Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Eonwe posted:

he is trying way way too hard honestly

less funny than usual

He's really upset

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Google Butt posted:

He's really upset

I hope he doesn't take it out on his cousin

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer

Friendly Tumour posted:

I hope he doesn't take it out on his cousin

His cousin is probably too old for him now.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

This thread was literally better when Derek was telling us why it was ok to have a chat with a neo nazi

At least Seraph does not disappoint.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
On the First day of Backing Chris Roberts gave to me
a Sunk Cost Fallacy

On the Second day of Backing Chris Roberts gave to me
Two Echo Chambers
and a Sunk Cost Fallacy

On the Third day of Backing Chris Roberts gave to me
Three Lead Producers
Two Echo Chambers
and a Sunk Cost Fallacy

On the Fourth day of Backing Chris Roberts gave to me
Four Mocap Studios
Three Lead Producers
Two Echo Chambers
and a Sunk Cost Fallacy

On the Fifth day of Backing Chris Roberts gave to me
Five Stretch Goals
Four Mocap Studios
Three Lead Producers
Two Echo Chambers
and a Sunk Cost Fallacy

On the Sixth day of Backing Chris Roberts gave to me
Six Pre-Alphas
Five Stretch Goals
Four Mocap Studios
Three Lead Producers
Two Echo Chambers
and a Sunk Cost Fallacy

On the Seventh Day of Backing Chris Roberts gave to me
Seven Devs a-Quitting
Six Pre-Alphas
Five Stretch Goals
Four Mocap Studios
Three Lead Producers
Two Echo Chambers
and a Sunk Cost Fallacy

On the Eighth Day of Backing Chris Roberts gave to me
Eight Staff a-Firing
Seven Devs a-Quitting
Six Pre-Alphas
Five Stretch Goals
Four Mocap Studios
Three Lead Producers
Two Echo Chambers
and a Sunk Cost Fallacy

On the Ninth Day of Backing Chris Roberts gave to me
Nine Lesnicks Dancing :lesnick: :lesnick: :lesnick: :lesnick: :lesnick: :lesnick: :lesnick: :lesnick: :lesnick:
Eight Staff a-Firing
Seven Devs a-Quitting
Six Pre-Alphas
Five Stretch Goals
Four Mocap Studios
Three Lead Producers
Two Echo Chambers
and a Sunk Cost Fallacy

On the Tenth Day of Backing Chris Roberts gave to me
Ten Mods a-Banning
Nine Lesnicks Dancing :lesnick: :lesnick: :lesnick: :lesnick: :lesnick: :lesnick: :lesnick: :lesnick: :lesnick:
Eight Staff a-Firing
Seven Devs a-Quitting
Six Pre-Alphas
Five Stretch Goals
Four Game Dev Studios
Three Lead Producers
Two Echo Chambers
and a Sunk Cost Fallacy

On the Eleventh Day of Backing Chris Roberts gave to me
Eleven White Knights Crying
Ten Mods a-Banning
Eight Staff a-Firing
Seven Devs a-Quitting
Six Pre-Alphas
Five Stretch Goals
Four Game Dev Studios
Three Lead Producers
Two Echo Chambers
and a Sunk Cost Fallacy

On the Twelfth Day of Backing Chris Roberts gave to me
Twelve Lawyers Suing
Ten Mods a-Banning
Eight Staff a-Firing
Seven Devs a-Quitting
Six Pre-Alphas
Five Stretch Goals
Four Game Dev Studios
Three Lead Producers
Two Echo Chambers
and a Sunk Cost Fallacy

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
:eyepop:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

On the First day of Backing Chris Roberts gave to me
a Sunk Cost Fallacy

On the Second day of Backing Chris Roberts gave to me
Two Echo Chambers
and a Sunk Cost Fallacy

On the Third day of Backing Chris Roberts gave to me
Three Lead Producers
Two Echo Chambers
and a Sunk Cost Fallacy

On the Fourth day of Backing Chris Roberts gave to me
Four Mocap Studios
Three Lead Producers
Two Echo Chambers
and a Sunk Cost Fallacy

On the Fifth day of Backing Chris Roberts gave to me
Five Stretch Goals
Four Mocap Studios
Three Lead Producers
Two Echo Chambers
and a Sunk Cost Fallacy

On the Sixth day of Backing Chris Roberts gave to me
Six Pre-Alphas
Five Stretch Goals
Four Mocap Studios
Three Lead Producers
Two Echo Chambers
and a Sunk Cost Fallacy

On the Seventh Day of Backing Chris Roberts gave to me
Seven Devs a-Quitting
Six Pre-Alphas
Five Stretch Goals
Four Mocap Studios
Three Lead Producers
Two Echo Chambers
and a Sunk Cost Fallacy

On the Eighth Day of Backing Chris Roberts gave to me
Eight Staff a-Firing
Seven Devs a-Quitting
Six Pre-Alphas
Five Stretch Goals
Four Mocap Studios
Three Lead Producers
Two Echo Chambers
and a Sunk Cost Fallacy

On the Ninth Day of Backing Chris Roberts gave to me
Eight Staff a-Firing
Seven Devs a-Quitting
Six Pre-Alphas
Five Stretch Goals
Four Mocap Studios
Three Lead Producers
Two Echo Chambers
and a Sunk Cost Fallacy

On the Tenth Day of Backing Chris Roberts gave to me
Ten Mods a-Banning
Eight Staff a-Firing
Seven Devs a-Quitting
Six Pre-Alphas
Five Stretch Goals
Four Game Dev Studios
Three Lead Producers
Two Echo Chambers
and a Sunk Cost Fallacy

On the Eleventh Day of Backing Chris Roberts gave to me
Ten Mods a-Banning
Eight Staff a-Firing
Seven Devs a-Quitting
Six Pre-Alphas
Five Stretch Goals
Four Game Dev Studios
Three Lead Producers
Two Echo Chambers
and a Sunk Cost Fallacy

On the Twelfth Day of Backing Chris Roberts gave to me
Twelve Lawyers Suing
Ten Mods a-Banning
Eight Staff a-Firing
Seven Devs a-Quitting
Six Pre-Alphas
Five Stretch Goals
Four Game Dev Studios
Three Lead Producers
Two Echo Chambers
and a Sunk Cost Fallacy

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
This guy gets it.

September 05, 2014.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

my e-cred :negative:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
This thread got weird

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
old and insular much like my anus

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

G0RF posted:

This guy gets it.

September 05, 2014.

The critic is a literal sock puppet. Very subtle.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying
When you think about it though the jpeg having true believers are living a blessed life where they can be happy, content and self confident about their insanely terrible decisions.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

MeLKoR posted:

But even the guy interviewing the sockpuppet eventually quit CIG and left a nastygram about his time on Facebook.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
This thread rots.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Apple Craft posted:

This thread rots.

Much like your posts!

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I still don't get why more journalists haven't looked into what's actually going on with this game - either to confirm what's been said or to report that's everything is going fine. You would think that after the escapist article other journalists would want to get in on what it is a pretty major story in gaming, even if it were just to say "we've looked into this and there is no evidence behind the escapist and derek smart". There was that one Kotaku reporter who said he's heard stuff and that the escapist article was "unprofessional", but they still haven't touched it.

It's not like CIG is some major publisher where they would need to worry that much about a long term relationship, either. I know it's a lovely industry and everything, but that's precisely why I would expect a bunch of exposes for clicks.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHLxF_GTJvM

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I still don't get why more journalists haven't looked into what's actually going on with this game - either to confirm what's been said or to report that's everything is going fine. You would think that after the escapist article other journalists would want to get in on what it is a pretty major story in gaming, even if it were just to say "we've looked into this and there is no evidence behind the escapist and derek smart". There was that one Kotaku reporter who said he's heard stuff and that the escapist article was "unprofessional", but they still haven't touched it.

It's not like CIG is some major publisher where they would need to worry that much about a long term relationship, either. I know it's a lovely industry and everything, but that's precisely why I would expect a bunch of exposes for clicks.

The reason is that the fanbase is completely loving nuts and it's bad for business to piss off cults like that. It's the same reason why few news agencies talk about scientology and the like

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I wanna be an internet edge lord namefag

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

MeLKoR posted:

Out of the mouths of footwear...

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Friendly Tumour posted:

The reason is that the fanbase is completely loving nuts and it's bad for business to piss off cults like that. It's the same reason why few news agencies talk about scientology and the like

Yeah, these guys will gang up on anyone that dares not even be critical but simply not 100% hype. No one will touch this until everyone does.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

MeLKoR posted:

Yeah, these guys will gang up on anyone that dares not even be critical but simply not 100% hype. No one will touch this until everyone dies.

There you go.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

the difference is that scientology murders and actually ruins peoples lives via litigation, where as star citizen believers will create reddits about you.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

MeLKoR posted:

Careful, he must be one of those 4chan people because he used namefag.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

wow your a dwarf according to that picture or its photoshopped.
being dwarf probably makes it easier to hook up with 11 year old.
I guess you should seek help. Not only your losing awful lot of money on bitcoins and something awful accounts.
Your also certified pedophile midget.

Also reply to me through an avatar since im putting you into ignore list again :)

Dark Off fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Nov 9, 2015

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

MeLKoR posted:

this one's too far gone, brain just went bad

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

These post always include half finished "counterexample" that when completed would actually easily explain the problem.

Of course there are many people following this scam.
Here is an example why:

I don't care about soccer and can't name more than 3 players of our local team, but I still read the news regarding the Fifa bribes allegations, simply because Fifa is an institution big enough so this may have a lasting effect on all sports institutions and regulations in general that may affect a sport I care about.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

guys I'm laughing about this poo poo to keep up my shitposter profile high, not because the writing's on the wall about what a doomed clusterfuck this project has become. secretly think it will come out and be :gary:PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP:yarg:

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Lol y do u guys think that is really seraph and not just some troll :confused:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i don't think these guys understand the average SA poster, i'm p sure we just flock to train wrecks since we're all emotionally dependent on a constant source of schadenfreude. afaik this communities never been prone to tearing down projects that are actually coming along, we just are the vultures hovering over the poor dying animals.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

goons helped save ccp from monoclegate, that's how edgy we are

Cpt Underpants
Nov 19, 2008

Simply Irresistible
Grimey Drawer
:ironicat:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

They might get more clicks from just promoting breathless hype. "Latest Star Citizen Trailer Will Leave You Breathless..."

Posts like that, which takes seconds to write, spread out over several years is better for traffic and revenue. Maybe. It might not be that they're afraid of their readers (most probably don't care if readers don't like it) but that's what readers are more likely to click on. There's no direct long-term relationship with CIG just an intersection of mutual interests. Ooh, pretty spaceship pictures. Share to Reddit. I've got bad brains. Where an investigation takes time and is difficult to do, and they would basically have to work on it in their spare time, for not much extra pay (if any).

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Percelus posted:

goons helped save ccp from monoclegate, that's how edgy we are

We did?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Maldoror posted:

One nut or another doesn't make that much of a difference. Unless it's a mod someone is spending an insane amount of money on a lovely gimmick.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Maldoror posted:

this is the seventh circle of hell, the seventh iteration of the Star Citizen thread

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Most websites lean strongly towards giving devs the benefit of a doubt while games are in development unless it's been in a duke nuukem style development hell, because when something is a retail/finished product its easier to criticize and talk about. Its murkier when games are in KS or early access and literally taking money before the game is done.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Are we still shrieking about Vox Day or did actual Croberts poo poo happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzPaws
Aug 10, 2014

- Ponzi Scheme Survivor -

Lovely Senorita posted:

this is the seventh circle of hell, the seventh iteration of the Star Citizen thread

Thread must continue until the prophecy is complete.

• Locked thread