy decisions, especially at the cash register. Also known as Buyer's Stockholm Syndrome, it's a way of subconsciously justifying our purchases — especially expensive ones.
Dropping $1000k+ on a video game.

Neglecting Probability - our inability to properly grasp a proper sense of peril and risk.
This game is too big to fail and they said they have a reserve fund!

Observational Selection Bias - This is that effect of suddenly noticing things we didn't notice that much before — but we wrongly assume that the frequency has increased.
We're getting more and more backers, the game is getting more popular and making more money than at the beginning!

Status-Quo Bias - Part of the perniciousness of this bias is the unwarranted assumption that another choice will be inferior or make things worse.
Elite has planets? A full galaxy? Rovers? It's going to have multicrew and EVA? It still sucks because Star Citizen has fidelity!

Negativity Bias - People tend to pay more attention to bad news — and it's not just because we're morbid. Social scientists theorize that it's on account of our selective attention and that, given the choice, we perceive negative news as being more important or profound.
/r/dereksmart

Bandwagon Effect - Though we're often unconscious of it, we love to go with the flow of the crowd. When the masses start to pick a winner or a favorite, that's when our individualized brains start to shut down and enter into a kind of "groupthink" or hivemind mentality.
Reddit a hivemind? Nah. Ban dissenters from RSI? Must be a DS alt.

Projection Bias - We tend to assume that most people think just like us ... this cognitive shortcoming often leads to a related effect known as the false consensus bias where we tend to believe that people not only think like us, but that they also agree with us; we overestimate how typical and normal we are, and assume that a consensus exists on matters when there may be none.
Most of the world expects this to be the BDSSE, except for the few who want to see it fail. Them and clickbait journalists. The only clickbait journalists are ones we disagree with. The rest are a-ok.

The Current Moment Bias - Most of us would rather experience pleasure in the current moment, while leaving the pain for later.
I tend to think of this more like denial. Only freedom through a refund/chargeback can free the mind.

Anchoring Effect - Also known as the relativity trap, this is the tendency we have to compare and contrast only a limited set of items. ...We tend to fixate on a value or number that in turn gets compared to everything else. The classic example is an item at the store that's on sale; we tend to see (and value) the difference in price, but not the overall price itself.
$600 for a space bus? That's nothing, people spend that much over the course of 6 weekends hanging out with real friends.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

I heard a story about Seraph once, about how his girlfriend broke up with him.

She said "You're a paedophile, I heard all about it, it's over!", and Seraph retorted "Paedophile huh? That's an awfully big word for an eleven year old to understand!"

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Trolololowned posted:

Yes, pray tell us mods, are you getting trolled even half as hard as the rest of these poor bastards here?

That's the best username you could come up with for a resub?

We got quite the puppet master here.

I have been thoroughly puppeted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
I don't think the 11 year old story is true, I still think he's nuts though.

• Locked thread